• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So apparently Sans is becoming the new Thunder McQueen. I had read up the note at the bottom of McQueen's page to check for validity here and yes, I verified the wincons. Thunder McQueen has raw AP and dura over Sans and has Highway to Hell as a last-ditch resort, which serves as basically Destiny Bond from Pokemon and ignores conventional range at the price of basically offing himself (which VBW doesn't seem to account for, hence the lack of good Creeper matchups). Sans has Soul Manip, has an AP advantage with his best attack (basically just slamming his opponent around with telekinesis, though Sans only used it as a last resort due to other instances of telekinesis being not as damaging, as after that he tries to softlock the game by doing nothing), and has some decent danmaku. Both guys have NPI and resist soul manip. I wonder how this would go...

Speed is equalized here since otherwise, Sans would blitz.

Here are their profiles:

Thunder McQueen's Profile
Sans' Profile

May the VBW mods have mercy on my soul.

Thunder McQueen: 0
Sans: 0
Inconclusive: 0

Last edited:
Something something TMQ proceed to off himself immediately and HTH kicks in and kill Sans and incon gg

Something something TMQ proceed to off himself immediately and HTH kicks in and kill Sans and incon gg
If I can be so bold, I couldn't tell if this is a joke or a serious answer. Though I was imagining Sans' resistance to soul manip and soul absorption would help him out more at least.

If I can be so bold, I couldn't tell if this is a joke or a serious answer. Though I was imagining Sans' resistance to soul manip and soul absorption would help him out more at least.
It's more on serious side

But more importantly, iirc you can't really convince TMQ to not off himself because his mindset will always go to off himself

Unless Sans has a way to incap him

Unless Sans has a way to incap him
He kinda does. With his abilities, Sans' got Class 25 (quite a bit above Jotaro himself without his stand) and gravity manip (which is strong enough to slam someone to the ground or a wall, which I'm sure should be decent for pinning someone down as well). Slingshot rides, which are the closest thing a human can survive to being forcefully put through gravity-manip, can go for 5 G-forces and made people pass out, so Sans using gravity manip on McQueen would be like making McQueen suddenly weigh 300 kg (peak human starts at 227). Considering Jojo characters are somehow still susceptible to real-life science (a primary villain was killed through the effects of 100% oxygen), I can imagine how that would go. With souls, he can actually move around and slam Frisk's soul.

Plus there's the softlock which, let's be frank, nobody's certain if that's applicable in a Vs debating environment or not.

Last edited:
Hard to make tmq without incon
Yeah, true. I feel at least with Sans' abilities giving him Class 25, Sans should incap McQueen not through pinning McQueen down, but at a lifting strength difference between Class 25 (according to Sans' profile, greatly upscaling from 12 tonnes) and possibly Athletic Human (even without stands, JJBA characters have a bit of a beefcake thing going on here, so at least they'd be around there), Sans is likely breaking McQueen's bones. (Yes, there is the damage transferal bit, but considering Sans' primary method of damage is KARMA (whose damage is based on one's sins) and Sans is far from being a sinner let alone one of the same caliber as Chara, I don't think Highway to Hell can use KARMA back, but that's just a personal guesstimate)
how does Highway to hell interact with soul damage?
Honestly, I think that's a good question. According to McQueen's profile, his resistance to Soul Manip comes from him surviving having his soul removed, but it doesn't seem to specify if that's McQueen alone or if that's Highway to Hell helping him out. That's literally the best the profile's got, and despite Soul Manip being a requirement to damage incorporeal beings (a Stand), the best answer is really "I don't know!" If I can get scans of McQueen resisting Soul Manip, that would be great since that would probably help determine if that was the Stand's doing or not.

I am getting ignored sans can win with the final move. Give him knowledge and its a fair battle with sans winning

DONT IGNORE MEEEEE

Last edited:
The final standstill is either really weird hax or something that worked against Frisk specifically cuz game mechanics. It used to be on the profile, but it seems to have been removed, so idk if we use it at face value

The final standstill is either really weird hax or something that worked against Frisk specifically cuz game mechanics. It used to be on the profile, but it seems to have been removed, so idk if we use it at face value
The final attacks thing is sans just kept frisk in place kinda paralyzing them until he fell a sleep because of how tired he was from dodging

He does teleport Frisk's soul if it moves, that much is obvious at least.

However, Sans probably won't expect Thunder to kill himself without prior knowledge. He'll probably go with his typical opening move while Thunder tries to off himself

He does teleport Frisk's soul if it moves, that much is obvious at least.
I mean does he? His teleportation has a black screen effect but sans just seemed like he was...not letting frisk move with a unknown magic
However, Sans probably won't expect Thunder to kill himself without prior knowledge. He'll probably go with his typical opening move while Thunder tries
Give him knowledge and its a fair battle with sans winning

Giving Sans knowledge will make it a bit more interesting. Thunder moves at all, he's back in the position he was a few nanoseconds ago. Sans holds him in place, maybe he gets tired (though, he falls asleep against Frisk because he just overworked himself in the battle prior, while here it would be an opening move)

Yeah I think sans can keep him in a place until TMQ gives up or gets BFRd if sans can keep him away

If given prior knowledge. Which is more likely? Thunder giving up and let Sans Go or Thunder waiting for the chance to kill himself to kill Sans with his stand?

If given prior knowledge. Which is more likely? Thunder giving up and let Sans Go or Thunder waiting for the chance to kill himself to kill Sans with his stand?
Sans is one stubborn since he was gonna hold frisk down until end of time. I think sans wins 6 out of 10 times other 4 is TMQ dying and making it a incon

Are we still sure sans’ magic will trigger highway to hell?

it transfers damage but white snake is still able to remove his disks (a soul based ability) without doing anything to harm himself. Would sans’ magic act the same way?

Are we still sure sans’ magic will trigger highway to hell?

it transfers damage but white snake is still able to remove his disks (a soul based ability) without doing anything to harm himself. Would sans’ magic act the same way?
I think its different since that seems to only be specific to Whitesnake and not Sans's soul attacks.

So yeah, I am voting incon for this match since the two will die anyways or if given prior knowledge then Sans MIGHT get the edge to win if Thunder decided to give up or incap him for about 24 hours.

So apparently Sans is becoming the new Thunder McQueen. I had read up the note at the bottom of McQueen's page to check for validity here and yes, I verified the wincons. Thunder McQueen has raw AP and dura over Sans and has Highway to Hell as a last-ditch resort, which serves as basically Destiny Bond from Pokemon and ignores conventional range at the price of basically offing himself (which VBW doesn't seem to account for, hence the lack of good Creeper matchups). Sans has Soul Manip, has an AP advantage with his best attack (basically just slamming his opponent around with telekinesis, though Sans only used it as a last resort due to other instances of telekinesis being not as damaging, as after that he tries to softlock the game by doing nothing), and has some decent danmaku. Both guys have NPI and resist soul manip. I wonder how this would go...

Speed is equalized here since otherwise, Sans would blitz.

Here are their profiles:

Thunder McQueen's Profile
Sans' Profile

May the VBW mods have mercy on my soul.

Thunder McQueen: 0
Sans: 0
Inconclusive: 0
give sans knowledge for the memes

Back