• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(2 Aqua - 7 Cirno - 0 Ditto) Wonder if this is a swing of a stomp or not... Aqua vs Cirno

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
Aware High 6-C vs 6-C but...

My reasoning
Cirno has a direct AP at ~9.03321 x 10^19 J (high end 6-C) as seen here.
Aqua is said to be stronger than Wiz who subsequently scales to Megumi who did this at an AP of... 2.48 x 10^20 J (low end High 6-C).
See if Aqua's wall of hax can break through Cirno's regen and immortality.
Speed equalised else SBA.

The cutie water goddess - 2 (Jiangshi1, ShiroyashaGinSan)

The cutie ice fairy - 7 (Psychomaster35, Skalt711, Not Icarus, Veloxt1r0kore, ABoogieYesSir, Hans0l013123897, SixsT6)

The cutie Transform Pokémo - 0 (n/a)

hmm... I'd give it to Aqua. She can't perma-kill Cirno at all, but even since she can keep whailing on her with magic and barriers should her water attacks simply fail and freeze over, she can at least keep going with her wider array of abilities until Cirno gives up.

I'm pretty sure that Cirno has like Mid-Godly Regeneneration since someone like Star Sapphire cannot die as long as the stars exists which is an unfathomable amount of numbers in the known universe.

Not Icarus said:
I'm pretty sure that Cirno has like Mid-Godly Regeneneration since someone like Star Sapphire cannot die as long as the stars exists which is an unfathomable amount of numbers in the known universe.
Are you saying Cirno will win by what means or...

Just saying about the surprisingly large amount of protection her Type 8 Immortality gives her. Though I call this another inconclusive Cirno match. Because both can't really decisively end each other.

Well, Cirno keeps on respawning with Type 8 immortality from every death (even from existance erasure) and at some point, will eventually kill Aqua. I dont see how Aqua would forcefully eliminate all the cold there is in the universe. Plus, combine that with insane Danmaku, yep.

Vote counted

Now that is a close one. Who can debunk the other and who can get more votes?

How potent are Aqua's Existence Erasure, Statistics Amplification, Power Nullification, Power Mimicry, Attack Reflection, Teleportation, Spatial Manipulation and Forcefield Creation? Cirno's main advantage is bullet hell, which may work on Aqua, and Type 8 Immortality. I'm not well aware about Aqua's powers as much as Cirno's.

From what I've seen in anime, bullet hell should work well on Aqua. It all depends on how Power Nullification and Attack Reflection go. Even then Aqua would have trouble fighting with Cirno because of not only bullet hell, Cirno can flight.

I think that Cirno will fly high after getting attacked, after that she'll continuously bombard Aqua with lots of projectiles. Cirno seems to be a fairly maneuvering fairy, that will go to advantages as well. I'm not sure if there are any attacks of Aqua that are effective against flying opponents, so I will assume that Aqua is placed on a not very comfortable situation. Again, it depends on how Aqua's Power Nullification and Attack Reflection will go. If I'd rate chances of successful hit on a 100 points scale, Cirno would have 100, while Aqua - less than 15. I'd take a guess that the battle will go at close ranges due to Cirno's at least 36 meters danmaku range and due to Cirno willing to win. If Aqua manages to hit Cirno, that's likely not oneshot her, but the damage would be significant for sure and even if Aqua somehow manages to kill her a few times, that won't be enough to knock motivation out of Cirno. Eventually Cirno's continuous bombard will kill Aqua, I'm sure of it.

I'm voting for Cirno.

Edit: I know that Cirno can go melee.

Cirno actually beated gods in spellcard battles too in her story runs. Sanae, Okina, Okuu (she houses a god within her and she managed to hold her own againts her), and Shiki-Eiki. Alongside many other characters like in Touhou 9 in her run. I personally believe in a High 4-C Tanned Cirno tbh lol.

and yeah if we can take in consideration all of her feats. She's pretty comparable to the dodging skills of the other playable characters despite being dumb. She's probably the most skilled fairy ever known in the franchise going by her feats. Also I think I change my vote now to Cirno because of Skalt's reasonings.

Vote counted.

And a question (administrators and bureaucrats may answer): would this be a stomp in Cirno's favour or any amount of ice reserves to reduce to to make this match "fair"?

It is yet to see actual arguments that defend Aqua. Also, I don't think that this match is unfair because Cirno's motivation is not limitless and she may eventually give up if she won't manage to bypass Aqua's defense (includes barriers as well), thus lowering [Cirno's] defenses. Aqua is not dumb enough to not restrict cutie ice fairy, but it may take lots of time before the water goddess will release that she can do it if perma-kill is not possible because I don't think that she encountered immortal non-devils. Fix me if it's not true ;-;

Not changing my vote.

She can just use Sacred Break Spell to just null or reflect to reflect. Danmaku isn't even a problem, she can heal herself.

One null is enough. It's permanent Nullification, she nulled Maxwell once and he couldn't activate his power again. Sealing is a thing, in character even.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
She can just use Sacred Break Spell to just null or reflect to reflect. Danmaku isn't even a problem, she can heal herself.
How quick is Sacred Break Spell and how fast can it be applied? Same to healing: how quick and how fast it is?

I'd still go for Cirno tbh, she's oddly a great dodger at her best and can use bombs like Perfect Freeze and can damage her with her Touhou 16 spellcard bomb alongside many other spell/skill cards.

How quick is Sacred Break Spell and how fast can it be applied? Same to healing: how quick and how fast it is?

Say a word or just think for both. It's basically a type of spell like magicians have so it has fastcasting.

Yup. It works on Griffins (and non hellish stuffs).

So are you voting for anyone?

Oh wait if this is Tanned Cirno, she might actually resist power nullification because Okina and Narumi failed to do that to her in their fights (only in Okina's 2nd fight when she's fighting her though, since she's the one amping her up to ludicrous levels of power) and Okina's a High 4-C Goddess.

I wonder if Goddess Aqua vs Tanned Corno is a stomp.

Else we shall stick with Mortal Aqua vs Base Cirno

Let us not use Tanned Cirno for now as I think she cannot obtain this state without some secret god.

But would Goddess Aqua be stomping or decisively winning against Base Cirno? Or Cirno is enough to win?

(Off topic: I have a gut feeling if some VS show ever wants Aqua vs Cirno they would pick Goddess Aqua against Base Cirno)

Cirno might actually be a playable character again in the next Touhou game, it is 2019 afterall. Plus the latest issue of the Visionary Fairies In Shrine doujins sort of point towards it but it's all just speculation on my part, so don't take my word too seriously lol.

bump

so Base Aqua vs Base Cirno for now as a start

If Aqua can tap into goddess mode for whatever means she is allowed to.

Back