• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Flashlight237

VS Battles
Calculation Group
So Aqua from Konosuba would go about trying to put out a fire. Problem is that fire is Dark Firus: a fire-attribute monster that's immune to nearly everything RPGs share in common apparently. This is gonna be a bit of a tough match, but for how it'll be set up, well...

1. This is Volume 9 Aqua vs Dark Firus

2. Speed is equalized.

I wonder how this would go given how crazy a monster that made a brief appearance has gotten. Here are the profiles, btw.:

Aqua's Profile

Dark Firus' Profile

Who takes this?

Aqua.(KonoSuba).full.1963823
Thicc water

DarkFirus
Aqua: 0
Basically a Smaller ZeedMillenniummon In Terms of Looks: 7 (CerebralCortexDiscord, ZackMoon1234, HeadlessKramerGeoff777, Buttersamuri, Soupywolf5, I'm Blue daba dee daba die, Ionliosite)

Inconclusive: 0

Dark Firus requires a certain set of steps to defeat due to his all-around immunities (most notable of which for this fight is Null Water and Null Holy) that Aqua probably wouldn't figure out. Since Aqua "lacks the basic analytic skills and self-awareness to use her knowledge effectively", this will end up being a critical weakness when facing him. Given that, I'd give the win to Dark Firus. Perhaps if she was given direction on how to kill him, there'd be more room for her to acquire victory.

But that thing never resisted a holy or elemental attack from a goddess right ?

it's "immunities" might not be good enough given that Aqua just touching things purifies them and that she can turn whole spring into holy water (which is what Dark Firus resisted)

and considering that gods never actively intervene (as in participating in fighting) in cautious hero it would make sense that those in verse immunities only apply for things humans can do

Aqua also non physical interaction which helps against non corporeality and sealing which it doesn't resist

and iirc the monster was made with magic by a necromancer so wouldn't sacred break spell kinda be really effective which is also an attack that has a higher AP than the durability of Dark Firus

I vote for useless goddess

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
But that thing never resisted a holy or elemental attack from a goddess right?
Bruh, this is a monster from the series where the Seiya overpowered Cerceus, who is the same god who said he only had a chance of beating Seiya. That was Day 2 of training; soon after, Seiya overpowered Cerceus completely and left the dude with anxiety issues.

What makes you think a thing that proved to be a challenge to Seiya, a man who overpowered a Low 7-C god, can get taken down by Aqua?

first of all Seiya beat Cerceus without his divine powers in sword skills yes.

but this is about Dark Firus.

and resisting a bit of holy water doesn't make you immune to the attacks of a goddess who can accidently turn an entire hotspring into the stuff while trying to get poison out of it.

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
first of all Seiya beat Cerceus without his divine powers in sword skills yes.
Read the direct quote from Cerceus: http://prntscr.com/qa7zzk

Keyword: MIGHT, which is another way of saying "may." Cerceus isn't 100% sure if he's capable of beating Seiya even WITH his divine powers. And that was the second day of training. The third and fourth days, Seiya completely overpowered Cerceus.

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
that still doesn't make seiya any more proficient in holy and water element magic
No, but it wouldn't have mattered even if he had anything that isn't Ice magic maxed out. If Dark Firus can nullify maxed-out fire magic from a guy who overpowered a god (two in fact as Seiya has been shown to be superior to Ristarte's goddess powers numerous times), then it'd be the same case against other elemental abilities of the same capacity.

Wanna know why? Powerscaling. You can't ignore powerscaling like that, especially when Cerebral has given his reasonings as to why the battle would be in Dark Firus' favor. And for the record, when the training ended, Cerceus stated that Seiya was three times stronger than him, which would mean Dark Firus' AP would scale from 3.75 kilotons, much higher than Aqua's 2.5 kilotons.

No, but it wouldn't have mattered even if he had anything that isn't Ice magic maxed out. If Dark Firus can nullify maxed-out fire magic from a guy who overpowered a god
I get that he overpowered a god. but was it in a duel of holy magic and water magic or was it in swordsmanship ?

also I repeat my question. If you're so sure about who will win from the start then why make this thread ?

and if Aqua doesn't have anything that works against Dark Firus it's a stomp either way

RulerOfTheAbyss said:
also I repeat my question. If you're so sure about who will win from the start then why make this thread ?
1. Swordsmanship and fists, but that doesn't matter given the Wiki's definition of Attack Potency. Attack Potentcy is used to describe how powerful someone is in terms of raw attack prowess. AP applies to both physical AND magic attacks as long as magic isn't considered hax. In other words, a character who has water and holy magic that deals five kilotons with it has the exact same AP as a character who can do the same with just his fists. We only split the AP of a character's physical abilities and special abilities (and tools/weapons if they apply) when it is absolutely necessary to do so.

2. Any other threadmaker would've ignored this question and let you answer it for yourself, but apparently since common sense isn't here, leave it to me to answer a question that common sense would've answered for you. Making a VS Thread is the same thing as forming a hypothesis and seeking to test it out; you're never sure what the outcome truly is and what would lead to said outcome. In this case, we're talking about one of the top five (as far as I'm aware) most powerful Low 7-C characters against a creature that isn't undead and resists elemental manipulation nearly as a whole (Ice being the obvious exception) among several other hax and requires having its molecular structure disrupted to defeat (not to mention its weakness to ice when its molecular structure is disrupted would've rendered it completely defenseless). The matchup itself would've came off as that of an unstoppable force against an unmovable object.

Now please, could you not derail this thread by turning it into an argument over the basics of how the wiki works? I got a headache dealing with this.

Aqua had Non-Physical Interaction,Soulhax,EE,Reality Warping,Sealing. This can fully counter Non-Corporeal and Dark Firus existence just are limited Non-Corporeal.

For reason above i vote for aqua.

Back