• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired

Stop scaling to Explosion​

Soooooo, for now everyone is scaling to Megumin's Explosion. Although it was already agreed that we should stop doing this, I'll explain it before going through what the new stats should be.

Why Explosion shouldn't scale to anyone​

Pretty simple: Explosion is the ultimate spell in the verse, able to injure everything and everyone

"Interesting books flashed by one after another. Finally, I found what I was looking for.

“Practicability of Explosion Magic” ……I took this book, and flipped through it.

“Explosion Magic is the ultimate destructive magic. It is the most powerful offensive magic that can inflict injury to everything in existence. Currently, the way to learn this magic is mostly lost, only known by humans who have spent many years in magical research and long-lived, non-human mages. Furthermore, not only is it difficult to learn, its opportunity for use is also very limited. Therefore, mages who use this magic are also known as Minefield Mages, frequently rejected by adventurers who are looking for party members.”

Reading this, my admiration for Explosion Magic was slightly shaken."

In the scene I witnessed as a child, it was a destructive magic that violated everything."
(Explosion spin-off, vol 1 chapter 1)

Even Vanir, which is part of the God Tier of the verse, can be killed by it (and lost a life against it); despite being able to perfectly handle the strongest adventurers.

“Why are you such an unfair devil…? I used that many manatite and scrolls, and went so far as to use a forbidden item… Is there even a way to defeat you?”

“If thy want to at least deplete one of Moi lives, I suppose thy shall need to learn Explosion Magic.”

As such, nobody should scale to it like they all currently do, with even the strongest like Vanir being one-shotted by it. However there's some special case...

Why special cases can't scale to Explosion (at least in sheer durability)​

Currently there's around 5, possibly 6 characters who were stated to be able to survive Explosion or survived it. They are Darkness, Winter Shogun, Nyarlathotep (Earth Spirit), the Kowloon Hydra, Destroyer and possibly Sylvia (with Mage Killer).

I don't really feel like doing them separately, so I'll first put the reasons/explanations of why Explosion wouldn't kill them.

"The Winter Shogun can’t be defeated by Explosion. Although it had a shape of a human, it is still a fairy. Fairies are immaterial, an existence just like mana. If it was an existence like the Fairy King, its magical defense would be rather high. Although Explosion could deal damage to all sort of existences, it would still be hard to settle it in one blow… Also, I don’t want to cast Explosion on such a scary opponent.” (Vol 2 chapter 1) - Winter Shogun

"That’s right, everything was fine up until the point when it took a shot from the Explosion.

However, the Hydra, which lost several of its heads, started regenerating with magic."
(Vol 7 chapter 2) - Hydra

“Wait, that thing is approaching the town!? I blasted it with a shot of my Explosion! It can’t have recovered that quickly!”

Megumin said incredulously. She must have got it in a clean blast the last time.

“That thing was originally a greater earth spirit. It has high resistance against magic, so even if you use Explosion on it, a single shot probably wouldn’t take it down. But…!”
(Yorimichi 3rd short story) - Crawling Chaos

"
“Can’t Megumin’s Explosion take care of that thing? Its name seems to imply that it’s large, so it should be visible from afar. Just blow it away with magic.”

Megumin said in response:

“It won’t work, the Destroyer has a powerful magic barrier. It’d have no problems blocking a couple of explosion spells.”
(Vol 2 chapter 5) - Destroyer

"
“Hey Megumin, is there really no way to fight that Mage Killer?”

I asked Megumin beside me bitterly.

“As explained earlier, as the name implies, Mage Killer’s a weapon specializing in exterminating mages. It’s immune to magic. I heard that when the Mage Killer went on a rampage long ago, our ancestors used another weapon that was sealed away to destroy it. After overcoming that crisis, they repaired the Mage Killer as a memento and sealed it again…”
(Vol 5 chapter 5) - Mage Killer Sylvia

Let's first stop on them. Besides the Hydra who's just surviving it through regeneration (and can also easily be put as an outlier anyway), they all have one common point: High Magic Resistance. One of the most consistent thing in the entire series is that you can't tank Explosion without high regeneration (although the only characters to do so are kind outlier-ish) and/or very high magic resistance.

Now there was a point made in an older thread which was "They may need magic resistance, but it shouldn't be strong to the point of entirely nullifying the spell".

First, the purpose of magic resistance is to nullify it, as shown in the fifth short story of Yorimichi (an adaptation of the CD drama battle between undeads)

"Wolfgang extended his finger and fired a bolt of lightning at Wiz, but it vanished into nothingness an instant before it impacted.

Wiz adopted a triumphant, warlike smile, a stark contrast to her usual genial demeanour.

“Ufufufu, a sneak attack? As expected of the exquisite vampire. However, unlike the self proclaimed king of undead, we liches have far higher magic resistance than you vampires. There’s no way such a low leveled spell would’ve worked on me.”
(Konosuba Yorimichi: To Become the King of Undead)

In addition to this I think it is more consistent like this: Spirits/"Fairies" lacks a physical body entirely, so saying they have any form of durability to tank it besides magic resistance obviously can't work. Sylvia was highly threatened by things weaker than Explosion, but it's only when she got Mage Killer (which isn't stated anywhere to enhance her regular durability) that it became useless. Destroyer could no-sell Explosions with his magic barriers, but once they fell his durability was so bad against it that his legs were pulverised by Wiz's Explosion.

As such, they shouldn't be scaled to Explosion in physical durability at least, but should instead have something like "X tier, 8-B against magical attacks".

Why Darkness can't scale in sheer durability either​

Now there's Darkness, who tanked it, and while in a near-dead state, it wasn't truly explained how. But I do think we should treat in the same way the others special cases should. Here's the evidences leading me to this conclusion:

First, while I think it's known to pretty much everyone who saw Konosuba even one time, Darkness specializes in defense, including Magical Resistance:

“My skills are centred around Physical Defense, Magical Resistance and Abnormal Status Resistance. I also have a skill called Decoy that’s used to taunt the enemy.” (Vol 1 chapter 3)

However it makes little sense for her sheer durability to be able to tank it. One example of this is how a "mere" Rookie Killer/Beginner's Bane was able to knock her out, despite being a monster which can be handled by mid-level adventurers. It only happened 1 volume before her Explosion feat, although she did get experience from Vanir's dolls in between.

"Megumin was carried on Dust’s back, and Aqua was carrying Darkness who had lost consciousness and was showing the white of her eyes as Aqua wailed.

[...]

Hey, listen to me! After that, we encountered the Rookie Killer! Maybe it heard the explosion and rushed over. And the important mage was down at this critical juncture. I already said we should flee, but that Crusader charged at it despite not having armour, and the result was…”
(Vol 2 chapter 1)

It seems to be consistent enough, since in later volumes, even Explosion's shockwave can easily knock out Darkness despite being buffed by Aqua; although it can be put on the fact that it is a stronger Explosion than the one she tanked (she currently scales to vol 9 too anyway, which is wrong)

"With a loud boom, the shock wave radiated out to the surroundings.

Before I finished my cool lines, she abruptly unleashed her spell. That overly brutal force wasn’t satisfied with just pulling the goblins and the Rookie Killers in.

Darkness, at the fore of the formation, was blown away despite her heavy armor and stuck her sword onto the ground to stabilize herself.

Even I, who was behind her, couldn’t do anything about the shockwave and was pressed onto the ground.

… Lying face down on the ground, I lifted my head and looked toward the miserable sight.

The goblins and Rookie Killer were gone.

Darkness probably hit her head when she was blown away and was lying motionless, her eye whites showing." (Vol 9 chapter 2)

As such, my opinion is that it is more logic to consider it as Darkness high magic resistance allowing her to resist this like others, rather than her physical durability which was overpowered more than one time; unlike her magical one.

The new stats​

Now that the scaling basically doesn't exist anymore; we need feats to scale people to. Here's my proposals:

Low tier​

It's basically Kazuma, Lolisa, Seresdina, too-featless-characters/fodders and Mage's class physical tier.

Everyone in it should scale to Kazuma, because of his class still being the weakest of all no matter his levels, with for proof how even Megumin after launching an Explosion overpower him and can kill him at every point in the series.

Now for the tier in itself, anything 9-B (or at least high into it) and above seems very unlikely. Things like Advanced Magic and above constantly have this kind of tier, and they sure don't scale to this. For feats above them you can just use the mid/top/god tier justifications as a reference.

I think they should have something around "9-C, possibly 9-B" (At worst 10-A, but imo it feels too low for what they usually do/encounter, even if Kazuma did said that "he wouldn't lose to a normal human" at some point, implying he could before and Lolisa being weak without using men's power by absorbing them. Can be discussed.) because of the following feats:

-Kazuma broke a window by spritting into it, and he failed to destroy it with a kick, needing a body slam.

"After spitting out this line, I flew toward the window with a flying kick…!

“If you want my help, you can apologize to me anytime! Say, ‘I’m sorry for making everyone worry, I need Kazuma-sama’s help’… Uwah!”

The glass on the window was harder than I imagined. I didn’t break the glass with my kick and my entire body crashed into the window.

Instead of a kick, the window was smashed open with my body slam and I fell out of the window with the shattered pieces onto the ground.

Even though it was just the second floor, without anything to break my fall, I rolled on the ground in pain."
(vol 7 chapter 4)

-
He also tanked metal punches from ninnin, the weird mecha in Crimson forest, saying this kind of attacks "wouldn't work on him". Although it's most likely a personal boast, because it's stated a few lines after that he had broken bones.

"The ninnin that stopped in front of the black panties-

“Whoa!?”

Drove a rapid succession of palm strikes and kicks to my stomach.

Incidentally, it’s arms and legs are made of metal.

“Kazuma!? Dealing with ninnin is too difficult after all! It moves too fast that I can’t aim at it, and more importantly, I can’t attack it because it won’t leave your side!”

I spat out a sour liquid to intimidate ninnin.

Perhaps it’s because robots hate acidic attacks, but it put some distance between us.

“Y-You’re pretty good. I didn’t expect you to actually stand up to me at blaaaargh-”

“Just give up on the cool speeches already!”

It’s fine, this level of attack won’t work on me…

The only reason why I’m vomiting is because we kept running around after drinking…!

[...]

Honestly, my chest hurts.

Judging from how it feels, I probably had a broken bone or two.

Yeah, it probably broke a couple of my ribs.

Kazuma need to slam himself against window to break it, weakened Bombertruc broke Kazuma bones"
(Vol 14 chapter 4)

-
Killed a huge bull, although he was knocked out from crashing with someone way stronger than Kazuma to begin with

"A boar the size of a bull charged at Dust…!

“Wahhh!?” Dust was knocked into the sky by the boar.

However, the boar wasn’t unscathed after colliding with Dust who was covered in steel armour. It staggered about and stopped its rampage.

I charged at the boar and slashed at it. Unlike my usual tough battles, I took out the boar easily and watched how everyone else was doing."
(Vol 7 chapter 3)

-
Kazuma was also able to kill a Lizard Runner, which are huge human-sized beings faster than horses, with Lizard Princess's momentum against a tree making him lose his balance

"I shot an arrow at the princess runner, who was kicking right at me!

At this distance, I won’t miss even without Snipe.

The arrow was right on target, and the leg of the princess runner lost its strength and missed me.

“In the nick of time…!”

I muttered softly to myself as, in the face of a powerful foe, adrenaline rushed through me.

The body of the princess runner hit the tree with its inertia.

Taking a defenseless cool pose after shooting the arrow, I lost my balance and fell down the tree."
(Vol 4 chapter 1)

-
At last, he tanked Aegis' (living armor) arm movement f although he was dizzy after it.

"As I said that, the last chain on Aigis was removed.

“Ha!”

Following the shout, I was hit on my jaws and became dizzy.

“A-Assistant-kin?! Hey!? Why are you moving!?”

I held my shaky head and looked at Aigis to understand the situation better"
(Vol 8 chapter 4)

That's the highest feats I was able to found for what I think qualify as the "low tier" of the verse; now idk what's more consistent between 10-A, 9-C or 9-B, although I'm personally inclined toward something like "possibly" for 9-B.

Mid Tier​

Characters qualifying for this tier are: Aqua (non-buffed), physically enhanced Crimson Demons, weakened Demon King, relatively strong monsters and "normal" adventurers, intermediate magic users.

First, Crimson Demons can be way above their regular self by enhancing themselves with basic mana control, meaning it should be above things like Megumin (who can easily overpower Kazuma even without mana) but below actual magic like Advanced one. We don't know the exact extent of the enhancement, but it was enough to lift weapons taller than Arue, and wider than Megumin (which are 13 years old at this point) "The greatsword was taller than Arue. The blade of the axe was wider than my body.

The metal ball on the spiked mace looked so heavy, even an ogre wouldn’t be able to move it…

The teacher lifted the huge greatsword easily.

The teacher was physically weak and thin, yet she could lift it with one hand…!

“The trick is to let your mana infuse every part of your body. This method can temporarily enhance the bodies of Crimson Demons. After the previous lessons, you should know the basics. As long as you will it, you can naturally use this power!”

Hearing this, Arue walked forward.

And…

“…My magic power! Surge through my arteries and bestow upon me strength in my limbs!”

Arue shouted, single-handedly lifting the greatsword!"
(Explosions vol 1 chapter 2) In addition to this, Intermediate magic such as Create Earth Golem shows something similar, with the weakened Demon King using it to destroy Kazuma's own (manatite-enhanced) golem, which was a head taller than him. "Normally, my mana is only enough to create a flimsy earth doll, but…

“…You are capable… Of something like this…?”

With the mana contained inside a top-grade manatite, I could create a golem so large that it dwarved even the Demon King. In fact, the golem is so huge that it just barely scraped the ceiling.

I looked at the Demon King through the gap in the earth golem’s legs and smiled.

[...]

uddenly, the Demon King created a large amount of Earth in front of me.

The amount of earth he created was comparable to the amount I created with the help of a top grade manatite.

The sudden appearance of the wall of earth blocked my golem’s hand.

“Wait, you’re not──”

“Create Earth Golem!”

At the Demon King’s voice, the mound of earth shivered and twisted into a humanoid form.

His golem was about a head smaller than mine.

I really shouldn’t be saying this, but the Demon King really is capable of anything!

“…Phew. Oh no, that took up more magic than I expected… Still, you’ve done quite well, brat. Against a swordsman, use a sword. Against a spellcaster, use spells. And against an adventurer, use whatever specialty they have demonstrated to crush them… But still, you’re the first one that forced me to resort to such a strange fighting style.”

The Demon King seemed genuinely impressed, but right now I couldn’t care less.

It’s true that my golem is bigger, but the Demon King’s ability is…!

“Now it’s my turn. But you truly are a man with plenty of interesting ideas. I wonder what you’re going to do next?”

The Demon King’s golem, bolstered by the Demon King’s aura, smashed my golem to dirt with a single punch.

“Now then, little brat, it’s time for round three!”
(Vol 17 chapter 4)

-
While Yunyun's intermediate magic is stated to be way above what an intermediate magic user should be able to do (because of being a Crimson Demon and having huge mana), she killed a giant Earthworm when she used too much mana on it. It isn't really enough to be considered top tier, but it's above most mid tier. Like, the high part of mid tier?

"The carnivorous earthworm had a body about five meters in length and one meter in diameter.

[...]

The power of the magic used by Crimson Demons with large amounts of mana was different from those used by ordinary mages.

Following a loud explosion, Yunyun’s fireball blew up the upper body of the earthworm.

“O-One hit!? The Crimson Demons are so powerful…!”

“She destroyed the giant earthworm known for its high endurance so easily…!”

There were sounds of surprise everywhere. Yunyun was probably afraid of the disgusting earthworm, so she must have imbued too much mana into her staff."
(Explosion 2 chapter 5)

There's also others instances like monsters being able to easily do holes into wood (like One Hit Rabbits) or fireball being said to do a small explosion without much precisions, but I feel like it is consistant enough not to put every scenes with a 9-B feat here (also because god this revision is already so long).

As such, mid tiers should be 9-B, which is pretty consistent with what low tiers get as a tier

Top Tier​

People qualifying for this tier are: Advanced Magic users (mainly Crimson demons) and above, Darkness, Demon King Generals, full powered Demon King, high-ranked devils, Aqua (with buffs), Kazuma's dynamite, Kowloon Hydra

Now we're in top tier, where 9-B is the norm and anything below just doesn't exist.

First feat is Kazuma's dynamite, which can crack a boulder, although it's still weaker than Detonation magic

"An idea struck me and I reached my hand out toward the boulder and shouted:

“Explosion!”

“Huh?”

Megumin yelped.

With a boom that covered her shout, the makeshift dynamite exploded, and a crack appeared on the boulder.

The power still couldn’t match those used for demolition, huh?" (Vol 9 chapter 2)

-
Note that this same dynamite harmed Wolbach, which considered it as a huge threat; and while she tanked it, she sure wasn't well.

"If the explosion could be heard from all the way over here, that means the dynamite was not a dud.

However, even though I didn’t know how much force it had, I don’t think it’d be enough to defeat a Demon King’s general.

[...]

Wolbach – whose body was dripping in blood – was walking towards the fortress.

“That Wolbach of all people is injured to this extent…!”

[...]

“You, so you really are the hero’s descendant aren’t you? You even used such a fearsome thing…”

Wolbach said. Her voice was filled with irony, and her cloak was in tatters.

“That was merely a product of civilization. However, I didn’t think that it would have such a strong effect on a Demon King’s general. Now that I’ve seen its effects, I should consider mass producing this…”
(Vol 9 chapter 5)

That said, I'm not sure if Wolbach should physically be top tier or mid tier to begin with, and there are others feats leading to higher results such as:

-Hans' natural size, which is stated by Kazuma to be the size of his mansion

"I heard cracking sound coming from Hans–the sound of something breaking.

“Kazuma, Ka, Kazuma…!”

Megumin made a frightened sound as she looked over there.

Hans–no, the shapeshifting slime that was Hans–

“This…! What a cute slime! Such a pity! If it wasn’t poisonous, I would bring it home as a pet!”

Darkness, whose brain probably melted, said some nonsense.

That slime expanded to the size of our mansion.

“That’s too big–!”
(Vol 4 chapter 5)

-
The Kowloon Hydra has a similar statement, except that it is bigger than their mansion (Note that it may be a bad translation; which I highly think it is, since Yen-Press version says that the lie was about it being the size of a "commoner's home")

"Aqua woke after hearing my cries and deftly paddled the water even though she just got up. She stretched and looked around her.

She probably realized the situation and swam our way in a panic.

“Hey, this is larger than what I was told! It was supposed to be the size of a large mansion, but this is much bigger than our home!”
(Vol 7 chapter 1)

-
The difference between top and mid tier being quite massive, with even the Demon King being able to easily crush an Ogre's skull (which would be a mid tier monster)

“So the Demon King is getting up in years, huh? But, still, if he’s still the Demon King, that must mean he is still the strongest being in the entire Demon King’s army, right? … Or he is going senile to the point where even I can deal with him somehow?”

“No, he’s not necessarily the strongest. His daughter has probably exceeded him in strength by this point. As for whether you can deal with him, Moi cannot say, but even as old as he is, the Demon King is still strong enough to crush an ogre’s skull with a single hand.”
(Vol 16 chapter 2)

There's also others huge monster like Manticore or Hell Neroid which are in the same vein as Hans statement, which I don't really feel like putting, since the point is clear enough here.

-To support such sizes with feats we have Darkness lifting the Kowloon Hydra

"Darkness, who was in front of the Hydra, grabbed onto me as I was thrown off the back of the Hydra and pinned me under her.

Despite the situation, my face was beet red because of how close I was to Darkness’s face.

The Hydra’s colossal body rolled on top of us and Darkness protected me from being crushed by propping herself up with her arms.

“As expected of Lady Dustiness, your arm power and endurance are marvelous.”

“Is this the time to say that? Ugh, I can’t, hold on…!”

If we get crushed like this, leaving Darkness aside, I’d suffer a horrible fate.

While I was pinned under Darkness, who was pushing up against the ground with a flushed face, I reached out for the Hydra that was right on top of us."
(Vol 7 chapter 2)

-
Or Advanced Magic having a pretty high area of effect, such as Inferno

"His eyes glowing crimson, Bukkoroli began aggressively casting his spell and releasing a vast amount of mana.

Thereafter, the One Strike Bears noticed the presence of new enemies, and started taking action.

At this moment, he unleashed his magic.

“Hell fire, burn everything to ashes! Inferno!”

The highest level fire magic was unleashed at full power—!

…even engulfing Soketto in its area of effect.

“S-S-Soketto-san!”

“What are you doing, you NEET?! Quickly rescue her…!?”

Forget the One Strike Bears, even the surrounding trees were engulfed in flames. And Soketto, with her entire body wrapped in a thin layer of water, slowly walked towards us out of the fire."
(Explosion 1 chapter 3)

As such, their tier should be between 9-B (for being above mid tiers) and something like 9-A/8-C for the others evidences. Note that Archmages obviously don't scale physically, although they can protect themselves from these attacks, as seen with Soketto just above.

God Tier​

Characters qualifying for this tier are: Vanir (and any duke-of-hell class dudes), Goddesses, Spirits (such as Winter Shogun) And now we have the god tier. Tbh these ones are summed up by 2 or 3 feats at best, which makes things really easy.

Vanir, a duke of Hell (which is the title for Archdevils who fought gods and the strongest devils type), said that Wiz needed Explosion magic to kill him at least one time. While it is played as a joke, it should be noted that she was unable to kill him even with all of her advanced magic arsenal, boosted by various scrolls, manatite, etc... "Wiz bit her lip in frustration, but as a result of depleting her magic power, she could only sit idly on the ground. She looked up towards Moi.

“Why are you such an unfair devil…? I used that many manatite and scrolls, and went so far as to use a forbidden item… Is there even a way to defeat you?”

“If thy want to at least deplete one of Moi lives, I suppose thy shall need to learn Explosion Magic.”

Towards Moi joke, Wiz began to laugh."
(

"Wiz bit her lip in frustration, but as a result of depleting her magic power, she could only sit idly on the ground. She looked up towards Moi.

“If thy want to at least deplete one of Moi lives, I suppose thy shall need to learn Explosion Magic.” (Masked spin-off, chapter 5)

-
It is also supportd by how the power of gods (Archdevils ennemies) is above pretty much everything but Explosion to begin with; with Megumin shivering from the sheer amount, despite constantly witnessing Advanced Magic and knowing how strong others magics are.

"I felt a flow of mana that caused me, who could use Explosion Magic, to shiver.

My overwhelming mana could be used to reshape the terrain, but even I couldn’t help but stop my incantation to look in that direction.

I wasn’t the only one who sensed this mana.

Yunyun was trembling and staring in the same direction.

And also—

“…!? Wh-What is this mana…! No, divine aura…!?”

-Now we have a god who's sheer size should improve the god tier scaling; being the Treasure Island, a genbu (mythological turtle) and a divine beast.

“The Treasure Island is a very docile creature. As long as no one does anything too crazy, it won’t attack people. And there’s no need to worry about all the treasure being gone. Soon, you’ll see why people call it a Treasure Island… Anyway, what is the weird devil doing here? Genbu are divine beasts. Divine beasts are the enemies of devils, you know?”

-Said turtle is then stated to be the size of the Tokyo Dome by Kazuma, with a pseudo-confirmation of it being divine in the "is a god" sense.

"… Am I dreaming?”

There’s a large hill in front of me.

No, this can be said to be a mountain.

Just outside the gates laid a gigantic creature that could very easily be mistaken for a small mountain.

Its size was comparable to the Tokyo Dome that I saw as a kid.

Lying next to the yawning chasm that the creature probably crawled out of, the beast known as a Treasure Island let out a yawn with its fissure-like mouth as it leisurely laid in the sun.

Yeah, this definitely is worthy of being called a divine beast.

Unlike a certain self-proclaimed divine being that only eats and sleeps all day, this one is far more deserving of the faith of the people."
(Vol 13 chapter 1)

As such, god tiers should at very least be above the top tier and scaling to them, with the most logical tier being to scale to the Treasure Island and whatever level the Tokyo Dome would be (saw it was 5 ha on internet, but I'm bad with distances).

Now that all of this is explained, I'll just make sure to answer some possible questions about how I ranked some characters or about others special cases I didn't mention.

Precisions​

What about Explosion, Sacred Create Water and Sacred Explode​

We have 4 users of Explosion in the verse: Megumin, Wolbach, Wiz, and Kazuma.

Since Megumin's Explosion is the one with the related rating, it's pretty easy to scale others to it.

Wiz's one should at least scale above Megumin's first key, because of being directly shown to be stronger in Vol 2 (her explosion reduced Destroyer's legs to dust, while Megumin just fragmented them).

Wolbach being specialized in Explosion, she should scale above the second key (the feat for AP is in vol 6, and she already scales above it anyway).

For Kazuma, he just can't scale even to Megumin's weakest Explosion for a couple of factors. He lacks a staff, which lower the spell by half its power, and he has very poor mana, meaning it can't even be scaled to Megumin's barehanded Explosion from her spin-off. The best would likely to put him at "possibly [mid or top tier] with Explosion, because of how it is still above the magic used by him and the DK in their fight.

Now I mentionned Sacred Create Water (Aqua's strongest spell) and Sacred Explode (Iris' strongest spell) because of the first having this statement:

"This is the same feeling I got when Megumin started chanting her Explosion.

This meant that the spell she was about to cast had the same level of danger…!"
(Vol 1 chapter 4)

And the other being called a "rip-off of Explosion by Megumin", being amazingly strong and all (although Iris said it's unrelated).

Obviously the two don't truly scale to Explosion (vol 9 imply it a little but it's not clear enough); but they are still secret spells above most.

My opinion would be to put Sacred Create Water as possibly [God Tier level], because it's related to Aqua's divine power and all, and can be considered a "miracle level magic"; while Iris Sacred Explosion can at least be put above advanced magic (we don't have a profile for her anyway).

Why is Aqua only mid tier?​

Given how the current justifications are worded, people may not know that Aqua is actually considered mid tier even in the previous threads which gave the current tier to the verse.

While she has maxed stats, it doesn't mean she has the highest stats in the verse. It's just a stats cap, meaning you can't evolve more than this.

Aqua's mid tier because of still having exceptionnal stats, making her someone very strong; however her AP-based attacks (besides the one mentionned above) aren't on the level of Darkness, a DK or any top tier; with Purification being hax-based.

However she do reach top tier with buffs, since they can even make Kazuma comparable to Darkness and her goddess form obviously should scale to others God Tiers.

How is the Demon King Generals scaling?​

The current DK Generals scaling is kinda a mess, with some justifications being "is a DK so they should be on the level of others", so I'll make this a bit clearer here. Nobody scales to Vanir. This guy is above every others general, above the Demon King and the god tier of the verse. Even Wiz countless fight against him were Vanir fooling around most of the time; with the time when he was serious being Vanir on the defensive and a heavily boosted Wiz with countless scrolls and objects (also he one-shot her on a daily basis). Hans, Sylvia, Duke and Beldia scales below Wiz, she casually defeated the first two, overpowered the third when serious, and stomped the last one. However, while Beldia and Duke are below, they still scale on some level; one having fought Wiz and her party in the past (although it was offscreen and they had the premonition of death) and the other having fought Wiz when she was not in berserk. How Wolbach scales to them is unknown and while I can agree that Beldia-Sylvia-Hans can be guessed to be comparable to each others; Wolbach status as a depowered goddess and how she constantly use Explosion make me unsure about her just being comparable. Besides Vanir, everyone is top tier and just scales below Wiz anyway, so it doesn't matter much as long as they have more justifications than their title.

What about stone wall like Darkness and Sylvia?​

Since Glass cannon was explained first, let's end this with stone walls.

First is Darkness, which surpringly can be resumed by: She's not really a stone wall. Sure her durability is very high, but so is her AP. The only reason she acts as a stone wall for Kazuma's party is only because she's clumsy af, otherwise she's constantly depicted as someone with very high attack stats.

Now I included Sylvia because she's boasted as a general with great defenses; with few actual APs feats. Her durability should be top tier for being able to somehow tank Crimson Demons to some extent, but her AP is a lil' harder:

I think she should still scale to the top tier in her base form; albeit lower than others DK generals; instead scaling to regular chimeras who are high tier monsters able to fought with Griffons.

With Mage Killer, I remember that she did quite a lot of damage to the Crimson Village and should just scale above herself.

Conclusion​

Now that all is explained here's how it would work (I'll only mention the characters who have a profile on the wiki):

Kazuma, Lolisa (Loli Succubus), Seresdina, Megumin's physical stats and Yunyun's physical stats should be between 10-C and 9-B, with my personnal preference being "9-C, possibly 9-B".

Aqua (non-buffed) and physically enhanced Crimson Demons (Yunyun only, since Megumin doesn't know how to do this) should just be 9-B.

Yunyun's magic, Hoost, Darkness, DK Generals (minus Vanir), Aqua (with buffs) and Kazuma's dynamite + Explosion should be between 9-B and 8-C

Vanir and Aqua's goddess form should both be above everyone previously mentionned, with their tier being whatever the Tokyo Dome would be. Sacred Create Water being put as "possibly" their tier because of how it is the strongest spell of adventurer Aqua and all.

At last, Megumin's; Wiz and Wolbach Explosions are in their own tier: Megumin keeps hers, Wiz scales to the first key and Wolbach to the second.

I already worked on the justifications, but this post is already waaaaaaaaaaaay too long, so let's first discuss all of this.

(Btw, I'll have a harder time to post things for a few days, but I still wanted to make this post to at least debate about the proposals.)

Just realized that some parts lost the italic or the separation between paragraph, can't fix it for now so sorry for this (btw I meant 10-A in the conclusion, not 10-C).

Low-Tiers should be 10-A at best. The thing about Kazuma not losing to a normal human doesn't say much. Kazuma has a variety of powers and abilities that'd allow him to win outside of just brute force. And both of the feats below that aren't that exceptional at all. Breaking glass with a tackle? Anyone could do that. He didn't tank the metal hits at all, he states within that scan that he had broken bones. The bull thing isn't a feat because he clearly used a weapon to kill it (Weapons are 9-C). And the others don't say much either.

Though, 10-A seems good since, like a lot of Isekai protagonist, he's quite fit and active.

Other than that I agree for now.

Finished reading the last translated spin off I missed, and it seems to support everything I proposed (with another top tier fighting a mansion sized monster and all).

After rechecking a little for low tier feats, 10-A seems fine. (Seresdina tanking a boosted Kazuma would be an outlier for her).

Now there's Axel's battle which is getting translated today, so I guessit'll mean more support feats (at least I hope so).

buffed kazuma should at least underscale from the demon king as he did 1v1 him. He should be that way with dynmite and that rock which name i forgot (the one that fills you with magic) as kazuma exchanged magic spell attacks with the demon king using that and his explosion should also scale.

Also we need to upgrade nearly everyone to MHS+ cause of the lightning dodging feats.

I forgot that Kazuma received buffs against the DK; although I'm not sure if it should be included (unlike everything else, it is outside help).

I already put manatite enhanced spells, dynamite and Explosion in the OP for Kazuma and explained where each should be imo.

Speed revision is the 4th one I planned, and yup there's a lot of lightning dodge feats (mainly best boi Dust).

Also if anyone know what tier the mansion-sized and Tokyo Dome-sized feats are, I would be very thankful if they could say how high each is.

If Hans is the size of a mansion for his true form, he should and those whose powerscaled to him should be at 9-A, tome; depending on how large the mansion is I can the rating being 8-C being possible for those characters also.

Inferno could easily be 9-A, from what I know; if the Bear was to turn to ashes then I can see a higher-end 9-A vaporization feat scaling from 9-A vaporization feat; it probably should get a calculation because I could see the possibility of the feat being 8-C or higher also.

10-A seems most likely fine for Low-tiers, from the evidences and from Phoenks's points.

Being the size of the Tokyo Dome should probably give an 8-A tier, from research; it is more than a hundred meters in height and lengths.

I am fine with the other tiers in the OP.

Last edited:
Advanced spells scales to high bounty monsters which have the same size feat as Hans (also it scales to Hans himself both his normal and "Chappie" self as seen with Wiz and Yunyun). If they're of the same tier without scaling it becomes a better proof than what I expected.

The mansion is Kazuma's in every comparison, so I'll try to see if there's any precision about it (although 9-A is what I was thinking of).

Thanks for the Tokyo Dome precision.

What Elizhaa has accepted can probably be applied.

Thank you for helping out.

I'll start changing them today actually, Muchacho_mrm also told me he agree with the revision.

Can I remove Aqua's vol 9 key? It's 100% useless since she never undergoes even one change between vol 1 and 17 (except being a goddess again, which is another key).

Edit: Same for Darkness and anyone whose name isn't Megumin.

Last edited:
That is probably fine.

Sorry about not replying earlier. I did not notice any notification.

Finished everything. I also added Loli Succubus to the verse page, since she was not in it for some unknown reasons.

Okay. Thanks.

Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back