• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

2-A Precog and Fate hax revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I have 2-A AP, I can't have less range because this will goes against any logics in fiction, but if I have 2-A range, nothing here implies I need to effect it, it'd called range, not AP.

Please stop derailing

Provide valid arguments, it is like saying we should give planetary range cause someone can affect a city on a planet.
No, because you did not presents a single valid argument in your whole OP, let alone not presenting a single fictional instance.

Prince, I see you ain't updating ur vote tally

so I guess you did not read the OP, no one said you have to affect the structure, please read my points carefully
Hopefully, this will be simple,
1. we have quite a number of character who have 4D fate or precognition based on the fact that they can see infinite futures.
The problem here is that, to qualify for 2-A you need to affect infinite universe/space-time continuums, while seeing all possible or infinite futures is vague and we do not know if the different futures they see, they see it till the end of infinite time for each one, or rather we know they do not see it till the end of infinite time hence this is not 2-A, since they are seeing a short period of a timeline branched out infinitely and just few moments of the branches are seen and not the entire timeline that branches out so this would not qualify for 2-A fate/precognition range. 2-A range should be treated as 2-A AP, able to cover infinite space-time continuums.
Destruction of moments, even infinite moments of a universe is High 3-A, so seeing infinite moments certainly is not 2-A by the same standards.
You here equated range and AP to give argument.

Again, it's not my burden to prove if your logic is valid, it's yours to prove if it works on any fictional works.

No, because you did not presents a single valid argument in your whole OP, let alone not presenting a single fictional instance.
it is fine the people that need to approve of the thread will understand, I do not need you to.
Prince, I see you ain't updating ur vote tally
Thread is one hour old, at this moment
I did, but she's conflating "affecting" as in to alter and my usage of "affecting" which is more interaction.
Then she did not read the OP carefully
You here equated range and AP to give argument.
No it is you reading it wrong.
the qualification for 2-A precog should be seeing a baseline 2-A structure in its entirety, it is simple as that
Again, it's not my burden to prove if your logic is valid, it's yours to prove if it works on any fictional works.
prove what exactly? it is simple logic. All what I need is in the OP
if this revision passes, 3-A. but Strange has other feats for 2-A, that are valid

it is fine the people that need to approve of the thread will understand, I do not need you to.
Alright no evidence of your whole OP
Thread is one hour old, at this moment
I don't see how is this an excuse
Then she did not read the OP carefully
I did and I am disagreeing that both needs to be treated the same.
No it is you reading it wrong.
the qualification for 2-A precog should be seeing a baseline 2-A structure in its entirety, it is simple as that
And this is range not AP
prove what exactly? it is simple logic. All what I need is in the OP
Nothing proven, give instances, give evidences. Simply saying its logic is easy to throw, not to convince.
if this revision passes, High 3-A. but Strange has other feats for 2-A, that are valid
???????? IT LITERALLY SAID ALTERNATE TIMELINES??

More reasons to disagree.

???????? IT LITERALLY SAID ALTERNATE TIMELINES??
Because he's not watching the entire timeline from origin to finish, he's looking specifically for the battle with Thanos and details pertaining to that. It's specific.

That's why Pain says Strange indeed has other instances of 2-A range. But that specific one is not it.

IT LITERALLY SAID ALTERNATE TIMELINES??
it said 14 million alternate futures and not timelines, there is a big difference.
Also he forwarded time and looked at what happens based on choices and decisions made, that was what he did. And not check other timelines

Please all posts are derailing at this point and staffs will not be able to evaluate this if it gets bulky, so please let the messages stop and so they can evaluate this

I will stop replying to vapid(ultima taught me the word) arguments from now on

Precog can never include entire Spacetime continuum as it doesn't involve past. Also I am not sure why a precog user should be seeing "end" of infinite, that's self contradictory unless timelines are bound to be destroyed at the end and aren't infinite in future to begin with.

I disagree, I don't see much sense in the change if it's just going to start from the point of standardization in analogy with the AP as presented by the author of the crt. (I'M NOT SAYING THAT SHE RELATED TO THE AP, JUST HE TAKEN AS AN EXAMPLE THE SAME)

Precog can never include entire Spacetime continuum as it doesn't involve past. Also I am not sure why a precog user should be seeing "end" of infinite, that's self contradictory unless timelines are bound to be destroyed at the end and aren't infinite in future to begin with.
Fiction be damned, huh

Even fiction, cannot have end of infinite. It's basically will be another lvl of infinite that is defined in maths w/o establishing a edge for previous infinite. Abilities like this just goes with what is given.
Now that's you applying standards that may or may not be supported on the fiction itself. Be careful with generalizations, there's always that specific case.

This doesn't make sense, precognition allows you to predict from the starting point. In that case this would only apply to characters who can see both the past and the future infinitely.

you do not have to destroy the past to qualify for tier 2, the present to all points in time in the future will get you tier 2 also.
Also infinite already has an end in tier 2 so that is not self contradictory in fiction, logically, if it does not have an end then you cannot destroy it.
So seeing the end of infinite here is just my term for being able to see the present till the entirety of the future which we consider infinite here. which is also the baseline for tier 2 and the range should also follow the same procedures.

Also infinite already has an end in tier 2 so that is not self contradictory in fiction, logically, if it does not have an end then you cannot destroy it.
I don't think we know the same standards and same Tiering system then 🦣

Also I don't get the other points at all, but regardless [[affecting entire past, present and future]] has been wrote in our page.

I don't think we know the same standards and same Tiering system then 🦣
You said how can you see the end of infinite, and I am also asking you the same question how can an attack encompass infinite?
Since you do not seem to understand that it is a one size fit all.

You said how can you see the end of infinite, and I am also asking you the same question how can an attack encompass infinite?
Since you do not seem to understand that it is a one size fit all.
Infinite attack speed exist pain. You can warp, destroy all of structure at once but basically "watching the end" is self contradictory.

Infinite attack speed exist pain. You can warp, destroy all of structure at once but basically "watching the end" is self contradictory.
it is not though, which is the point, in fiction if someone can travel an infinite space in an instant, then it is also possible to see the end of it.
I really do not even get your argument, cause it sounds to be that you are saying able to travel infinite space and destroy uncountable infinite space is possible but it is not possible to see the end of an infinite space

it is not though, which is the point, in fiction if someone can travel an infinite space in an instant, then it is also possible to see the end of it.
I really do not even get your argument, cause it sounds to be that you are saying able to travel infinite space and destroy uncountable infinite space is possible but it is not possible to see the end of an infinite space
Because there is no end, you gotta destroy infinite with infinite speed, you're travelling equal distance, when it comes to real numbers, there is no small or big real number, all are same. To see the end, means it's not infinite.

Seeing the "end" of an infinite space/time is just silliness incarnate. It's not comparable to crossing or covering infinite distance with attacks since that can just happen with no end necessarily involved.
Seeing the end of infinite is just the term used to shorten the timeline.
And low 2-C involves the destruction of a timeline, which can mean from the past till the end of time or present till the end of time in the future of that timeline, point is the attack has to travel to every point in that timeline and destroy it to be low 2-C.
So someone with such range for precog too should be able to see every point in the timeline, from the present till the end of the said timeline or at least infinite time
Because there is no end, you gotta destroy infinite with infinite speed, you're travelling equal distance, when it comes to real numbers, there is no small or big real number, all are same. To see the end, means it's not infinite.
Except technically, destruction of a timeline is done by someone based on our standards higher than infinite speed to begin with. and it can also mean someone with low 2-C precog has infinite speed since they need to go through infinite information
And also if someone can destroy infinite universes or infinite universe, it means they need to be able to encompass the entire structure to begin with. so what do you mean there is no end? it is just nonsense, in higher dimensions the infinite lower D is no longer infinite and our standards are based on that.

I can understand that seeing the end of something that's supposedly infinity just doesn't make sense though I feel like that discussion in itself was just a case of bad phrasing.

There are sensory powers that can see the be entirety of infinite structure though they aren't treated or described on this site as seeing the end of the supposed infinite structure just that they can see the whole thing at once so maybe rephrasing the requirement of seeing "the end" of a supposedly infinite timeline to the entirety of it at once would be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back