• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zenless Zone Zero Discussion Thread

When a video shows off both a badass new character and an obligatory shower scene at the end in one vid owo

The Regular Gacha is so mean that I had to do another 10 roll just to reach the 300 rolls mark to get a free S-rank.

Out of all the S ranks you can get out of the regular, I managed to get all but Koleda and Lycaon either from the rate up banners randomly or regular.

Since I don't have any other Ice unit besides Soukaku and I have enough fire units to work with, I decided to get Sir Lycaon lol.

Drip market for 1.3 it seems.

This on the other chick of Sec 6 we didn't meet in beta before, Yanagi Tsukishiro.

I'm probably more excited for Lighter than I am for Yanagi (sorry, milf **** lol).

Tbh, I was expecting Lighter to be a Fire Attacker and a lot of people were. Him being a stunner means he pretty could replace Koleda (who I didn't know was s runner herself lol)

images

Think it's about time to review the new stuff that happened since.

So 1.2 gives us the Sons of Caldyon and we're told of them being skilled motorists (and truckie for Piper's case) that venture into the Hollow and deliver goods through there and I believe even transporting them to the city.

As it is with the other known Factions, I really liked the depiction of the SoC. You'd expect them to be some badass biker gang and they are, but they're as wacky as everyone else is lol. Although the way the story is with TV Mode not being present, I've seen people complain about the lack of it which I understand because a few moments did feel like we should have had TV Mode for the SoC Chapter.

That said, the story of the SoC was alright. It wasn't too complicated or over the top, but it was okay. Although the ending to the story is interesting in getting what we finally got to learn about the Phaethon siblings past and why they became Proxies despite the sort of nature they are as characters.

As for feats, it feels like the Victoria Housekeep Story where the members didn't really get any particularly powerful or speedy feats. Sure we get stuff like Lighter OHKO that one Hollow that was attacking Billy and the Proxy MC and later on that one Corrupted boss fight towards the end, but I can't really get anything else concrete for them other than Caesar saying she's stronger than Lighter and Lighter implying Billy is strong himself to the point he wanted to fight Billy to a duel (this being Billy was also even Caesar's/SoC's Champion before he left).

As it is, SoC and VH are probably about the same as everyone that isn't particularly OP like Miyabi or whoever close to her.

Wondering when we'll get profiles
Hopefully soon enough lol.

IDK when exactly is it a good time to do it.

1.3? 1.4? Maybe have to get feats calc'd or something? Probably have the characters abilities, if they have any, better defined?

It's really hard to say.

One thing is figuring out where exactly everyone is really at beyond just being vaguely superhuman of some degree and at best bullet timers. Speed for that, you clearly got that for S11 being able to react and parry bullets. Anby, given her mysterious past and also having once taught S11 lessons in combat, surely has to scale. And then you have Miyabi whose a Void Hunter and also a very dedicated combatant that should no doubt scale to bullet-timers like them and then some.

Again, it's hard to say when we should start doing it. At least IMO.

As for feats, it feels like the Victoria Housekeep Story where the members didn't really get any particularly powerful or speedy feats. Sure we get stuff like Lighter OHKO that one Hollow that was attacking Billy and the Proxy MC and later on that one Corrupted boss fight towards the end, but I can't really get anything else concrete for them other than Caesar saying she's stronger than Lighter and Lighter implying Billy is strong himself to the point he wanted to fight Billy to a duel (this being Billy was also even Caesar's/SoC's Champion before he left).
So basically: Anby >/= Caesar > Billy = lighter > the rest (?). Gonna need to download it again to see (still hasn't pass chapter 2 lol).

So basically: Anby >/= Caesar > Billy = lighter > the rest (?). Gonna need to download it again to see (still hasn't pass chapter 2 lol).
Not too sure if we can fully say Anby is superior to the Billy comparable to Lighter as IIRC Lighter believes Billy is probably hiding his “edge” in the Cunning Hares, maybe to distance himself from who he was in the past and enjoy his new life? He did threaten to kill a bandit if he revealed his past identity to Wise/Belle IIRC.

Not saying I’d doubt Anby being a superior fighter to Billy, just that I believe we only know she’s superior to Billy with how he currently behaves which could be him holding back from showing his true skills.

Last edited:
Yeah pretty much. Though even if Anby was superior to Billy (however strong he my truly be), it probably isn't that much to the point of being the CH's absolute powerhouse. That and she, Billy, and Nicole DID have to fight that one big Ethereal back in Chapter 1, and I think that Ethereal had feats like punching through a subway car or be able to lift and throw a tanker? Really forgot how that one went.

In any case, I would like to wait until 1.3 to start considering making profiles.

The other thing is what abilities these guys will have cuz it's going to be so barebones on that front xD

Yeah pretty much. Though even if Anby was superior to Billy (however strong he my truly be), it probably isn't that much to the point of being the CH's absolute powerhouse. That and she, Billy, and Nicole DID have to fight that one big Ethereal back in Chapter 1, and I think that Ethereal had feats like punching through a subway car or be able to lift and throw a tanker? Really forgot how that one went.

In any case, I would like to wait until 1.3 to start considering making profiles.

The other thing is what abilities these guys will have cuz it's going to be so barebones on that front xD
Yeah it wouldn’t be a huge difference in strength as they’re still a team that cover and support each other.

The first form Dead End Butcher easily seemingly destroyed two walls to reach the Cunning Hares, implied to have threw a train car (I believe when MC and Nekomata met Corrin) and in its second form, after being noticeably weakened from its fight with the Cunning Hares, endured being hit by a train and lifted a tanker while in the process of recovering.
Plus given its status as a notoriously powerful Ethereal, it’s probably a step above strong normal enemies such as Guardians, big mechs.

Currently listing their abilities in a sandbox and yeah, it’s probably gonna be a lot of Damage Boost from their abilities and signature W-Engines and resistance to Corruption for a majority of the characters.

Yeah it wouldn’t be a huge difference in strength as they’re still a team that cover and support each other.

The first form Dead End Butcher easily seemingly destroyed two walls to reach the Cunning Hares, implied to have threw a train car (I believe when MC and Nekomata met Corrin) and in its second form, after being noticeably weakened from its fight with the Cunning Hares, endured being hit by a train and lifted a tanker while in the process of recovering.
Plus given its status as a notoriously powerful Ethereal, it’s probably a step above strong normal enemies such as Guardians, big mechs.

Currently listing their abilities in a sandbox and yeah, it’s probably gonna be a lot of Damage Boost from their abilities and signature W-Engines and resistance to Corruption for a majority of the characters.
Yeah. Plus it's still way too early to say about the Agents strength since we just learned Billy's hiding his "actual character" behind a wacky mask.

But as noted, even then, they still had to be a team to hold off the Dead End Butcher just like how the Belobog Construction Gang were fighting off the Sacrifice fused machinery long enough for Koleda to take it down with their own machine.

Definitely.

To be honest, I'm kinda a bit on the fence when classifying abilities based somewhat on game mechanics...then again, I did check other game profiles like Genshin and HSR and they have some that's exactly just that...sorta. And several other game characters too, which I guess is fine since again there's not a lot.

W-Engines, right. Forgot that's a thing tbh lol.

The fact that the Butcher managed to survive a train is pretty darn crazy already, so the Cunning Hares are strong. Plus Anby's teased ties to Obol Squad means that she'd be in the league of S11 (or I guess S11 would be in her league if she and Billy really are exceptional people)

Yeah. Plus it's still way too early to say about the Agents strength since we just learned Billy's hiding his "actual character" behind a wacky mask.

But as noted, even then, they still had to be a team to hold off the Dead End Butcher just like how the Belobog Construction Gang were fighting off the Sacrifice fused machinery long enough for Koleda to take it down with their own machine.

Definitely.

To be honest, I'm kinda a bit on the fence when classifying abilities based somewhat on game mechanics...then again, I did check other game profiles like Genshin and HSR and they have some that's exactly just that...sorta. And several other game characters too, which I guess is fine since again there's not a lot.

W-Engines, right. Forgot that's a thing tbh lol.
Just wait for serious Billy to somehow one shot Nineveh class enemy.

The Cunning Hares did better than I would’ve thought against the DEB, visually getting it on its knees and struggling to get up while they seemed relatively fine. I’m guessing they needed to finish it with a huge explosion as they didn’t know if they could finish it themselves before it recovered and continued fighting.

Aside from Section 6 given they face Nineveh, I’d say Belobog gang are probably currently the playable team with the most impressive feat for holding their own in fight against the fused Sacrifice, being the fusion of high Ether level being and three high power machinery.

Totally understand ya on being iffy on abilities but as ya said, I think it’s fine given I’ve seen other game characters do it and these characters ain’t got much else nor do I think we have anything against not having them.

Ya I’m taking W-Engine into account, I think their fine as long as it’s the characters signature W-Engine such as the Starlight Engine Replica for Billy.

The fact that the Butcher managed to survive a train is pretty darn crazy already, so the Cunning Hares are strong. Plus Anby's teased ties to Obol Squad means that she'd be in the league of S11 (or I guess S11 would be in her league if she and Billy really are exceptional people)
Ye.

From this, we could also get some potential scaling to the other Agents/Factions too like Lycaon seemingly about to have post Chp 1 CH (as in with Nekomata in their gang) to get out or explain though that seemed also like he may have had the other Agents of VH helping along since Ellen did throw her scissor blade at them.

Just wait for serious Billy to somehow one shot Nineveh class enemy.

The Cunning Hares did better than I would’ve thought against the DEB, visually getting it on its knees and struggling to get up while they seemed relatively fine. I’m guessing they needed to finish it with a huge explosion as they didn’t know if they could finish it themselves before it recovered and continued fighting.

Aside from Section 6 given they face Nineveh, I’d say Belobog gang are probably currently the playable team with the most impressive feat for holding their own in fight against the fused Sacrifice, being the fusion of high Ether level being and three high power machinery.

Totally understand ya on being iffy on abilities but as ya said, I think it’s fine given I’ve seen other game characters do it and these characters ain’t got much else nor do I think we have anything against not having them.

Ya I’m taking W-Engine into account, I think their fine as long as it’s the characters signature W-Engine such as the Starlight Engine Replica for Billy.
Would be even funnier if he does that but ends up going into mock shock at what he did.

That sounds about right. Section 6 is unknown cuz it's Miyabi that encountered Nineveh but the rest shouldn't be slouches themselves, it's just their Squad leader is on another level for being a named Voidhunter lol.

Other than them, that's about right so far. CN fighting a much stronger than standard Ethereal, and Belobog Industries fighting against the fused Sacrifice. This one's even more impressive cuz we have the likes of Anton who held back a rampaging Belobog machine and Ben Bigger OHKO that same machine at the start of Chp 2 with the Belobog gang's intro.

That sounds about right. Section 6 is unknown cuz it's Miyabi that encountered Nineveh but the rest shouldn't be slouches themselves, it's just their Squad leader is on another level for being a named Voidhunter lol.
I think Harumasa and Yanagi actually fight Nineveh in Operation Reaper, keeping her in the Garden while fighting to weaken her for the operation.

Obviously they were leading units of soldiers to provide support them but aside from that, I think they were the only confirmed strong fighters in the battle.

I think Harumasa and Yanagi actually fight Nineveh in Operation Reaper, keeping her in the Garden while fighting to weaken her for the operation.

Obviously they were leading units of soldiers to provide support them but aside from that, I think they were the only confirmed strong fighters in the battle.
That makes sense. They're also who we actually met alongside Soukaku and fought alongside with, and being part of something like Section 6 that actively fights in one of the if not the most dangerous Hollow and still keep on coming out of it alive and sound means they're also elite fighters.

With 1.2's story chap ending us with a tease of Miyabi appearing again and Yanagi's banner + appearance as well means we'll be grouping up with Section 6 again and get more feats/statements of their prowess.

Caesar might be really powerful. It's hard to tell.

We know that Caesar says she's stronger than Lighter.
Lucy states that her and lighter could spar for an entire day.
Lucy's profile states nobody has defeated her harder than Caesar has and Lighter's promotion implies that he's also beat her
Lucy, Piper and Lighter fight Mors 3 on 1. And while it shows that Mors loses that fight, he's able to easily escape them. Not long after. Caesar catches more and easily demolishes him and tosses his bike bare handed (All the others have their ether powered weaponry)

The fight with Overlord Pompey, there's dialogue from Lucy telling Caesar to not worry about the rest of the Sons and to face Pompey solo.
We also see Pompey repeatedly target Caesar specifically in the cutscenes. And at the end of the fighter, despite him tossing her bike at her and slamming her off the platform she manages to completely reverse it and toss him into cinderlake. Also his HIA report states he has a Supercritical Ethercore that produces infinite energy.

The fight with Overlord Pompey, there's dialogue from Lucy telling Caesar to not worry about the rest of the Sons and to face Pompey solo.
We also see Pompey repeatedly target Caesar specifically in the cutscenes. And at the end of the fighter, despite him tossing her bike at her and slamming her off the platform she manages to completely reverse it and toss him into cinderlake. Also his HIA report states he has a Supercritical Ethercore that produces infinite energy.
From what I see on the dialogue from Lucy, it’s looks like she’s just telling her that they’ll fine to keep fighting and for her to just focus on the fight. the end of the fight has them charging at him together without an indication they were down while Ceaser soloed him.
Even if one wants to go into the idea she briefly fought him solo while Lighter and Lucy recovered, it’d be after Wise/Belle stated that Pompey had become exhausted from fighting her, Lucy and Lighter in his first phase.

Without any support and/or elaboration, the infinite power statement from that HIA report on its own can’t be used for anything.
Not even sure we can use it for stamina given he can become exhausted, unless we wanna say he can be worn down from injuries or his energy reserve is separate from his physical stamina.

Well at least we got some stamina related feats for Lighter and Lucy. So does Burnice, even. One part of the story had Lighter stated he needed to spar with Burnice all day long for her to be tired out. Caesar having fought Lucy before who can also go around a whole day sparring should make very comparable.

I'm guessing we could also have some scaling for the SoC depending on how powerful Corrupted Pompey is. It surely has to be above standard Ethreals, but idk about it being as strong as DEB like the one the CH's fought.

I'm guessing we could also have some scaling for the SoC depending on how powerful Corrupted Pompey is. It surely has to be above standard Ethreals, but idk about it being as strong as DEB like the one the CH's fought.
We could probably scale Corrupted Pompey and Black & Gray Veil Marionettes to a comparable class as DEB based on the former facing three members of the SoC, two of whom are both superior fighters to silly Billy (Who fought alongside just two members of the Cunning Hares against the DEB and successfully weakened it) while Lucy shouldn’t be greatly inferior or anything, meanwhile the latter two fought and survived a battle with all of Victoria Housekeeping, the entire faction being confident in threatening three of the Cunning Hares even after I believe they’ve watched their combat abilities prior to confronting them.

If i dont get her im going crazey
I was getting close to there when I kept getting Piper and Anton lol.

I thought I was going to have to get a seizure in having a Zhu Yuan 2.0 moment lol.

Although getting both Piper and Anton to C4 isn't so bad but man would I crush my phone if I didn't at least get Physical Shield tomboy xD

I was getting close to there when I kept getting Piper and Anton lol.

I thought I was going to have to get a seizure in having a Zhu Yuan 2.0 moment lol.

Although getting both Piper and Anton to C4 isn't so bad but man would I crush my phone if I didn't at least get Physical Shield tomboy xD
Congrats on getting her.

I luckily managed to get her day 1 of the banner with all the polychromes I was initially saving up for the next time Ellen was available and currently using any polychromes I got to see if I can get as much of her MC unlocked as I can while she’s still available.

Gonna just be hoping Ellen’s return won’t be for awhile so I can have time to start saving up again.

Congrats on getting her.

I luckily managed to get her day 1 of the banner with all the polychromes I was initially saving up for the next time Ellen was available and currently using any polychromes I got to see if I can get as much of her MC unlocked as I can while she’s still available.

Gonna just be hoping Ellen’s return won’t be for awhile so I can have time to start saving up again.
Yeah~

And bruh, wtf lol.

Honestly, I wish I did get Ellen. I kinda don't get how she really plays but do like her gameplay still. Had I known she was as an ICE Attacker, I would have legit tried hard to get her back then lol. I srsly didn't know how much I needed to have attackers as much as I would with Anomaly or DEF chars xD

Probably not a particularly amazing feat. But what does the C4 explosion that Burnice gets hit with come out to?

I know pulchra used at least 4 barrels of oil to add to the explosion.

C4 doesn't really produce all that much compared to a barrel of oil. Assuming rapid ignition and release, that would be 24.4 gigajoules of energy or about 5.83 tons if taken point blank but I haven't played the mission yet

C4 doesn't really produce all that much compared to a barrel of oil. Assuming rapid ignition and release, that would be 24.4 gigajoules of energy or about 5.83 tons if taken point blank but I haven't played the mission yet

It was something like this.

I roughly estimated Burnice to be about a 1.89 something meters away from the explosion so it clocks to about 0.09~ tons of TNT or Small Building level

Back