• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yukari Yakumo Intangibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Yukari should have Intangibility listed in her profile as one of her abilities.

During the fight against her in PCB, she becomes clearly intangible for the entire duration of her Arcanum Bounded Field spellcard.

As you can see here , it's clear that she can keep attacking with her danmaku while being intangible. And to further prove that she may go intangible at will, note how her sprite becomes transparent and not only Reimu cannot hit her, making contact with her (sprite) also has no consequences at this point.

Furthermore, you can't do anything against her at this point aside from surviving until the timer for the spellcard ends and she will remain like that for the entirety of her attack.

Thoughts?

All I gotta say was that the art for her in that clip. Ugh... lol.

But anyway, onto serious business. Don't have many complaints except one. Any proof that she just wasn't out of reach similar to say, Magolor? Would explain how she can stand on top of said sprite without dispersion or anything.

Yukari would have enough ability for that, I agree. But without more proof, we can't really prove it without someone lashing back at it.

@Cal LOL, Cal.

Anyways, nah, Yukari wasn't out of reach. She does have a spellcard before this one where her artwork appears in the entire background while her sprite disappears entirely and you can't hit her in that one as well, also being transparent (You can see that around 10:45 in the same video that I linked).

But in the Arcanum it is similar to what happens in the last spellcard of the final boss in this same game - Yuyuko Saigyouji, who happens to be a ghost. At the very end it's just like her spirit without a physical form is the only thing left attacking you so she also goes intangible (Yukari here, however, showed herself able do that at will without being dead). The effect used in-game for Yuyuko is basically the same as this one.

I'm not entirely sure if I should argue for Invisibility as well based on this spellcard (because Yukari disappears from sight instantly, though eh, not sure about that when that huge image of her keeps showing up in the background. Granted, Yukari and the image were appearing at the same time before she went "Now you don't see", but I may be reading too much into it).

Oh, and since we're here, another power I confirmed but forgot to mention is Summoning. This one would be easier to confirm without even needing to look in the video because she already has it listed in her spellcards that she can summon her shikigamis, the likes of Ran Yakumo and Chen.

I'm a bit hesitant but considering her plethora of powers it makes sense.

Summoning wasn't included before? That surprises me. No complaints on that.

On the off chance of this, should we also add in the same for other characters? Trying to remember who else could be in this.

I know Remi and Flandre were immune to your bombs that were large AoE based attacks so I'm wondering about them.

@COB Summoning was only mentioned in one of her spellcards down there in her profile, but not listed in her powers and abilities.

As for other characters... It has been a lot of time since I dealt with any Touhou aside from PCB (it's the only one I still have in my PC) so I can't/won't make an argument for anyone aside from Yukari - since I'm usually more conservative regarding this stuff, too.

If you find out evidence, I think you could probably make a thread for those as well.

Isn't all Final and Extra boss work that way, and some doesn't even have intangibility?

Though you could just make a case that since most Youkai's body is spiritual, maybe Yukari could exploit that fact to death by manipulating her boundary of interaction?

If you do that, then some of them don't make much sense: Sukuna is just a Inchling, Mokou is overall a normal human that doesn't even need to have intangibility, Byakuren Hijiri is also the same too.

"It's magic" is gonna be the excuse for some. That said is it really for every Final Boss and Ex Boss? In that case maybe it should only be applicable to youkais.

That said did you know Mokou could teleport? Does so in one of her spells in IN.

I don't talk about that, I think... This still look like either she travel fast, she's using the method I said above, or have teleportation. Each have different problem I think.

Then I guess it's just moving really fast, like Aya do. She does perform that feat of speed in her exit scene on ULiL.

Ehhh? That's just silly. It should have a motion blur then. It's not really shocking if Mokou needs that power to keep up with Eternity manipulating Kaguya. And link me that?

I won't deny that it is pretty fast, but that's not what she did in my spellcard video I just showed. Zun could've made motion blur effects or did something along the lines of what Aya does but that's not the case here.

Once again I'm going with the argument that she developed it as a counter against Kaguya since there's no motion blurs whatsoever. Zun could've made it more distinct or notable if he did since Mokou is basically flaring so why isn't she just spreading it everywhere like in Illusionary Dominance. That's just stupid.

I watched it at x0.25 speed, the only flash you're seeing is the wings glowing.

ZUN does make a motion blur effect...Kind of, I think? There's a flash that's basically her image collapsing into a straight line before reappearing into another spot.

So, how much more input we'll need for the changes on Yukari to be accepted?

Like I said before, I'm kinda not going to take part in the discussion for the other characters in this thread.

(But just for the record, I don't have anything against the upgrades if they are proven, either.)

The intangibility is probably sufficiently accepted to apply.

Alright. That's all from me in this thread, so I believe it could be closed once it's added, leaving the other related topics being discussed here for another thread if people so desire.

I could add the Intangibility to her profile myself, but it's locked so I can't.

EIDT: Almost forgot, that Summoning I mentioned above should be listed in her powers as well. Her profile already lists it in one of her spellcards, but it's way down there. Nothing new, just to have it in her powers and abilities.

I can temporarily unlock it. Tell me here when you are done.

Sure thing. So I will add Intangibility and list the Summoning that is missing, is that alright?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back