• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Andykhang said:
^Don't know though, even if she's that angry, the fight is still in the range of Danmaku, which mean it's not serious in the first place. Beside, i doubt she's the type that would be that careless to annouce her true power to the entire gensokyo like that.
We know that you can kill with danmaku (for example Fujiwara no Mokou was killed at least once). Additionaly by the dialogue we can assume that Tenshi's actions could strip Yukari's authority over Gensoukyou via making the land part of Celestial ground.

^The law of Danmaku doesn't forbid killing, just lethal move. Mokou isn't going to die anyway, so that's a loophole. Beside, it's a bit unfair to compare the squishy body of a young human maiden to a earth-tough celestial maiden like Tenshi.

And Yukari doesn't said to kill, but to punish her and make her "leave the earth beautifully yet cruelly"? She know enough to not anger a clan in Heaven by killing their only daughter.

Edit: Okay, i reread the line and it's true that Yukari said to kill her. But you really need to judge the context, since Yukari is pretty much known to not just mean what she said.

Tenshi can revive. Probably. As long as Celestial does not killed by Shinigami their body can regenerate. As far as I remember...

And Yukari said it to Iku who asked her to punish Tenshi.

Edit: Okay, i reread the line and it's true that Yukari said to kill her. But you really need to judge the context, since Yukari is pretty much known to not just mean what she said.

Andykhang said:
She usualy is not that angry. Actualy I do not remember her to be angry at all aside this one incident.

And i'm not remember any plan of her finished without her getting something out of it. She's always achieve her main purpose with anything she plan for, so either Yukari does succesfully kill her and then Tenshi revive, or she never intended to kill her in the first place. Probably, she mean to "kill" her living space and standing in Gensokyo.

The third option is that Yukari overstimated herself or understimated Tenshi: both ways the Celestial managed to escape after some serious beating. Additionaly divine powers cancel or severely weaken youkai's abilities.

Doubt it, she's not that arrogant, even at a Youkai to not know her chance of victory.She's the one that's humble enough to know that you don't mess with the Lunar Capital, even though other don't.

And well, not like she's that mad anymore (or even is in the first place). Or she wouldn't let Tenshi to go into gensokyo now and then.

Andykhang said:
And well, not like she's that mad anymore (or even is in the first place). Or she wouldn't let Tenshi to go into gensokyo now and then.
Hm... Actualy Yukari beat Tenshi the last. And all others just climbed to Bhava Agra not the other way around. Except Yukari...

Yukari's story mode is the last in SWR. She got extremely mad with Tenshi because the girl rebuild the Hakurei Shrine only so she could blow it up with another earthquake on the opening day... And it's likely Reimu would gdt hurt in the process.

Yukari beated the crap out of Tenshi and had her never return to Gensokyo.

And yes. Yukari did make it day and night at once in Touhou 7.5, during Reimu's storyline. Half the sky had sunlight and hald had moonlight.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yukari's story mode is the last in SWR. She got extremely mad with Tenshi because the girl rebuild the Hakurei Shrine only so she could blow it up with another earthquake on the opening day... And it's likely Reimu would gdt hurt in the process.
No, the main reason for Yukari's anger was other:

I know.
Your clan holds its own shrines.
You renovated the shrine to suit your tastes
and conspired to add one more place for you to live, didn't you?

The whole "You renovated the shrine to suit your tastes" was because Tenshi had placed a Keystone inside the Hakurei Shrine, so she could destroy it again. And because it effectively made it her Shrine.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Yukari beated the crap out of Tenshi and had her never return to Gensokyo.
Actually, Tenshi does return now and then to play, like in a festival that end up catching fire. No way Yukari doesn't notice that, so Yukari doesn't forbid her from coming to Gensokyo in the first place.

Still, Tenshi is notable among Tohuou antagonists in that the main characters never really forgive her for what she did.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Still, Tenshi is notable among Tohuou antagonists in that the main characters never really forgive her for what she did.

Where did you get it from? Even Reimu forgave her after Tenshi rebuilt her shrine.

Strange, why Yukari didn't appear at the Tenshi's ending (Tenshi's story line is the last one... After the second rebuild of the Shrine). I think Yukari probably know that Tenshi would kill her... And I mean... Payback time for real...

Or more like she's lazy and tire, so she goes straight to bed. Don't want to freak Tenshi out even more, she would think.

Andykhang said:
Or more like she's lazy and tire, so she goes straight to bed. Don't want to freak Tenshi out even more, she would think.
By the looks of... Hm, timeline (unofficial one - made by hints from the Story mode dialogues)... It looks like Tenshi was OK after several hours at worst...

Promestein said:
"At least 5-C. Likely higher" seems good to me.
I have to agree with Prom on this.

"Unknown, At least 5-C. Likely higher" seems like an excellent rating.

The profile should also be better developed to explain her haxed ability, too.

So we puting Yukari to "at least Moon level, likely higher"? It's probably means that Tenshi got the same level of durability since she was fighting kind of pissed off Yukari. Other SWR characters should probably move up in their AP and Dura from 7-B to High 7-A/Low 6-C too... I think othwerwise they weren't be able to beat Tenshi at all.

Well, at least it allowed us to upgrade others via Tenshi's durability... Kind of... All good when it ends on good note. But what kind of upgrade should be done to others... High 7-A or Low 6-C. What kind of minimum fire power will be enough for Tenshi to feel pain?

EDIT: Actualy, I think we should be careful with upgrading Yukari's AP because of its mid-level correlation to Tenshi's durability which would drag other SWR chracters...

SWR still follows spellcards rules so the ability to damage someone or not doesn't matter at all in battle. So as usual people don't scale because of winning in spellcard battles.

Furthermore in spellcard battles all abilities are resitricted in their strength to a certain amount (for example no hax are to be used), so given that I also don't believe Tenshi scales to yukari.

Furthermore especially since yukari won the fight I have a hard time believing that she would have stopped there if she would seriously want to kill tenshi.

Also you guys should make one upgrade thread into a completly different one. Make a new one if you discuss a new topic.

DontTalk said:
Furthermore especially since yukari won the fight I have a hard time believing that she would have stopped there if she would seriously want to kill tenshi.
It just mean that Tenshi run away. So her Dura is enough to withstand beating and allowed her to escape after beating.

Spellcards rules still allow killing. It happened before and can be the case here. Yukari just failed to do though even when fought seroously... The single time in entire series.

They only allow if they are not seriously hurt, like with immortals. I don't think we know of tenshi having a form of resurection or even Regenerationn.

That aside spellcard rules don't only not allow real killing, they don't even allow fighting with full power. For all spellcards the rule is that power = elegance, hence even a vastly superior power can not necessarily produce more AP in a spellcard battle than another. Hence Yukari can quite likely not even go all out in a spellcard battle. She always has to go easy.

Tenshi didn't run away before settling the matter with Yukari.

Yukari victory message taken from touhouwiki.

Throw me a peach, and I requite with a plum. If you give me a peach, I can forgive you for taking a plum.

[The first line is from the Book of Odes, it means "to repay kindness with kindness". Yukari may be saying that she can forgive Tenshi for what she had done if Tenshi can redeem herself with a good deed.]

Bhava Agra is not part of Gensoukyou. Additionaly Yukari could stop at the last moment if some of her anger vent off. Celestials are not joke for youkais... Their retribution is not something Yukari could handle...

Heaven (Õñ®þòî Tenkai, lit. Celestial World) is a collection of separate realms existing above the Earth. One of them, Bhavaagra (µ£ëÚáéÕñ® Uchouten, lit. Summit of the existent world), it can be reached by climbing the Youkai Mountain. Bhavaagra is also where Tenshi and her family live

Also Tenshi SWR profile here suggested that Gensoukyo is indeed connected to part of Heavens (particularly Bhavaagra):

Ability to calm or cause earthquakes. Although effective area is not wide, she can cause an earthquake in a remote area as long as it's inside Gensokyo. This ability also allows her to cause disasters such as subsidence or mudslide.

Also, only the Hinanawi clan is allowed to put or remove Keystone in Gensokyo.

I don't think Yukari is taking Tenshi seriously albeit her words towards Iku.

Agreed with Donttalk. Spellcards are not for killing purpose.

ZUN explained that It should be noted that danmaku fights aren't for the sake of killing each other ― it is a girls' play-fight.
[1][2][3] The beautiful danmaku with plenty of useless bullets is verification of the fact that opponents don't really want to kill the player, and in the archives, ZUN has said that if they truly wanted to kill, a ratio of 10:1 bullets wouldn't be necessary.

Bhava Agra connected to the outside world too. Aside Iku Yukari told to Suika that she is busy. But... Well, Yukari know that Suika does not care and persistent.

And Yukari seriously annoyed by Tenshi's attempt to create foothold for Celeastials. Her dialougue with Touhou M hints it quite directly.

Just a bit of off-subject, but does feats happening in Spell Cards counts in Powerscaling? Like let's say a feat during a spellcard was calced at a certain level, and a character tanks it in-universe. Does it scales?

Not really what I mean.

For example, let's say Suika's "Black holes". If one were to calc their suction power, would someone tanking the black hole in a Spell Card battle count as an actual feat?

Based on how serious Suika was and her intents... I doubt that Suika will use more power then needed. And I kind of doubt that she used real BH.

Back