• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, uh, a bit off-topic, but is there a place where I can read the Abyss storyline of the card game? Because honestly, the Xenoblade Chronicles World Legacy one was pretty darn fun and I've been intrigued by this one for a while, but no luck finding it.

Right. I'll keep an eye out for it.
I know a tier list that gets the in-game descriptions. I'll check what the move descriptions are.

....For the few moves that have it, anyway; Moves without effects aren't able to be checked for a description. For example, Dark Plant's attack can't inflict Poison until Dark Plant reaches Level 25. Until then, the move has no description.
Okay, doesn't seem to get ALL the descriptions. Nor get them right.

There's an effect with this description that some Attacks have: "Slow down the enemy and reduce its AP".
A guide claims it's a 30% chance, but IDK if the chance is in the description.

The slow down effect is written in-game as "Good chance to slow down the enemy and reduce its Action Points!".

Screenshots is a tedious way, so I'll transcribe the descriptions for Items/Magic that affect AP.
If need be, I can post screenshots, though.

Violet Crystal: When used in battle, this boosts the ATK and increases the Action Points of Night-Adept Monsters!
Power of Nature: This increases the ATK and increases the Action Points of all Spirit Monsters!
Sparks: This magic inflicts minor damage and lowers the Action Points of 1 enemy!
Quick Attack: This magic increases the Action Points of all Team Monsters!
Bless of Moonlight: This magic increases the ATK and increases the Action Points of all Night-Adept Monsters!
(Amusingly, unless there's a difference in stats given, this is another example of FBK's poor balancing; Both Violet Crystal & BoM do the same thing & can be used 4 times, but BoM is worse because only monsters with Level 3 Magic or higher can use it, lol.)
Spellbinding Circle: This magic lowers the ATK and Action Points of 1 enemy!
Mesmeric Control: This magic lowers the Action Points of all enemies.
Gravity Bind: This magic lowers the ATK and Action Points of all enemies!
Dragon Treasure: This magic increases the ATK and increases the Action Points of all Dragon Monsters!

Also, IDK why, maybe it's because, in-universe, the game was made by Scott Irvine, former employer of Kaiba who maliciously betrayed him, but most Dragons are TRAGICALLY awful, exemplified by how say, Power of Nature (For Spirits) is an Item anyone can use, Bless of Moonlight requires Level 3 Magic, but Dragon Treasure, a generic equip in the card game.... Is Level 4 Magic in this.
Even worse, no dragon gets Magic except Thunder Dragon, which gets Level 2 Magic.

While I'm at it, Super Rejuvenation's description:
When used in battle, this medicine boosts life force and enables automatic restoration of Life Points!

There's some abilities (Ex: Night-Adept, Water-Adept, etc.) that are formatted like "ATK, DEF, speed, and Action Points all increase when X".

this game seems very balanced lol
i still have no idea what to do with action points lol
life force is life points or spirit energy/Ba so at least there's some consistency

this game seems very balanced lol
i still have no idea what to do with action points lol
life force is life points or spirit energy/Ba so at least there's some consistency
I doubt Milennium World was even a thing at the time.
The newest monster is Winged Dragon of Ra, or Embodiment of Apophis & Mystical Beast of Serket.
None of Kaiba's combining monsters from his Battle City Duel with Yugi, nor ANY of Marik's monsters other than Ra are in the game.

It released in Japan on December 5th, 2002. At that time, the Manga had them leaving Alcatraz, & the Japanese Anime had just aired the 1st of 3 parts of Joey vs Kaiba at Battle City.

Assuming production time started months prior, it makes sense they wouldn't have anything from the Battle City finals that recently came out, like Marik's monsters .Other than probably Ra, which'd be important.

Like, there's no Vorse Raider (Kaiba's, but still.) or Newdoria or Lava Golem or Revival Jam. nor Mai's Amazons nor most of Ishizu's weird Fairies. Or Swordsman of Landstar.

So there's no way LP = Spirit Energy/Ba was a thing at that point, because that wasn't even in the manga, then, if Konami was paying mind to that, as opposed to just adapting existing TCG cards, IDK.

I doubt Milennium World was even a thing at the time.
kinda forgot about it when we talked about spirit energy but it was a thing during duelist kingdom with pegasus manifesting monsters with the energy of the mind or darkness it's why yugi lost consciousness and his soul almost died so the rules were established and the planning was there all the way from the start

kinda forgot about it when we talked about spirit energy but it was a thing during duelist kingdom with pegasus manifesting monsters with the energy of the mind or darkness it's why yugi lost consciousness and his soul almost died so the rules were established and the planning was there all the way from the start
I'd say it's dubious if the energy of the mind = "life force" was a thing then. (Also, since it's the monster's life force, not the duelist's, is it even the same thing?)
But even if it's not, what would it matter if "Life force", a term used once in FBK, to describe Super Rejuvenation's effect (Which, going by TCG art, is healing physical wounds anyway.), means Ba?

But yeah, as is, Action Points are weird. The only flavourful descriptions describe it as though it's Speed-related, but it functions like a Stamina system.

I'd say it's dubious if the energy of the mind = "life force" was a thing then. (Also, since it's the monster's life force, not the duelist's, is it even the same thing?)
But even if it's not, what would it matter if "Life force", a term used once in FBK, to describe Super Rejuvenation's effect (Which, going by TCG art, is healing physical wounds anyway.), means Ba?

But yeah, as is, Action Points are weird. The only flavourful descriptions describe it as though it's Speed-related, but it functions like a Stamina system.
Bakura describes Ba as the life force humans have
It's the same thing given how the premise of yugioh is ancient egyptians playing games of darkness and it is what gives monsters shapes

So, there was ONE more AP-related thing I missed:

Deal of Phantom is an equipment in this game, & it's description is:

"This talisman protects the Monster wearing it with mystical power and gives it the strength to fight!"

Very vague, doesn't tell you this, but it gives the monster +1 AP.
Kind of consistent with its Japanese name, 守護霊のお守り, which translates as "Amulet of the Guardian Spirit", according to the Yugioh Wiki.

So AP (Falsebound Kingdom's kind.) has been:

1. Associated with speeding up, for Time Wizard's Haste Spell Special, which gives +1 AP to everything on Time Wizard's Team when used, including Time Wizard itself. I've also talked with some people who play FBK, supposedly there's a hidden Speed stat. Fun.
2. Associated with slowing down, for monsters with the same effect as Serpent Night Dragon's Shatter Attack or Three-Headed Geedo's "Razzle Dazzle" attack, which have a 30% chance to slow down the victim of the Attack.
3. A protective talisman with "mystical power" that might be associated with a spirit. Said Talisman "gives the monster the strength to fight!". Having the strength to fight is kind of like stamina, but then that begs the question of HP?

So is one of them Stamina? Is HP how much damage they can tolerate, AP is how much energy they have to do stuff independent of Stamina?
Ex: "I'm completely unharmed, but I'm too tired to fight anymore."

Might need to look into the rawa for the tailsman stuff
Not having much luck so far. Can't find any Japanese Challenge Mode runs (Where you have most equipment from the start.) on Youtube, & the item not being given to players (As in, to get it, you have to build & use a trader at optional bases.) combined with players rushing through the game's levels.

Last edited:
Not having much luck so far. Can't find any Japanese Challenge Mode runs (Where you have most equipment from the start.) on Youtube, & the item not being given to players (As in, to get it, you have to build & use a trader at optional bases.) combined with players rushing through the game's levels.
then i think we should stick with your interpretation so far unless something happens later that would change the current stuff

HP being how much they can tolerate and AP being how much energy they can output

I guess that makes the most sense. It's useful for the items (& Time Wizard's Haste Spell.) that affect Action Points.

It's tragic that Super Rejuvenation is only named for the card in the English version. A lot of the item names seem to have very similar, but not quite identical names to what they're named after in English.
In any case, if we ignore the English version connecting the item & the card by the name, then Super Stamina's Regeneration is the bare minimum.

The English localization describes Super Stamina with "Its super stamina allows it to automatically restore Life Points during battle!". IDK if I should check the Japanese version.

Do we consider these animations canon to the Yugioh card game's canon, considering that video seems to be for the card game?

Because the Earth Manipulation feats especially (& possibly those of the other elements.) from the Familiars of the Charmers (&/or the Charmers themselves.) are quite impressive & 1 of the familiars is Gigobyte. Presumably he got stronger while helping a Charmer, so it'll depend how much stronger he is as a Familiar, but it might be interesting for scaling purposes if the Earth Manipulation & such scale to Gigobyte & that scales to his stronger forms &/or other Familiars.

Petit Dragon, IIRC, is in a similar boat, is also a Familiar, & is a component for many fusions, so if the feats in that animation scaled to it or something it could scale to, it'd be neat.
& Earth Manipulation feats shouldn't be hard to calculate; It's just determining or assuming materials, & then calculating the size & thus the mass & the movement speed to get KE.

I think so? The animation is particularly about the stories of the cards; As long as it doesn't contradict the cards themselves, it can probably be used. Did Zeus destroy planets?"

Last edited:
I think so? The animation is particularly about the stories of the cards; As long as it doesn't contradict the cards themselves, it can probably be used. Did Zeus destroy planets?"
Pausing at 1:49 & going 1080p, it looks like spaceships & asteroids?
Feel free to double check.

At around 2:08 there is some metallic structure that explodes as 1 of the mechs (Zeus? IDK which.) goes over it. A spaceship? A satellite or something?
Otherwise, the planets seem like glorified background decoration in the scene, sadly.

Maybe the explosions of the destroyed stuff (Like the asteroids/ships at 1:49 or the 1 the mech flies away from?) could be calculated?

Pausing at 1:49 & going 1080p, it looks like spaceships & asteroids?
Feel free to double check.

At around 2:08 there is some metallic structure that explodes as 1 of the mechs (Zeus? IDK which.) goes over it. A spaceship? A satellite or something?
Otherwise, the planets seem like glorified background decoration in the scene, sadly.

Maybe the explosions of the destroyed stuff (Like the asteroids/ships at 1:49 or the 1 the mech flies away from?) could be calculated?
Yes, they really are spaceships. Some explosions appeared where there were no spaceships, but these explosions are proportional to the explosions of the spaceships, so it doesn't mean much. It can probably be calculated, but without information that further clarifies what happened [such as the proportion of the size of the spaceships in relation to the planet], the result won't be very great, but at least it's something.

There's this about Zeus and that's why I thought that what he destroyed was planets.

The Ultimate Weapon that can Slay Even the Gods​

A diabolic nightmare ironically crowned with the name of a God, it was originally constructed to counter a threat. Matching its title of 'Sky Thunder', it can burn the sky with thunder, shatter the stars themselves, and slay even the Gods. "WE. SHOULD. DESTROY. THE. DISASTER. WITH. THE. LAST. AND. ULTIMATE. ATTACK. BY. MANKIND..." The "Counter-Offensive Weapon AA-ZEUS" is the 12th Weapon, designed to fight fate, that humanity created in the face of countless threats of extinction.

There's this about Zeus and that's why I thought that what he destroyed was planets.

Skeptical that it might be flowery language, what with it talking of destroying stars in the same boast as "burning the sky with thunder" (A much weaker claim, & if it's euphemistic, that doesn't help the interpretation that they're being literal.) & "slaying even the Gods", notably Gods with a capital G. If it's humanity's "last & ultimate attack" to fight against extinction, either the stakes are the entire human race every battle or they're speaking hyperbole; If it's their last & ultimate attack, it implies humanity is threatened on the regular & on the back foot, which doesn't sound to me like they're the civilization to expect literal Capital-G-God-Killers & star busters, IMHO.

I'm skeptic. It'd probably need other feats, if there are any.

No offense meant, sorry for any bother.

Last edited:
Skeptical that it might be flowery language, what with it talking of destroying stars in the same boast as "burning the sky with thunder" (A much weaker claim, & if it's euphemistic, that doesn't help the interpretation that they're being literal.) & "slaying even the Gods", notably Gods with a capital G. If it's humanity's "last & ultimate attack" to fight against extinction, either the stakes are the entire human race every battle or they're speaking hyperbole; If it's their last & ultimate attack, it implies humanity is threatened on the regular & on the back foot, which doesn't sound to me like they're the civilization to expect literal Capital-G-God-Killers & star busters, IMHO.

I'm skeptic. It'd probably need other feats, if there are any.

No offense meant, sorry for any bother.
Well, these three things said are in relation to Zeus lightning, and the destruction of stars seems to clarify the previous "burning the sky," about the Gods, it only seems that you're going too far into something that we currently have practically no information about.

And nothing you said even came close to being offensive so don't worry.

Well, these three things said are in relation to Zeus lightning, and the destruction of stars seems to clarify the previous "burning the sky," about the Gods, it only seems that you're going too far into something that we currently have practically no information about.

And nothing you said even came close to being offensive so don't worry.
Did we see it destroying any Stars in the animation?
I mean, if you're going to interpret the statement as self-clarifying that Zeus is blowing up stars with its lightning to "burn the sky" -In a realistic sense, likely counterproductive; Blowing up your sun probably doesn't end well for humanity living on any home planet- then I don't see any purpose to consulting the animation.
& considering the statement of slaying the Gods is in the same sentence as blowing up stars, I'd say it's pretty relevant.

& yeah, I am going far, but I'm saying the language feels a little flowery & I'd be hesitant making interpretations.
Doesn't help its feats Konami showed us with the animation doesn't really clarify things much better, IMHO.

Did we see it destroying any Stars in the animation?
I mean, if you're going to interpret the statement as self-clarifying that Zeus is blowing up stars with its lightning to "burn the sky" -In a realistic sense, likely counterproductive; Blowing up your sun probably doesn't end well for humanity living on any home planet- then I don't see any purpose to consulting the animation.
& considering the statement of slaying the Gods is in the same sentence as blowing up stars, I'd say it's pretty relevant.

& yeah, I am going far, but I'm saying the language feels a little flowery & I'd be hesitant making interpretations.
Doesn't help its feats Konami showed us with the animation doesn't really clarify things much better, IMHO.
No, it is obvious that they are not going to destroy themselves, everything indicates that Typhon[the red one that Zeus is fighting] is one of the Gods who wants to destroy Earth and based on the planet that appeared, they are definitely not in our solar system.

Do you think we will add ygo go rush profiles?

ygo go rush is pretty insane like I said here (I progressed a little more and I know new things)

we have planetary characters, one of them can potentially be an universal conceptual manipulator who can remove all "positive" concepts so that only boring concept remains (at universal scale), characters who can casually travel multiple galaxies in max 24 hours (that's several billions of time ftl), and there is a character who is even faster than that. There are reality warpers that can also mind alter people so they believe reality was always like that and also, on top of that, the reality warper can alter the laws of physics. There is an ice user who can trap in ice even people who resist to temperature lower than absolute zero and those ice cannot be melted by any mean (except curry bread), a character who can turn people into furniture. Time manipulation hax that makes people grow dozens of years older in a matter of minutes, gravity manipulation, possession, time travel etc ...

Do you think we will add ygo go rush profiles?

ygo go rush is pretty insane like I said here (I progressed a little more and I know new things)

we have planetary characters, one of them can potentially be an universal conceptual manipulator who can remove all "positive" concepts so that only boring concept remains (at universal scale), characters who can casually travel multiple galaxies in max 24 hours (that's several billions of time ftl), and there is a character who is even faster than that. There are reality warpers that can also mind alter people so they believe reality was always like that and also, on top of that, the reality warper can alter the laws of physics. There is an ice user who can trap in ice even people who resist to temperature lower than absolute zero and those ice cannot be melted by any mean (except curry bread), a character who can turn people into furniture. Time manipulation hax that makes people grow dozens of years older in a matter of minutes, gravity manipulation, possession, time travel etc ...
It looks like a regular yu-gi-oh show... if someone isn't playing with the whole universe, it's not yu-gi-oh.

It's true ygo is often under estimated. I didn't even finished to catch where the anime currently is (it's not even over) so we may discover even more stuff.

No, it is obvious that they are not going to destroy themselves, everything indicates that Typhon[the red one that Zeus is fighting] is one of the Gods who wants to destroy Earth and based on the planet that appeared, they are definitely not in our solar system.
So what, you think the home planet of Zeus's humanity is far away enough from their battle that it won't be endangered by Zeus's possible star-destroying?

You blow up a star, you get a big explosion, typically. (Or at the very least, long term life-ending consequences.)

& yeah, YGO is often very OP. Cosmic horrors & whatnot left & right.
Even if people weren't doing the whole 2-C Gods or that annoying Infinity Knights scaling, I'd put Leviathan on the level of multiple stars for 1 of its slightly dormant soul's feats. (Among other abilities.)

But I prefer to be conservative & not assume higher tier stuff from the get go without significant evidence.
Not to mention, put feats above statements, & while Zeus doesn't have anti-feats AFAIK, it's feats shown are way lower than Star Level, unlike its ambiguous statement.

Last edited:
So what, you think the home planet of Zeus is far away enough from their battle that it won't be endangered by Zeus's possible star-destroying.

You blow up a star, you get a big explosion, typically. (Or at the very least, long term life-ending consequences.)

& yeah, YGO is often very OP. Cosmic horrors & whatnot left & right.
Even if people weren't doing the whole 2-C Gods or that annoying Infinity Knights scaling, I'd put Leviathan on the level of multiple stars for 1 of its slightly dormant soul's feats. (Among other abilities.)

But I prefer to be conservative & not assume higher tier stuff from the get go without significant evidence.
Not to mention, put feats above statements, & while Zeus doesn't have anti-feats AFAIK, it's feats shown are way lower than Star Level, unlike its ambiguous statement.
Of course? he was literally created to prevent the destruction of Earth. Do you think he would send attacks that could end up destroying Earth? If he were within Earth's range, he would be focused on sending Typhon away, not battling him.

Okay 🤷

Of course? he was literally created to prevent the destruction of Earth. Do you think he would send attacks that could end up destroying Earth? If he were within Earth's range, he would be focused on sending Typhon away, not battling him.

Okay 🤷
Fair, I guess.
(Though if they're on the backfoot, means of sending Typhon away might not be options.)

Unrelatedly, has anyone been doing a Sandbox or such for Leviathan?

Back