• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Zencha9

They/Them

welcome to yugioh general discussion feel free to discuss anything yugioh related​

C4enEEiUoAAARF6

Last edited:
just a question in term of canon how do we treat yugioh R ?@SomebodyData

same i will do my best to keep it organized and hopefully it doesn't end like the last yugioh revisions

same i will do my best to keep it organized and hopefully it doesn't end like the last yugioh revisions
What were those about, if I may ask? How did they end up going?
Personally, I'm thinking it'll be better if we split the revisions into small parts; From what I remember, a lot of revisions got out of hand when discussing multiple elements of continuity or scaling or upgrading X from Y.

I would say that we have at least 2 or at least 3 continuities:
1. Anime
2. Manga
3. 4Kids (The Capsule Monsters Series & Pyramid of Light movie are original to 4Kids.)

Just to be sure, DSoD is manga only, & Kazuki Takahashi's PoL novelization (Anyone know if an original Japanese version of that exists?) is... Where does that fit?

I'm most invested in the DM Anime Continuity, with some knowledge for later anime canons, but my mind is largely on the Orichalcos stuff, as well as a physical ability scaling chain for several humans & some monsters.

yes i am thinking about making the crts separate
i will look to see if the PoL novelization has an original Japanese version or not

also i'm gonna ask a question how do you feel about regular shadow games being included in the standard battle Assumptions for DM characters ?
because it would solve so many problem with how we treat the other DM characters
(i said regular shadow games because there are shadow games that destroy the mind&soul or erase it with the void i'm talking about just a regular shadow game where the cards are materialized)

pretty sure duel links is not canon but i think it could be used as supporting evidence

yes i am thinking about making the crts separate
i will look to see if the PoL novelization has an original Japanese version or not

also i'm gonna ask a question how do you feel about regular shadow games being included in the standard battle Assumptions for DM characters ?
because it would solve so many problem with how we treat the other DM characters
(i said regular shadow games because there are shadow games that destroy the mind&soul or erase it with the void i'm talking about just a regular shadow game where the cards are materialized)
I think Shadow Games could be included, if the character in question for that continuity, has done such a Shadow Game(s) in the appropriate continuity.
However, I think it would be very important to make use of implementing a Behaviour Section (An, IIRC, optional part of Character Profiles that's been discussed sometimes.) to help give a frame of reference to viewers, regarding how the character would use the Shadow Game; It'd be very confusing to have someone be able to do a bunch of Law Manip to set up game rules, but then a match comes up & nobody's clear on what kind of rules the character uses for which Shadow Games.

As for Duel Links, AFAIK, it's probably not canon, & within its own story, a simulation created by Kaiba anyway. Other than some vaguely implicative dialogue by Ishizu about Yami Marik, there's not much reason to believe Duel Links, even within its own canon, is anything more than a simulation card game video game.

For similar reasons, I'm also skeptical of using Duel Links as supporting evidence; Kaiba is often skeptical, indifferent, or biased regarding supernatural elements. From an in-universe perspective, a game created by Kaiba, especially given that. may not be reliable evidence for how monsters/spells/traps etc. work in "reality" outside of the card game, since Kaiba tends to not give any concern to that, or worse.
In Duel Links's credit, it IS a game made by Konami, that does acknowledge the stories.... but other than being a spin-off featuring anime & manga characters it doesn't have that strong a connection to the anime/manga, I'm unsure how involved Kazuki Takahashi is, & it's a spin-off that's questionable regarding its quantity/validity of feats.

i don't why but the wiki didn't notify me anyways for it was my mistake i was referring to shadow duels

i was thinking of including shadow duels in the standard battle assumption for the characters that can't materialize cards like mako and making a key for them with and without shadow duels
about duel links i didn't pay attention for the story in duel links really. i thought it was just recap of the anime

i don't why but the wiki didn't notify me anyways for it was my mistake i was referring to shadow duels

i was thinking of including shadow duels in the standard battle assumption for the characters that can't materialize cards like mako and making a key for them with and without shadow duels
about duel links i didn't pay attention for the story in duel links really. i thought it was just recap of the anime
Yeah, the alert system is weird. I find it oddly difficult to remove alerts from my list & such.

Anyway, Shadow Duel, Shadow Game, they often overlap. For example, Yami Marik's Duel with Mai had her forget people as her monsters were destroyed. (Although, I think we need to get some evidence he wasn't just doing fancy mind manip with the Milennium Rod, since he was already using it for Mind Manip a lot.)
& Bakura with Bonz had the boundaries of the duel area wrap around, making the graveyard -& thus- the duel impossible to run away from.
In both cases, those quite possibly could be Law Manipulation.

But Mako? Mako Tsunami? When did his plays in a Duel have an effect on reality?

& yeah, Duel Links has events that often have anime recap stuff. Either way, I don't think DL is that important, but if people wanna document it, I won't stop them.

yami marik's shadow games/duels were stated multiple times to damage the soul/mind/consciousness the bakura thing i find strange but it could be law manip
about mako he did not effect anything in reality what i'm suggesting is that we treat duelist like in season 4 and 5 when everyone and his mother could affect monsters due to shadow games/duels so we make a profile for said characters under that setting it's done been done on before an example would be izuru kamakura he has a profile for him when he's in a certain setting(neo world program) so i don't see why we can't make profiles for the rest of the characters under a certain setting

yami marik's shadow games/duels were stated multiple times to damage the soul/mind/consciousness the bakura thing i find strange but it could be law manip
about mako he did not effect anything in reality what i'm suggesting is that we treat duelist like in season 4 and 5 when everyone and his mother could affect monsters due to shadow games/duels so we make a profile for said characters under that setting it's done been done on before an example would be izuru kamakura he has a profile for him when he's in a certain setting(neo world program) so i don't see why we can't make profiles for the rest of the characters under a certain setting
"yami marik's shadow games/duels were stated multiple times to damage the soul/mind/consciousness"
Which of the anime &/or manga are you talking about?

Anyway, is this guess of mine correct?: You're proposing making character profiles, but give them keys for circumstances where what they do in duels or involving their cards/monsters/spells/traps, affects reality?
I would not be opposed to that, but I'd still propose we give behaviour sections &/or detailed info on the circumstances/rules involving them being able to do so.

i remember him stating it in the manga not sure about the anime also in pegasus's shadow game/duel regular yugi's soul/mind was shattering he was getting exhausted spiritually and mentally until he passed out and pegasus stating that his soul is dead

also yes there would be a note on the profiles detailing the circumstances they are in

Last edited:
i remember him stating it in the manga not sure about the anime also in pegasus's shadow game/duel regular yugi's soul/mind was shattering he was getting exhausted spiritually and mentally until he passed out and pegasus stating that his soul is dead

also yes there would be a note on the profiles detailing the circumstances they are in
I see. Apologies for asking, then, but do you remember WHEN, specifically, in the manga? Context of the statement is important, both for helping understand how to apply it, as well as how to find it so that it can be viewed & scans of it posted & such.

Last edited:
these are just the statments in the shadow games/duels it was shown multiple times that monster can damage the mind with attacks

Wasn't the thing about duelists feeling their monsters' pain specifically a gimmick of Marik & Joey's Duel, like with Mai vs Marik where he put up a gimmick of monsters destroyed = people forgotten?
I suppose Atem IMPLIED Yugi couldn't handle Shadow Games, but taken literally, he only said there's a limit to Yugi's mental strength. But I suppose your assumption about the implication is correct, especially given the other page's context.
Also, how did Yugi continue (Ex: To do Battle City, duel the pharoah, etc.) if his Soul really was dead as of the Shadow Game with Pegasus?

Wasn't the thing about duelists feeling their monsters' pain specifically a gimmick of Marik & Joey's Duel, like with Mai vs Marik where he put up a gimmick of monsters destroyed = people forgotten?
I suppose Atem IMPLIED Yugi couldn't handle Shadow Games, but taken literally, he only said there's a limit to Yugi's mental strength. But I suppose your assumption about the implication is correct, especially given the other page's context.
Also, how did Yugi continue (Ex: To do Battle City, duel the pharoah, etc.) if his Soul really was dead as of the Shadow Game with Pegasus?
his soul didn't die they specifically said that yugi and atem are one and the same that he didn't truly die
@Nehz_XZX yes they should and KAs are missing alot of stuff like mid-godly and type 8 with some weakness of course

At this point im just gonna meme how dead this verse is

Last edited:
Hmmm he would probably be in the tier 9 range with FTL to MFTL reaction (depends on the the calc results)

Out of curiosity, how would one go about scaling yuma tsukumo's speed for yugioh zexal ? And how fast can you get him?
Hm it's been a while since zexal yuma would normally be averge to above average i do remember him getting hit alot so maybe a calc would make him 9-C or something
Zexal yuma would just be at least High 4-C scaling from incomplete astral zexal 2 would be higher zexal 3 would probably scale off nash Because i remember a statement saying that their dueling was fusing the worlds or something like that so 2-C

In terms of speed yuma would be averge human with FTL reactions due to keeping up with utopia fighting other monsters utopia scales to FTL due to dyson sphree, his zexal form would be higher zexal 2 would also be higher it might scale to C96 which would make him MFTL+

there's probably alot more that i forgot about zexal so this will probably change in time

bump
master duel gave us some new stuff like Mid-Godly for digital bugs and elemtal lords embodying their elements

Back