• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yu-Gi-Oh General Discussion: Dual or Duel

Time to start the chain for YGO and actually boot up a main discussion thread for this verse! Typically, I find that people only send things and ask questions about Yu-Gi-Oh in CRTs, so this is necessary.

Tumblr odg0rysx1G1s7hhmuo1 400

Just finished the ARC-V Manga. That's a twist if I ever saw one.

Expect a 5d Manga Yusei profile sometime in the near future

Me neither, I liked the ending better than the anime's tbh.

...Buuuut, regarding the Egyptian God Slime, I don't remember it having Obelisk's abilties, did it?

Why do I also have to be the guy who downgrades?

SomebodyData said:
Me neither, I liked the ending better than the anime's tbh.
...Buuuut, regarding the Egyptian God Slime, I don't remember it having Obelisk's abilties, did it?

Why do I also have to be the guy who downgrades?
Maybe not in the manga, I'll check the anime though. They can be removed from his page if they're not shown in both, though he is a full-blown copy who never attacked. He was merely used as a wall from Marik. Kind of an irrelevant monster regardless haha.

He should still have absorption with this though.

Him absorbing the energy of an attack would still be absorption, he was already a tank that was just to absorb the energy instead of taking it as damage but it's alright without it. IP seems fine.

I mean, you would have to give absorption to literally anyone/material that can tank a hit if thats the case.

It's not absorbing energy like Black Panther if that's what you're implying.

ExodusNexus said:
I think it's partially due to that Yuzu twist at the end.
That was.... a surprise to be sure. I might even go so far as to say that that was a very well written twist.

Anyone know any good Yu-Gi-Oh video games? I've heard Forbidden Memories isn't too shabby.

Other than that I have a proposal about, please read this part, Anime Key monster profiles. Assuming the Stone Giant calc is accepted.

"At least 8-C (An average monster should be somewhat comparable to the Stone Giant, who shattered the moon summo), possibly 7-B (Potentially comparable to the Thunder Giant, who could bring in a storm)"

This applies to anime pages only at the moment. I'll look for manga feats which can scale to the average monster.

Not sure we can just scale it to everything, espically considering how wildly the monsters vary.

I get that, but I mean the monsters such as Dark Magician and such which wouldn't typically be seen as something weak. It can certainly vary from profile to profile, but there some set monsters. Specifically and usually those of the protagonists.

I mean, we have Galactic level 2 tuner monsters and Stellar level 11 Synchro monsters. Needless to say, unless we got proof of something scaling, I don't think that's necessarily a good idea.

Not to mention even in the original yugioh we got level 5 monsters being able to fight off egyptian gods, so yeah.

Oh, my bad then.

If its not scaling based on how powerful they appear to be as cards, then what is it based on?

I mean, I was just talking about general powerscaling in this instance. Like you said, as long as there's proof to scale.

Should there be a separate verse page for Duel Terminal and Card Lore? It's pretty expansive, and it's a entirely separate canon from the main series for the most part, as well as being generally different in terms of story or genre, since main series Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't allowed to have major magic themes anymore iirc

Also, since I'm finally trying to finish the Zexal Revisions, I'm looking into the old threads and I'm hoping we can finally get enough done to finish this time.

Yobo Blue said:
Would Astral have the powers of Number 96: Dark Mist?
It's complicated:

The first couple of times he got 96, he was either never fully able to absorb him or when he did, 96 would be managed to get himself together again in a way or another.

Who definitely should have them are Barian Arc Vector, Don Thousand and Post-Don Thousand Duel Nash since form absorbed 96, the second absorbed Vector, and the latter absorbed Don.

Astral did get all of the Numbers at the end (including their Chaos version, I think), but you could argue that 6 just lost his powers at that point since they were used both by Vector and to create the Fake Numbers.

But to be fair, most of them consist of things that EoS Astral would be able to replicate or would already have.

Back