• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
NVM, I meant only Matster Of Dragon Soldier, Kaiba didn't need the scale, and was able to use polymerization by himself.

In the firsr clip ( https://youtu.be/dGctQgTS1uo)

Kaiba summons a Duel Monsters Duel Disk to summon out of the blue (hah.) A Blue Eyes while dragon and the fusing it with other two blue eyes to summon Ultimate Dragon without a scale. The scale was woth mana, and Yugi was knocked out.

In the second clip, https://youtu.be/kQfCdY7eQA4

Yugi has Maga give him the scale, jumps out of the valcony and fuses with Ultimate Dragon/Kaiba to fighr Zorc.

I think the first clip pretty much showed how abimities in Yugioh work.

We saw a man WILL a Duel Disk into his arm, and summon monsters in real life to attack and KILL someone else.

And Kaiba didnt even have to activate a Dark Game since he doesnt have a Millenium item, he can use all of his cards as hax irl.

>S-So why didnt he kill Zorc woth an insta kill?

Because Zorc is probably inmune to almost anything DM hax wise because he can fight the gods (who have insta kills) and well, because he was a complete menace to everyone present.

Either that or simple PIS really.

But yeah, explicit use of a spell effect in real life.

Definitely fits with my proposal above.

>PIS Come on, thats literally a non argument. Explain why it could even possibly be PIS. We see this stuff all thru the series on the links ive presented thru this entire ordeal.

@Rapid

This is less about evidence at this point, and more about what is consistent between the real life and effects. These spells and monsters are real, but there are some that are inconsistent between the two, which was the main issue with BESD. It's something that really has to be looked at on a card by card basis.

RapidMotorcycle19 said:
>PIS
Come on, thats literally a non argument. Explain why it could even possibly be PIS. We see this stuff all thru the series on the links ive presented thru this entire ordeal.
I meant them not using mirror force on Zorc and stuff could be PIS, not the cards themselves. Sorry if it wasn't clear.

@Rapid Pretty sure Yobo is up for whatever he sees logical, whether it be hax or not.

Also Zorc being immune to DM hax is speculation no?

@Yobo That said, I've been wondering about that. PIS happening once or twice is understandable, but an entire season?

I don't think the battle with Zorc was a whole season, though I admit my memory of season 5 is slightly foggy, and I could be misinterpreting what you're saying.

@Yobo I was referring to the fights before even Zorc, (bakura if I remember correctly and an entire army of the undead)

I dunno. I'm sure there has been quite a bit more PIS in a verse then that, and that didn't take a whole season either. Why though?

@Yobo The difference is usually the PIS is in regards to already established things, here it's debatable if they even established much to begin with. Not to mention PIS is usually spread out onto different topics, not just one certain part of a mechanic.

There is probably more, but, the majority of season 5's fights are against this, which is why I and many others are extremely hesitant about this. (Dragon Ball Super had a similar issue with scaling, now it's just accepted as their logic, an argument can be made that this is the same.

It depends on what you mean by established. Bakura did use these powers before hand.

I guess it could be just their logic, but what would it not being PIS change?

Because some cards RESIST other card's effects. Shocking.

Not to mention that since anubis, it has been stablished that any non-duelist opponent Yugi has is considered a "Monster".

Thats why he doesnt insta kill Marik nor Dartz, they are Duelists.

Anubis once he turned into a monster, was chosen as a target for Shining Dragon's effects. not to mention Kaiba attacked Zorc as if he was a monster.

@Rapid

I think that pertains to a different part of the argument though. That may be better to save for later.

I think we are all in agreement that they can materialize spells, traps, and monsters, correct?

So, from what I understand....

>We all agree the current standards need some updating.

>Cards like polymerization can use their effects in real life.

>ARC-V pretty clearly has both real monsters and effecfs

And we still need to figure out

>To what degree cards correlate to there effects

>How to coordinate those that don't contradict

Speaking of ARC-V, I actually have a updated version of Yuya's profile with better justification, a post Pendulum Dimension Key, and the powers of his monsters that do have tangible effects. If it's alright, I would like to update the profile

>To what degree cards correlate to there effects

If there is an activation that does not match the card, ignore it.

>How to coordinate those that don't contradict

If they have not been shown being activated with a effect that is defferent from the card, accept them as hax.

Have a little patience. It´ll happen eventually.

In the meantime I´m going to work on The Dragon Master Knight Profile

I'm pretty sure we can't ignore that a lot of the effects activated outside a duel is usually completely different or highly weaker than the game effects.

As for the second part, we can't just accept their abilities assuming nothing would change outside the card game when the majority of the other cards don't work the same.

I'm thinking season 5 isn't PIS at this point, cause honestly the more examples are brought up, the more it shows that they have different or lack their effects. Also just realized, but if divine evolution ups divine rank rather than attack outside of a normal duel, wouldn't that be another example of the card effects not being consistent with their actual abilities?

Yes we can, Data.

The clip above (The one where kaiba wills the duel disk into his arm and summons Ultimate Blue Eyes Dragon) pretty much proves that the consistent effects are valid and should be applied.

The best you can hope for is for making us look thru the "inconsistent" effects. Which, are literally just the very, very minimal instances of Bakura using them.

Ah well, Can we at least agree that there is a certain level of consistency with certain things, for example, with cards like sparks being obviously fire manip in real life?

>divine evolution ups divine rank rather than attack outside of a normal duel, wouldn't that be another example of the card effects not being consistent with their actual abilities?

Divine Evolution was used in the Yu-Gi-Oh R MANGA, it was never, ever seen in the anime.

Nice try.

Back