• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

You've Met With a Terrible Fate, Haven't You?: Majora vs Nightmare Moon

Azathoth_the_Abyssal_Idiot

VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
The Cursed Mask vs the Mare in the Moo

A thematic match of characters in the same tier in which I don't even need to equalize speed or something and that already has crossover fanart, to boot? The hell? Am I being pranked?

Nightmare-moon-majoras-mask2
Majora's MLP

Conditions:

• Majora starts in its "Mask" form and can transform should it so choose. Luna is Nightmare Moon.
  • Winner is determined when one combatant can no longer fight, be it due to death or incapacitation.
  • Both are bloodlusted
  • Start out 100 meters apart
  • Inside the moo. Majora is not allowed to alter the world around it, at will.
  • The moon is hurtling towards Equestria. Because stakes.
Battle music:

Final Hours (Last Day) dj-Jo Remix
Final Hours (Last Day) dj-Jo Remix

As always, give reasoning for your vote.

LoyalservantofInti said:
Luna via versatility
Versatility with what? Both have incredibly similar power sets, and most of the exclusive things that either of them have aren't things I'd say sway combat, very much. At least, not enough to make the entire difference in this fight on their own.

Luna can fly + should have way more hax by virtue of being equally as talented as Twilight + in her Nightmare Moon form she has shown degrees of Mind Manipulation. I would give the slight edge to Luna in this fight, but it's a close one.

Majora can fly as well, and you can't mind screw a mask. Also, I don't see how talent transfers over to hax.

Pikachu942 said:
Luna can fly + should have way more hax by virtue of being equally as talented as Twilight + in her Nightmare Moon form she has shown degrees of Mind Manipulation. I would give the slight edge to Luna in this fight, but it's a close one.
Majora can also fly, and I don't believe Twilight has shown anything of importance Majora can't also do. I'm also not entirely sure the mind manipulation you're referring to, unless you mean her dream manipulation.

It's like saying Majora wins by ripping out Luna's soul via soul manipulation, even though it never showed the ability to just do something like that, at will.

Anyway, I feel as if the mask should win. He's not against leading with transmutation, and worst comes to worst, he could try possession. Furthermore, he could potentially de-age her like Kafei, and then just bully her in a different incarnation (no pun intended)

Interesting. Very very interesting (I honestly don't know why I haven't given the show a chance yet). But I stick to my first point, given how quickly Majora decided to transmute Link.

Though I will say if Fierce Deity is in play, as in Majora is willing to give it (due to insanity), then Nightmare Moon easily.

The real cal howard said:
Though I will say if Fierce Deity is in play, as in Majora is willing to give it (due to insanity), then Nightmare Moon easily.
FD is an entirely separate entity given to Link by an extremely apathetic Majora only after completing a set of trials involving the masks Link had earned, so I sincerely doubt it would.

The real cal howard said:
You can't mind screw a mask.
If it is a sentient evil mask with a mind of its own, yes you can. Though if it is only dream manipulation as Azzy states, that isn't helping

Though I still have no clue who would win this

Back