• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see, welp. What about the Ocarina of time bosses scaling to Link? Cause I realized them scaling to being around Ganondorf’s level might not be…. Consistent to say the least? Especially if we take the downfall timeline to account

Yeah the OOT bosses, and temple bosses in general, should just scale to feats done by characters on their level like the eldin dragon guy.

Yeah I mentioned that earlier (though I mispelt his name, oops).

Unsure, Armor had issues with calcs like that, both him and King Dodongo (and maybe Gohma WW), all have extremely similar feats of cooling and solidifying lava upon death.

I'm neutral, Armor I think is against but don't quote me on that, I can't speak for him.

I’m 70% sure Armor’s complaint was about volvagia’s death causing a volcanic eruption. I don’t recall it being about solidifying lava unless I’m misremembering the entire conversation too.

Ya wouldn't. It was a personal DM, I ran the King Dodongo calc by him a few weeks ago to see if it'd check out (solidifying lava), and he was like idk chief.
My bad for not specifying it wasn't in this thread, but it was about the zelda lava calcs in particular.

Though he might have changed his mind or I misunderstood him, so I won't speak for him, ask him again maybe? Assuming he still gives a **** about this thread.

I'm neutral though, fine with whatever we deicide.

Calc is slightly wanked though, albeit not intentionally, an honest mistake clearly, just that the Link height used is a bit to much by like a solid 10cm+ so it's slightly inflated (It'd be ok if that Link is the same as OOT/SS/BOTW Link tho in height).

Gleerok doesn't really attack with ice, does he? It's kind of a weird feat. I mean as far as I know (Haven't played Minish Cap so this is a bit of guessing admittedly) Gleerok is just a really strong animal, no real evidence of a universal power system or anything

No it doesn’t. We have an entire blog that calced it to being large Star level.

Since we're just waiting on another calc for AP before we start wrapping up the tiers, I was wondering how we're gonna handle the lifting strength for the Giants. We're no longer treating the moons size and mass in Majoras Mask as comparable to the real moon so we can't use Class E anymore. We gonna just slap unknown on them until we get a calc for how heavy the moon is?

I’d be fine with that I guess. What other LS feats do we even have to scale the verse to?

Child Link in OOT has some Class 50 feats that scales to pretty much any unamped Link. Power Gloves/Bracelets have several Class K feats, with a handful like the Titans Mitts having a Class M feat. The Gohma in Wind Waker has a Class M feat, and the Golden Gauntlets have a Class T calc. Most of the scaling for LS is already on the profiles and doesn't need any changes besides downgrading anyone who scales to Class E.

OOT Link with the Golden Gauntlets and TOP Ganon can go down to Class T, and I guess Demise would just be At least Class M.

Do we have a calc on Hylia lifting skyloft or no? Maybe that can get something good for Demise to scale

Probably would get higher than Class M, issue is that since all Skyloft and all the other islands are just floating in the sky it means Hylia only lifted them up and kept them air bound due to telekinesis. I don't think we'd be able to scale the LS needed to move the mass of Skyloft to anything but Hylias telekinesis.

Also forgot to mention, but Cyber said he might try to recalc the Faron feat, so we just got the Eldin feat and the Levia’s feat left to wait for a calc.

The cooling part is just done via his death, otherwise his main fighting style is using magna at you.

What I'd miss?
Something about the moon not being moon sized and thus not Class whatever?

I thought we decided to just skip that entirely because it didn't matter for AP, not that we're discarding it entirely. At the very least it'd warrant a possibly. If not the same given they could stop it, as in the object that's coming down with enough force to glass the surface of the planet, in the same vain that stopping a 1 ton vehicle on impact is like Class 50, stopping a moon that literally destroys the world is gonna be way, way, way, way higher than just the weight of the object itself.

Cyber said he can try to recalc the Faron calc when he’s available, aside from what we were talking about the moon size not being a normal moon, and just waiting on you for the Levias calc.

By the by, does anyone have any scans that we add to the justification for the TOP possibly scaling to the Four Giants? We're gonna need something to link to in order to justify the possibly High 6-A rating we're gonna give them, can't just slap a "Should scale to or above the four giants" without linking to a statement about the TOP granting the greatest power or something like that.

Chariot might have the scan since he got all of the full triforce statements against Eficiente, but I could be wrong.

Chariot might have the scan since he got all of the full triforce statements against Eficiente, but I could be wrong.
All I do is open text dumps from the games and just CTRL+F keywords lad.
Of course I have a general idea of where to look given i've played them, but getting the statements is something anyone can do.

Do you know where the statements of the ToP having unrivaled strength comes from? Because I've looked through the zelda dungeon website and they don't mention anything on that beyond it being part of the triforce.

Still waiting on the Levias and Faron calc. Otherwise we've gotten everything else.

btw I don't think we can use Onox's 7-A feat anymore. Besides the obvious stuff like how we can't use KE for it, the calc also seems to use some questionable scaling to make the map size much bigger than it should be. Scaling the entrance of one the dungeons (Which isn't that much bigger than Link) to the full size of the dungeon itself and then scaling the rest of the map to the dungeon entrance.

I think we should just give Onox the generic 7-B calc for creating storms instead of 7-A.

The calc got recaled to 8-B+ (very very close to baseline 8-A), But still, rather consistent.

Actually, I might redo that Faron calc quickly, not because it's wrong per say, but it might get a bit higher using the actual in game model and not the map, as ironic as that might be.

Would be quite easy, just have to open up noclip and take a screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back