• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Nightmare Moon fights Daybreaker but not really

Except that he can come back from BFR. Plus I wouldn't count him out just yet. Reality warping + time slow are some of his opening moves from what I can remember, so my vote is valid

Except that he can come back from BFR. Plus I wouldn't count him out just yet. Reality warping + time slow are some of his opening moves from what I can remember, so my vote is valid
But when? Hal Jordan was basically resisting his basic attacks and yet he did not slow down time or bend reality

This was the only league member who was doing decently against the dark knights who were showing off their mad haxes and prep. If Dawnbreaker had any, wouldn't he also use it?

Last edited:
Hal Jordan was basically resisting his basic attacks and yet he did not slow down time or bend reality
Because HAL Jordan is one of the most haxxed heralds in DC? Have you seen his file? So I wouldn't call them basic attacks. They just don't mention the hax part of it like manga and LNs do. And doesn't matter if he didn't attack HAL like that, in his original appearance he did all that.

Also never question why comic characters don't go for their hax, to put it simply, writers are stupid sometimes.

Because HAL Jordan is one of the most haxxed heralds in DC? Have you seen his file? So I wouldn't call them basic attacks. They just don't mention the hax part of it like manga and LNs do. And doesn't matter if he didn't attack HAL like that, in his original appearance he did all that.

Also never question why comic characters don't go for their hax, to put it simply, writers are stupid sometimes.
Alright that was a good suggestion. Turns out Hal Jordan also has time slow and assuming that his ring is very similar to the one his corps uses, that ability probably carried over to Dawnbreaker's ring (And it's probably why dying green lanterns always know exactly what to say to get the person near them to put on the ring). Problem is, it's not combat applicable (It was so that his soul can figure out who his ring goes to).

And as @Lightbuster30 said, the reality bending is probably his feat of surviving the collapse of his own reality. That or his ability to construct his batcave in such a way that it's a lightless void.

Except it is combat applicable. I will recommend reading his original appearance where he uses the ability to fight against the lanterns, guardians, etc.

I honestly don't know why he is 4B to begin with, because he was meant to be at the very least 4-A, scaling off the Guardians. And iirc - and it has been quite a long time since I read it - he overpowered the entire corp and the guardians. That's where most of his feats and abilities comes from and I am 80% sure he used reality warping there in combat

Except it is combat applicable. I will recommend reading his original appearance where he uses the ability to fight against the lanterns, guardians, etc.

I honestly don't know why he is 4B to begin with, because he was meant to be at the very least 4-A, scaling off the Guardians. And iirc - and it has been quite a long time since I read it - he overpowered the entire corp and the guardians. That's where most of his feats and abilities comes from and I am 80% sure he used reality warping there in combat
This is the panel of Dawnbreaker fighting the lanterns. It just cuts to black and IIRC, it cuts to one of the guardians on the ground. And even then, it's time slow, not time stop. It's not giving him any extra resistances to large scale corruption and he has no prior knowledge of said corruption.

I think he's 4-B because he scales to his fellow dark knights who were incapable of one-shoting any of the league members who are mostly 4-B as well.

If you think you forgot anything, here's a video of Comicstorian's Dark Knight Metal reading. Dawnbreaker's backstory is somewhere around the 1:01:54 mark and there's a generous person in the comments who made a time stamp for important events.

Right, but near-instant corruption. All she has to do is think and it'll instantly start working. Doesn't matter if he can return from bfr, doesn't change what he doesn't resist.

I'll also need scans of him using time manipulation and reality-warping on the first go during combat, because from what I've seen, he's mostly summoned a horde of ring monsters and use blackout far more often. I'll also need for it to be consistently used first.

Last edited:
My vote is still for Batman...

Anyway, here are some of his feats.

He has dimensional creation in which he can warp reality and power null and crap like that. Literally the first thing he used against Hal.

My vote is still for Batman...

Anyway, here are some of his feats.

Thanks for that. A whole thread for me to sift through and figure out which feats are which. Almost as good as when someone posts a video without a timestamp.
He has dimensional creation
Interdimensional portal says no. Secondly, the same thread mentions it was done with other Batmen. Where even was the pocket dimension? All it said was they made different Batcaves tailored to each league member.
and power null and crap like that
The only thing I saw was him negging Hals beam, which a page later was said to be absorbed due to Dawnbreaker's ability to absorb light. Magic ain't light, so no absorption or negation is happening here.

I would also like to see proof it's consistently used first in a fight and faster than thought-based corruption.

Last edited:
Except that I don't have to give them or think that the points argued are even worth the time and effort to rebute.

Plus if he is going to be aggressive, I would rather not bother with anything here.

You know what, I'll just lay this down to whoever's viewing this thread. Currently the problem isn't with how many ways Dawnbreaker can kill Nightmare Moon because his generic starting move one-shots her

Currently we're on incon because he has no way to deal with instant, potent moral-based corruption which has no tell or warning whatsoever. The reason he stands a chance is because most of his attacks can one-shot and are controlled by thought

Limited Intangibility (as Nightmare Moon)
How does this work?
IIRC, it was from the tantabus which Luna could create but would never use against anyone in-character. Nightmare Moon however would definitely do so

Tantabus is slow and Nightmare Moon would probably rather corrupt the extremely powerful being in front of her

IIRC, it was from the tantabus which Luna could create but would never use against anyone in-character. Nightmare Moon however would definitely do so

Tantabus is slow and Nightmare Moon would probably rather corrupt the extremely powerful being in front of her
Doesn't she turn into smoke in like the pilot?

You know what, I'll just lay this down to whoever's viewing this thread. Currently the problem isn't with how many ways Dawnbreaker can kill Nightmare Moon because his generic starting move one-shots her

Currently we're on incon because he has no way to deal with instant, potent moral-based corruption which has no tell or warning whatsoever. The reason he stands a chance is because most of his attacks can one-shot and are controlled by thought
I guess, given this reasoning (& since she probably isn't opening by trying to retreat.), Inconclusive might be reasonable.

Back