• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GyroNutz

VS Battles
Administrator
Probably one of my favourite DC animated verses is now entering its fourth season! The first four episodes have already dropped at the time of making this thread.

Feel free to discuss anything from the Young Justice series, any speculation of what's gonna happen later in the season, anything vsbw related (upgrades, abilities), etc.

Bumping this old thread because I just saw Season 4, Episode 13, the end of the Zatanna Arc.

I was reading the Wiki:
"Back at Roanoke, Etrigan leaps onto the rising earth and climbs until he could leap down on Child. He then breathes hellfire once more, until the flesh is burned away from her bones. The demon takes Child's skull to admire his handiwork, only for Child to re-emerge from an eye socket and hit him with a blast of energy."

Should this qualify as a level of regeneration?
On one hand, she came back from having all her flesh burned away to the bone. On the other hand, she just emerged from the void of an empty eye socket with a recreation of her body, not reformed her old body.

I got a word of god statement from Greg that said there are "thousands of chaos lords" in existence, meaning Child's amp from "All the Chaos Lords" probably had a multiplier of somewhere in the thousands. Tho of course it's unquantifiable, it's still interesting to think maybe Child was thousands of times stronger than Klarion maybe.

I don't remember Klarion ever matching Child's magic really, Child was sorta toying with him in their first fight, at least until she dropped that piece of land on him.

Maybe it's weird Klarion and Fate's combined attacks matched one of her spells? One can say she was still holding back though.

I don't remember Klarion ever matching Child's magic really, Child was sorta toying with him in their first fight, at least until she dropped that piece of land on him.

Maybe it's weird Klarion and Fate's combined attacks matched one of her spells? One can say she was still holding back though.
Why would she be holding back? What indicated it?

I got a word of god statement from Greg that said there are "thousands of chaos lords" in existence, meaning Child's amp from "All the Chaos Lords" probably had a multiplier of somewhere in the thousands. Tho of course it's unquantifiable, it's still interesting to think maybe Child was thousands of times stronger than Klarion maybe.
Can you share the statement?
Is he talking about throughout history, or simultaneously? Found these two statement from him where he refuses to give an answer on the total number of lords existing at a time.

Steve writes...​

1: Is Zviad Baazovi from markovia? He was a soviet originally in the comics.
2: How many lords of chaos and order are there usually at a time?
3: Why did Wonder Woman return to man's world after returning home following world war 2?
4: Was John smith/red tornado Connor's legal guardian? I remember seeing that here but i couldn't find it in the archives
4b: Did anyone else took over for torando like ma and pa kent?
5: If Tornado was Connor's legal guardian, does Connor view as a father and by extension Traya as a sister?

Greg responds...​

1. He's Markovian in YJ.
2. I've never counted.
3. No spoilers.
4. I seem to recall that as well.
4b. Eventually, yes.
5. They're not quite that close. But they are fairly close.
FYI, Conner is spelled with an o and an e.

Kevin writes...​

1. When Black Lightning generates electricity why is it that the lightning is sometimes black when other times it is blue?
2. Does Sportsmaster have superhuman attributes or is he just incredibly fit for someone his age?
3. How many Lords/Ladies of Order and Chaos are there on Earth 16?
4. What are the different functions of Robin's circular Birdarangs and the ones that are similar in appearance to Batarangs?
5. Do Black Manta's missile launchers have different functions when they are on different shoulders?

Greg responds...​

1. It's blue-black in color - with a yellow rimlight - so it depends on the ambient lighting of the scene.
2. The latter.
3. SPOILER REQUEST. NO COMMENT.
4. They have much in common, actually. But obviously batarangs are larger and have more mass, so are capable of a greater impact. In addition, some birdarangs have explosive and other capabilities.
5. Um... I'm gonna say no. For now, at least.

Plus, drawing power from many Lords of Chaos doesn't necessarily mean fully absorbing their entire power, and the power scaling with such a big multiplier seem inconsistent with Child being fend off.

The question: "In episode 9 of YJ Phantoms, when the new chaos lord (child) is coming to Earth, on screen there are 10 Lords of Chaos and 11 Lords of Order but then after this point, both Chaos and Order respectively only have 8 Lords shown on screen. Was the time the screen showed more than 8 Lords from each side an animation error or are there actually more than 8 Lords from each side?"

Greg's answer: "There are probably thousands of Chaos Lords and thousands of Lords of Order. How many are gathered at any given moment is variable."

Why would she be holding back? What indicated it?
That moment when Klarion sliced Child in half because she just stood there and improvised a human scream to put "oomph" into it as she said. Other than that, I don't remember Klarion even getting a single hit on her. If you're thinking of those brief moments when Klarion and Child's magic beams or whatever are clashing, I mean unless you think Klarion is as powerful as several chaos lords combined (possibly in the thousands), then it seems to me Child was holding back and playing with her food.

Plus, drawing power from many Lords of Chaos doesn't necessarily mean fully absorbing their entire power, and the power scaling with such a big multiplier seem inconsistent with Child being fend off.
All their power all at the same time? I didn't mean it like that. As for Child being fended off, if you're talking about when Fate and Klarion teamed up, they did zero damage to her and we were going to lose pretty low diff until her amp was turned off by the chaos lords. Then when she got angry and she got that Naruto nine tails form (which is leftover power from her amp), she stomped Klarion and Fate immediately, because that's the first time she got serious. Maybe she got serious when she dropped that piece of land on Klarion in the previous fight, but she was smiling and such, so it looks much less serious compared to her final moments.

Edit: This idea that Klarion & Fate ~ Child is the thing that seem inconsistent it's more like Child > Klarion & Fate. Child could have really stomped them at anytime. Now again, I already said multiplier is unquantifiable anyway, but the idea that Child isn't blatantly above everyone else just seems wrong.

Last edited:
That moment when Klarion sliced Child in half because she just stood there and improvised a human scream to put "oomph" into it as she said. Other than that, I don't remember Klarion even getting a single hit on her. If you're thinking of those brief moments when Klarion and Child's magic beams or whatever are clashing, I mean unless you think Klarion is as powerful as several chaos lords combined (possibly in the thousands), then it seems to me Child was holding back and playing with her food.
Seems reasonable.

So Klarion scaling to amped Child is an outlier, since it's way above anything he's plausibly done, &/or Plot-Induced Stupidity, since the clashes were just to look cool & almost certainly not accurate to the power level?

Would Klarion &/or Fate be anywhere near unamped Child's power level? I would assume so, but I wanna know what other things.

So Klarion scaling to amped Child is an outlier, since it's way above anything he's plausibly done, &/or Plot-Induced Stupidity, since the clashes were just to look cool & almost certainly not accurate to the power level?
Outlier? Only if Child said she was going full power. Personally, mostly because of the way she acts and being arrogant the whole arc, I believe Child was simply holding back. So yeah the clashes and what not were not a reflection of Child's power level, ye.
Would Klarion &/or Fate be anywhere near unamped Child's power level? I would assume so, but I wanna know what other things.
We never actually seen an unamped Child fight because, even the chaos lords stopped giving her power, she still had leftover power from the amp saved up and used it against Klarion & Fate and then stomped them. I personally believe all the chaos lords and lords of order are all the same power level in base, otherwise there would be unbalance in the universe. So ye, a hypothetical base Child would be equal to Klarion or Fate.

Incidentally, does anyone have any plans for 'verse-related edits, be they small or large in scale?

There were some calcs done recently actually and added to the profiles, but only for Klarion, Child and Doctor Fate though.
yeah I saw and evaluated those in that thread now I'm just doing work for everyone because man these guys really get the short end of the stick

Ms. Martian should have subsonic flight speeds since she could keep pace with drone bombers in episode 9

drone bombers can move at speeds of 250MPH and Mach 0.3 according to these sources

cleaned up the verse page and added a calc list tabber and posters to it

cleaned up the verse page and added a calc list tabber and posters to it
Idk if I have permission to do this, but the "Power of the verse" section should be updated and added how Multi-Continental level is the cap of the verse instead of large building+.

Going to be updating this with 3 or 4 more calcs
I appreciate your efforts, although, as I elaborated in my comments on your blogs just now, your methodology is concerningly flawed.

In brief, you're using height from fanmade character templates (The images say SGPA on Deviantart & Strawberry Ink Studios, which I'm confident are not official.), for which, in the descriptions of the submissions of them on Deviantart, the author mentions not knowing actual real heights & weights & says they "just guessed".

I think it would be more worthwhile to determine height & such via alternate means. One means, for example, would be the character ages.

We know via Ask Greg that Bart was 13 when he came from the year 2056, Superboy is physiologically 16 & Artemis is considered under "canon-in-training" (The YJ Wiki seems to use this to mean it's yet to be confirmed in-universe.) that Artemis was born in 1995, which can be used to determine her age for various events in the series.
(They also seem to consider their listing of Kid Flash's birth year of 2043 as "canon-in-training". Bart coming from 2056 was an officially given fact in the show with precise year, right? Or am I misremembering?)

Weisman, Greg (writer) & Murphy, Doug (director) (September 29, 2012). "Satisfaction". Young Justice. Season 2. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
Gross, Ed (2010-12-26). Young Justice: Illustrated Character Bios [dead link]. SuperHero Tooniverse. Retrieved 2011-02-12. Archived 2013-06-17.

It's also possible there may be more info to find in SuperHero Tooniverse Character Bios, like how Artemis's birth year seems to have been derived from that. I haven't looked into them, but it may be worth checking what info they provide, too.

Sorry for any bother or inconvenience with all the words, & how this may hinder your calc work.

Last edited:
I appreciate your efforts, although, as I elaborated in my comments on your blogs just now, your methodology is concerningly flawed.

In brief, you're using height from a fanmade character template (The images say SGPA on Deviantart & Strawberry Ink Studios, which I'm confident are not official.), for which, in the descriptions of the submissions of them on Deviantart, the author mentions not knowing actual real heights & weights & says they "just guessed".

I think it would be more worthwhile to determine height & such via alternate means. One means, for example, would be the character ages.

We know via Ask Greg that Bart was 13 when he came from the year 2056, Superboy is physiologically 16 & Artemis is considered under "canon-in-training" (The YJ Wiki seems to use this to mean it's yet to be confirmed in-universe.) that Artemis was born in 1995, which can be used to determine her age for various events in the series.
(They also seem to consider their listing of Kid Flash's birth year of 2043 as canon-in-training. Bart coming from 2056 was an officially given fact in the show with precise year, right? Or am I misremembering?)

Weisman, Greg (writer) & Murphy, Doug (director) (September 29, 2012). "Satisfaction". Young Justice. Season 2. Episode 8. Cartoon Network.
Gross, Ed (2010-12-26). Young Justice: Illustrated Character Bios [dead link]. SuperHero Tooniverse. Retrieved 2011-02-12. Archived 2013-06-17.

It's also possible there may be more info to find in SuperHero Tooniverse Character Bios, like how Artemis's birth year seems to have been derived from that. I haven't looked into them, but it may be worth checking what info they provide, too.

Sorry for any bother or inconvenience with all the words, & how this may hinder your calc work.
Its all good thanks for pointing that out i had previously thought those were offical but I see now they aren't so that's my bad, I'll have to fix them when I have the time

Its all good thanks for pointing that out i had previously thought those were offical but I see now they aren't so that's my bad, I'll have to fix them when I have the time
Good luck! I assure you, although I might have slightly undermined it, I do so out of my own desire for accuracy, & I always see your hard work, dedication & passion as admirable & inspirational, if you'll pardon me using such somewhat fanciful language.

Good luck! I assure you, although I might have slightly undermined it, I do so out of my own desire for accuracy, & I always see your hard work, dedication & passion as admirable & inspirational, if you'll pardon me using such somewhat fanciful language.
Lol its all good I completely understand what you mean🙏

Disregard that, I found the Wally feat via looking up the dialogue in the clip.

The 1st feat is from Coldhearted. Quote the Wiki:

Kid Flash celebrated his sixteenth birthday with a "surprise" party at the Cave. He then transported a heart for transplant across the country, foiling Count Vertigo's attempt to kill Queen Perdita and take the Vlatavan throne.[1]

Your recalc assumes 15, but Wally had actually just turned 16 during the episode of that feat.

Since he just turned 16, he's probably like, 6 months off of the average for a 15 year old & also 6 months off from the average for a 16 year old. But the difference this makes could be negligible. (Plus, I'm unsure @Armorchompy will appreciate me giving reason for them to evaluate again.)

Anyway, for the 1st Superboy calc, I'm wondering where it's from. Wanna be sure if it's Match or not.

The first superboy calc is from episode 2 and the other 2 are from episode 9

The first superboy calc is from episode 2 and the other 2 are from episode 9
Oh okay, yeah, that's Superboy.

Just wanted to be sure about timeline by ages:

That page is full of spoilers, but....

"Officially, the series does not have a canon year, but for season one, the producers used 2010 as the basis for days of the week and calculating time relative to events in the past. Thus the year 2010 is used for season one in this timeline. In "Schooled", a plaque read 2011, however, this is an error.[3] During the non-canon radio play Musicology 101: Songs of the Theme, written by Greg Weisman, it is stated that season one occured between July 4, 2010 and January 1, 2011.

Beginning with issue #20, the companion comic started adding Team Years to their timestamps. Team Years correspond to calendar years (January–December). Season one (2010) is set as Team Year Zero.[4]"

IDK if we can account for the years as part of the timeline, but it may be worth considering. The show has dozens of timestamps, although years often aren't listed, but a coherent timeline can still generally be assembled.

May be relevant when using age-based height.

Thankfully, I don't think it affects any of your calcs so far.

Hopefully this is helpful, or at least interesting!

Back