• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e downgrade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vzearr

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e downgrade thread:​

[2/???]​

I've a few problems here.​
  1. This scales to Kouenji's and Ayanokouji's attack potency. In the thread for this upgrade there wasn't any reasoning for this to scale to their attack potency. Ayanokouji nor Kouenji have ever fought or hurt each other. Which is why the feat should be limited to durability.​
  2. This feat should be limited to a "possibly" rating. In the video of Kouenji jumping off the cliff we see from this angle that he seemingly jumps into trees, from this angle we see that where he jumped too is more then likely surrounded by trees. Its quite possible (In fact I'd say its more then likely the case) that Kouenji had his fall cushioned by trees. An argument against Kouenji's fall being comforted by trees is that there aren't any sharp tears on his clothing afterwards, I personally don't really agree with this for a few reasons:​
1. Falling through trees doesn't necessitate having tears on your clothing. The chances falling through trees is gonna tear extremely good quality clothing like Kouenji's (Uniforms were provided by the school, the school in question is an extremely prestigious school, so, chances are, the uniforms would be extremely good quality) is pretty minimal imo.
2. Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e isn't the best at details. Here we see Ryuen's blood splattered on the floor and then 10 seconds later the blood has miraculously disappeared. Here, the blue paint on the wall is below Horikita's shoulders (The girl) but a few seconds later its above her eye level. General inconsistencies like this are common with anime studios, so, expecting them to be precise with tears on a characters uniform is a reach.

These changes would bring the Ayanokouji and Kouenji's attack potency to Street level/Street level+. Changing Kouenji's durability (And Ayanokouji's I guess?) to possibly Wall level.

I agree with the changes, trees can slow down your decent enough that you can survive large falls, even regular people have survived skydiving accidents by landing in trees, so he probably shouldn't scale to that

This scales to Kouenji's and Ayanokouji's attack potency. In the thread for this upgrade there wasn't any reasoning for this to scale to their attack potency. Ayanokouji nor Kouenji have ever fought or hurt each other. Which is why the feat should be limited to durability.​
This is due to the Y2V3 confrontation between both.
This feat should be limited to a "possibly" rating. In the video of Kouenji jumping off the cliff we see from this angle that he seemingly jumps into trees, from this angle we see that where he jumped too is more then likely surrounded by trees. Its quite possible (In fact I'd say its more then likely the case) that Kouenji had his fall cushioned by trees. An argument against Kouenji's fall being comforted by trees is that there aren't any sharp tears on his clothing afterwards, I personally don't really agree with this for a few reasons:
1. Falling through trees doesn't necessitate having tears on your clothing. The chances falling through trees is gonna tear extremely good quality clothing like Kouenji's (Uniforms were provided by the school, the school in question is an extremely prestigious school, so, chances are, the uniforms would be extremely good quality) is pretty minimal imo.
This is very wrong. The first thing is that this will be assuming that he is jumping on a conifer. And it is common knowledge that they have prickles. This debunk is very wrong as it directly says that Kouenji would take the risk of harming himself without being confident of that, which is not true since the only person who Kouenji cares about is himself, so him taking this risk is not even justifiable.

Secondly, he's possessing about 50 kg of energy and that's a given, no fabric in the world except for clothes which are used in the war I guess would be surviving that.

Kinoshita and Komiya had dirtied and scratched clothes (which are the same clothes as this feat) when they fell down a cliff (which for sure isn't as high as the one Kouenji jumped). And that was due to getting clothes done against a mountain cliff, here we are talking about that happening against a tree, which is simply much worse for a cloth.

MEJIq5W.png

2. Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e isn't the best at details. Here we see Ryuen's blood splattered on the floor and then 10 seconds later the blood has miraculously disappeared. Here, the blue paint on the wall is below Horikita's shoulders (The girl) but a few seconds later its above her eye level. General inconsistencies like this are common with anime studios, so, expecting them to be precise with tears on a characters uniform is a reach.
Inconsistency in animation is done with even the biggest anime produced. What you are nitpicking is called an inconsistency, which is not following what was shown before. For this, you would need to mention that active COTE animations deliberately miss logically what should have happened. The scenes you show at least show the intended objects once, not like they never show it.
Also, the feat happens in S3, which had a much better budget than the previous two seasons, and you can still find inconsistencies though, inconsistencies like at least showing things for once and deliberately not showing what should have logically happened is a very different thing.

This is due to the Y2V3 confrontation between both.
Ayanokouji nor Kouenji have ever fought or hurt each other. Which is why the feat should be limited to durability.
This is very wrong. The first thing is that this will be assuming that he is jumping on a conifer. And it is common knowledge that they have prickles. This debunk is very wrong as it directly says that Kouenji would take the risk of harming himself without being confident of that, which is not true since the only person who Kouenji cares about is himself, so him taking this risk is not even justifiable.
Isn't the risk of him harming himself, mitigated by the likelihood of him landing on trees? Unless you're saying that landing in trees would harm you more then a 60 meter jump, which is quite the statement. Also, where did you get the idea that he's jumping onto conifer trees?
Secondly, he's possessing about 50 kg of energy and that's a given, no fabric in the world except for clothes which are used in the war I guess would be surviving that.
Could you prove that? Because that's an absurd claim.
Kinoshita and Komiya had dirtied and scratched clothes (which are the same clothes as this feat) when they fell down a cliff (which for sure isn't as high as the one Kouenji jumped). And that was due to getting clothes done against a mountain cliff, here we are talking about that happening against a tree, which is simply much worse for a cloth.

MEJIq5W.png
Thanks for using the light novel to defend the anime studio not including dirtied or scratched clothes (when they're incredibly inconsistent with their art). No.
Inconsistency in animation is done with even the biggest anime produced. What you are nitpicking is called an inconsistency, which is not following what was shown before. For this, you would need to mention that active COTE animations deliberately miss logically what should have happened. The scenes you show at least show the intended objects once, not like they never show it.
I suppose it'd be better described as an oversight then.
Also, the feat happens in S3, which had a much better budget than the previous two seasons, and you can still find inconsistencies though, inconsistencies like at least showing things for once and deliberately not showing what should have logically happened is a very different thing.
Can you prove that? I'll also find more inconsistencies/oversights if you want. However, I wanted to touch on this:
you can still find inconsistencies though, inconsistencies like at least showing things for once and deliberately not showing what should have logically happened is a very different thing.
What should have logically happened in this scene was Ryueen's blood splatter to still be on the ground a few seconds later, but it wasn't.

Isn't the risk of him harming himself, mitigated by the likelihood of him landing on trees?
Landing on trees is also harming yourself, if not, even more, considering how conifers have prickles, and it can harm you and can make a hole or two (much more) in you for sure.
Unless you're saying that landing in trees would harm you more then a 60 meter jump, which is quite the statement. Also, where did you get the idea that he's jumping onto conifer trees?
Watch the trees, and this only applies if you do assume that he will land on trees. The only other vegetation is shrubs. You cannot even assume about landing on shrubs, shrubs would hardly break the fall and landing into them is also harming yourself, which again, goes against his character nature.
Could you prove that? Because that's an absurd claim.
I typed out "kg" instead of "kJ", I realized that now when I read it.

But again, I don't need to prove that the clothes aren't durable to sustain that kind of damage, because there already are scenes where there pretty much is damage to the clothes over less damage.
Thanks for using the light novel to defend the anime studio not including dirtied or scratched clothes (when they're incredibly inconsistent with their art). No.
That's not to defend that, that's to defend the part where you say that the clothes are durable to the point of not getting scratches over taking damage from the trees. Basically, about what you said for the clothes being of good quality due to them being in an elite school. I wanted to prove that the school clothes aren't that durable to give that assumption.
I suppose it'd be better described as an oversight then.
That's not an oversight. The anime production team itself made Kouenji jump like 50 meters off a mount
Can you prove that? I'll also find more inconsistencies/oversights if you want. However, I wanted to touch on this:

What should have logically happened in this scene was Ryueen's blood splatter to still be on the ground a few seconds later, but it wasn't.
The scenes you show are logically not relatable to this scene. I explained this before as well. Not showing a detail again after showing it once cannot explain never showing a detail. 😭 Pokémon also shows Ash getting scratches for once but he becomes a guy without any scratches in the next few scenes without ever getting to change or anything, things like non-repetition of details in animation is common and that can be pointed even in shows like Attack on Titan or Demon Slayer which have the reputation of having high budgets. Again, you are misunderstanding non-repetition and using it to explain something which is never shown. Inconsistencies in animation =/= Details secrecy.

The anime intended to add the feat to the anime and the author also agreed with it being up to the story in the meeting with the production team. So, the very first thing is that they showed him jumping up from a mountain, the second thing is that would be harming oneself which contradicts Kouenji's nature (i.e. if he wasn't sure about having enough power to survive that fall). If the production team intended on having him land on trees, then it's common sense that production teams, which are trained to go with sensible representations, would show the marks on his clothes for once, and then, they might make it disappear due to not wanting to extend the budget, but the point is that they never showed it in the first place.

Also, we did discuss this before as well. The only newer argument you brought I think was about the quality of the fabric to downgrade the nature of the feat. which is not supported by what happens in the series. I don't see the need to do this anymore.

Landing on trees is also harming yourself, if not, even more, considering how conifers have prickles, and it can harm you and can make a hole or two (much more) in you for sure.
Getting a few potential cuts and getting hit with 49 kilojoules worth of energy are not equivalent in terms of damage.
Watch the trees, and this only applies if you do assume that he will land on trees. The only other vegetation is shrubs. You cannot even assume about landing on shrubs, shrubs would hardly break the fall and landing into them is also harming yourself, which again, goes against his character nature.
The trees he falls into do not appear to be coniferous trees. Could you prove that they are coniferous trees?
I typed out "kg" instead of "kJ", I realized that now when I read it.
Yeah I did get sort of confused 😅.
But again, I don't need to prove that the clothes aren't durable to sustain that kind of damage, because there already are scenes where there pretty much is damage to the clothes over less damage.
Hitchens' razor.
That's not to defend that, that's to defend the part where you say that the clothes are durable to the point of not getting scratches over taking damage from the trees. Basically, about what you said for the clothes being of good quality due to them being in an elite school. I wanted to prove that the school clothes aren't that durable to give that assumption.
I didn't make an assumption, I gave an opinion. Anyhow, comparing falling down a cliff to falling through trees is quite a leap.
That's not an oversight. The anime production team itself made Kouenji jump like 50 meters off a mount
The oversight would be him having no tears on his clothing.
The scenes you show are logically not relatable to this scene. I explained this before as well. Not showing a detail again after showing it once cannot explain never showing a detail. 😭 Pokémon also shows Ash getting scratches for once but he becomes a guy without any scratches in the next few scenes without ever getting to change or anything, things like non-repetition of details in animation is common and that can be pointed even in shows like Attack on Titan or Demon Slayer which have the reputation of having high budgets. Again, you are misunderstanding non-repetition and using it to explain something which is never shown. Inconsistencies in animation =/= Details secrecy.
It'll take me a while to look through the episodes to find more oversights, so, I'll pick this point up after we conclude the other things.

I think this is a silly arguement, litteraly every source you can find online about how to survive a large fall says to aim for trees, because the multiple impacts with branches will slow your fall enough that you can realistically survive, and that risking getting stabbed by a prickly branch is a far better outcome than hitting the floor and dying instantly. It's better to risk a few cuts and stabs than to break every bone in your body landing on the ground. Again, people who skydive are reccommended to aim for trees if things go wrong, and that's a far higher fall than what Kouenji experienced

There are also ways you can land on the ground to reduce the damage you take from falls, as that's what a lot of stunt preformers do, and I wouldn't be shocked if Kouenji knew how to do that

And I mainly agre with Vzearr with most of the other arguements

I think this is a silly arguement, litteraly every source you can find online about how to survive a large fall says to aim for trees, because the multiple impacts with branches will slow your fall enough that you can realistically survive, and that risking getting stabbed by a prickly branch is a far better outcome than hitting the floor and dying instantly. It's better to risk a few cuts and stabs than to break every bone in your body landing on the ground. Again, people who skydive are reccommended to aim for trees if things go wrong, and that's a far higher fall than what Kouenji experienced
And I am very aware of that. The only thing which we are mentioning is that Kouenji should have injuries if he did land on trees, considering how dense the trees look.

And it's basically saying that Kouenji is an idiot and a suicidal for just jumping a mountain without having the correct abilities to do it.
There are also ways you can land on the ground to reduce the damage you take from falls, as that's what a lot of stunt preformers do, and I wouldn't be shocked if Kouenji knew how to do that
Kouenji is an acrobat, yes. But the point is that the injuries and the bruises are very probable in those cases.

And now when I note that, skydividing clothes are actually the type of fabric which can take those scratches.
And I mainly agre with Vzearr with most of the other arguements
That's fine. The only thing is that the thread about this was passed like a month or two ago, and he participated in that thread as well, the only new thing brought is raising the assumption about the quality of the clothes, which isn't true, so I honestly don't see the need to do this further, considering how it's advised to refrain from making threads before 3-4 months after the original thread without any special reason.

Also, you can find inconsistencies in drawings of even mangas or novels, the only thing is that they are somehow taken to face value while we are trying to blame a studio for "overrating" a feat.

Either way, just after this feat, we get the scene of Kouenji lifting the boar, so in this feat, we see bruises and marks on a literal wild boar, which is like really going the detail because they made made bruises and marks on a wild boar, so them just forgetting to make it on a human is bad logic. The anime itself planned to use this themselves and add it to the anime, so their storyboarding wouldn't even be based on something but was just confirmed with the author, this would only add more assumptions as that would be assuming that the animators who are trained to make logical stuff somehow just forgot to make something.

The boar having bruises and Kouenji being completely fine (note that this is just after this "controversial" feat):
B4e790p.png

You didn't respond to my points.
Getting a few potential cuts and getting hit with 49 kilojoules worth of energy are not equivalent in terms of damage.

The trees he falls into do not appear to be coniferous trees. Could you prove that they are coniferous trees?

Yeah I did get sort of confused 😅.

Hitchens' razor.

I didn't make an assumption, I gave an opinion. Anyhow, comparing falling down a cliff to falling through trees is quite a leap.

The oversight would be him having no tears on his clothing.

.That's fine. The only thing is that the thread about this was passed like a month or two ago, and he participated in that thread as well, the only new thing brought is raising the assumption about the quality of the clothes, which isn't true, so I honestly don't see the need to do this further, considering how it's advised to refrain from making threads before 3-4 months after the original thread without any special reason.

Hmmm. Okay, if he doesn't want to continue the debate I'll start to ask staff to evaluate the thread.

What part of "You need to wait 3-4 months before starting the same topic again" you don't get?

Blantanly trying to break the rules now?
We debated back and forth for 10 replies. That certainly doesn't fall under the discussion rule of "This only applies to threads that have received extensive debate" 😅.

We debated back and forth for 10 replies. That certainly doesn't fall under the discussion rule of "This only applies to threads that have received extensive debate" 😅.
We also debated the feat in this thread;

Yes, I didn't, but I noticed that your points were the same as that in the thread which was to propose the feat first. The only new thing you brought in this thread was about the clothes' quality which is not true as I mentioned. I don't see why I should waste the time of us both if you don't have any newer ones.

And I will mention that if you still have doubts about a feat, then don't just stop debating out of nowhere. You stopped debating about this in the thread made specifically for the proposal of this feat like 4 days before its closure.

Still, if you want, I will not do the "No, it isn't." kind of thing against "The proof of him using the tree to break his fall is that the animators forgot to make the bruises on him", the very first thing is that they kind of remembered to make bruises on a literal animal like a boar, but they forgot to do it on a human.
Except for the shrub and small tree population, a conifer is the tallest enough to break his decent.
OLTSCU3.png

And as mentioned, landing on a shrub or tree population of that kind can be dangerous and prediction of the position of branch is also difficult.

Also, I searched and found that it is also not advised to land on trees when free-falling (like in a scenario where the parachute fails).

q21aC6D.png

zetsu won this debate it looks like
Vzearr won this debate it looks like
Zetsu's proposal got accepted before, yes. 🙏

Still, if you want, I will not do the "No, it isn't." kind of thing against "The proof of him using the tree to break his fall is that the animators forgot to make the bruises on him", the very first thing is that they kind of remembered to make bruises on a literal animal like a boar, but they forgot to do it on a human.
Eh, details like that are like details on characters (Like Kiyotaka having brown hair). I don't think they really correspond to showing details with things like potentially having a cut on your clothing.
Except for the shrub and small tree population, a conifer is the tallest enough to break his decent.
OLTSCU3.png
He doesn't seem to fall into the tallest trees.
Also, I searched and found that it is also not advised to land on trees when free-falling (like in a scenario where the parachute fails).

q21aC6D.png
ChatGPT isn't a reliable source 😅. Sources generally say to aim for trees (Yes I know wikihow isn't a reliable source either).

Last edited:
Eh, details like that are like details on characters (Like Kiyotaka having brown hair). I don't think they really correspond to showing details with things like potentially having a cut on your clothing.
They do, if they remember "we should put bruises on an animal because it would make sense as Kouenji hurt him", then they should also remember "we should at least show Kouenji's clothes or even him being in a not-so-good condition because we originally intended on Kouenji using a tree to survive that", and I am not even milking a random scene, this boar bruises thing is like kind of right after the feat, so it shouldn't be like the production team's attention span suddenly reduced when drawing a single thing.
Mentioning this in like another thread, but the area where he would be landing is covered by a cliff under it uff. And as said, landing on a bush or a tree isn't the best thing you can do to be in the condition like Kouenji.
ChatGPT isn't a reliable source 😅. Sources generally say to aim for trees.
I know ChatGPT isn't reliable, but I forgot to send it all lol, my original message to ChatGPT before was something like "Is it possible to land safely without any injuries, cuts or bruises when the parachute fails?", because ChatGPT shows the same thing as those source, but the point is that a huge number of these sources prioritize survival (like living), and they don't mention anything for "not even having a single cut and being completely fine" kind of thing. And I have seen that How to Survive video, they literally make videos on survival, and even they mentioned that nothing can save you fully, you will have to lose a leg or get injuries.

They do, if they remember "we should put bruises on an animal because it would make sense as Kouenji hurt him", then they should also remember "we should at least show Kouenji's clothes or even him being in a not-so-good condition because we originally intended on Kouenji using a tree to survive that", and I am not even milking a random scene, this boar bruises thing is like kind of right after the feat, so it shouldn't be like the production team's attention span suddenly reduced when drawing a single thing.
Oh! You're saying those bruises on the boar were from Kouenji! Well, I'll tell you now, scars don't heal that quickly. If those scars on the boar were from Kouenji, then they'd more than likely have blood on the surrounding area and most certainly wouldn't look closed off.

Edit: This message sounded a bit condescending. I didn't mean it that way 😅.
Mentioning this in like another thread, but the area where he would be landing is covered by a cliff under it uff. And as said, landing on a bush or a tree isn't the best thing you can do to be in the condition like Kouenji.
Landing in a bush or trees would definitely soften the fall and lessen any damage taken from the fall.
I know ChatGPT isn't reliable, but I forgot to send it all lol, my original message to ChatGPT before was something like "Is it possible to land safely without any injuries, cuts or bruises when the parachute fails?", because ChatGPT shows the same thing as those source, but the point is that a huge number of these sources prioritize survival (like living), and they don't mention anything for "not even having a single cut and being completely fine" kind of thing. And I have seen that How to Survive video, they literally make videos on survival, and even they mentioned that nothing can save you fully, you will have to lose a leg or get injuries.
Well, landing in a bush or trees is still recommended because it will more than likely result in fewer injuries than landing on solid ground.

Last edited:
Oh! You're saying those bruises on the boar were from Kouenji! Well, I'll tell you now, scars don't heal that quickly. If those scars on the boar were from Kouenji, then they'd more than likely have blood on the surrounding area and most certainly wouldn't look closed off.
It depends a lot on art style. It might be not favorable for them to animate art, and they usually don't do that as well, the maximum they have done was in the Ryuuen-episode, and the next one will probably be in Season 4 (might be a small spoiler of basically no lead). Like using the used example, Pokémon shows no blood in any of the official episodes afaik. And boars commonly don't have spots like that on their body.
Edit: This message sounded a bit condescending. I didn't mean it that way 😅.
I usually don't care about condescending or provocative messages in VSBW generally in debating, so it's fine, a little sarcasm is always good.
Landing in a bush or trees would definitely soften the fall and lessen any damage taken from the fall.

Well, landing in a bush or trees is still recommended because it will more than likely result in fewer injuries than landing on solid ground.
"fewer" is still something tbh, Kouenji looks perfectly fine, and with full of energy, on top of that.

I will mention again that this assumption still goes against Kouenji's nature in general. His narcissism kind of proves that. If that's not enough, then Nucha (one of the COTE work analysts) pointed out how Kouenji didn't even participate in exams which had a greater chance of expulsion with rewards not on the same degree.

It depends a lot on art style. It might be not favorable for them to animate art, and they usually don't do that as well, the maximum they have done was in the Ryuuen-episode, and the next one will probably be in Season 4 (might be a small spoiler of basically no lead). Like using the used example, Pokémon shows no blood in any of the official episodes afaik. And boars commonly don't have spots like that on their body.
Well, yeah, but those spots definitely aren't from Kouenji for the following reasons:
  1. The boar has cuts on it that certainly can't be attained from humans. The cuts/spots are more than likely from feline predators it's fought over its lifetime. Further reasoning behind why the cuts wouldn't be from Kouenji is because they're sealed, and there's no blood around them. Unless days had passed from the time Kouenji fought the boar, there would still be noticeable stains of blood with the wounds remaining open.
I will mention again that this assumption still goes against Kouenji's nature in general. His narcissism kind of proves that. If that's not enough, then Nucha (one of the COTE work analysts) pointed out how Kouenji didn't even participate in exams which had a greater chance of expulsion with rewards not on the same degree.
Jumping off a cliff seems extremely narcissistic and fitting of Kouenji's nature. Landing on some trees also isn't necesarily his choice due to the cliff being surrounded by them.

So if this were to be accepted, what feats would they scale to for AP?
I missed this 😅. I believe Ayanokouji would scale to 9.92 kilojoules and Kouenji would scale to 4 kilojoules (I think, I don't know much about the scaling chain).

Well, yeah, but those spots definitely aren't from Kouenji for the following reasons:
  1. The boar has cuts on it that certainly can't be attained from humans. The cuts/spots are more than likely from feline predators it's fought over its lifetime. Further reasoning behind why the cuts wouldn't be from Kouenji is because they're sealed, and there's no blood around them. Unless days had passed from the time Kouenji fought the boar, there would still be noticeable stains of blood with the wounds remaining open.
Well, that can be, but my purpose isn't that what they were inflicted from, but rather that the studio remembered to put some extra details on a boar and not on a literal human.
Jumping off a cliff seems extremely narcissistic and fitting of Kouenji's nature. Landing on some trees also isn't necesarily his choice due to the cliff being surrounded by them.
He can control his trajectory and likewise predict the fall, that's at least what he can do, but there's no way he can see a branch to clasp or predict it just from where he was. That's the point.

Well, that can be, but my purpose isn't that what they were inflicted from, but rather that the studio remembered to put some extra details on a boar and not on a literal human.
I don't think they correlate that well. I also don't think he fell into coniferous trees, so the chances of him having tears on his clothing is mediocre.
He can control his trajectory and likewise predict the fall, that's at least what he can do, but there's no way he can see a branch to clasp or predict it just from where he was. That's the point.
Predict the fall into what. Again, the cliff is surrounded by trees.

Last edited:
I don't think they correlate that well. I also don't think he fell into coniferous trees, so the chances of him having tears on his clothing is mediocre.

The cliff isn’t completely surrounded by trees. We never see where Koenji lands but we can use some information given to us to get the most accurate assessment of where he landed.

The reason Koenji jumped off in the first place was because he spotted a boar. When we get to the boar scene, the area in which they are in is a dead spot, which makes it very easy for Koenji to spot the boar from up-top. Boars are known to be very aggressive when they are cornered so the chances of it running away from the area are slim. With this information, we can conclude that Koenji landed either in the dead spot or on the trees next to the dead spot.

Now to determine if Koenji used trees to break his fall. Koenji has a God complex. He sees himself to be superior to Humans in every way possible. While using the trees to break his fall wouldn’t be strange for him to do, it still carries the risk of him getting cut or stabbed. Even if the chances of it are mediocre, it still would taint his God complex from getting any injury. Obviously not using the trees to break your fall is much more dangerous as we are talking about 49KJ. Koenji is not a stupid guy. If he was truly at risk of getting hurt from that jump, he wouldn’t have taken the chance. He knew he could withstand the impact which is why he did it in the first place. Unless you want to argue Koenji possibly has stab/cut resistance, it would be the safer option for him of the two.

In the aftermath, Koenji doesn’t have a single injury. No leaves or dirt on his clothes either. If Koenji rolled to reduce the impact, he would obviously get dirt on his clothes, especially since it would be a roll reducing the impact of a 50m fall.

The cliff isn’t completely surrounded by trees. We never see where Koenji lands but we can use some information given to us to get the most accurate assessment of where he landed.

The reason Koenji jumped off in the first place was because he spotted a boar. When we get to the boar scene, the area in which they are in is a dead spot, which makes it very easy for Koenji to spot the boar from up-top. Boars are known to be very aggressive when they are cornered so the chances of it running away from the area are slim. With this information, we can conclude that Koenji landed either in the dead spot or on the trees next to the dead spot.

Now to determine if Koenji used trees to break his fall. Koenji has a God complex. He sees himself to be superior to Humans in every way possible. While using the trees to break his fall wouldn’t be strange for him to do, it still carries the risk of him getting cut or stabbed. Even if the chances of it are mediocre, it still would taint his God complex from getting any injury. Obviously not using the trees to break your fall is much more dangerous as we are talking about 49KJ. Koenji is not a stupid guy. If he was truly at risk of getting hurt from that jump, he wouldn’t have taken the chance. He knew he could withstand the impact which is why he did it in the first place. Unless you want to argue Koenji possibly has stab/cut resistance, it would be the safer option for him of the two.

In the aftermath, Koenji doesn’t have a single injury. No leaves or dirt on his clothes either. If Koenji rolled to reduce the impact, he would obviously get dirt on his clothes, especially since it would be a roll reducing the impact of a 50m fall.
  1. You're saying that he landed in a dead spot of the forest, and then you go on to say that boars get aggressive when they're cornered. There is no way that a boar would be cornered in a dead spot of the forest by a single human. It would have many places to run, which is why it'd be odd to assume that the boar felt cornered. Your conclusion doesn't make sense.
  2. Another completely valid interpretation would be that he knew the risk of jumping straight into a dead spot, therefore, he jumped into the trees to protect his god complex. If he jumped straight into the dead spot, he ran the risk of his legs being broken, which would be much more embarrassing than having a cut from a tree. Something that supports my interpretation would be this feat of Ayanokouji "not remembering what happened afterward" after falling down a 10-meter slope, which would imply that he got pretty badly injured from the fall. Ayanokouji is the number 1 inverse so if he struggled with tanking 8.1 kilojoules of energy, the chances of Kouenji tanking something with 6x as much force would be pretty low.

The trees hardly have two to three layers of branches which would never break his fall but just elastically divert it, and shrubs don't look that promising to land on either, please change this lol.
I believe it's the angle and the height which makes the area being surrounded by trees, because we do know that they really aren't very close from the closer angles from the clips of the entire forest. He himself should be able to have a good look icl.

Something that supports my interpretation would be this feat of Ayanokouji "not remembering what happened afterward" after falling down a 10-meter slope, which would imply that he got pretty badly injured from the fall. Ayanokouji is the number 1 inverse so if he struggled with tanking 8.1 kilojoules of energy, the chances of Kouenji tanking something with 6x as much force would be pretty low.
I honestly am trying to find this feat in the novel rn before making a thread to downgrade this. I know I made a calculation on that, but mine was a recalc, I originally intended to find it myself, but I couldn't, so I asked one of my friends who is currently reading the novel from the start to find something similar to this. The thing is that when you search about it on Google, it shows a site which shows this as being a "fanfiction", meaning that this feat could very well be just a scene of fanfiction.

Precisely here.

But yes, the formatting of the site and the one which Clout captured when he first calculated the feat (which later got downgraded but I recalced it to a lower value) are different, and Clout is a trustable individual with no such cases of fake scans creation, so I think I can find it (and I do remember reading it somewhere back). So, don't use this scan here please.

Also, the link I shared before can also be the true source, many people on the internet upload COTE novels as fan-fictions, changing the stuff a bit but keeping the story the same, and Clout didn't capture it from here for sure as the formatting is different. The link also shows that Ayanokouji wasn't pretty badly injured, as he also carried Suzune on her back. The one more factor is that they are rolling down, and it can also cause scratching of skin which can give injuries to even high-level characters.

The trees hardly have two to three layers of branches which would never break his fall but just elastically divert it, and shrubs don't look that promising to land on either, please change this lol.
They would slow his fall down making the energy he "tanks" significantly less, I don't think I ever claimed that they would break his fall completely.
I believe it's the angle and the height which makes the area being surrounded by trees, because we do know that they really aren't very close from the closer angles from the clips of the entire forest. He himself should be able to have a good look icl.
What.

They would slow his fall down making the energy he "tanks" significantly less, I don't think I ever claimed that they would break his fall completely.
"just elastically divert it", I did mention it.
What I meant is that the trees are too tall that they cover the areas where there aren't trees, and many jungles will look like that when seen from such a place, while they aren't like they don't have any empty spaces between trees.

Also, I don't know if this helps. But Kouenji also has a narcissistic attitude of highly maintaining his "beauty", so the risk of getting things dirty shouldn't be the case with him that way as well.

Now when I mention it, except for the weaker argument of "they forgot to animate things on his clothes". there is hardly any reason which supports the reasoning against the feat.

1. You're saying that he landed in a dead spot of the forest, and then you go on to say that boars get aggressive when they're cornered. There is no way that a boar would be cornered in a dead spot of the forest by a single human. It would have many places to run, which is why it'd be odd to assume that the boar felt cornered. Your conclusion doesn't make sense.
  2. Another completely valid interpretation would be that he knew the risk of jumping straight into a dead spot, therefore, he jumped into the trees to protect his god complex. If he jumped straight into the dead spot, he ran the risk of his legs being broken, which would be much more embarrassing than having a cut from a tree. Something that supports my interpretation would be this feat of Ayanokouji "not remembering what happened afterward" after falling down a 10-meter slope, which would imply that he got pretty badly injured from the fall. Ayanokouji is the number 1 inverse so if he struggled with tanking 8.1 kilojoules of energy, the chances of Kouenji tanking something with 6x as much force would be pretty low.
1. I meant they get especially aggressive when they’re cornered, but they’re still aggressive either way. It’s one of the main reasons why Boars are so dangerous.

2. This was year 1 volume 3 I’m assuming. This was before Ayanokoji revealed his true self in the novel. Everyone knows the switch up from the first 3 volumes to now. Ayanokoji has shown time and time again that he’s an unreliable narrator, this was also at the time of him acting like a normal highschool student.

This was year 1 volume 3 I’m assuming. This was before Ayanokoji revealed his true self in the novel. Everyone knows the switch up from the first 3 volumes to now. Ayanokoji has shown time and time again that he’s an unreliable narrator, this was also at the time of him acting like a normal highschool student.
Yeah, Ayanokouji said "I think Manabu can oneshot me." at that time. He also said that he was tired on the Year 1 island and couldn't run more (literally lying to the reader) all while having much better feats in the Year 2 Island exam lol.

Yeah, Ayanokouji said "I think Manabu can oneshot me." at that time. He also said that he was tired on the Year 1 island and couldn't run more (literally lying to the reader) all while having much better feats in the Year 2 Island exam lol.
Also Ayanokoji was purposely getting Horikta hurt and sick so that she would drop out of the exam for his plan.

"just elastically divert it", I did mention it.
So what are you trying to argue for?
What I meant is that the trees are too tall that they cover the areas where there aren't trees, and many jungles will look like that when seen from such a place, while they aren't like they don't have any empty spaces between trees.
Falling through leaves would still indeed slow down your fall. Although I still think that he fell through branches judging by the landscape and reasoning above.
Now when I mention it, except for the weaker argument of "they forgot to animate things on his clothes". there is hardly any reason which supports the reasoning against the feat.
They didn't animate any bruising on the boar even though Kouenji killed it. I really don't think its much of a stretch.
1. I meant they get especially aggressive when they’re cornered, but they’re still aggressive either way. It’s one of the main reasons why Boars are so dangerous.
I'm pretty sure that boars generally run away from humans unless cornered.
2. This was year 1 volume 3 I’m assuming. This was before Ayanokoji revealed his true self in the novel. Everyone knows the switch up from the first 3 volumes to now. Ayanokoji has shown time and time again that he’s an unreliable narrator, this was also at the time of him acting like a normal highschool student.
Could you show me instances of his unreliable narration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back