• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e downgrade thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are you trying to argue for?
Just that it will do nothing.
Falling through leaves would still indeed slow down your fall. Although I still think that he fell through branches judging by the landscape and reasoning above.
The point is that falling through the leaves will still give you injuries and that will also have chances of branches coming in between.
They didn't animate any bruising on the boar even though Kouenji killed it. I really don't think its much of a stretch.
Might just be that Kouenji killed it without inflicting any serious external injuries. We can't go assuming that. Still, the fact that they animated a minor detail of some marks with an unknown cause on a boar still prevails.
I'm pretty sure that boars generally run away from humans unless cornered.
Kouenji did chase the boar, but the fact that any animal would attack you if you attacked them is common knowledge.

So what are you trying to argue for?

Falling through leaves would still indeed slow down your fall. Although I still think that he fell through branches judging by the landscape and reasoning above.

They didn't animate any bruising on the boar even though Kouenji killed it. I really don't think its much of a stretch.

I'm pretty sure that boars generally run away from humans unless cornered.

Could you show me instances of his unreliable narration.
I can’t do it right now.

Anyone else have free time to send proof of unreliable narration? @Inferno3054 probably has stuff on speed dial. Anyways volumes 1-3 in year 1 is a persona that Ayanokoji puts on to seem like a normal highschool student. He had left the white room about a year prior and this is his first time outside of it. There are even instances where he’s being a pervert or things along that route.

Just that it will do nothing.
Thats just wrong. Having your fall slowed down would mitigate the damage you take.
The point is that falling through the leaves will still give you injuries and that will also have chances of branches coming in between.
Not necessarily.
Still, the fact that they animated a minor detail of some marks with an unknown cause on a boar still prevails.
Why? I disagree but want to understand why you think that.
Kouenji did chase the boar, but the fact that any animal would attack you if you attacked them is common knowledge.
So you're assuming that he landed in another dead spot in the forest?
I can’t do it right now.

Anyone else have free time to send proof of unreliable narration? @Inferno3054 probably has stuff on speed dial. Anyways volumes 1-3 in year 1 is a persona that Ayanokoji puts on to seem like a normal highschool student. He had left the white room about a year prior and this is his first time outside of it. There are even instances where he’s being a pervert or things along that route.
Okay, no rush 😅.

Thats just wrong. Having your fall slowed down would mitigate the damage you take.
How would that slow down the fall in the first place? I will mention this later that falling through the leaves would do nothing. Still just note that for assuming that he doesn't get a single scratch due to branches, he will need to fall through leaves according to you, which I will mention later does hardly anything.
Not necessarily.
Falling through the leaves will somehow do the same amount of help as much as the air does. Like, if you don't believe me, slap a leave on the tree, you will hardly get any kind of deceleration in your slap.
Why? I disagree but want to understand why you think that.
It's simple, they are animating a minor thing while they should have animated Kouenji's clothes if they intended on doing it. And there's about only a 10s of seconds of time between the feat and the next appearance of Kouenji. No, this isn't convincing me, they would have left clues at the least. There's zero things fueling the assumption of there actually being scratches but animators just forgetting to animate it.

Well, there's also a statement where Ayanokouji mentions that Suzune can one-shot kill him. In my eyes, Ayanokouji still didn't show his full abilities until Year 1 Volume 7 and truly until Year 1 Volume 11.

hiFOwV4.png

How would that slow down the fall in the first place? I will mention this later that falling through the leaves would do nothing. Still just note that for assuming that he doesn't get a single scratch due to branches, he will need to fall through leaves according to you, which I will mention later does hardly anything.
I think I've been misinterpreted here. I said its likely he falls through trees. Anyhow, falling through leaves would indeed lower your speed as they'd create resistance against your fall, ultimately slowing you down.
Falling through the leaves will somehow do the same amount of help as much as the air does. Like, if you don't believe me, slap a leave on the tree, you will hardly get any kind of deceleration in your slap.
That's a false equivalence. I also wouldn't compare quite a thick amount of leaves to a single leaf.
It's simple, they are animating a minor thing while they should have animated Kouenji's clothes if they intended on doing it. And there's about only a 10s of seconds of time between the feat and the next appearance of Kouenji. No, this isn't convincing me, they would have left clues at the least. There's zero things fueling the assumption of there actually being scratches but animators just forgetting to animate it.
The same would apply to the boar having bruising/signs of injury from it's fight with Kouenji (It didn't).
Because characters superior to Manabu cannot do that.
Superior characters cannot one shot Ayanokouji in an unguarded spot? Could you show me scans of this and scans showing that they're superior to Manabu?
(Assuming you did not lie about reading the LN)
There is no need to make this discussion toxic 😅.
Well, there's also a statement where Ayanokouji mentions that Suzune can one-shot kill him. In my eyes, Ayanokouji still didn't show his full abilities until Year 1 Volume 7 and truly until Year 1 Volume 11.

hiFOwV4.png
This seems more like a hyperbole rather than unreliable narration. This wouldn't apply to him indirectly saying he was injured from a fall.

Superior characters cannot one shot Ayanokouji in an unguarded spot? Could you show me scans of this and scans showing that they're superior to Manabu?
Why exactly would an unguarded spot one shot Koji? It's not stated anywhere Manabu was going for PP

Unguarded spot =/ PP

Unguarded spot legit means he attacked a place Koji was not guarding

Last edited:
Why exactly an unguarded spot one shot Koji? It's not stated anywhere Manabu was going for PP

Unguarded spot =/ PP

Unguarded spot legit means he attacked a place Koji was not guarding
Unguarded spot wouldn't necessarily mean a pressure point.

I think I've been misinterpreted here. I said its likely he falls through trees. Anyhow, falling through leaves would indeed lower your speed as they'd create resistance against your fall, ultimately slowing you down.
No, I know that you are still going by that being a "possibility" rather than concrete stuff.

Falling through leaves don't do much, and falling on a branch is like kind of inevitable unless you were on an extreme terminal end which would be doing nothing, that's what I wanted to say.
That's a false equivalence. I also wouldn't compare quite a thick amount of leaves to a single leaf.
I have a tree in my backyard, and it didn't do much honestly. But yes, I did feel a bit of pain on my hand, I still don't think why Kouenji would take that risk for literally no reason bruh. 😭
The same would apply to the boar having bruising/signs of injury from it's fight with Kouenji (It didn't).
We don't know if it was a fight or Kouenji just attacked the boar in a way where it didn't incur any external injuries and just died in one strike.
Tsukishiro hits Ayanokouji when Ayanokouji is in no position to dodge him, and Ayanokouji absorbs the impact.

Tsukishiro scales much above Manabu.
This seems more like a hyperbole rather than unreliable narration. This wouldn't apply to him indirectly saying he was injured from a fall.
It's a GAG scene, yes. And he wasn't injured from the fall, he carried Suzune on his back and was fine in the condition.

PvG3nbq.png

Thanks to Zetsu for helping me out with the scans.

No, I know that you are still going by that being a "possibility" rather than concrete stuff.

Falling through leaves don't do much, and falling on a branch is like kind of inevitable unless you were on an extreme terminal end which would be doing nothing, that's what I wanted to say.
They'd still be slowing him down 😅 . "Don't do much" isn't really reliable, I believe the opposite.
I have a tree in my backyard, and it didn't do much honestly. But yes, I did feel a bit of pain on my hand, I still don't think why Kouenji would take that risk for literally no reason bruh. 😭
I gave reasons above. Also, slapping your hand on a tree in a backyard wouldn't really simulate Kouenji's situation all that well.
We don't know if it was a fight or Kouenji just attacked the boar in a way where it didn't incur any external injuries and just died in one strike.
I still believe that if it died in one strike (Which is extremely generous) there would still be signs of injury.
Seems fair if Tsukishiro is above Manabu 😅.
It's a GAG scene, yes. And he wasn't injured from the fall, he carried Suzune on his back and was fine in the condition.

PvG3nbq.png

Thanks to Zetsu for helping me out with the scans.
Ah! Nice, you found it. What volume was it? Also, you can be injured and carry someone on your back.

They'd still be slowing him down 😅 . "Don't do much" isn't really reliable, I believe the opposite.
I meant the leaves on the terminal sides of the tree. Not the ones which slow him down from all sides. Still, as I mentioned, the branches would always be there if he was in between of the tree.
I gave reasons above. Also, slapping your hand on a tree in a backyard wouldn't really simulate Kouenji's situation all that well.
v = sqrt(2*9.8*50) = 31.304951685 m/s
This is the final speed of an object falling from about 50 meters which would be much faster than my hand. Even assuming that the tree is at 70% of this height, this would still be sqrt(2*9.8*35) = 26.1916017074 m/s.
I still believe that if it died in one strike (Which is extremely generous) there would still be signs of injury.
Inflicting an external injury on an animal is not a necessity to kill them. Sometimes the wild cows get slammed by trucks on high roads and they don't have any external injuries. It's like when you hold someone's throat and kill them by suffocating them with it, they don't have any highly noticeable injuries on their body.
Seems fair if Tsukishiro is above Manabu 😅.
Yes. Tsukishiro is an assassin and also trained the fifth generation of White Room in at least some ways.
Ah! Nice, you found it. What volume was it?
Year 1 Volume 3, as wwereymy said, the acting of Ayanokouji thing should apply to this.
Also, you can be injured and carry someone on your back.
I mean, yes. But that would be assuming that he did get injured in the process, and he didn't mention that he did. The only thing he said was about him not remembering what happened afterwards, which can indicate many things, like him having his sight blinded by something and if he didn't see anything, there's no way he would remember it. That's just one way of putting it.

v = sqrt(2*9.8*50) = 31.304951685 m/s
This is the final speed of an object falling from about 50 meters which would be much faster than my hand. Even assuming that the tree is at 70% of this height, this would still be sqrt(2*9.8*35) = 26.1916017074 m/s.
There would also be more leaves than your hand slapped against.
Inflicting an external injury on an animal is not a necessity to kill them. Sometimes the wild cows get slammed by trucks on high roads and they don't have any external injuries. It's like when you hold someone's throat and kill them by suffocating them with it, they don't have any highly noticeable injuries on their body.
Understandable. I suppose this video can articulate another oversight by the studio. Continuous snow fall but no snow on Arisu/Ayanokouji's body.
Yes. Tsukishiro is an assassin and also trained the fifth generation of White Room in at least some ways.
How does that put him above Manabu exactly?
I mean, yes. But that would be assuming that he did get injured in the process, and he didn't mention that he did. The only thing he said was about him not remembering what happened afterwards, which can indicate many things, like him having his sight blinded by something and if he didn't see anything, there's no way he would remember it. That's just one way of putting it.
The most logical conclusion in my opinion would be that it came from an injury. You don't struggle to remember things after a fall unless you got injured by that fall.

No. I just don't understand how training the fifth generation would put him above Manabu.
The white room is a training facility that creates geniuses in combat and intelligence

It's a facility that creates superhumans, We can legit see this by how Suzune mentioning how Ichika has unrealistic strenght and stomped Suzune and Ibuki while on the verge of unconsciousness

The white room is a training facility that creates geniuses in combat and intelligence

It's a facility that creates superhumans, We can legit see this by how Suzune mentioning how Ichika has unrealistic strenght and stomped Suzune and Ibuki while on the verge of unconsciousness
This doesn't put Tsukishiro above Manabu.

Argument from incredulity
No 😅.

Teaching geniuses/creating geniuses doesn't put you above other characters inverse, for example, Kouenji is above white room students even though he didn't go to the white room.

😅
He only scales to AP and LS because he has narrative that places him there with Koji stating he would have problems with him under certain scenarios
He still scales above white room students.
Manabu does not scale to Koji in anyway as he doesn't have statements of him being comparable to Koji
I didn't say he scales to Koji. Rogger claimed that Tsukishiro is stronger then Manabu, so, I'm waiting for that to be proven.

😅

He still scales above white room students.

I didn't say he scales to Koji. Rogger claimed that Tsukishiro is stronger then Manabu, so, I'm waiting for that to be proven.
Manabu has no feats what so ever whilst Tsukishiro actually has some against Ayanokoji in y2v4.

Manabu has no feats what so ever whilst Tsukishiro actually has some against Ayanokoji in y2v4.
No feats wouldn't necessarily put him below Tsukishiro though. So using those scans to prove Ayanokouji's narration is unreliable wouldn't work due to the uncertainty behind Manabu's scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back