• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet Another One Piece Revision

Eh, I disagree with this. The whole fight showcased Doflamingo being superior to Luffy by quite a bit. Doflamingo himself said that Luffy's Gear 2nd attacks are fast but not strong enough. At best Luffy's Gear 3rd would scale to Doffy.

Do you have a link to NF's calc? I'd like to check the method they used.

Seems alright, the high end does seem a bit inconsistent but I wouldn't mind that either if it's the more accurate result. .3. I can ask the calc group to review it if you want.

@Rin

Yeah, plz do

Also the high end is not really reliable tbh. The low end is the most reliable in this situation

EDIT:

Also noticed that I posted several posts at the same time on this thread. Sorry for that, I will edit the messages from now on

I disagree with the basis for your calcs but it is literally midnight right now so I don't have time to get into it tonight. Will respond tomorrow.

Damage3245 said:
I disagree with the basis for your calcs but it is literally midnight right now so I don't have time to get into it tonight. Will respond tomorrow.
Alright, I don't have time to discuss anything today myself. Am interested in why you disagree though, given that Irene's meteor used the same basis as this calc.

EDIT:

Also, some thoughts about this thread as a whole. First of all, I disagree with the 6-C calc for Aokiji. Even the low-end assumes that the depth of the ice is 47 meters, even though Aokiji stated that the ice will dissapear in a week, which contradicts this depth. Even narutoforums disagreed with this.

About Luffy scaling to Doflamingo, I disagree with this as well. Yes, Doflamingo got slightly bruised from a sneak attack Red Hawk. At the same time, he managed to tank Luffy's Gear 4 attacks, and the story heavily implied that Doffy > base and G2 Luffy. He is possibly even above G3 Luffy, given that he managed to withstand Gear 4 attacks.

Captain Torch said:
About Luffy scaling to Doflamingo, I disagree with this as well. Yes, Doflamingo got slightly bruised from a sneak attack Red Hawk. At the same time, he managed to tank Luffy's Gear 4 attacks, and the story heavily implied that Doffy > base and G2 Luffy. He is possibly even above G3 Luffy, given that he managed to withstand Gear 4 attacks.
IMO is consistent if Red Hawk which is less than 3 times weaker than G4 can do a slight damage to Doffy but later he withstood (with some damage) the G4.

It's like with Katakuri who withstood G4's attacks but he can be damaged by Base Luffy with no particular effort despite the FS.

Damaged Doffy even needed Armament to block Base Luffy's Armored punches and Red Hawk caught him out of surprise by the Shambles. He bleed for most Luffy's attacks even at base so even if only G4 scales above Doffy the other forms should scale below Doffy given the evidence.

On top of that even if Doffy > Base and G2 Luffy is true that doesn't mean they can't be scaled because he was capable of punch a lot and damage Doffy, barely damaging him tho. And we scale characters who are capable of harm characters even if they are absurdly weaker than the latters.

My point is even if Base/G2 Luffy doesn't scale to 87 Gigatons they scale being below him for being capable of do actual damage. And we can't state for sure if G3 scales to physical Doffy because he just used it once and was overwhelmed by Doffy's DF which is far superior to the physical stats.

Captain Torch said:
Also, some thoughts about this thread as a whole. First of all, I disagree with the 6-C calc for Aokiji. Even the low-end assumes that the depth of the ice is 47 meters, even though Aokiji stated that the ice will dissapear in a week, which contradicts this depth. Even narutoforums disagreed with this.
You have to remember that the One Piece world has far more ridiculous weather than our world and the weather on the Grand Line can change in an instant. Thus I don't really see the reason to apply the propertites of weather and how fast ice melts from our world to the One Piece world.

@Damage3245

What are the conclusions so far here, and is my assistance required?

At work at the moment so I can't review everything right now, but I'll produce a summary in a few hours and give my thoughts on Torch's calc regarding the atmosphere, and Cin's calc on Dressrosa's size.

Aye, that's the calc I was referencing.

I'll also say right now that Cin's latest Dressrosa calc (the 50km one) doesn't hold up to scrutiny.

Okay, so does that invalidate the Captain Torch calculations?

Torch's calc doesn't use Cin's size for it. He uses Naruto Forum's size which I'll be taking a look at tonight.

I have other reasons for not approving of Torch's calcs yet though.

Antvasima said:
Also, how does it not hold up to scrutiny?
Cin puts Fujitora at 2 pixels but he uses an incredibly bad quality scan from ********** scanlations.

Stefano and I got Fujitora to be around 6 pixels which changes the scaling of the crater, Green Bit and Dressrosa quite a bit.

Damage3245 said:
Cin puts Fujitora at 2 pixels but he uses an incredibly bad quality scan from ********** scanlations.

Stefano and I got Fujitora to be around 6 pixels which changes the scaling of the crater, Green Bit and Dressrosa quite a bit.
We could stil use the size calc from Narutoforums.

Well, that's what we're using currently I believe.

I've never actually checked out their calc.

Califa's speed is nearly Mach 250 for dodgin lightning and a blog was made about some characters reacting to Enel's lightnings. If this feat doesn't apply it doesn't matter because we have more feats in MHS than this.

What i meant is that we currently have MHS feats prets so the verse shouldn't get downgraded just for a single feat. Outlier stands for higher and lower results as well.

@Stefano4444

Yeah, your blog.

@Calaca

Oh, I didn't mean that OP will lose their MHS rating. I just meant that their speed will be lower because of that feat being possibly invalid.

But it depends on how that thread ends. I think that it still should be applicable, so we'll see.

We need to settle this. We currently have many editions to do in many profiles right now and to avoid unnecessary editions we should end with this.

Characters who clearly scales

• Whitebeard: Superior to Akainu.
  • Akainu: Defeated Aokiji after a 10-days long battle.
  • Ace: Directly matched Aokiji.
  • Marco: Comparable to Ace if not stronger.
  • Jinbei: Matched Ace for 5 days.
Characters with feats to prove their scaling

• Doflamingo: Restrained Jozu and survived unscathed to Aokiji's ice.
  • Luffy: Rag-dolled Doflamingo in Gear 4th.
  • Fujitora: Superior to Gear 3rd Luffy.
  • Law: Matched Doflamingo's attacks and Blacknight.
  • Yonko Commanders (Vista, Jozu, Jack, Katakuri, Cracker and Smoothie)
  • Inuarashi and Nekomamushi: Fought with Jack.
  • Tsuru: Feared by Doflamingo.
  • Sabo: Comparable to Fujitora but weaker.
  • Zunisha: One-shot Jack.
About Luffy
To clarify: I actually think Gear 2nd: Red Hawk should scale to the feat but most people disagree with it. But still it should scale below that since he clearly harmed Doflamingo. People say that's an outlier but that was a powerful sneak attack which Doflamingo wasn't prepared for. He didn't even used Armament to cover himself.

Even a regular G2 attack damaged Doffy and it was a sneak attack aswell but people disagree with this. Personally I don't think so. The only two times Luffy managed to land a hit in Doffy with Gear 2nd he clearly damaged being sneaky and that's consistent with Luffy in base damaging weakened Doffy. The difference is big yes but not that huge to think Weakened Doffy is below the 6-C.

So Red Hawk and Gear 3rd should be 6-C. Red Hawk didn't do significant damage and Gear 3rd scales higher than Red Hawk (from Hody's fight). So Dressrosa Luffy should be 6-C with Red Hawk and Gear 3rd and At Least 6-C with Gear 4th: Boundman.

As for Whole Cake Island Luffy: Cmue stated that this Luffy can possibly be 262 gigatons in Gear 4th making him High 6-C. I made a CRT not so long ago about Katakuri overwhelming Luffy and the latter becoming capable of match Katakuri.

With the current scaling Luffy's exact AP should still be higher than 87 gigatons but he should be At Least 6-C with Gear 3rd and higher with Gear 4th in order to avoid the wank some people are saying.

And it was stated that Yonko are way beyond 345 gigatons but some people are forgetting that they can be even stronger than that in the future and that feat isn't the upper yard of the verse when it comes to feats.

Aside from just being Yonkou Commanders, why should Vista and Jozu scale exactly to Aokiji's calc?

I summarized and I saw someone scales Vista for being comparable to Marco and Ace but I'm certainly unsure about him. Stretching it we can say he's due to matching Mihawk.

Jozu got one-shot by a non-casual freezing and managed to make Jozu bleed. And Aokiji fought for 10 days with Akainu who has a stronger DF so Kuzan's durability shouldn't be much lower than his own AP.

And as Cmue said Kuzan scales to 300 gigatons.

Back