• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet Another One Piece Revision

@Rin The Dragon Empress I think I know what the problem is, you think Aokiji´s feat in Marineford was casual, I am arguing that it wasnt because of the context of the situation, Luffy scaping and Shanks appearing in the middle of a war, I just think than that would have made it put more effort, regardless of him normally being lazy.

Also I would aprreciate if you can keep this civil, wheater we end up using this or not I dont really care, I am just voicing my concerns regarding a problem I have with the calculation, thats all.

We could use standard temperature as mid-end. High-End would be if LRLL is a summer island and Low-End if weather.

The Mid-End also applies to Summer/Fall island which seems to be the case in LRLL.

Js250476 said:
If I can ask a quick question about why Akainu can't scale fully to WB's calc
From what I could gather the feat the calc was for came from a casual attack on Ronse https://www.***********.net/one-piece/556/3 ( next page is the feat itself)

And Akainu not only survived quakes from him but at one point he also matches a quake from him with his magma fist

So couldn't he scale to a causal WB?
I guess if he met the quake head on with his fist then yes. The issue would be then calculating a "casual" whitebeard. To my knowledge the 300 some on gigs is from the enraged WB, which left Akainu a mess.

Akainu should be 115-150 IMHO. That applies to the other Admirals of that time as well.

Dr.Fix said:
I guess if he met the quake head on with his fist then yes. The issue would be then calculating a "casual" whitebeard. To my knowledge the 300 some on gigs is from the enraged WB, which left Akainu a mess.

Akainu should be 115-150 IMHO. That applies to the other Admirals of that time as well.
Whitebeard's 300 gigaton feat was a sideffect of him stomping some fodder Marine.

https://s2.********.org/data/8e24879e0dc567ac6f93dbdf1daced2c/x4.png

https://s2.********.org/data/8e24879e0dc567ac6f93dbdf1daced2c/x5.png

The Feat: https://web.archive.org/web/2017071...ds-quakes-calculations-amp-assumptions.20978/

So 300 gigs is casual Whitbeard and Akainu took a hit from enraged Whitebeard.

I feel like that Whitebeard calc makes some pretty silly assumptions to justify it tbh.

Like, there is absolutely nothing concrete that supports the island being 16655.49 km away from Marineford...

EDIT: Since I'm going offline right now, I'll try and post more about it in a new thread.

Now that I think about it it's more reasonable to scale characters to the 337 gigatons feat. How tho? The 3 Admiral tanked with no effort the attack so they should be at least 112 gigatons each and use that number to scale the other characters. We are currently trying to scale them to a 87 gigatons feat which is incorrect at this point.

Ugarik said:
I added high end and removed low end. I also think high end method was better but it doesn't fit well with current poverscaling
Why it wouldn't? Sanji and Zoro becoming 6-C would only means these two were much stronger than we initially thought, making them comparable with Gear 2nd/Gear 3rd Luffy (which seen to be 6-C as well for harming a weakened Doflamingo) rather than be at most as strong as Base Luffy.

And there was a 6-C feat back in Dressrosa Arc made by Pica, which it was wrongly disapproved.

Calaca Vs said:
Now that I think about it it's more reasonable to scale characters to the 337 gigatons feat. How tho? The 3 Admiral tanked with no effort the attack so they should be at least 112 gigatons each and use that number to scale the other characters. We are currently trying to scale them to a 87 gigatons feat which is incorrect at this point.
This is more or less what I was getting at before. Either everyone should be large Island level, or everyone should be Island level according to the proposed changes.

Not everyone directly scales to the Admirals, and having to use Haki to block an attack from Whitebeard doesn't strike me as 'effortless'.

Also, I think the Whitebeard calc has some flaws to it that I'll need to address in a blog probably.

You have a lot of blogs/threads to catch up on ;-)

Okay then, so should this matter be put on hold until Damage can evaluate the WB calc?

Dr.Fix said:
This is more or less what I was getting at before. Either everyone should be large Island level, or everyone should be Island level according to the proposed changes.
Well there was this calculatio that could put Gear 4th Luffy at Large Island level with his strongest attack, the King Kong Gun.

Assuming that Top Yonkou Commander are potentially capable to match such level of power, it could be enough of a reason to upgrade them at Likely High 6-C.

I've given up on creating threads for Bleach Dr. Fix :D That frees up my schedule a bit.

I wouldn't say put the matter on hold; even if the Whitebeard calc has problems, this current scaling with Aokiji's calc should be fine to put through.

But Erco said the depth used in the calc is flawed and we need to look at that. What should we do then?

Oh. If Erco can bring up some alternative solution for that calc that might work out, then I'd be interested in hearing what they've got.

As for the Whitebeard calc, I'll post a blog about it later today and see what people think. It might end up being that nothing will change about the calc, or it might not.

I'd rather go with 47 metres than that tbh. All of that guys calcs seem to be inflated.

Okay, since the discussion on Whitebeard's calc may affect the top-tiers I'll ask here, what do you think Whitebeard's (and the other Yonko's) ratings should be if the Large Island calc is ruled as invalid?

Depends on what will happen with this calc. If we discard this it'll be At least 6-C. But if we count this it will be At least 6-C likely High 6-C. Aokiji's calc is nearly high-end with a casual freeze so it's not stretch.

At least 6-C likely High 6-C would be fine for them, I think.

As for the calc, the whole basis of it is that it relies upon this random island being more than 16,500+ kilometres away, which there is no convincing evidence for.

There is also no way of accurately detirmining the distance for it as far as I can see.

So we should not use the calc.

As a general rule, sure, a Yonko can be superior to an Admiral.

Which does not mean that everything an Admiral is capable of, a Yonko can do.

It would be one thing if Fujitora was creating and throwing meteors through his own power; but instead he is merely dragging down existing meteors from space using his Gravity Devil Fruit.

No Yonko is capable of this, and thus they don't scale to the destruction caused by the meteors falling down the ground.

But the Yonko should be able to withstand an admiral's attack, a.k.a fuji's meteor. If character A > Character B, then usually as a general rule character A strongest attack > Character B strongest attack(there are exceptions of course)

Back