• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
My point is that RWBY has a margain of plot holes due to mostly being a passion project and authors not being really good at writing.

Theglassman12 said:
@Weekly Ozai being cocky didn't stop him from spamming huge flames and lightning at his target from a distance.
It made him literally stick his face into a pile of rocks that Aang was under after he visibly activated the Avatar State.

RebubleUselet said:
My point is that RWBY has a margain of plot holes due to mostly being a passion project and authors not being really good at writing.
What Plotholes?

I'm actually curious.

Reaaons above are basically flight and higher ap, considering its not just Yang's ap that increases but also her dura (since it has to or else she would injure herself) and yang does have ranged options that can 1 shot him if she has her semblance amped (it 1 shot neon and neon was hardly ever hit anywhere else in that fight) along with seudo flight, yang takes this.

@Weekly

Except Jaune explicitly still had an Aura to protect him from blows. He simply didn't know how to shape it to get the best out of it. No matter how you spin it, getting hit twice and lowering to red is an extremely bad low-end.

Actually, ANY fight where Yang gets hit many, manny times at once results in her aura getting considerably depleted. She always makes it by the skin of her teeth

It made him literally stick his face into a pile of rocks that Aang was under after he visibly activated the Avatar State.

You mean something that he didn't see at all happening, and after Aang was in the defensive a few minutes ago.

Vote Count Update

Yang: 5 (Weekly, Velox1r0kore, Ricsi, ZephyrosOmega, and Morlock435 )

Ozai: 6 (Kepekley23, Gargoyle, RebubleUselet, Everlasting, Dragoo Faust, and Theglassman12)

@Morlock and being able to spam long range attacks from afar. You also forgot the part where we said that Ozai's High 8-C feat was casual.

Kepekley23 said:
Yes, aura he had no idea how to use. Its the same as every other normal human in RWBY who has aura but can still get hurt and killed by the Grimm without being able to protect themselves. You need to train to be able to use your aura as an actual defence, but Jaune never recieved that training, so his aura was essentially that of just an average person in RWBY.

In the fight against Neon she was hit a total of 12 times and her aura was barely under half, so no, she doesnt.

@Weekly Ozai's range should be much bigger than that.

@Poinciana unquantifiable doesn't mean useless. The fact that it was casual means he's capable of more than that.

@Glassman that's what higher ap means. And yang with Semblance range attacks are > than Ozai ranged attacks, like I said she 1 shot neon.

@Weekly

OK no. Ozai did not see that Aang entered the Avatar State. He got slammed into a pillar and fell into rocks; end if he was glowing it would be masked by the fire and debris. The moment he jumped out and grabbed him, Ozai knew he was screwed and looked scared. He had no idea Aang was in AS when he was taunting him.

Morlock435 said:
@Glassman that's what higher ap means. And yang with Semblance range attacks are > than Ozai ranged attacks, like I said she 1 shot neon.
Ozai is much more powerful than the calc he has since it was casual. Her boost isn't going to help much against someone that's higher than her in power.

Theglassman12 said:
Ozai is much more powerful than the calc he has since it was casual. Her boost isn't going to help much against someone that's higher than her in power.
He is unquantifiably higher due to having no other calc, while Yang's boost is quantifiable. Nothing is saying Ozai is stronger than Yang with her Semblance.

Ozai's highest calculated range is 50+ meters

Does that include his earth kingdom fire, which he did while he was in the air, and was scorching a pretty big chunk of the land.

Theglassman12 said:
Does that include his earth kingdom fire, which he did while he was in the air, and was scorching a pretty big chunk of the land.
That's what im referring to yes

The idea that Jaune was completely inept at Aura by the time he fights Cardin is false. His aura got unlocked by Pyrrha five episodes earlier. He already knew what Aura was, he just did not know how to optimally use it. He was explicitly said to have a lot of Aura, and after fighting Cardin he outright got his Aura drained by continuous physical attacks. Even if it was not optimal, it doesn't change the fact it's a huge low end showing

In the fight against Mercury she was hit roughly six times by his physical attacks, before getting hit by many rounds at once and getting her aura depleted down to literally one point more than the minimum.

Replace Mercury with Ozai and rounds with "large fireballs" and you're seeing how she loses

Youre really using Mercury, the guy who is explicitly sronger than Yang, as an example here? When i literally gave you an example of Yang fighting someone equal to her?

If this were pre-timeskip Yang then i would but its not, its post timeskip.

1.44 tons vs. 2.1ish tons

2 tons vs. "sizeably higher than 2.12 tons"

Is this difference big enough to literally change the entire fight?

How strong do you have to be to take a 1.44 ton attack with no damage?

Because Mercury didn't even flinch.

No, its not, because if he hits her once it because At least 4 tons vs unquantifiably higher than 2.12 tons. If he hits her again it becomes 6. And so on

Yang using her Semblance right at the beginning or in the middle has been debunked by me several times by now.

The gap in their power is nowhere near big enough for Ozai to be able to overpower her before her semblance lets her oneshot him

Kepekley23 said:
Yang using her Semblance right at the beginning or in the middle has been debunked by me several times by now.
Doesnt mean she wont use it like youre suggesting, which ive debnked several times now.

Neon is nowhere near Yang, she got semi one shotted by Yang firing a single shell at her and relied on her great speed to do anything. Her best strength feat is an attack that Yang tanked.

Yes, Neon being oneshotted by a semblance amped Yang means that she's nowhere near base yang when she demonstrated several times to be on her level.

@Weekly

Strawman. I never said Yang would't use it.

I'm contesting she using it before Ozai dozes her with continuous fireballs and shatters her aura.

Vote Count Update

Yang: 5 (Weekly, Velox1r0kore, Ricsi, ZephyrosOmega, and Morlock435 )

Ozai: 7 (Kepekley23, Gargoyle, RebubleUselet, Everlasting, Dragoo Faust, Theglassman12, and Hunterzillas)

@Kep Except he wont shatter her aura because he doesnt have the AP to do wo before she realizes she needs her semblance

And again, Yang has superior range and the mobility to avoid most of his attacks at a distance

@Weekly

Since when do Yang's shotgun shells become stronger when she uses her Semblance? She literally blew Neon out of the sky by firing a shell at her

Also, Neon never demonstrated anything on Yang's level. Her best feat is sending her flying and Yang literally completely tanking it.

Since always? She fires kinetic energy from Ember Celica which increases in power with her Semblance, its always been like that.

Yang did not completely tank it, and the fact that Neon was able to damage Yang's at all means she's at least comparable to her.

@Poin Oh im aware, i dont get why its being treated like Yang will be instantly oneshot if her aura goes down

It will not shatter her aura, at least not as quickly as youre implying. Ozai is BARELY stronger than base Yang.

Aura is not fuel for Semblance since that is a MASSIVE contradiction to what has been shown.

Qrow's Semblance is always on, Yang uses her Semblance without Aura, Hazel using his Semblance without Aura, Yang's fight with Mercury, and what Nora said to Jaune.

Nora: How else do you think you're healing her, dummy?

Jaune: No. I don't think I'm healing her. Our Aura heals our bodies. It feels… it feels more like I'm using my Aura to amplify hers!

Nora: Wait, aren't you worried about running out?

Nora was only worried about Jaune running out of Aura till he said he was using his Aura to amplify Weiss's Aura. If Semblances were fueled by Aura then this scene makes no sense.

Back