• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Sticking with Yang here, yes his attacks will hurt but theyre not a big enough factor to guarantee him a win, though Yang's semblance isnt a guarantee either, it's the more likely victor

@Kep Well for one, RWBY doesnt use this wiki's SBA rules, and for two, nothing, we've only seen her fight one actual rival post timeskip so far and as i pointed out before, he was being mindscrewed most of the time.

1. Flames she can very easily avoid as he's never used the masive fire attacks he is scaled to in actual combat, ive watched the ending to Avatar dozens of times and I know for a fact he didnt.

2. Only part of Merc damaged here were his pants. I can think of times where they were hit by fire while their aura is very low and it pushed it to the edge and depleted it, but while their aura is fine and they get hit by fire they can take it.

3. Weiss' Aura was already extremely low, it doesnt debunk anything.

No, Hazel's electricity wasnt the only thing that made him dangerous, he was very clearly overpowering them phyically. You need to stop thinking that just because the characters use electricity it means they automatically win because that is by no means the case. Again, if electricity bypassed Aura it wouldnt have been allowed in he Vytal Festival as the whole point of the students being removed from combat when their aura is low is because if their aura goes down completely they can get actually hurt but while it is up they dont take any actual damage. Electricity does not bypass aura.

Stop misusing SBA. Post-Timeskip Yang has a different personality from Pre-Timeskip

1. Aang vs. Ozai

2. Except that's an outlier since Mercury was tanking that 7-B attack. We disregard all 7-B scaling for the Tier 8s due to it being inconsistent.

3. Third time; Weiss's Aura was vaguely low, the lava depleted it completely.

Hazel electrocuted Qrow and almost one-shotted him on the GIF I posted. You can see the shock effect through Qrow's body. Stop saying "it was a physical blow". Also, don't quote mine. I never said electricity bypassed aura, I said it harshly depleted it, which is self-evident.

If you use people getting hit by 7-Bs as evidence, I direct you to Ruby vs. Cinder's fireball where she got swatted aside like a bug and took some time to stand up, similar to when she got hit by Roman. And that was a single, small one.

SBA means she WILL use it if she needs to, SBA changes their personality in a versus thread.

1. Yes and he didnt use massive AoE flames there either.

2. Doesnt change the fact that its fire.

3. Yes, so she should be a non-factor because of it, her aura being depleted by being submeged in lava after it was already low doesnt in any way justify a flat out weakness to fire.

No he didnt, he punched him and sent him flying, just because his attacks were imbued with electricity doesnt mean that the elecrticity was doing the brunt of the damage when it very clearly was not.

Also where exactly are these feats youre referring to? Ruby was just fine from Cinder's fire ball, and just fine from Roman's fire dust, knocked on her ass due to the explosion yes but she was by no means severely injured. Hell if you wanna go the roman route, Blake took his explosion point blank and was just fine, and Ruby was hit by Him using his explosion as a melee attack and then took another explosion point blank, got knocked back, and was on her feet again, only being knocked down because Roman struck her. So no, Ruby characters have consistently demonstrated to be just fine when it comes to fire.

SBA means she WILL use it if she needs to, SBA changes their personality in a versus thread.

That's not true though. That's what bloodlust does

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

Yang will be in character and wont pull her semblance from the start but once she realizes she needs to she will use it

Using her Semblance suddenly in the middle is nowhere near her usual battle strategy. She reserves it. It's in her character now.

1. A dozen or so meters? He used plenty. It doesn't need to be as large as the one he used casually in the beginning, as long as it's a good AOE he can spam it and eventually catch and doze Yang with fire

2. It also doesn't change the fact it's an outlier feat. Mercury tanked a continuous 7-B attack. It's not usable, be it wind, ice or fire.

3. I accidentally bought into your "Weiss was already low on aura" argument without noticing. That's flat out false. Weiss had 40 of her aura left when she dashed and caught Flynt on the lava, and it dropped to 0 soon after. No matter how this scene is twisted, lava harshly dropped Weiss's aura.

None of these links show anything resembling continuous and sustained flames dozing the character constantly. Just single small fireballs tat hit and still harm the character, to boot.

It's nowhere near his maximum. It was a warm up attack that he used to test Sozin's Comet.

1. No, according to Ozai's profile that is 50 meters, with an AoE of over 20000 square meters, he never used ANYTHNG that powerful when he was fighting Aang. And no it was not casual, he very clearly needed to charge to use it. The fire he's going to be using against Yang is not going to be as powerful as the one he is currently rated High 8-C for.

2. Just posted a few more feats where RWBY characters shrugged off fire and explosions.

3. It is by no means false. Flynt took more damage that Weiss and he was just fine, albeit it very low on Aura.

The High 8-C feat he is rated by is his maximum, he has never demonstrated anything of that level in combat.

Yes, the punch electrocuted Qrow but the electricity did not in any way deal the brunt of the damage, the punch did.

And no, electricty has not consistently incappet RWBY characters when its on the same level, not once has this happened. Stop lying.

1. It was definitely casual. It was a warm up he did after Sozin's Comet. In the fight against Aang he was just as casual in the beginning, and later went full power against Aang with everything he got. It's self-evident. High 8-C is casual.

2. And I debunked them all in the very post you're quoting. Single small blasts of fire aren't comparable to continuous flames that will engulf her and deplete her aura completely.

3. It is by all means false. Weiss's dip into lava dropped her aura from 40 to 0. That's an immense drop and it proves a sustained fire attack will carve through aura like butter.

Flynt was in no way fine. His aura was 55 and it dropped to 16 seconds after the lava bath. Had he stood there for five more seconds, he'd have been dealt with.

High 8-C feat is casual.

Both the punch and the electricity did heavy damage. Same thing as Nora without her Semblance getting bulldozed by Hazel's electricity. It depletes aura with ease.

I'm voting Ozai if someone was wondering.

Considering how desperate you become whenever I come into RWBY Threads, you should be the last to tell me to "stop lying".

Then show one single instance of a RWBY character being incapped by electricity used by somone on the same level. Do that and i will concede. Not damaged. Incapacitated.

1. It was not casual. Show me one instance where he used anything that powerful in the fight against Aang.

2. The fire wont deplete her aura completely as fire has never been shown to deplete aura any faster than any other kind of attack.

3. It is by no means false. Ive already proven that fire doesnt deplete aura any more than normal attacks do.

High 8-C feat is not casual, he never used a charging attack like he did when he performed that feat.

Electricity does not deplete aura with ease, where are you even getting this notion?

Umm out of curiousity would the AP of what is essentially a lava geyser be close to 8-C? I don't know what the AP of lava is itself but I assume higher than 9-B so with the force added of propelling said lava with the thickness and hight of it, it looks more like AP was the actual factor than the heat itself.

I could just be talking out of my ass though

Volume 4, Sun getting incapped by an electric attack hitting his neck

1. When he became serious. Anything from the climax onwards already goes above his High 8-C feat via basic scaling.

2. Weiss vs. Flynt

3. You haven't proven anything to anyone. Stop trying to restart the argument.

Seeing as he showed no strain at all, and he did it to test Sozin's Comet, literally anything from when he was even slightly serious against Aang scales. It's funny how the existence of scaling is controversial to you now.

Nora getting easily bulldozed by Hazel's electricity, Sun in Vol 4 getting incapped by electricity, etc

Where was this? If youre referring to the dragon he definitely wasnt incapped, he was up and fighting seconds later.

1. How does he do that? There is no feat to back up such a claim.

2. Already disproved that.

3. Every feat ive shown where RWBY characters shrug off fire and explosions proves it, if you like i can get you some more.

He wasnt serious against Aang though, not until he went into the Avatar state and even then he didnt do anything, he got his ass handed to him as soom as Aang went into the Avatar State and he tried to run away basically the entire time.

Not really, her kicking Hazel's ass when she absorbed his electricity kinda directly counters that argument.

@Kep

It was actually his back right shoulder, also like I mentioned earlier his aura wasn't on at the time.

Nora getting bulldozed by electricity? By your logic that would have insta-killed her before activating her semblance or just destroyed her aura completely before using her semblance, especially with him being 7-B. Just the fact that he's 7-B going against an 8-C makes that argument useless

Sun's Aura not being on is an excuse to get around the fact he got incapacitated. He used his Semblance moments earlier. There's zero proof he decided to let his guard completely down in the face of a threat. It was on until you prove otherwise.

It's not useless, actually, only reason why any RWBY character manages to fght for a few seconds against 7-Bs before getting ultra stomped is their aura, and Nora was getting bulldozed by Hazel's lightning, no matter how it is spun.

I mean Nora is a special case when it comes to electricity and everyone worth a damn has the durability to survive the surface of the Sun, let alone lava.

Those examples don't really work.

Both Sun and Ren took damage from electricity though

Yes it is, because it means he didnt have his aura to block the electricity unless you want to argue that Ilia's electricity >>>>> the Sea Feilong's.

He had his aura on. That's a circular reasoning that ignores the point of my post.

"Electricity doesn't incap the characters. Sun didn't have his aura on to block the electricity. The proof he didn't is because he didn't block the electricity (?)"

Ren had his Aura on. If someone depletes your Aura below a threshold (15% iirc) you lose, in the Vale Tournament.

He kept fighting, so electricity bypassed his Aura. If it was overpowered, he would have lost

Yes, exactly, every other instance of the characters surviving electricity is because they had their Aura up. Even Ren survived Hazel's electricity but was knocked out due to the tier difference despite his aura allowing him to survive electricity from an 8-C just fine

@Kal It didnt bypass his aura, it just damaged him. If it bypassed his aura then elecricity wouldnt be allowed in the tournament

@Weekly

Sun got incapacitated by Ilia's electric attack. Until you prove he didn't have his aura on, it remains an excuse.

He didnt have his aura on because he literally got stabbed which shouldnt have been possible if his aura was up.

@Kaltias

Nora didn't have her Semblance on at the time. She activated it while she was getting electrocuted by Hazel

Weiss's Aura got outright depleted by the lava, though. It's a feat. It can't be ignored, and it proves RWBY auras are not resistant to continuous heat-based attacks.

Back