• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Kepekley23 said:
No. Yang is 1.44 tons and Mercury is 2, aka 33%. Tiers aren't dimensional borders. Two High 8-Cs can be more distant from each other than a 8-C+ and a baseline High 8-C.

In this case, Ozai is nearly, if not 2x stronger than Yang, which is far bigger than the gap between Mercury and Yang.
Show me numerically where Ozai is 2x stronger than Yang. Then show me where Yang has ever had trouble with someone that is only 2x stronger than herself. Then i will show you the clip where her semblance is blatantly stated to amp her 2x stronger than what she is hit with. Ozai IS NOT strong enough to beat her before she uses her semblance here.

Here is me doing the math for your sake:

• "Sizeably above 3.7" divided by 2 is "Sizeably above 1.85x".
I can show you Yang vs. Mercury where a suppressed Mercury beat base Yang, which was far less than 2x.

I already know that clip. Changes nothing.

One of Ozai's flames will hit Yang. They will stop her from running. She will get torched and her aura will get shattered. Ozai will kill her, preventing the usage of her Semblance.

Now prove she will use her Semblance before dying. Your logic states she needs to get hit in order to realize how dangerous he is, and well, if that happens, she's done for

One attack from Ozai is not enough to take her aura down. It took half a dozen from Mercury do do the same and he was a full tier higher than her.

She sees a guy spewing flames at her and flying around. She thinks "How the hell did he get Maiden powers?!? I cant mess around with this guy." She then uses her semblance.

Read the posts carefully. I never once said that. I said it'd stop her from running.

Conserving energy here by copying and pasting the reply you ignored:

"No. Yang is 1.44 tons and Mercury is 2, aka 33%. Tiers aren't dimensional borders. Two High 8-Cs can be more distant from each other than a 8-C+ and a baseline High 8-C.

In this case, Ozai is nearly, if not 2x stronger than Yang, which is far bigger than the gap between Mercury and Yang."

She sees a guy dashing at her with flames. She dodges them. She sees him releasing another stream. She ends up caught in one of his bursts and is unable to escape. Her aura gets shattered.

Kepekley23 said:
Read the posts carefully. I never once said that. I said it'd stop her from running.
Conserving energy here by copying and pasting the reply you ignored:

"No. Yang is 1.44 tons and Mercury is 2, aka 33%. Tiers aren't dimensional borders. Two High 8-Cs can be more distant from each other than a 8-C+ and a baseline High 8-C.

In this case, Ozai is nearly, if not 2x stronger than Yang, which is far bigger than the gap between Mercury and Yang."

She sees a guy dashing at her with flames. She dodges them. She sees him releasing another stream. She ends up caught in one of his bursts and is unable to escape. Her aura gets shattered.
If half a dozen attacks from a guy a tier above her would be required to shatter her aura, how could a guy only a few times stronger ever crush her before she thinks "no ok I gotta go all out or I won't make it" and activates her Semblance? Also, you're talking as if Yang is some useless idiot who doesn't know how to deal with some Danmaku. She could easily make a full body barrier of her aura and use her pseudo-flight to dodge between streams while approaching and tank anything that gets a direct hit while minimizing the impact and slowdown effect caused by it. Nothing in personality style or intelligence stops her from getting angry at guy trying to snipe her from afar and beat him. Not to mention the SBA mention a battle starts from the distance limit of the one with the highest range and she has it.

What makes you believe there's some sort of easy win for fire nation guy?

If half a dozen attacks from a guy a tier above her would be required to shatter her aura' how could a guy only a few times stronger ever crush her

The "one tier above her" thing has been severely debunked above. Mercury is only 33% stronger than Yang. He is only a tier above her because he is 2 tons while she is 1.4 tons. Ozai is easily 2x stronger than Yang is.

Half a dozen is 6., by the way. That's awfully low compared to what Ozai spams in half a minute of fighting.

Vote Count Update

Yang: 7 (Weekly, Velox1r0kore, Ricsi, ZephyrosOmega, Morlock435, Kiryu2012, and Mand21)

Ozai: 8 (Kepekley23, Gargoyle, RebubleUselet, Everlasting, Dragoo Faust, Theglassman12, Hunterzilla, and Cropfist)

I'm taking a break from this.

She could easily make a full body barrier of her aura and use her pseudo-flight to dodge between streams while approaching and tank anything that gets a direct hit while minimizing the impact and slowdown effect caused by it

Yang's Aura will be getting severely depleted by Ozai's streams. Her pseudo flight is by using Ember Celica's recoil to glide for a little while. Nowhere as good as Ozai's true flight.

Yang is definitely not at all going to tank a ~4 ton hit while being 2 tons.

Also, for the third time in this debate, I have accidentally bought into something without realizing it. Credits to Poinciana for making me remember it.

One of Yang's only confirmed Semblance feats in Volume 5 is in the trailer, where she fights an Ursa Minor for a big while and only uses her Semblance...after her Aura is completely shattered. This same Ursa Minor was tanking her attacks and shells with ease and overall punching her pretty hard, depleting her Aura along the way.

Only after she gets caught into its bite and has her Aura shattered in moments, and only after she gets thrown away by the Ursa who thinks she is dead does she use her Semblance. When she could have much earlier (but obviously didn't because it's out of character)

So, by actual feats, yes, Yang will not use her Semblance against Ozai until she gets her Aura shattered, and she won't be able to when she is getting torched and killed. Those who say she will use it before that have to take Volume 5 feats and prove me wrong.

Actually, tanking a 4 ton hit while being 2 tons really isn't too different from tanking a punch from a noticeably more advanced/well trained athlete when you're also one, and anime characters are seriously used to taking a lot of blows.

EDIT: Though I agree her aura will get depleted reasonably fast.

@Kep That is a feat for Pre-timeskip. Hell its Pre-Beacon. That feat wouldnt even apply to her pre-timeskip form.

Actually, the feat is a flashback from current Yang who recalls that instance from way back. It definitely applies to my argument since nothing contradicts it

@Mand

Anime characters tend to take legit hits from those who are comparable to them, not those who are significantly stronger and will sustain the attack

Way back as in before either of them went to Beacon. The area they were sparring in is nowhere near Beacon. The feat does not in any way apply to her while she was attending Beacon where she got stronger.

Also, if Yang gets KO'd by Ozai, her Semblance will mean nothing. It's even stated in RWBY that someone knocking her out cold would be one of the best counters to it, and Ozai def'ly has the AP and ability to do just that.

1. You're missing the point. I'm not talking about how strong Yang was, I'm talking about she not using her Semblance against the Ursa until her Aura got shattered.

2. Ozai definitely has the AP to KO here, he is nearly twice as strong. You can knock out someone without even being anywhere near twice them, let alone with sustained attacks

The exact same way Ozai blew up Aang's defenses and knocked him off the hill, an attack that almost knocked Aang out at one point

Yes because she as more focused on getting Ruby away that she was about killing the Ursa

Aang wasnt knocked out though, he got hit in the back and that activated the Avatar State

Ruby was not present for 95% of the fight, so that's false. She was fighting it and attacking it with everything she had moments earlier. She then got knocked away easily and once she came back, instead of activating her Semblance, she got bit and thrown away; only then did she have the idea

Not talking about that moment. I'm talking about the scene where Ozai threw a stream that blew right through Aang's earth wall, exploded right near him and actually knocked him out momentarily. He regained consciousness a few seconds later just short of hitting the ground below the hill.

You're also ignoring Ozai's lightning, which is even more potent than his fire and can definitely incapacitate once her aura has gone to shit.

Kepekley23 said:
You're also ignoring Ozai's lightning, which is even more potent than his fire and can definitely incapacitate once her aura has gone to shit.
This

In that case its a moment of PIS for a pre-timeskip yang that in character abuses her semblance always, even against fodder

Where in that moment was he knocked out?

Yeah, when her aura is down it can, not before like you were previously arguing.

So now it's suddenly PIS. Okay. Now where's the proof she will use it before she gets her Aura shattered by Ozai's stream that you claim exists, please?

Right when Ozai launched a fire stream in his defensive earth wall and knocked him away. He closed his eyes and was extremely dazed, and came back to his composure just in time to avoid hitting the ground.

When she is low enough on aura, a lightning bolt will finish her off.

@Keeweed Ozai I think. Ozai for reasons above, now he is 10.11 tons.

Wait I just got back, Ozai is getting upgraded? Does that mean it's now a stomp?

Oh man that sucks I guess. (Probably for the best though)

Should this be closed then?

Back