• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Poin Dont forget tht Merc lowered Yang's aura to 16, with 15 being the knockout point for the tournament, and only THEN did she activate her semblance. If Semblances drained aura she would have been knocked out immediately.

Also Qrow's pasive semblance that works even after his aura is depleted

@Poin

I think you're confusing being very low on Aura to having your Aura outright broken and down to 0% which is what the writers are saying

I literally showed you a clip of Yang using her Semblance without Aura and Qrow's Semblance works without Aura as well.

Hazel's Semblance most likely works without Aura also.

https://youtu.be/7Sn8BGKOv6Q?t=177

Up there Yang uses her Semblance despite it breaking and Qrow's bad luck is still in effect even after his Aura broke.

Nora stated that Hazel regenerates his Aura faster then anyone they've ever seen. This implies that Hazel had his Aura broken during the battle but it regenerated.

Hazel would have passed out from the immense pain of injecting Dust into his body if his Semblance didn't work.

Okay, that Yang clip is straightforward. However, it was just a minor point in my argument, so whatever, I guess.

@Weekly

Ember Celica being raw kinetic energy is old RWBY Wiki speculation, and isn't ever confirmed in the show IIRC. They are literal shells that explode as soon as they touch the ground.

The point still stands. Neon isn't Yang level, Yang's aura will be depleted by Ozai.

It was just a minor argument, though. The fact that Neon isn't on Yang's level, and the fact that Ozai bombing Yang with higher than 2.12 tons fireballs will shatter her Aura relatively quickly - remains. Ozai still wins.

@Kep No, there is a big difference between Yang's regular ammo and her Red Shells, which are tangible ammunition.

Prove Neon isnt Yang level. Hell the Paladin feat directly contradicts your agrument because its blatantly much stronger than Yang and she STILL oneshot it with her semblane

Yang's Orange Shells are also on the same level as her Red Shells. One is long range and the other is close range.

Got one shotted by Yang's shot, Yang tanked her attack and she resorted to speed to avoid hits does it for me

Youre going to need more proof thn using Neon getting oneshotted by Semblance amped Yang if you want to prove that she's not base Yang level. Especially when she went on to fight alongside all the other students to repel the grimm from Beacon.

Didn't Screw Attack state that Yang fires Kinetic Energy?

Screw Attack is a part of Rooster Teeth so I don't think RT would let them have a mistake like that.

Ozai for reasons above and higher range, which is dozens of meters despite "destroying several kilometers of the Earth Kingdom's beach".

Cropfist said:
Ozai for reasons above and higher range, which is dozens of meters despite "destroying several kilometers of the Earth Kingdom's beach".
Fixed, it was only calculated to be around 50 meters, not kilometers. Yang still outranges him

@Weekly

You mentioned a good one. Neon ran away from a Boarbatusk while Coco destroyed them, and Neon's best feat is budging Yang a little with continuous strikes, something that visibly fails to do anything other than anger her.

I can also show you Neon kicking Yang with her arms frozen and failing to damage her.

Neon has no feats that make her Yang level.

Weekly and Kep can you both explain your reasoning on why Yang or Ozai would win again?

Vote Count Update

Yang: 5 (Weekly, Velox1r0kore, Ricsi, ZephyrosOmega, and Morlock435 )

Ozai: 8 (Kepekley23, Gargoyle, RebubleUselet, Everlasting, Dragoo Faust, Theglassman12, Hunterzilla, and Cropfist)

Grace Period starts

Poinciana1971 said:
What Plotholes?

I'm actually curious.
the grimm breach in season 2 being a "massive failure". the show, ewll, showing a poster for the vytal festival saying annual festiveal, pyrrhas armor being somehow given to jaune, tecmicly tubys speed was supposed to be just that, speed, no logia. raven not just waltzing in and taking the relic, racism against fanus being badly protraied, semblaces have litiraly no basis (ren describes them as either being like the fighter, theire opposite, or nothing to do with them)

Kepekley23 said:
@Weekly
You mentioned a good one. Neon ran away from a Boarbatusk while Coco destroyed them, and Neon's best feat is budging Yang a little with continuous strikes, something that visibly fails to do anything other than anger her.

I can also show you Neon kicking Yang with her arms frozen and failing to damage her.

Neon has no feats that make her Yang level.
So im guessing you missed the huge drop kick that sent Yang flying?

Poinciana1971 said:
Weekly and Kep can you both explain your reasoning on why Yang or Ozai would win again?
Yang wins because her samblance would allow her to overpower Ozai, who is barely 1% stronger than her, before he takes down her aura, coupled with her better range and mobility to be able to avoid his attacks and the fact that Ozai is demonstrably cocky even against the opponent philosophized to beat him

Ricsi-viragosi said:
why are her gounlets houndreds of meters btw? they arent snipers
Because theyve shown to be equally as effective against long distance opponents as Crescent Rose has

Against opponents like the Nevermore, when all four members of Team RWBYwere bombarding it from a distance with their ranged attacks. I never said anything about its power meaning it has comparable range.

Poinciana1971 said:
Ozai: As Ozai continually does in character, he can spam fire attacks. I've explaned why I believe Yang wouldn't use her Semblance in time, and that Ozai would drain Yang's Aura severely with his attacks and eventually shatter it, leaving her vulnerable to his kill.

@Weekly

Actually, Yang's eyes can also be a sign of her getting angry as opposed to using her Semblance. She almost always has the flaming hair while using it.

Can someone please explain why we're acting like Yang is an idiot who wouldnt use her Semblance against an opponent like Ozai? She was trained to not use her semblance when facing opponents like Mercury who che can fight in h2h combat, not a guy flying around spewing everywhere.

Doesn't Yang need to propel herself with Ember Celica to fly? If that's the case she won't be able to attack Ozai when she's doing so, while Ozai can bombard her with his attacks until he drains her Aura.

Kepekley23 said:
@Weekly
Actually, Yang's eyes can also be a sign of her getting angry as opposed to using her Semblance. She almost always has the flaming hair while using it.
No actually, it is always an indicator of her using her semblance and always has been.

RebubleUselet said:
Doesn't Yang need to propel herself with Ember Celica to fly? If that's the case she won't be able to attack Ozai when she's doing so, while Ozai can bombard her with his attacks until he drains her Aura.
She doesnt need to fly when she can outrange him and bombard him with attacks of ever-increasing potency

Can't he just outlast her by dodging her attacks? From what I got RWBY generally lacks in stamina feats. Unless you call slaying dozens of fodders without a sign of fatigue a legitimate feat.

RebubleUselet said:
Can't he just outlast her by dodging her attacks? From what I got RWBY generally lacks in stamina feats.
Yang was able to fight alongside her teammates for a full day starting from early morning until late at night before she tired out. She's by no means lacking in stamina.

@Kep Who said i was mad? I'd just like an answer

Saying she wont activate her semblance here is going against her character. She doesnt use it unless she needs it. Against a guy who is staying out of her range and bombarding her with fire, she will realize she needs it right away. She has no reason to think otherwise

There's a difference between reserving her semblance because she doesnt need it and deliberately not using it when she needs it.

Can you give me the link? I currently don't remember much from RWBY sadly. I'd also like to know how good Ozai's stamina is.

Back