• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

TheRustyOne

VS Battles
Calculation Group
3811804-4667190998-ozai
Yang2complete
Yang must face the Fire Lord himself in combat, can she win?
Both are High 8-C and Speed is Equalized

Most likely yes. Yang is 2 tons without her semblance and can only get stronger, while Ozai is 2.12 tons with (i think?) his strongest attacks. Yang without her semblance could potentially beat him with moderate difficulty, her semblance just makes it easier.

Pseudo flight isn't as good as legitimate flight. Also Ozai should have much higher range since he scorched the land pretty easily.

Ok, that's not really gonna help against someone who's main shctick is shoot giant waves of fire and lightning at the enemy from afar.

It will when those waves of fire and lightning are literally 1% stronger and will only be so for all of a few seconds if they actually manage to hit her to the point where she can either dodge around them or just power right through them, or just hit him with her own amped ranged attacks capable of oneshotting people with durability comparabel to her base durability.

@Weekly ok, and Ozai has tanked attacks from Aang when in the avatar state, who was powering through everything that he had.

The 2.12 tons attack was far from Ozai's strongest attack, that was just him warming up (literally) right after Sozin's Comet's passage

The semblance that she won't be using in the beginning and only near the end as a trump card, as taught to her by her father.

Plus, continuous heat-based attacks and lightning attacks are great aura depleters.

Doesnt mean she cant withstand his attacks to the point that she'd realize she needs her semblance and uses it

She has fought plenty of "slightly above baseline"'rs and has never done that. She will only use it as soon as she realizes she's cornered and has no other equally valid options, which is to say, quite a while into the fight.

Meanwhile, Ozai's continuous fire attacks are definitely going to strain her. She can't dodge them, and continuous heat attacks greatly tire out one's Aura, as demonstrated with Weiss.

Lightning is a very good weapon for him to have, too.

Like who...? The only slightly above High 8-C she's fought post timeskip is Mercury and half the time she had Emerald mindscrewing her. Meanwhile her Semblance has displayed the ability to overpower things that are several times stronger than her base self, hell she was even anle to power her way through Flynt's sound attack even when it was amped by Killer Quartet.

Why exactly cant Yang dodge his fire attacks with her mobility and the fact that speed is equalized? Where exactly has Weiss ever been exposed to continuous heat? If youre referring to the Flynt feat she was already extremely low on aura and the lava just depleted it the rest of the way.

Almost everyone she fights. As you said yourself, it's "literally 1%". Plenty of people scale around that level. It'd be the same thing as fighting a baseline.

Weiss was somewhat low on aura, and then it was made a point that her aura was completely depleted after being hit by the lava geyser. It shows a notable weakness to heat-based attacks no matter how it is spun, since lava is just molten rock.

Yeah and she's used her semblance to beat those people more times than not. Junior, the Paladin, Flynt and Neon, Mercury (Yes he was holding back but she still demonstrated the power to beat him), people on or above her level that her semblance has allowed her to overpower. Hell Neon is a prime example, she was only hit a few times by someone on her level and her semblance made her strong enough to oneshot Neon.

Thats not a weakness, that just means Weiss has no innate resistance to heat.

Do i think Ozai has a chance? Probably. Do i think Yang is guaranteed to win? No, she's definitely going to have a tough time here, but once Yang realizes she needs it, her Semblance will give her a win more often than not.

All of these examples are from before the Timeskip. She was specifically taught that doing things such as what she did with Neon would be a no no because it'd make her reliant on the Semblance.

In a fight against a guy who abuses the heck out of fire, it's a weakness. Lightning is also very, very great to have here, since electricity tends to deplete aura almost as nicely as lava. Hazel almost one shotting Qrow is a good example that can't be overruled by "Tier 7 vs. Tier 8" stuff.

Exactly, because those fights are a basis for what she's capable of when she uses her semblance. Im aware, but again, not relying on her semblance as a crutch doesnt mean she will never use it even if she actually does need it, which is even more likely due to SBA.

Again, no. Not having a resistance to fire =/= having an innate weakness to fire. And this is assuming he can hit her. And since when has electricity been shown to explicitly deplete aura? Hazel never oneshot Qrow, what are you talking about?

I never denied she would use it, but the fact Post Timeskip Yang has grown to fight for herself and taught to only use it when she actually does need it means she won't suddenly be powering through his flames with the Semblance.

Once again, I never said that. What I said: in a fight against a guy who abuses the heck out of fire, it's a weakness.

Almost one-shotted. Electricity is not something that anyone in the series can no-sell, bar Nora. It outright passes through their physical defenses like butter, and Yang is hardly an exception.

"Yang has grown to fight for herself and taught to only use it when she actually does need it"

"What I said: in a fight against a guy who abuses the heck out of fire, it's a weakness"

Doesn't that mean that Yang will definitely realize that she needs to use it? Especially in this fight, she'll need to take him out early on. He's a better fighter, has AOE, and better mobility (not that Yang doesn't have good mobility). With all that I'm sure it's a good enough reasoning for Yang to try and not drag out the fight. So she'll likely use her semblance to take him out.

We've seen many RWBY characters tank fire attacks without taking out their aura or really showing to have that much of a difference compared to other attacks, so yeah Aura's still gonna be a big factor

Besides Hazel sending Qrow flying isn't really saying anything since Hazel is noticeably MUCH stronger than everyone else (not counting Maidens). Not relevant to Yang really

Doesn't that mean that Yang will definitely realize that she needs to use it? Especially in this fight, she'll need to take him out early on.

What makes Ozai any different than the various rivals she has faced at a first glance? Why would she feel the need to use her Semblance right off the bat as opposed to delaying its use, when she has been pressured before, Post-Timeskip and not used it?

We've seen many RWBY characters tank fire attacks without taking out their aura or really showing to have that much of a difference compared to other attacks, so yeah Aura's still gonna be a big factor

1. Differentiate a single small fireball from continuous, large-scale flames that engulf all and will almost not stop.

2. I know for a fact this is bogus. I checked for feats before making that claim. I can count in one hand the times they've been directly hit by single fire attacks, but can't count the times where they haven't been significantly affected.

3. Weiss debunks this.

Besides Hazel sending Qrow flying isn't really saying anything since Hazel is noticeably MUCH stronger than everyone else (not counting Maidens). Not relevant to Yang really

Hazel's shocks were pretty much cleaning the house.

The reasons I just stated are why Ozai is different. He's better than everyone else she's fought. In fact she won't get many hits in at all, however the difference is that he doesn't have aura. Without aura it's just a shotgun blast that'll kill him really. Even so she'll be getting hit way more so she'll need her semblance to get even some damage on him.

Like can we seriously compare Ozai to anybody else Yang has fought? He's probably beat all of them in terms of skill (not sure about Neo....).

Blake using a fire explosion on Roman didn't destroy his aura, even while having been attacked before and his aura still didn't break after being attacked with fire. Just an example. There's really no proof about fire being able to deplete aura faster, I'll concede that electricity will have its effects felt but it's not going through aura

Not voting yet btw.

Sun didn't have his aura on at the time. Aura is not on consistently, it's turned on and off. He was distracted when it happened.

And the fact that Kepe stated that it's not always on makes it very likely that Ozai would do much more damage with his lightning, enhanced by sozin's comet

What do you mean? She's going to definitely have her aura on whenever she's gonna get hit. We've never seen her not have it on while getting hit, she'a not as careless as Sun.

Anyway yeah she's gonna totally feel the lightning although it takes a charge up time and since speed is equalized it will be the same speed as his other attacks. Not that big of a deal

Still not like he uses it all that often. Just a few times. I don't think it's gonna be a deciding factor, again with its speed equalized and all

He does use it plenty of times. That was his first move when he got his bending back. He only stopped using it because Aang can redirect the lightning.

Back