• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yall know I'm jumpin on this shit right now: Thanos VS. Darkseid

Status
Not open for further replies.
NostalgiaTrip said:
Wow most of the people here haven't even given good reasons as to why Thanks should win.
With the Gauntlet? Better feats pure and simple. Thanos with the IG is way too powerful and way too broken for Darkseid without external power-ups to beat. Even with a noob Gauntlet user like Adam Warlock The Living Tribunal had to get personally involved and the amount of effort he would have to exert to forcibly take the Gauntlet from Adam would have destroyed overspace as collateral. Magus using an incomplete Gauntlet nearly destroyed the Marvel Omniverse. Thanos with the Gauntlet casually overpowered a dozen multiversal abstract beings before de-throning Multi-Eternity himself. Darkseid is powerful...he ain't that powerful at least not without the ALE or the Soulfire serum.

Yeah. But Darkseid himself is multiversal entity. And unlike Thanos... He is an abstract entity. As long as evil exists, so will Darkseid.

NostalgiaTrip said:
Yeah. But Darkseid himself is multiversal entity. And unlike Thanos... He is an abstract entity. As long as evil exists, so will Darkseid.
Thanos has effortlessly sealed multiple abstract entities.

Doesn't both Pre-Flashpoint Emanation and Post-Flashpoint abilities get applied to a much greater degree when utilizing Godhead? Wouldn't that also apply the resistances to sealing from the Pre-Flashpoint? I'm confused on if that's the case, correct me if I'm wrong.

I just find it hard to believe. Darkened is larger than a universe. Like Multiversal big. So how is the i finish gauntlet going to work On something that isn't even in their universe fully?

And what's to stop Darkseid from simply boomtoobing Thanks into the space between dimensions? Pretty certain the gauntlet wouldn't work from there.

Plus Darkseid is far smarter than Thanks. Even if he was sealed away, couldn't be just make more avatars? Or cast himself into a host?

Also, Darkseid is merely a Supergenius while Thanos is nigh omniscient. Thanos is actually the smarter one here. And again, precog tells him this is a fight he should be taking seriously, so arrogance means nothing.

This is a conundrum in itself, this fight. This starts off with Godhead that as I've said, has all of his abilities to a much greater degree which includes his Pre-Flashpoint incarnation (and probably his resistances? Not sure, still haven't gotten an answer on that), but let's dig a little further. The primary reason of his existence with avatars, and how that breaks this fight.

To the knowledge that I've learned from his page, as well as reading up on the info provided, if Godhead Darkseid exists in the Standard Battle Assumptions, he's already collapsing the multiverse around him with his presence. Regardless of Precognition it always starts off as the same, the Multiverse already collapsing around Darkseid's presence. And despite the part of Darkseid's intelligence lacking, I can't even begin to understand how that'd work (or not work) when he's able to see erased timelines, again, because of him being in an area by Standard Battle Assumptions? Might just be me.

Edit: Nevermind. Realized that was the Omega Sanction, not just Fate Manipulation on its own.

That's another point that Heremus has brought up.

Darkseid on his own is a threat to the multiverse. Sure Thanos may be able to whisk away the part of him that exists in the universe that is currently there... but what about the rest of his mighty form?

There is almost nothing that Thanos can do to stop the destruction of the Multiverse.

A High Multiversal character with High Multiversal range can't stop the destruction of the Multiverse? What?

Despite the fact that it beat the abstracts, which are Multiverse level characters. It's on the profile even. Make a CRT if you have an issue with it.

I always assumed that he had just sealed away the parts of them that existed in the universe that he resied in. Kind of like closing them off from the universe.

NostalgiaTrip said:
But the Infinity Gauntlent isn't Multiversal. It only works in it's own Universe!!!!

Has everyone forgot that!?
Wasn't that retconned recently?

Also, Thanos can reach into overspace with the gauntlet, soooo

Okay, let me ask this then: Is the feat of Godhead Darkseid falling meant to be taken as casually, as something that Thanos wouldn't break a sweat over? Is it odd to mention that a majority of Godhead's feats stated on the profile mention he is dying, during this? How much does this change the results? And again, the erased timelines I mentioned with Darkseid's intelligence, how does that work in this situation?

Even though I read up on his profile, the opponent's profile, the Infinity Gauntlet and the Abstracts that have been affected by it, I'm just a person who doesn't have the entire grasp on all the feats that should be taken into account with Darkseid on this. Perhaps I should inform someone who does, about this fight?

Edit: It might be an outdated piece of information, but it still mentions the weakness of it working in its "universe" on the IG's own, separate page. May be something that needs to be fixed, because it contradicts itself. It mentions the weakness there, yet it also has a Note that denies it? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Infinity_Gauntlet

Heremus said:
Okay, let me ask this then: Is the feat of Godhead Darkseid falling meant to be taken as casually, as something that Thanos wouldn't break a sweat over? Is it odd to mention that a majority of Godhead's feats stated on the profile mention he is dying, during this? How much does this change the results? And again, the erased timelines I mentioned with Darkseid's intelligence, how does that work in this situation?
Even though I read up on his profile, the opponent's profile, the Infinity Gauntlet and the Abstracts that have been affected by it, I'm just a person who doesn't have the entire grasp on all the feats that should be taken into account with Darkseid on this. Perhaps I should inform someone who does, about this fight?

Edit: It might be an outdated piece of information, but it still mentions the weakness of it working in its "universe" on the IG's own, separate page. May be something that needs to be fixed, because it contradicts itself. It mentions the weakness there, yet it also has a Note that denies it? https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/The_Infinity_Gauntlet
How casual the feat was really doesn't change or upgrade his dc in anyway. He fell through time and space breaking a universe or two on the way down that caused a gravitational well that were pulling the rest of the 50+ universes into a metaphysical singularity at his epicenter. Thanos defeating Multi-Eternity who is the Marvel Multiverse (which is much bigger than DC's post Infinite Crisis multiverse) is much more impressive.

Darskeid's feats being casual means nothing. The IG's High 2-A rating comes from the fact that each gem exists above space and time, and the IG combines all of their power. his means Thanos is at least 6x more powerful than baseline.

Thanos is the more intelligent one, as he is Nigh-Omniscient with the IG. Even without the IG, it's still debatable if Darkseid is smarter.

The Omega Beams hitting someone forces them into the Omega Sanction. However, Thanos's precognition will warn him of what the beams do, and he'll just open a portal in front of the beams.

Thanos can also BFR Darksied, kill Darkseid by snapping, transmutate Darksied into various materials, etc. Thanos has more ways of winning and his precognition will allow him to use these moves knowing that Darkseid can't resist them.

It's Thanos vs Darkseid. Practically every version has been done. So long as it's not on the profiles, I can do it myself.

Unoriginal Memes said:
Darskeid's feats being casual means nothing. The IG's High 2-A rating comes from the fact that each gem exists above space and time, and the IG combines all of their power. his means Thanos is at least 6x more powerful than baseline.
Thanos is the more intelligent one, as he is Nigh-Omniscient with the IG. Even without the IG, it's still debatable if Darkseid is smarter.

The Omega Beams hitting someone forces them into the Omega Sanction. However, Thanos's precognition will warn him of what the beams do, and he'll just open a portal in front of the beams.
"Even without the IG, it's still debatable if Darkseid is smarter."

What bullshit is that!? He made a machine that could enter the source!!! And let's not forget that the Source is a 1-A location.

http://i.imgur.com/Itvz4LF.jpg

He created a machine that turns beings into cosmic forces and transports them to the anti-life realm.

http://i.imgur.com/UzzBCpW.jpg

Hell he even outsmarted the source... no matter how much that doesn't make any bloody sense.

https://imgur.com/a/3UDOF

And finally this. Just take a look at this - http://i.imgur.com/agpAqHl.jpg

So please think before you speak. There is no way that Thanos could outsmart Darkseid without the IG!!

It is without question. That Darkseif is far superior to most characters in the DC verse and Marvel verse.

The questions of Darkseid vs Thanos has been one that has lasted the ages. But we who know the glory of Darkseid know this... Darkseid has no proper powerups that he can use against the likes of Thanos.

He seeks things that are more often than not... weaker than weapons in the Marvel verse.

Thanos requires weapons and power-ups to do that which Darkseid did with his own two hands.

Cool, but Thanos is nigh-omniscient

also stop with your annoying darkseid propaganda. This IS thanos with the IG. Debate Darkseid against IG thanos or don't comment. Nobody came here to see your love ballad.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Cool, but Thanos is nigh-omniscient

also stop with your annoying darkseid propaganda. This IS thanos with the IG. Debate Darkseid against IG thanos or don't comment. Nobody came here to see your love ballad.
You obviously didn't read what I just wrote. I was angry about the guy before me saying that Base Thanos was smarter than Darkseid.

Second of all... if you are going to call out someone for voicing their opinions and reasoning... then you have something seriously wrong with you.

It's obvious that you don't actually want for their to be a discussion.

How can someone just accept... 'he stomps'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back