• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yahvo additions

Obviously, I must choose some starting point as my anchor. Writing Ages is a science - a precisely structured equation of words. Every equation needs as its foundation an underlying concept around which the Age can develop. In the past, I have written my Books around whatever idea intrigued me most at the time. I wanted to discover how the Age to which the Book linked would manifest the results of that idea. Sometimes civilizations had arisen. Sometimes they had not. But whether a society had come to exist on the Age or not, it was often in response to whatever concept the Book I had written embodied. This time, my search for a concept must be weighed very carefully. I already have the civilization I wish to see develop. I know our history as a people, and the paths we have followed to arrive here. Today I must write a Book which will link to an Age that will allow us to continue on our way, growing ever stronger as one people. What underlaying concept must this new Age reflect that will best allow our civilization to thrive?

Is this conceptual manipulation?

Also

Law manipulation via scaling to the d'ni

And

Immeasurable speed for existing outside his own "tree"

Look to be Conceptual Manipulation (Type 3) like Yukari Yakumo's or Beiloune writing/naming based Conceptual Manipulation

• 3. Aristotelian Concept: Such concepts are abstract and govern all reality. These concepts shape everything, and changing them would either require the alteration of every object of the concept or, if manipulated directly, change all objects of the concept alongside the concept itself. These concepts, however, exist simultaneously with and are bound by the object of the concept. In this way, an abstract Aristotelian Concept can be destroyed by destroying all objects of the concept, restored by re-making an object of a previously existent concept, or changed by changing all objects of the concept across reality. This, however, does not qualify for this form of conceptual manipulation, and is rather treated as a byproduct of another action akin to a "domino effect". This type of conceptual manipulation can only be obtained if the abstract concept itself is changed directly, and not by indirect methods. For example, destroying humanity and thus "ending the concept of humanity" would not qualify, while directly "ending the concept of humanity" and thus destroying humanity would qualify.

I'm not seeing it. Concept in this case seems to refer to coming up with an idea rather than an actual abstraction. You can ask Kal or Assalt though.

Kaltias or Assaltwaffle might be able to help, yes.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
I'm not seeing it. Concept in this case seems to refer to coming up with an idea rather than an actual abstraction. You can ask Kal or Assalt though.
Books are literally universes in myst

Antvasima said:
Kaltias or Assaltwaffle might be able to help, yes.
Zach, I think Antvasima makes sense. You should contact them for their inputs, in my opinion.

Also, the player character of the series was brought into adventure through a space-time anomoly that Catherine stated was created by "the maker"

BFR?

Looks like Type 3. I dunno about Plot Manipulation but the rest is fine

Changing the books the d'ni made with the art (A supernatural power yahvo gave them) changes reality like writing about a spaceship created a spaceship

Like dream of the endless

I trust Promestein's sense of judgement.

I'm not as knowledgeable on the verse as Zach, but most of everything here -- Immeasurable speed, Law Manip, Immortality, Plot, etc -- seems to line up.with what I know from playing the games. Only thing I wasn't sure about was the Conecpt Manip, but Elizhaa seems to make a good case for it fititng within our standards.

The parts accepted by Promestein can probably be applied.

Promestein says she isn't 100% sure about Plot Manipulation but the others were okay.

Edit: She hasn't commented on the immortaliyty part yet

Yes. If she does not reply, you can ask her to do so via her message wall later.

What is the rationale for plot manipulation?

I do not know. What type of multiverse is it?

Back