• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoverse and heroes Biggest Downgrade ever exist! Born and rise from dust and ashes and returned to it

I mean if continuous tense is not contradicted to 2-A then even if the translation is true,the verse is still not be downgraded at all and there is nothing left to debate

I mean if continuous tense is not contradicted to 2-A then even if the translation is true,the verse is still not be downgraded at all and there is nothing left to debate
Yeah, lemme explain what we all didn't get

the progressive/continous verb is the state of having infinite branches and not the process of branching itself.

It's like saying "history is having an infinite amount of branches"

what is the word "have" in that statement in Japanese?because according to OP,the continuous tense is used for "branch" not "have" so I wonder if the word "have" exists in that statement or not

I should point out that several people here have pointed out that the Crack of Time contains all timelines that have, will, or do exist. Demigra's death shook the Crack of Time in XV1 and was even causing it to seemingly collapse. Regardless of if Xenoverse has infinite timelines or not the 2-A logic should apply there. The Crack of Time Shaking feat would then make anyone who scales to Giant Demon God Demigra a 2-A fighter anyways. As for the present argument of the translators, it is CONSISTENT that infinitely branched is the canon.
There may be a translator or two who claim it's infinitely branching, but we also had at least one human translator posted here in the thread that confirms it's infinitely branched in addition to most online translators providing it as past tense forms of division or separation. They use words like fragmented or divided. I think the fact that these "faulty" bots are translating it CONSISTENTLY as past tense establishes it as such. There are only so many times this can be wrong guys. Dragon Ball Heroes isn't affected so I won't bother going over that, but XV being 2-A is coming across as consistent. I even posted two different scans of translations online, most of them put it as infinitely fragmented/divided/branched. With less evidence of 2-B the used tier should be 2-A.

Yuraga siad it best.
Even if we go by the statements that somehow supports 2-B, we will still end up with 2-A
and the fact that majority of translations agree with 2-A yet only one or maybe two agree with 2-B is suspicious af!

If there's other evidence this really dosen't matter that much can someone just bring up the other evidence? Or was noone here around during those discussions?

I think the thread should be closed, the evidence that was provided for the downgrade is very shaky and suspicious in my opinion

Translating into infinitely branching is not that wrong tbh,but I don’t care much since we have Crack of Time as 2-A

We have the word てる so it should be continuous tense,people here said that it’s “having” so it describes current state instead of progress although idk if the word “have” actually exists or not

Like some others said, I don't really care whether or not 2-A stays, but there is something I want to point out incase it's never been addressed before.

When it comes to "History being infinitely branched out", is the context here speaking about an actual infinite number of space-times existing? And not just time itself being infinitely long between past -> present -> future?

So I've been called to check on this...

I would think with the way the "~ている" was spoken, despite missing the middle hiragana part, and adding the rest of the sentence here, the line with history probably would be something like "history is infinitely branching" or something.

Then again, the part with branching by itself is confusing when you put place it by itself to that of when you put it with the rest of the sentence where Redgrave got "history has infinite branches".

This boggles me up tbh, so I would take either or isn't wrong with this?

Okay, would you mind showing evidence of that then?
Sure, all credits go to RedReborn1's blog, which I linked Earlier.

Time Crystals are referred as history.

Which of them containing a timeline.

Fu states history is not linear and certainly not finite because of the vast and countless network of events. Aka, possibilities.

Quoting RedReborn:
"Fu, one of the most intelligent character in Dragon Ball Heroes/Xenoverse tells Dabura that he is interested in exploring all the possibilities. He then proceeds to clarify that he is talking about timelines. This suggests that the term Possibility and Timeline are interchangeable and that possibilities can be explored."

A Time Patroller states "History" can end up taking an infinite number of paths. Which suggests History means timelines and possibilities.

On that same note, here's some more evidence from the same blog.
History is stated to be infinite in the DLC Pack, and in the promotional material

This also suggests that History is the collective of the paths and possibilities, aka, the Multiverse, since the plot is essentially focused on exploring and fixing possibilities, as Fu stated earlier.

I would think with the way the "~ている" was spoken, despite missing the middle hiragana part, and adding the rest of the sentence here, the line with history probably would be something like "history is infinitely branching" or something.

Then again, the part with branching by itself is confusing when you put place it by itself to that of when you put it with the rest of the sentence where Redgrave got "history has infinite branches".

I mean,

here's the original line in-game, is it really worded weirdly, or is it just transcribed wrong?

History can mean a timeline or the whole multiverse right?
So the statement about history is infinitely branched, or has infinite branches.
Would it mean that there are infinite timelines or infinite multiverseses

Ohhh thanks for telling me
Quick question, does dbxv follow the quantum theory of the multiverse or something like that?

Ohhh thanks for telling me
Quick question, does dbxv follow the quantum theory of the multiverse or something like that?
No idea. Someone probably more capable is probably going to answer.
I mean, I have never seen an argument for this interpretation in my short life.

Actually both translations provided by you and Redgrave are correct in thier own ways, even on various translations sites and context finding sites both the translations are plausible, but more often then not a sentence in past or present tense is given more frequently while the the progressive/continuous one is a minority.

🤷‍♂️
So I guess this difference is supposed to be picked up situation by situation in a verbal-spoken environment??

Actually both translations provided by you and Redgrave are correct in thier own ways, even on various translations sites and context finding sites both the translations are plausible, but more often then not a sentence in past or present tense is given more frequently while the the progressive/continuous one is a minority.

🤷‍♂️
So I guess this difference is supposed to be picked up situation by situation in a verbal-spoken environment??

A friend of mine who knows Japanese basically told me that this kanji してる indicates that that infinity has already been reached,an action that has already been completed (In the present). So like, history, in the moment they're talking, has already branched into a 2-A amount of timelines.

A friend of mine who knows Japanese basically told me that this kanji してる indicates that that infinity has already been reached,an action that has already been completed (In the present). So like, history, in the moment they're talking, has already branched into a 2-A amount of timelines.
Another translator adds to the majority side of present tense. So its pretty clear that the cosmology is 2A.
Barring all this Crack of Time as explained by many above, is 2A regardless of size of cosmology. So 2A for XV is maintained even in worst case scenario.

This 2A/2B chapter can be closed now. Hell even the Hax part is preferable to be done in another thread by @Rabbit2002 . This whole thread should be closed.

Back