• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Xenoverse and heroes Biggest Downgrade ever exist! Born and rise from dust and ashes and returned to it

You're not understanding...

1- I never asked you about the quality of it
2- This is the important point you've failed to understand. I'm literally saying that the translation is correct, what I said is that you're just misinterpreting the phrasing/meaning of it, aka taking it out of context
tbh it's not really contradicted to the context,The Time Patroller says that he doesn't know which history is correct because there are endless histories out there,I don't see any problem in this case,not to mention Qliphoth directly says that "I don't get anything that says they already exist" which blatantly means infinite branches don't exist at present,if you think the translation is correct then 2-A in this scan is wrong

tbh it's not really contradicted to the context,The Time Patroller says that he doesn't know which history is correct because there are endless histories out there,I don't see any problem in this case,not to mention Qliphoth directly says that "I don't get anything that says they already exist" which blatantly means infinite branches don't exist at present,if you think the translation is correct then 2-A in this scan is wrong
The arguments are getting circular, you're not understanding what I'm trying to say

You're misunderstanding what branching means here, while Japanese dictionaries makes it very clear that it's not referring to a continuous process that is going on, it's referring to something that has already happened and this is why, again, online translations give you "infinitely branched" Instead of "infinitely branching"

Because the infinite branches have come into existence. That's the point and you even agreed with me on this btw

https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/枝分かれ

https://kokugo.jitenon.jp/word/p4679

Look, past tense. Referring to " Branched"

Look, Branching but the meaning is something that is already Branched

This comes back to the point that you're taking the meaning of "Branching" too literally

That + the stuff in the blog means GG for 2-B

...........................so......we have 2 version of translation:
1. Infinite Branching
2. Infinite Branches
So even if we just look at the result of this one single japanese line and take both of the translations meaning as valid, this still guarantee rating: Atleast 2-B, Likely 2-A

The arguments are getting circular, you're not understanding what I'm trying to say

You're misunderstanding what branching means here, while Japanese dictionaries makes it very clear that it's not referring to a continuous process that is going on, it's referring to something that has already happened and this is why, again, online translations give you "infinitely branched" Instead of "infinitely branching"

Because the infinite branches have come into existence. That's the point and you even agreed with me on this btw

https://ejje.weblio.jp/content/枝分かれ

https://kokugo.jitenon.jp/word/p4679

Look, past tense. Referring to " Branched"

Look, Branching but the meaning is something that is already Branched

This comes back to the point that you're taking the meaning of "Branching" too literally

That + the stuff in the blog means GG for 2-B

but this is ~ているform,and in Japanese it's continuous tense
also you agree with me that the translation on site is not wrong right?accodring to Qliphoth they haven't already existed which is contradicted to your translation

but this is ~ているform,and in Japanese it's continuous tense
also you agree with me that the translation on site is not wrong right?accodring to Qliphoth they haven't already existed which is contradicted to your translation
but it's not referring to an ongoing process. That's what I'm saying

And I asked a friend of mine who said both translations mean the same thing, to further prove this. And Redgrave disagrees with you

also this site says like this:
〜ている is often described as the Japanese equivalent of the English "present continuous" or "to be -ing" form. Although there is quite a lot of overlap, there are lots of situations when 〜ている is not used in the same way as the English "present continuous."

also this site says like this:
〜ている is often described as the Japanese equivalent of the English "present continuous" or "to be -ing" form. Although there is quite a lot of overlap, there are lots of situations when 〜ている is not used in the same way as the English "present continuous."
The entire site you post also have a latter section literally said that the other meaning is past continuous meaning which mean it is already happened and the process is already done

so basically according to the site that I put above it can be translated into two ways that's why we have two different translations :v maybe at least 2-B,likely 2-A I guess

Hi I am the creator of this CRT, I would like to declare one thing that people misunderstand is
"This only affects Xenoverse, Heroes may (or may not) be affected due to the statement from Shin budonkai 3"
Of course there is some evidence from Heroes that proves it is not infinite and Heroes even strongly contradicts things that are "crossverse" like the xenoverse about Cosmology and not just the context.
Personally, split 2 Keys, Xenoverse and Heroes, for characters that appear in both games, XV is 2B, Heroes is 2B likely 2A (or hard 2A if you want)
demigra's 4D mind hax can hold if there is a feat from Heroes (I'm not sure about this) but xv should downgrade and so should the mind hax resistance of those with god ki

Hi I am the creator of this CRT, I would like to declare one thing that people misunderstand is
"This only affects Xenoverse, Heroes may (or may not) be affected due to the statement from Shin budonkai 3"
Of course there is some evidence from Heroes that proves it is not infinite and Heroes even strongly contradicts things that are "crossverse" like the xenoverse about Cosmology and not just the context.
Personally, split 2 Keys, Xenoverse and Heroes, for characters that appear in both games, XV is 2B, Heroes is 2B likely 2A (or hard 2A if you want)

This is will definitely not affect DBH, unless the arguments for it are directly tackled. I am neutral about the split tho.

I think we should verify which translations are the most accurate, don't cling to circular arguments to force someone to downgrade or upgrade
I prioritize fairness, I personally spent over a year verifying whether XV is worth 2A from its Raw on Blog because of the stuff at Spacebattle (many say I don't even read the Blog which is ridiculous thing, I knew and read it from the moment it was created and was so happy I cried tears of joy). XV will still probably would be 2A even if downgrade is accepted or not (the latter will be more certain)
What I mean is "Everyone please calm down and be polite, this is just a thread after all"

?

That is not what the Japanese says

枝分かれしてる

枝分かれ means branch, it's a noun

it's then followed by the verb する, which transforms the noun into a verb, "to branch"

this verb is spoken in a casual form, so the hiragana い is omitted, but this is ~ている form, the progressive/continuous tense. As it's I think intransitive in this sense, specifically it would be continuous.

Here's a link so people don't have to take my word for it and can read up on it themselves

Here's another link, not specific to Japanese, talking about how these tenses function

This tense describes an action that is ongoing.

Personally I would absolutely translate this as "endlessly branching" as opposed to "all timelines already exist"

?

That is not what the Japanese says

枝分かれしてる

枝分かれ means branch, it's a noun

it's then followed by the verb する, which transforms the noun into a verb, "to branch"

this verb is spoken in a casual form, so the hiragana い is omitted, but this is ~ている form, the progressive/continuous tense. As it's I think intransitive in this sense, specifically it would be continuous.

Here's a link so people don't have to take my word for it and can read up on it themselves

Here's another link, not specific to Japanese, talking about how these tenses function

This tense describes an action that is ongoing.

Personally I would absolutely translate this as "endlessly branching" as opposed to "all timelines already exist"
Again the: "Personally I would absolutely translate this as "endlessly branching" as opposed to "all timelines already exist" already make your argument invalid as you personally prefer the meaning you want and ignore the entire context and it possible meaning to suit your taste

Again the: "Personally I would absolutely translate this as "endlessly branching" as opposed to "all timelines already exist" already make your argument invalid as you personally prefer the meaning you want and ignore the entire context and it possible meaning to suit your taste
The translator is not me please!!
I think we should verify which translations are the most accurate, don't cling to circular arguments to force someone to downgrade or upgrade
I prioritize fairness, I personally spent over a year verifying whether XV is worth 2A from its Raw on Blog because of the stuff at Spacebattle (many say I don't even read the Blog which is ridiculous thing, I knew and read it from the moment it was created and was so happy I cried tears of joy). XV will still probably would be 2A even if downgrade is accepted or not (the latter will be more certain)
What I mean is "Everyone please calm down and be polite, this is just a thread after all"
Did you even read this? The first reason I wondered if it was 2A was because of this, it makes no sense for that person to be me lol
I spent a whole year looking for friends to deny this, they all agree and confirm with the translation of Spacebattle except for one (he is the one who knows the least Japanese)
If not, this Crt should never exist

The translator is not me please!!

Did you even read this? The first reason I wondered if it was 2A was because of this, it makes no sense for that person to be me lol
I spent a whole year looking for friends to deny this, they all agree and confirm with the translation of Spacebattle except for one (he is the one who knows the least Japanese)
If not, this Crt should never exist
1. And the translator said: "Personally......". Oke that mean translator is not trust worthy
2. Don't bring Spacebattle argument here, if you want, call your friend at wherever they are and come here to debate directly in this wiki/forum

1. And the translator said: "Personally......". Oke that mean translator is not trust worthy
2. Don't bring Spacebattle argument here, if you want, call your friend at wherever they are and come here to debate directly in this wiki/forum
he gave his reasoning THEN his opinion/belief. Attack his reasoning, not his opinion, you're wasting time debating something that isn't at all relevant.

If he just gave the translation with 0 reasoning, you'd have a point.

Since there are two ways to interpret this statement why we don’t change it to at least 2-B,likely 2-A?because at this point everything here are just circular arguments,no one accepting the translation of others causes many people here waste their time

he gave his reasoning THEN his opinion/belief. Attack his reasoning, not his opinion, you're wasting time debating something that isn't at all relevant.

If he just gave the translation with 0 reasoning, you'd have a point.
It's not even his own reasoning, and who translated that in Spacebattles (that's already hmmmm) said that he would translate that into that phrase from his personal point of view, this is not an argument.

Online translators may not be 100% accurate, but they're not stupid either...

1/ He gave a reason why he did it. Personal or not it doesn't matter if you have good arguments even though not sure if they are really right or wrong
2/ They don't care about vbw or DB so I don't think they will come here. And I gave the raw to them without context adding it even in any verse. Of course this doesn't matter, I can indirectly ask them to give feedback on the translation

It's not even his own reasoning, and who translated that in Spacebattles (that's already hmmmm) said that he would translate that into that phrase from his personal point of view, this is not an argument.

Online translators may not be 100% accurate, but they're not stupid either...
The translator in spacebattle gives two links to make sure that his translation is not wrong,did you click in those links and read them?

1/ He gave a reason why he did it. Personal or not it doesn't matter if you have good arguments even though not sure if they are really right or wrong
2/ They don't care about vbw or DB so I don't think they will come here. And I gave the raw to them without context adding it even in any verse. Of course this doesn't matter, I can indirectly ask them to give feedback on the translation
1. His reason is personal taste, which sorry if i come as aggressive and brutal, as to me the reason is not fairness in my eyes
2. If they don't come then their reasoning and argument are invalid and will not be evaluated

Back