• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Causality said:
I'm remember that Assalt and Matt are agree about the DBH multiverse having "near infinite timelines" so IDK
Both of them said "if that was the case then sure", and people extrapolated that to make it sound like they agreed for that until Matt said lolno himself.

The real cal howard said:
Also, addressing a few other things you mentioned before:
Range: Goku's range of multiversal is purely a matter of semantics, and the only basis of that range being a thing is with that Beerus/Goku clash. Goku normally doesn't go beyond kilometers at most for range.

Abilities: You're right that quality>quantity. Unfortunately for Goku, both are in Mario's favor as everything Goku has, Mario has and more, except for maybe one or two things here and there. Physical prowess and melee fights, yes, are in Goku's favor, obviously. Everything else, Mario. Energy beams don't compare to the myriad of other abilities Mario has.
Even if you're right.

Kilometers > Tens of Meters.

I never said that Goku would attack from a multiverse away. Not even like he could get that far in a fight where Speed is Equalized.

And Mario has more moves, for sure. But why are they better? Is it because they're stronger?

Because I'm contesting that point right now, and even if they are, Goku still has the likely hood of winning for the reasons I've stated before.

They're better because they're more effective, have secondary effects, more versatile, etc. Goku literally only has energy beams in a ranged fight (plus the Kienzan). Mario has transmutation, loads of elemental stuff, etc.

They're better because they're more effective, have secondary effects, more versatile, etc. Goku literally only has energy beams in a ranged fight (plus the Kienzan). Mario has transmutation, loads of elemental stuff, etc.
How does that stuff work?

Just saying he has a power means nothing, you need to explain how it works for it to have merit.

Like I can say "Goku via RW GG", but that doesn't add much, and it is quite facetious.

If said abilities are projectiles and can be dodged, then Goku's Info Analysis + plus better fighting experience + better mobility = is very likely he will dodge.

If the abilities are thought based and/or passive, then that could be something quite damning.

Everything Mario has (except for time manipulation, which Goku resists) is active and projectile based, except for maybe a few things here and there. Goku still can't dodge forever though. Nobody can. Given Mario's options for healing and invincibility, Goku will run out of stamina before Mario.

Everything Mario has (except for time manipulation, which Goku resists) is active and projectile based, except for maybe a few things here and there. Goku still can't dodge forever though. Nobody can. Given Mario's options for healing and invincibility, Goku will run out of stamina before Mario.
Then that means they can all be dodged. Goku can spam IT really easily. And again, he'll go for the seal pretty quickly if his opponent is out of his league. He did this to Omega. He's not going to punch Mario if punching Mario breaks his fist on Mario's face.

Although I still think that Dragon Ball 2-B is comparable, if not superior to Mario 2-B.

Again Goku will start off with Sealing when he knows how strong and haxxed Mario is. He will not just dodge all day in a game of keep away nor will he just Leroy Jenkins it. And seeing as Mario has no resistance to sealing, that's Goku's win. Yes Mario has far more abilities than Goku and the same as him but is it even ic fir him to start with any of the more potent stuff? Along with that range disadvantage Goku's more likely to get his sealing off than Mario is to do anything super haxxy.

I don't think Goku can find out what abilities Mario has, just how strong he is. Not to mention that this sealing was a one time thing that he did on an opponent he was prepped on. You guy are forgetting that this is Goku. He's not like for example, Zelda, whose entire M.O. revolves around sealing.

I don't think Goku can find out what abilities Mario has, just how strong he is. Not to mention that this sealing was a one time thing that he did on an opponent he was prepped on. You guy are forgetting that this is Goku. He's not like for example, Zelda, whose entire M.O. revolves around sealing.
Goku can use his Ki Sense to determine Mario's strength. Goku's Info Analysis is what will inform him to what abilities Mario has, and how they function.

Goku's "prep" was the knowledge that he couldn't win the fight by power alone, that he needed to do something else to win the fight.

You are oversimplifying Goku's character just like ShadowWarrior1999 did if you think that Goku won't seal Mario. If there is a character that Goku can't win by his own merits, he will desperately find another way to win, whether it be fusion, sealing, et cetera. Goku has done this numerous times both within canon and non-canon material. I can list them if you so desire.

And it doesn't matter how often or how many times Goku is willing to use his sealing. Mario lacks the resistance and therefore will be affected by the ability.

Goku might not have a wall of text on his profile, or have hundred of game-breaking abilities at his disposal.

What Goku does have, however, are specific abilities and the right skills that can give him the edge needed to win this fight.

His Ki sensing and Info Analysis will lead to Goku realizing that he can't beat Mario with his own strength and that being touched by such a being's attacks would mean his certain doom, so therefore he will attempt to dodge Mario's attacks.

His greater mobility (true flight, teleportation, et cetera) and Mario's limited range due to his stature and the fact that all of Mario's abilities are projectiles that can, in fact, be dodged will lead to Goku being able to dodge Mario's attacks.

Goku's greater fighting skill, martial art's genius, and character mentality will lead to him realizing that the only way to beat Mario is to seal him like he did Omega.

Mario's lack of sealing resistance means he will be affected by Goku's ability.

To reiterate my vote, Goku wins this 8-9/10 times.

I'm gonna be avoiding this but I thought I would point out Goku could potentially be getting some new abilities, depending on if the a╠Âd╠Âm╠Âi╠Ân╠Âs╠ ╠Â(╠Âl╠Âe╠Ât╠Âs╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠ ╠Âr╠Âe╠Âa╠Âl╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âl╠Â)╠ Matt approves or not

Honestly, this depends on the circumstances. If Mario is (for some reason) a threat to the universe or planet, Goku will use sealing. If Goku is a threat to the universe (again, wink wink), he will use sealing. But if this is just a friendly sparring match, I doubt Goku would use sealing and Mario would gain the edge. So Goku wins 2 times out of 3.

DaBoiWhoOwnsMods said:
Honestly, this depends on the circumstances. If Mario is (for some reason) a threat to the universe or planet, Goku will use sealing. If Goku is a threat to the universe (again, wink wink), he will use sealing. But if this is just a friendly sparring match, I doubt Goku would use sealing and Mario would gain the edge. So Goku wins 2 times out of 3.
SBA makes the characters in character but willing to kill, incompatible, et cetera.

This isn't a friendly sparring match, Goku will view Mario like he views any serious threat.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Goku's only way of winning is sealing. Mario is so much stronger that Goku can't physically do shit to him otherwise.
So?

I remember there being like a dozen matches between 2-Bs and 2-As a few months ago, and most of the time, the 2-A lost to the 2-B because the 2-B had better hax.

And while Goku only has one offensive hax (soon to be more IIRC) he can use against Mario, this is true but it doesn't change anything.

So?

I remember there being like a dozen matches between 2-Bs and 2-As a few months ago, and most of the time, the 2-A lost to the 2-B because the 2-B had better hax.

And while Goku only has one offensive hax (soon to be more IIRC) he can use against Mario, this is true but it doesn't change anything.

How many of those 2-A matches involved the 2-A being Bill Cipher?

Well, Goku's getting Non-Physical Interaction but I think that's just souls and not fully non-corporeal entities.

So that would probably be a stomp, not that it matters here though.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
How many of those 2-A matches involved the 2-A being Bill Cipher?
A lot of them IIRC, but what does that matter.

The fights came down to the abilities of the characters, not the AP, that was what I was trying to establish with my argument.

Warren Valion said:
Well, Goku's getting Non-Physical Interaction but I think that's just souls and not fully non-corporeal entities.
Souls do qualify for "fully non-corporeal entities" last time I checked.

It's not like he can harm nonexisting or abstract beings right now, but souls are never the less non-corporeal.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
Why would Xeno Goku have that?
Xeno Goku basically follows all of the Toei continuity and GT, but at some point in time he learned how to use God Ki.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
DMB 1 said:
Goku can actually harm non-corporeals now.
That's a different Goku.
Why would Xeno Goku have that?
I think it's because Xeno Goku is a more powerful version of that Goku or something.

People, including staff and those knowledgeable on the series, agreed to it here.

To my knowledge, Vegeta in the Buu arc was dead, but he still had a body.

Same thing with Goku at the beginning of the Buu arc and Frieza in the ToP.

I think it comes from the same reasoning that the Future Warriors have Information Analysis, but I'm not entirely sure.

As I said, I'm going from the profile and with my knowledge on the character's mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back