• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Would Heavy Weather's Snail Hax have any affect on the Gems?

Hi. This is something I've been wondering for a few weeks now since I was considering a fight. It may be a silly question with an obvious answer but I'd rather ask it now than look like a knob in the VS threads.

Basically, would Weather Report's Heavy Weather snail hax work on the gems from Steven Universe and by extention, would it work on Steven Universe (the character) as he is a Human-Gem hybrid?

The description of the aformentioned power, for those who want it is below. Thanks in advance.

Subliminal Messaging: Heavy Weather projects scattered rainbows in various places within its range. If the rainbow is touched, the effects will take place. If someone were to gaze at the rainbow, or in the sky, the reflecting sunlight is manipulated by Heavy Weather to give sumblinal messages that cause any living being that sees it to believe that they are turning into a snail.

Those who are affected will begin to physically turn into a snail, and come with the weaknesses of slugs and snails (being naturally slow, weakness to salt, etc.). Since snails reproduce asexually, anything they touch, inanimate or not, will also become a snail and endlessly multiply. Even touching other snails will trigger this ability to affect a person. There is no way to revert the effects once they have already begun.

But are they resustant to mind manipulation?

Heavy Weather is biological manipulation via mind manipulation in a way. Even if none of them actually turned into a snail, the gems would think and act like it happened anyway. Well maybe antway.

Yes and no. Quoting:

• Mind Manipulation/Mind Control: - Due to lacking a brain, mind-altering abilities would not affect Gems. However, some types of mind manipulation attacks that don't work on conventional telepathic principles, such as The Culture's effectors and Rohan Kishibe's Heaven's Door, would likely still work on them.

(That's what I get for misreading.)

I'm probably going to read up on that. Not saying you're wrong or anything, but I always thought you needed a brain for any subliminal message to be effective.

I shall. It's always a bit of an issue with these JoJo fights on here. Considering their hax, most of the matchups I can think of are either stomp or be stopmed. Don't get me wrong, I know these fights are just for fun at the end of the day, but still.

I'll keep this open for ~ a day more just in case anyone else has their opinions to the question.

Jorge Dio is still pretty haxy and I know sod all about Soundman. Appreciate the suggestions regardless. I'll think about it.

Back