• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe downgrade that should have happened a long time ago

Was Connie never downgraded? (Also I know the reply is late, but I was distracted by exams)

There was a recalc from staff recently that put that feat at 6-B and it seems to be the more accepted end

Oh, to make a clear, there is a new 9-B feat; but it’s vastly lower than the one she currently scales to. She would scale to ronaldo as he survived a barrel being slammed into him hard enough to be shattered, rather than the stone wall destroying she currently scales to.

That would probably put some of her match ups in flux though, even if her teir stays the same 9-B is a big tier after all.

Her matches absolutely will be nuked, the whole reason she was such a ‘good’ 9-B was her very high ap, which she won’t have anymore

is Connie the only one that’s left to change? I can’t remember any other changes that need to be made, so if people are fine with the downgrade I can possibly edit the profiles (there are few other beach city townsfolk profiles) now. I’m going to Florida today for Christmas and my grandma doesn’t have internet, so if I do the changes I would need to do them soon (I can still comment because they have phone service but I would need to do the changes on computer and that won’t work).

I haven't read the full thread, but the Fusion Gems she poofs (I don't know if she even scales to them) are comparable to other fusion gems with Wall level feats, including being immersed in lava in the asthenosphere, and seemingly threatening a pod designed to withstand 360 gigapascals.

I haven't read the full thread, but the Fusion Gems she poofs (I don't know if she even scales to them) are comparable to other fusion gems with Wall level feats, including being immersed in lava in the asthenosphere, and seemingly threatening a pod designed to withstand 360 gigapascals.
I don’t see why they would scale to each other. The gems that attacked the pod are entirely unrelated to the gems Connie fought. Some gems are 10-C so which gems were grinded to be the fusions monsters can vary widely. Somewhat unrelated lava isn’t a 9-B feat anymore, heat feats don’t physically scale (and pressure has never been used as an ap feat). Finally Connie’s sword ignores gems durability so she won’t need to scale to them to kill them.

I don’t see why they would scale to each other. The gems that attacked the pod are entirely unrelated to the gems Connie fought. Some gems are 10-C so which gems were grinded to be the fusions monsters can vary widely. Somewhat unrelated lava isn’t a 9-B feat anymore, heat feats don’t physically scale (and pressure has never been used as an ap feat). Finally Connie’s sword ignores gems durability so she won’t need to scale to them to kill them.
They’re actually smaller and have less gems than the one Conney fought, but I completely agree with durability bypassing.

How many gems and how big they are doesn’t matter. It depends on which gems are making them up and how those gems are actually working together. There is no reason to assume any fusion monster is comparable to each other because the entire point of them is that they are very unnatural and different to other gems and themselves.

Though to make this clear if you missed it, Connie is still going to be 9-B no matter what. She would just scale massively above breaking wooden barrels (forgot how to spell his name, but the video of the beach city guy being hit by a barrel hard enough to fragment it is in the thread).

They’re smashed apart Gems, so I’d assume that matters. Also, they show little to no variety in strength over the course of the series.

I didn’t miss the OP, I just disagreed with you on one point, and I guess that’s superfluous anyway due to the properties of Rose’s sword.

I forgot I edited the op to include the barrel stuff. Sorry if I came off as rude, I thought the barrel stuff was buried in the thread.

For the gems, when have they consistently shown comparable strength to each other. The gems in the core didn’t even do 9-B feats; fire and pressure aren’t usable for feats. For the others I can’t remember a single 9-B they have (though my memory isn’t super good).

Edit: Granted if roses sword makes this irrelevant, I’ll drop this topic now. Sorry for any inconvenience.

It’s fine, I’m not offended .org inconvenienced in any matter.

I’ll also drop this, but surviving lava is 9-B via emissivity, just for future reference.

Overall, what’s currently proposed seems agreeable. Is there anything that has yet to be implemented?

Why would emissivity scale physically. If I’m reading the definition right that isn’t a physical phenomenon at all.

The only thing not implemented is the townsfolk changes.

Though, thinking about it, Pearl currently gets her speed from the ship feat. But is the ship moving at Relativistic speeds when she dodged the meteors? Also is it even usable anyways last I checked we don’t scale pilots to their ships. Their speed is especially weird since a light speed attack is instant in comparison to them in the games and we count those as canon.

Something to do with the transference of kinetic energy (heat is kinetic energy) through heat conductivity. I’m too tired to fully elaborate in a sensical way, but here’s the calc.

If you can’t edit those pages, I can tomorrow.

I’ve always had a problem with that as well, but I dropped it because I couldn’t find the distance from Earth to the Human Zoo (the wiki says it’s in Saturn orbit, but I think that’s because it’s around a ringed planet). She says that, at that same velocity she was doing asteroids at, it’d take something like 70 years to get there.

If the human zoo isn’t at Saturn (I don’t think it is either) then the distance would be entirely unknown. However this is the same scene that has the gems get wrecked by trying to go faster than light, so they had to be going slower than that. But if they were going slower than the speed of light they would never get to another solar systems with a planet like that in 70 years. So going more into the scene itself. The speed calc comes from a completely different scene from the meteor scene. So I don’t see a reason to compare them. Adding in the speed of light both completely wrecking them and light being instant in the games it makes them being so close to light speed very inconsistent. Though maybe the speed should be it’s own thread, since this thread is practically done (I would edit the townsfolk pages but I don’t have internet and the phone’s edit mode is literally broken).

I’m planning on doing a P&A addition (they’re missing light manipulation, among others), so I can add it to that.

Like I said, I can do the edits tomorrow. What are all the new ratings?

They would still be 9-B just way lower into the tier. So most townsfolk would be:

Wall level (Comparable to Ronaldo who wasn’t hurt by having a barrel smashed on his back)

While Connie would be:

Wall level (Immensely superior to Ronaldo and can instantly defeat other townsfolk on complete accident)

the second part would link to when she broke that kids arm when she throw him due to her instinct. Ronaldo is one of, if not the most, pathetic citizens in the entire town so I’m pretty sure literally everyone scales to him. But if that kid Connie broke shouldn’t scale then just cut out the second part.

Sorry for not responding earlier. I was having Christmas Eve dinner. For the lifting strength it seems to come from pretty weak gems, though they had help from Steven so he may have done a large chunk of the work. I would need to relook over her fight scenes to see if she ever overpowers any gems with pure lifting strength.

Sorry, Christmas has quieted down in my timezone and there's Covid stuff, so I forgot that other people were currently celebrating.

Back