• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe downgrade that should have happened a long time ago

This downgrade was supposed to happen a long time ago. During the forum move a downgrade was made to make Steven Universe 7-As 7-B, but the forum move nuked the thread. Well now that Steven Universe is fully over and being heavily revised everywhere else, might as well bring this downgrade back up.

So one of the three main 7-A feats was recalced and now is 7-C, it was also weather manipulation and weather manipulation throughout the rest of Steven Universe is consistently environmental destruction.

The second 7-A feat, the laser feat, likely isn’t canon anymore because a lot of the comics were stated to be non canon by one of the creators. However that was via a Twitter tweet, so I’ll go into the other problems. First, nobody fought the ship that did the feat and nobody survived a hit from it, second the ship did its feat through heat so the feat shouldn’t even scale to the ship anyways, and third the ship didn’t even heat up beach city as much as weekly claimed. He took the scene out of context, a lightning bolt turned the sand to glass, not the heat from the beam. So the calc isn’t even usable to begin with.

The finale 7-A feat comes from a ships KE, but the speed comes from a different scene then the scene the gems got hit. So that’s calc staking.

With all the three 7-A feats gone there is now one 7-B+ feat: Peridot’s escape pod, which has the speed and feat in the same scene unlike the Ruby one.

Edit: Turns out there is a problem with the sizes, so the 7-B+ feat needs to be redone.

Garnet destroyed a mountain once but that isn’t calculated, though since we have no scale for the mountain and it was fragmented it’s going to pretty much be the generic mountain smashing that’s 7-B.

The 7-B+ would scale to the crystal gems and most the current 7-As.

For lower tiers like sapphire and rubies they should be downgraded to 8-A from Sapphire’s bat feat. The weather feat Sapphire has is a ice feat that wouldn’t scale physically, most likely environmental destruction, and a massive outlier for her physically because her 8-A feat took all her might.

Finally the tier 9-B characters should be removed, except Connie who be downgraded. None of the other 9-Bs have justifications they just scale to featless gems. Connie would be downgraded because the comic with the feat absolutely comes from a now non canon comic. I can’t really remember her other feats too well, but that can be discussed in this thread.

Edit: Turns out one of the weakest citizens tanked a wooden barrel being slammed into them hard enough to shatter, so they’ll still be 9-B. Connie just needs to be lowered, presumably to around the same level as the other citizens if another feat isn’t found.

Last edited:
AKedOLRaLYS-x_uf0JNciPjoWhPfwh8l4YLKcaPi_ylP=s900-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj

How far into 7-B+ are we talking exactly, depending on how far they're in I feel like characters like Garnet and Jasper could probably scale up to 7-A since they're considered way above most of the cast.

The City level+ feat is 87 megatons but garnet is the one that broke the escape pod. Her profile says she broke it causally but I remember her being pretty pissed when she was doing it and she didn’t immediately break it. Plus I’m pretty sure weekly is the one who put it was causal on her profile and Weekly always made feats seem way more difficult or way easier than they actually were. I’ll rewatch the clip and see if was actually causal or not.

Oh yeah also if we're downgrading shit can we talk about the "The Glass of Time", like it's 2-C isn't combat applicable and don't believe there's any evidence that it's even gem tech.

Ok so rewatching it she split it in half but I’m not sure that would be causal or not. Not difficult but I don’t think she would be holding back and she didn’t completely demolish it. She could probably be possibly Mountain level, but I don’t know.

So, if Connie's 9-B feat is non-canon, does that make her tier 10 with a tier 7 sword?
I think she has 9-B feats but I don’t clearly remember any of them. The biggest one I’m thinking of is when she helped Steven reflect the 9-B fireballs from a gem when they first got the sword but I’m not sure if we count that as Steven doing all the work.

Um... first off it should be on a blog on this site and second... It's wrong.

The calc uses the flawed angular size formula, so it needs to be redone.

It doesn’t matter, the barrel didn’t fall apart, it shattered. He would scale to the wood breaking which is what barrel fragmentation calcs calculate.

We hear a monster being hit, the mountain falls, and we cut to garnet punching a monster. Not every detail of a feat needs to be on screen, the scene makes it very clear what happened.

So should I get calc members to calc all the feats? I can calc the mountain feat, since I’ve done a mountain split calc before. I’m not sure if we should count the half of the mountain that slide off as fragmented or just split though.

Bump. If nobody is able to I can take a crack at calculating the mountain split tomorrow. I’m not going to be able to do peridot’s escape pod feat though.

Recalcing the escape pod feat would basically just be altering the angsize calculation. Everything else should be fine as long as the pixel measurements they use is accurate. I could do it given enough time.

Okay so turns out there's an even bigger problem with that calc in terms of the speed. literally everything else is fine from what I can tell but the speed they give is based on measurements they don't explain. For all I know, they pull thousands of kilometers out of their ass so I'll have to recalc the speed of the ship falling in a different way. It'll likely be far lower but it's the best I can do for now at least.

Back