• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steven Universe downgrade that should have happened a long time ago

Wow you did that fast. I definitely need to do the mountain feat tomorrow then. Though a few things. Should I use the split method or should I assume the half that feel was fragmented. Also with mountain calcs we always go for the smallest height possible (don’t know why we do), so should I assume the bigger mountain in the shot is the smallest mountain possibly and just have the mountain they split be smaller or should I just use the minimum height for the mountain they split.

Wow you did that fast. I definitely need to do the mountain feat tomorrow then. Though a few things. Should I use the split method or should I assume the half that feel was fragmented. Also with mountain calcs we always go for the smallest height possible (don’t know why we do), so should I assume the bigger mountain in the shot is the smallest mountain possibly and just have the mountain they split be smaller or should I just use the minimum height for the mountain they split.
There's always going with multiple ends and sizes for calcs though if you feel like that's a lot of work I believe that splitting would be better considering we don't see the other half of the mountain fragment and considering the mountains are seemingly above the clouds in the scene, you could probably go with a larger height. Though if you don't want to do that you could probably go with the minimum height for that mountain itself and that could work.

Based off the implied location and the clouds in the background I’m pretty sure those are just very low hanging clouds, rather than the mountain being very tall. Though to make it easier and because it’s already a massive low ball I’ll just assume the split mountain is the minimum height.

Though know mountain splitting usually gets pretty crappy results. So it’s very likely the characters will be high 7-C now.

I’ve calculated split calcs with much lower values than the minimum height of a mountain and still gotten good results. Though you are right the value would likely be around 7-cish. Also fair enough on the cloud thing

Strange when I calculated Gilgamesh’s mountain split I got 8-B results and that was with one of the largest mountain in the Middle East.

Last edited:
Strange when I calculated Gilgamesh’s mountain split I got 8-B results and that was with the largest mountain in the Middle East.
Really? Huh. That’s weird I did a calc where the length of the split was only like 70 m and it got 7-c. At minimum a mountain by definition is like 600 m or something. Weird

I’ve heard the method I used was more up to date than others. So that could explain it.

Oh shit-
I'm actually somewhat familiar with SU scaling (and personally like the verse).

This seems legit, so I agree.
Which calcs need to be redone again?

Peridot’s escape pod feat needed to be recalculated and it was.

The mountain splitting needs to be redone and I’ll do that tomorrow.

Not a recalc but the gems dispersed some cloud across beach city and there’s a gif of that not too far above.

The one I used in the Gilgamesh calc was pretty new. DMUC told me it was more accurate than the split method we had been using before. I don’t know much about other splitting feats so I don’t know which ones are out of date or not. I can link my Gilgamesh calc for reference, especially since I’m going to use the forum for it when I calculate this mountain split. Which honestly I think I’ll attempt once before I go to bed. I have half an hour or so.

The one I used in the Gilgamesh calc was pretty new. DMUC told me it was more accurate than the split method we had been using before. I don’t know much about other splitting feats so I don’t know which ones are out of date or not. I can link my Gilgamesh calc for reference, especially since I’m going to use the forum for it when I calculate this mountain split. Which honestly I think I’ll attempt once before I go to bed. I have half an hour or so.
Yeah if you could link that it’d be appreciated since I didn’t even know there was a more accurate split method.

Also the peridot calc got approved

Honestly I think I should have used the width of the mountain I used. Because that mountain is super wide, but I couldn’t fine any measurements on it so that 8-B end is a massive low end that I need to fix one day.

Ignoring that, I’m doing the SU mountain calc now.

I’m definitely using a bigger mountain tomorrow. It turns out the smallest mountain in the Himalayan mountains is cartoonishly small. I got small building level results for splitting it (.04 tons that’s not even 9-A+, at least I don’t think it is). So clearly that mountain is more like a somewhat large hill rather than a mountain.

Actually I just realized 50km would be the diameter not radius. Let me change that real quick.

So it seems the gems are going down to high 7-C. With consistently causal 8-B and 8-A feats. Which lines up with the lower class characters needing a ton of effort to preform their 8-A feat.

I think it will be time to edit the profiles when the mountain feat is evaluated. It’s not necessary, but I would like to be able to link the mountain feat to the profile and I can’t do that yet.

Though I don’t 100% know which characters go to which tiers.

The Crystal gems (the main three) are high 7-C. Jasper, Bismuth, and Lapis’s durability are also in this tier. I’m not sure about Lapis’ ap because she does all her feats through something that varies. I’m also not sure if Peridots durability would be here I remember the Crystal gems one shot her once, and I don’t remember her being hit throughout the entire rest of the series.

Rubies and Sapphires would be 8-A and I don’t know what other gems are in this lower weight class.

Townsfolk will be 9-B because the most pathetic one was mildly inconvenienced by a barrel being destroyed on his back. I think Connie has a car split feat because I remember it and other people mentioned it, but she did that with the sword. Plus, as we’ve seen, split feats get very low results.

I’ve heard people had problems with the fusions being 6-C. Is that still the case because I believe they still scale to Rose’s canons.

I’m not sure if Spinel should scale to Garnet. She won easily the first time because of her very strange fighting style. When garnet fought her the second time she achieved literally nothing.

But it's... still combat applicable, no?
Her Water Manipulation is a combat hax, ain't it?
Environmental Destruction implies it's not usable in a fight
She wasn’t using all the ocean when she was fighting blue diamond. The high 6-A feat uses all of the ocean

But it's... still combat applicable, no?
Her Water Manipulation is a combat hax, ain't it?
Environmental Destruction implies it's not usable in a fight
Her most impressive feat was not combat applicable. She used the ocean to create an elevator. Lapis never comes close to using that amount of power again.

high 8-low 7tier make sense for this verse

She wasn’t using all the ocean when she was fighting blue diamond. The high 6-A feat uses all of the ocean
Her most impressive feat was not combat applicable. She used the ocean to create an elevator. Lapis never comes close to using that amount of power again.

high 8-low 7tier make sense for this verse
It's weird. What about her fight against other of her kinds in SU:F? They were terraforming the planet, is there a feat in the middle of that?

SUF shows that Lapis’s terraform by using water attacks to slice apart landmasses overtime, nothing High 6-A from what I recall

All I'm saying is, isn't there a feat from terraforming the planet? They slice mountains extremely quickly, and Lapis has a giant water form too, seems far about what she has shown before.

Probably should mentioned this earlier but is peridot surviving a single punch from Pearl really enough for her to scale. Garnet instant killed her with a grab and peridot is consistency terrified of the Crystal gems. Multiple monsters that can taken out by townsfolk survive glancing blows here and there.

At least I think Peridot’s durability scaling to Rubies would be more safe. Like at least 8-A possibly high 7-C (At least as durable as rubies, could survive a punch from Pearl once though is consistently inferior to the crystal gems).

I think my problem with it is Peridot would be scaling purely from being hit once and never again throughout the entire rest of the series (and the hit she did take clearly hurt her a lot at that)

Sorry for being gone for a bit. Another CRT was taking up most my time, though that one is finally getting a conclusion.

So bump, do you guys already have the new justifications written out somewhere or do you want me to write some and have me post them here. I don’t want the justifications to be super small but they really only scale to one feat while all the support is just super causal feats that aren’t all too close (close enough for this not to be an outlier, but far enough away to where it’s still jarring).

Back