• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wonder Woman: General / Spoiler Discussion

Comic Thor can fight Comic Ego's planet form. MCU Thor, with what we're shown, very likely can't do that to MCU Ego.

Reeves Superman should be somewhere in the Tier 5 range, actually, but that's for another thread.

Once proper clips come out, can't the crater left after Diana shoots lightning back at Ares be used to calculate his durability more accurately than guesses and scaling?

Oh also shouldn't her profile note that her skin is not resistant to firearms? Though I think she heals fast, or something, that scene went by pretty quickly when the blood from the grzed bullet was wiped away.

@Eso

I haven't seen Wonder Woman yet, but I'm 99.99% sure that Zeus' feat would yield far better results.

Her skin not being resistant to firearms is logically just PIS, as otherwise she wouldn't even be Wall level.

@Ever

By better, do you mean higher, or more accurate?

As for her vulnerability to firearms. Aren't most incarnations of Diana uber resistant to blunt trauma but weak to cutting and piercing?

Higher.

Yes, but her being pierced by firearms implies that her durability isn't even Wall level, since DC media doesn't seem to realize the relation between blunt damage and piercing damage.

@Ever

Going for Higher stats rather than more accurate stats seems a bit sketchy for me, but I recall being told this wiki prefers to give characters their maximum potential rather than median displays. (Not counting outliers of course). So I guess the Zeus feat would grant higher numbers.

Sometimes things don't have to make sense in fiction though. You can have characters that are Wall Level normally, City Block Level vs Evil/Undead if that is their power.

Couldn't Diana be stated as Island Level normally, Wall Level vs Firearms, or something similar?

Also I think her gear needs to be changed on her profile. It says the Godkiller sword, but that's from this solo movie. The sword she used in BvS was The Sword of Athena.

There's no "more accurate" here. The fact that Zeus' feat would be higher than the Ares one is preferred because it makes Ares' feat trivial. It's like trying to calculate Sora slicing a skyscraper in half when he has 4-B feats (Albeit this is nowhere near as extreme).

Piercing and blunt damage are treated as effectively the same thing on the wiki.

I say more accurate, because, the attack that destroys Ares in the film, leaves a crater. Which is a more direct example of durability than being able to create an island using divine power as you are dying.

That seems very limiting, since pretty much all other sources make the distinction, and it is clearly a canon part of the universe that is being ignored. Shouldn't the wiki prize canon over head-canon? I mean at the very least it should be noted and called out as PIS? so that the profile is true to the canon character?

EsotericDichotomy said:
Also I think her gear needs to be changed on her profile. It says the Godkiller sword, but that's from this solo movie. The sword she used in BvS was The Sword of Athena.
I think that this should be adjusted in that case.

@Eso, the film states that only a god can kill a god so that should bypass his durability. Of course I have a hard time believing superman couldn't damage ares but that's all we have right now. I mean doomsday only died due to kryptonite so there is president in the dceu of having singular weaknesses. Kryptonians are god-like but can they can kill each other without kyrptonite.

@Heatforce

Sorry, but I don't think that's supported by anything.

Wonder Woman can be harmed by Kryptonians like Superman or Doomsday, and will be fighting alongside other members of the Justice League in the future and will undoubtedly be harmed by new villains.

Similarly, that mostly stems from a God's power than anything. When Diana fully embraced her divinity her power was heavily boosted on all levels and she could defeat Ares. That's what they mean by "Only a god can kill another god."

Yeah you're probably right. If that's the case then I guess only Wondy would be able to kill steppenwolf. But how do we rationilize the attack that killed ares not being island lvl?

1. Either ares was not as strong as he use to be

2. We treat the amped attack similar to something like ki. It's not like Diana wanted to kill everyone else in the vicinity including her friends so maybe she manipulated the lightning to not cause too much damage to the surrounding area?

3. It is still implied that Zeus created wondy to specifically kill ares so maybe Zeus conceived wonder gal with a specific "ares killing ability"? I mean if it were simply a case of needing demi-gods Zeus had ample amazons to breed with. So maybe wonder gals purpose was that specific?

"But how do we rationilize the attack that killed ares not being island lvl?"

AP =/= Are of Effect. That is a basic tenant of VsDebating.

"Either ares was not as strong as he use to be" No evidence.

"so maybe she manipulated the lightning to not cause too much damage to the surrounding area?" Yes, the attack was focused on Ares alone.

Diana was clearly conceived to be an even stronger weapon than her parents.

@Matt Isn't she going to be 6-B scaling to Superman's accepted calc though?

The Island feat supports the Country feat, which was deemed as an outlier until Wonder Woman came out. So yeah, she'd be 6-B.

Imagine how high Wonder Woman's AP wouldve been if the myth on Zeus fighting that guy who was larger than the sun was established, that wouldve scaled to Ares then..

Wouldve been amazing. But either way DCEU learned from their mistakes as such from DOJ and other films.

I think live action comic book films being greatly nerfed compared to their original counterpart is to be expected. (inb4 someone brings up Star-Lord)

Gargoyle 1 said:
Ah cmon man, we all have to admit it had problems (predictable plot)!especially the theatrical version.
The Theatrical Version is meh. Ultimate Cut is lit.

Snyder is basically not suited for upbeat characters such as Superman. I feel sorry for him about his daughter though.

Well, both Man of Steel and specially Dawn of Justice end with uplifting messages about hope in an otherwise dark world, so I think he understands the core of the character quite well.

I didn't know anything about Snyder's daughter, so I just Googled what happened and I too feel extremely bad for him, his daughter and the rest of the family. No one should have to carry that kind of weight. I can't blame him for leaving Justice League after this.

Anyways I of course respect anyone else's opinion, but I kind of liked Man of Steel. There were some uplifting messages within in like Matt said. And I don't really expect a Superman that just picked up the cape to be the paragon that he currently is in the comics. Though I could understand why many woudln't like this portrayal of the character.

I just looked it up and man, that's really sad for the guy there.

And like the others said above, though i haven't seen BvS yet (i really haven't), i do like Man of Steel and the way the story goes about Superman as he comes to terms with his powers and, more importantly, role as being the hope for humankind...right? Hope in such a dark world rising...Kind of old but still an idea i like and appreciate in works like this.

I always said Snyder had one of the hardest projects in Hollywood: to reboot Superman and Batman ONCE AGAIN for the silver screen, however, I think his biggest problem was he tried too hard not to emulate the MCU. I do personally like his take on Superman and Batman, mainly because I view the DCEU as an elseworld universe but I get why that would bother many fans as it is DC's first shared - film - universe after all. That stated, my favorite DCEU movies in order are: BvS UE (the theatrical cut makes Superman look like a d-bag unintentionally), MoS, Wonder Woman and then at a distant last place, suicide squad lol (great characters but lame and messy plot). I am REALLY looking forward to Justice League, especially since Whedon is now involved; not that I prefer Whedon over Snyder but the collaboration is such an interesting prospect I can't help but get even more hyped!

I applied the changes to the profiles (Except Enchantress, I need to analyze her better). I will make Ares' profile next.

Back