• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the Top and God Tiers are currently rated as "Unknown, likely Infinite". However, they should be straight up Infinite

For one, The Player and Grandmother Raven can exist in the astral plane. What is the Astral Plane in WIZIZIZIZI?

https://imgur.com/a/Qlhrbo

It's described as a space between existence and nothingness, and no regular person can enter there

https://imgur.com/a/xY6ion7

When we see two of the God Tiers (Mellori and Grandmother Raven), it's literally an empty void

https://imgur.com/a/B1EXIV

The Player told Baba Yaga that it's "great white nothingness"

https://imgur.com/a/etCYRpC

How did The Player reach there? He travelled through a rift in the space-time continuim.

This would scale to:

The Player (Wizard101)

Grandfather Spider (Equal to Grandmother Raven and fought her long ago)

Bartleby (Equal to Grandmother Raven)

Mellori (Existed and moved in the astral plane)

Grandmother Raven (existed and moved in the astral plane)

^ Those God Tiers would be straight up infinite

The Top Tiers such as Grandfather Spider's children and Bartleby's children would also gain infinite, because they should be far superior to Mellori and The Player, and comparable to their fathers.

Which includes:

The Ice, Fire and Storm Titans

The Rat and the Bat.

If that feat isn't enough, there's something else

https://imgur.com/a/dFzHOwq

Bartleby is older than the spiral (The universe) and even older than the Firstworld. The first world was the first thing to ever be created by The Creator of the verse.

So we have Bartleby being older than time, which would scale to the other three divine beings and The Player (defeated one of them) and Mellori (helped The Player and Raven thought she could somewhat hold her own against Grandfather Spider)

https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=4ACL-grE-Co

An Aztecosaur also describes the first world as the very beginning of everything, and once again, Bartleby is older

As for Bartleby's possible omnipresence, I think he should keep it. His heart is connected to every world in the spiral (there are countless worlds) and his roots reach and hold together all of them

Agree: The real cal howard, Promestei

Neutral: DarkDragonMedeus, Antvasima, Dargoo Faust

Well, visually it's shown to be empty , and The Player says it's nothingness, and The Player did travel through the space-time continuim to reach a space between exsitence and nothingness.

And there is still Bartleby, who has been around even before time, which would still scale to the other God Tiers and The Player

A void is not sufficient reason in itself to grant infinite speed.

You can examine the page that I linked above to see our standards for this.

• "The realm should be consistently and reliably described as timeless by knowledgeable characters who can be confirmed not to be lying or bluffing."
The Player who stated it's nothingness was deemed smart and worthy by 2 omniscient beings. The Astral Scholar who explained it first knows more about cosmology of the verse than The Player

• The realm should display characteristics a realm without time would be expected to have, such as the lack of a visible passage of time, unless this is Cinematic Time.
It's visablly empty, the scene depicts it as literally nothing, and The Player himself says it's nothingness

"One of the highest possible ways to receive a speed rating is to outright ignore the restraints imposed by time, often by moving in a place where time has ceased to exist"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irBql6DEQAY&t=1289s

> The Player, Grandfather Spider and Mellori, two of whom later existed in the void and one who's stronger than them, were unaffected by time being reversed, forced into different directions and resetting itself back to before time even existed (reset back to what was called a void)

"Often by moving in a place where time has ceased to exist"

>Three of the God Tiers were shown to move there, a void of nothingness

>The fodder characters can't go in there, and they state themseleves they can't move in there, and can't travel through rifts in space-time like a God Tier did

"If a character manages to complete an action inside a timeless realm, no matter how insignificantly small"

That again, via the links above, was shown. It's pretty significant if it's a feat only the God Tiers can perform.

And was again, Bartleby existed before time. That is undeniably infinite speed for him, which scales to his sister and spider, and The Player and Mellori who beat him.

Nothingness is not remotely automatically the same as time not existing at all. Was the latter ever reliably stated?

Bartleby being before time?

Baba Yaga said he's even older than the universe and even older than the first world, which the Ancient Aztecosaur stated was the very beginning of everything, whom Bartleby trusts. Bartleby himself said it was the very beginning at one point. And Grandfather Spider was rewinding time back to the first world to when the spiral's time-space didn't exist, which was the first world, which was described as a void [before space-time], which Bartleby predates https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/685921

one of GOLB's reasonings for infinite was that he was in a black void of nothingness

As for the Astral Plane, if it's just a space between existence and nothingess, which has been constantly refered to as nothingness and a void, it should be timeless. Furthermore, The Player had to travel past a rift in space and time to even reach that nothingness.

Grandmother Raven was planning on destroying the spiral which would destroy the first world and there would be nothing left, in which she would continue to exist along with Mellori.

I think Bartleby's reasoning alone is enough to warrent a definite infinite speed.

Well, I am probably the wrong person to ask about this, but you can ask some other administrators and discussion moderators to comment here via their message walls: VS Battles Staff

Just avoid asking Matthew and Azathoth, as I have been pestering them a lot lately.

Anyway, you can ask several other administrators and discussion moderators to help out if you wish.

I think the void stuff may be a bit uncertain but Bartleby being older than time is more significant when combined with that.

In that case it would only scale to the God Tiers + The Player for defeating one of them. And then the Top Tiers would stay the same with "likely infinite" because they should be stronger than Mellori who assisted The Player.

But for the God Tiers it would be like this

Bartleby: Infinite (Existed before the spiral/universe and even before the Firstworld, which was described as the very beginning of creation. The days before the Firstworld was said to be a void), possibly Omnipresent (His heart is connected to all the countless worlds in the universe, and his roots stretch out to hold the worlds together)

Grandmother Raven: Infinite (Equal, if not superior to Bartleby. Heavily implied to be the strongest of the three divine beings)

Grandfather Spider: Infinite (Comparable to Grandmother Rave and fought her before the days of the spiral, which would make him comparable to Bartleby)

The Player: Infinite (Superior to a weakened Grandfather Spider)

Mellori: Infinite (Should be comparable to Grandmother Rave)

The Top Tiers will stay the same with "Unknown, likely infinite", because by virtue of being Semi-Divine beings like Mellori, and should be superior to her.

I still do not think that simply mentioning voids, without statements of them being truly timeless, seems to be sufficient justification texts.

Ok, I edited it above so that it has Bartleby existing before the very beginning, and then the others are comparable to him.

Well, I suppose that might work, but I would still prefer more staff input.

I'm unsure if existing before the Universe existed automatically qualifies as Infinite speed. But I'm neutral otherwise.

Question: Did it state it existed before the universe, or existed before time?

If it's the former, I am neutral, if it's the later, I'm in favor.

"Bartleby is an ancient being. Older than the spiral, and even older than the Firstworld"

The spiral is the universe, and he existed before that.

"In the beginning, there was the Firstworld, and in the center of the world was a tree, named, Bartleby"

"In days agone (pre the universe) void was all"

The First world was the very beginning of creation, and Bartleby predates it. If it's the very beginning of creation, it's when time first started ticking. (Although, it's described as a void at one point. But regardless, he predates it)

Hmmm.

I'll have to go neutral, then. I'm not familiar enough with being able to move in voids/predating the universe to make a judgement with what's above.

https://youtu.be/jYT-yWYb6B0?t=3205

There's also this. Grandfather Spider was reversing the sands of time (an endless sea of sand that represents time in the universe's past) back to the Firstworld, which would destroy time. Meaning time didn't even exist in the first world, which makes sense since the Firstworld is described as a void

Edit:

He isn't just predating the universe. He predated the universe (the spiral) AND the beginning of creation (The Firstworld). Meaning he predates the moment time started ticking

Well, I am also neutral then. Can you ask some more staff members to reply here?

Well, we only need to evaluate what Zenkai has told us.

The main reasoning is simply he existed before the very start of creation/existence. NOT that he existed before the universe and voids, but that is still a factor.

Start of creation means when time first started ticking. Bartleby, as stated, existed before that.

And there would be no reason for Bartleby to lie when he says the Firstworld is the very beginning, especially since he's an omniscient being.

I still think the Astral Plane feat makes sense though. But I'll ask others.

Well, I would still prefer more input, but I suppose that "possibly infinite" speed might be fine if we do not receive any more staff replies.

You can try to ask discussion moderators as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back