• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why Not: A High School Girl vs The Soulforger of the Dwarven Pantheon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that a vote, Azzy?

@Mr. Bambu

It's more of a question of "does this qualify as a stomp?" and if the answer is "no", then my vote is "Moradin with extreme ease".

From what I can tell, Medaka's causality manipulation would make this less of a stomp. It prevents damage from occurring to her. That said, Moradin's aforementioned abilities means he is able to win through other means.

So no, I do not believe this qualifies as a stomp.

Pretty sure her causality manip is her AF and not encounter, meaning that it's more offensive than defensive and ironically less useful.

Explain, Wok? I honestly am only going off of Earl's description of it.

Among the things she can erase are causes and effects of things, and as such can erase the cause of something for a more potent erasure. I don't really remember if she's healed herself with it but that's not out of the question.

Would it be wank to assume that Medaka's Encounter could push off the mind wipe?

Encounter: An ability copied from Gagamaru Chougasaki that allows her to push away all damage inflicted on her, including all physical, emotional, and mental damage, elsewhere. No matter how fast or numerous the attacks, she will take no damage from any assault. The location is specified by her and can range from structures to other people. Even if there is no opening, Encounter will still push any damage away.
I think you're overstating his chances to win, Azathoth, (Magic Null probably shouldn't be equalized onto Medaka's abilities, EE and concept manip should be handled by All Fiction, BFR would just get All Fiction'd), but if Encounter wouldn't make her shrug off the mind wipe, and if Moradin's probability manip is that strong, then I'll change my vote.

I mean

It literally isn't damage. I won't counter the other stuff as you're addressing Azzy, but this in no way harms the user, just keeps them in stasis, putting their mind blank.

And does Moradin's probability manip work as Azathoth describes? Does it just automatically give immunity to everything unless the opponent is "stronger"?

Immunity? No. However, if he has a chance to resist it, as in has resistance at all, then it is automatically guaranteed to work as long as the enemy is stronger, yes. Stronger in this case would be of a higher deific rank, like Corellon Larethian, but generally just means higher in AP or whatever.

Moradin has... a lot of resistances, as do all D&D characters. The list is incomplete as of right now.

Though he does have inherent immunity to things like BFR and Mind Hax.

Well he doesn't have resistance to power null on his profile, but Azathoth's saying he'll be completely immune to the power null because of probability manip.

Do you think this would work or not?

Unsure. Potentially, yes, based on his Reality Warping. Due to precog he could feasibly create a counter via Wish, which essentially creates any effects within reason if worded correctly. Resistance to Power Null does exist in-verse, so... I will say potentially.

Well if it's speed equalized and he needs to precog it, then create a counter via wish to then have an immunity, Medaka would be able to spawn screws in his body quicker than that.

Since Medaka could win via Bookmaker, and Moradin could win via mind wipe, I'll switch my vote to Incon for now.

While I hadn't considered wish before, no. Moradin has weeks of precognition in advance. Wish can be stored in an item and can be worded as a passive. Rarely are effects permanent, however.

But still. I'll take the vote.

Yes but that would require prep time, right?

I don't believe we take 19 weeks of precog as 19 weeks of prep time in SBA.

I guess that's fair. In theory Moradin can generate an item with wish on it as a free action (a similar action to pulling a sword in terms of time), but yes.

I have a question. Does Moradin's pre-cog actually work here? What I mean is that a Gods senses only work if something falls into them. For example D&D Ares can see or feel things in advance if they fall in his War or Combat portfolios which means that it should usually count in a fight, but Aphrodite's senses mostly apply to love/romance/etc which wouldn't realistically come up in a battle. So it's possible that Moradin's pre-cog wouldn't matter here.

Also Avatars have a lesser degree of probability manipulation. Greater Gods (like his true form) can make a 0% or low chance thing 100% but the Avatar would only be a Lesser or Intermediate God hax wise, which means they have a 50% success rate or have a 100% at succeeding in non-combat things.

1. Yes. "Portfolio Sense: Moradin senses anything that affects dwarven welfare nineteen weeks before it happens and retains the sensation for nineteen weeks after the event occurs. He is similarly aware whenever dwarves engage in arts or crafts or make war."

His avatar being attacked would pertain to Dwarf welfare.

2. Where does this come from? The only difference I see is that it is considered a lesser divine rank and his skills are lessened (which really doesn't matter anyways).

1: Ah okay. So it should apply then

2: Lesser Divine rank = lesser hax powers. Only Greater Gods have "Always have a 100% to succede"

Eh. I guess. His prob hax is still pretty potent and should realistically tip scales a fair amount.

That's fair. Do you have a vote either way?

I don't have a opinion right now. If I have some free time later I'll look into her and weigh in.

@Gargoyle I don't... think so. Medaka has suitable hax to counter a lot of Moradin's hax. But according to Earl she doesn't do much in character and Moradin possesses intimate enough knowledge to at least incap her.

Actually since Moradin has precog he'll open up with uncap way more often than Medaka would open with bookmaker. Switching back to Moradin.

About the "blank mind" thingy, idk tbh. I mean Ezumachi is a thing. And he tried a similar thing on Kumagawa. He painted his body blue achieving a "mental shut down". So the mind was physically ok and it was better than the mind wipe in our case because:

As ezumachi stated himself "there is nothing to erase, because nothing was done". He painted his body blue and the mind interpreted that as dmg, it was just imagination, the mind just thought Kumagawa got hit and recieved an imaginary blow caused by itself rather than something else. Yet Kumagawa came back from it.

Earl, I interpreted that as Kumagawa dying from the shock/pain, and then passively erasing the fact that he died, and that the blue wore off, as we know color of beauty does.

Firephoenixearl said:
Wait so he has resistance unless something is stronger? So if the person is stronger than the avatar or moradin himself?
DnD gods have the power to suppress weaker gods. Zeus for example suppresses Hera's senses and pre-cog when he goes out to cheat on her. Dunno if Medaka can suppress abilities but it is something that can bappen. And to note some monsters (called Elder Evils) that aren't really that close to a Gods' power have in-built anti-divine stuff that also heavily limits/nerfs them.

Qawsedf234 said:
DnD gods have the power to suppress weaker gods. Zeus for example suppresses Hera's senses and pre-cog when he goes out to cheat on her. Dunno if Medaka can suppress abilities but it is something that can bappen. And to note some monsters (called Elder Evils) that aren't really that close to a Gods' power have in-built anti-divine stuff that also heavily limits/nerfs them.
But like Medaka herself has low 2-C skills with All Fiction and Bookmaker being far above that aswell. Also that's just the casual AP>Hax verses sometimes do. That like totally outdoes the avatar's tier.

Then I don't see why she couldn't do it, although I don't know how in-character it is for Medaka to do so.

Just also going to note that while the Avatar's AP tier is 5-B, their divine powers aren't that low. An Avatar of Moradin possesses a Divine Rank of 9, which would still be 2-C type stuff. I dunno if it would interact with Medaka's hax in this way, Qawsed and Earl are the ones on that, but... that's the way it is.

Even in Avatar form, Moradin's hax are still those of a lesser god of Divine Rank 9.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back