• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why do we differentiate Anti-Spiral? (Gurren Lagann Revision)

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Granzeboma is Anti-Spiral, he can go from humanoid to a multi-universe sized megazord at will. He's not simply a pilot that climbs into a mech like Simon is. I get that each form of his has shown different feats, but since Granzeboma = AS, then shouldn't all of his keys be 2-C?

Yeah I get that, but his reasoning is: "Able to maintain the Anti-Spiral universe with his power alone and has direct control over the Spiral universe at the same time. The Spiral universe before was under the direct control of the Anti-Spiral at that point. He was also able to maintain a Universe sized mecha alongside his universe"

Which he is constantly doing no matter which form he takes, as long as he is alive. It can be argued that he was hardly holding back when he used the IBBS, as

1. He was raging

2. They wouldn't have survived without Lord Genome.

Okay, now I see what you mean (Your first post just sounded like "They're all Anti-Spiral so they should all be 2-C").

I can agree to that, but I'll wait to see what others think.

its just a different form. just like how goku kun has ten billion forms and we have a key for each of them, despite the fact that they're all goku kun

Were any conclusions drawn in the other thread related to TTGL? If this goes through, wouldn't all the robots also scale to 2-C based off of being comparable to the Anti-Spiral's forms?

Yep Simon should be the one with different keys since he wasn't 2-C the whole time.

The reason why Granzeboma is weaker than the AS himself is that AS created Granzeboma as a means to fight Simon and his crew on their level. He made Granzeboma that much weaker in order to give Simon a chance. That is his way of "bringing despair to his enemies", crushing them in battle, while still giving them a chance.

@Crzer07 You are correct, Simon wasn't 2-C the entire time. Infact he was powering up continuously throughout the story. However the different levels of power he has throughout the series are hard to quantify. His first 3 mechs are not made through his own spiral power and TTGL/STTGL were created with the help of his whole crew. The only moment something was achieved solely by Simons power was when he defeated Anti-Spiral (either by powering up Base-Lagann to a point where he could pierce through AS (series) or by beating up AS by himself(movie)). I think that is the reason why Simon's only key is the 2-C we can assure he had.

EDIT: Just finished reading the entire thread. I understand UMR's argument for Granzeboma/IBBS and now I'm unsure as well. It does make sense however and I can't remember anything directly contradicting it.

Plus even if he was holding back, for example Beerus vs Goku the first time would be limiting himself to 4-B levels of power, doesn't mean he's still not Low 2-C. In addition to the whole space-time argument.

Simon was multi-continental+ at the end of the first arc for being able to match lordgenome outside of lazengan. Simon's own tengen toppa lagann would be High 3-A like the rest of the tengen toppa gunmen. And then he became Low 2-C when he absorbed the IBBS then distributed to the rest of the team. EoS simon would be 2-C for beating the anti-spiral. It could be separated into pre-time skip and post-time skip/EoS. or pre-time skip lagann, tengen toppa lagann, and EoS if you include the movies.

I'm gonna have to disagree with him "becoming" Low 2-C.

For one, the High 3-A rating makes *0* sense. They are affecting space time on a universal level. They even state this to be their intention when TTGL is formed. Scaling off of the IBBS should not be a thing, and should only be referenced in the tier as becoming "vastly stronger," since it's been agreed that the IBBS is either: unquantifiable, or what I would argue, a 2-C attack since AS was trying when he used said ability. This alone makes the TTGL, as well as the other TT mechs, Low 2-C. I would argue that this would also make STTGL 2-C, since even though SG destroyed STTGL, it absorbed a full-strength attack from the AS, who is a 2-C.

the Granzeboma is rated Low 2-C while the TTGL is High 3-A despite holding his own against it, yeah how does that work?

Guess I'll make the changes after an admin unlocks the profiles o.o

How would this affect scaling though?

I think that STTGL scales to Super Granzeboma, personally, and warrants a 2-C rating alongside Simon. Even while its drill was destroyed, its energy is what empowered Simon to be able to break through SG's drill, especially after he empowered it further with the dreams of everyone he was fighting for.

Also given the definitions of void manipulation, Simon should have it for existing in AS's void post destruction. This is said void. It was depicted as a completely black space in the middle of normal space with stars and such, though that might be grounds for that ability being challenged.

The description on the page doesn't mean "existing in a void is void manipulation", it means "void manipulation can allow you to exist in a void".

Back