• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why did Vergil (DMC) lost to Sephiroth (FFVII) in Death Battle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ZephyrosOmega said:
Tony di bugalu said:
@Tarta
Yeah you got the point, we can't go and give random numbers cuz of stomps and one shots Otherwise Dante would be MFTL+ by now :v

Thanks, just checked it and who exactly scales to that? They didn't outrun it or dodged it somehow, they outright tanked it and all profiles use it as a durability explanation so no one scales to it as far as I can see.

Nvm, just the supernova speed so basically Vergil still blitzes
The supernova speed that Sephiroth causes
Also nevermind the fact that dissidia is canon making this a moot point

Like i know Devil May Cry gets wanked but this is a special kind of sad
I mean, whats more sad is the fact you cant ******* drop it and let it go. Like jesus dude, at this point it sounds like whining. "Wahhhh DMC isnt tier 6 anymore wahhhh"

@TartaChocolate

Just checked the history for Sephiroth's profile. The other speed calc seemed to be deleted around August of last year when the other calculation was added, but there seemed to be no explanation for the removal of it at all.

@Unoriginal Memes: If you mean the calc of the blast of the Supernova then that's still in the profile. Here:

Massively FTL+, possibly higher (Stronger than ever before. The blast of his Supernova is this fast)

Though it's easy to miss due to highlighting only one word. To be fair, Sephiroth's (and VII in general) profile is a gigantic mess and needs some major cleanup.

Though if you mean the calc of the comet of the Supernova, yeah... Actually it was discussed that despite the speed of the comet, there was no real evidence anyone scaled to it since nobody interacted with it. But, it was assumed the comet was summoned and some other things. There has been some new discussions (mainly it truly being Telekinesis and some other revisions as Sephy has many psychic powers) and the possibility of bringing it up again after the Forum move, but no certainity that it will lead to anything for sure.

@Tony: It's complicated, then again it's Final Fantasy. The incarnations in Dissidia are openly the same as the ones of the original games. Though initially it was thought that they were an alternate version of that same character used for the crossover, some materials mention that it actually happened in the main verse. Though we still are againts scaling it until Opera Omnia (a story heavy mobile game) is covered properly and due to the strict rules against cross-scaling, especially since Dissidia pits stuff like a High 6-A that goes toe to toe with a 2-A and just rolls with it.

Ahh, well, that's definitely complicated.

Personally I would just take it out of the scaling chain as is is a mess and, if I get approval, made keys for the Dissidia versions.

Dissidia keys have been brought up but were rejected due to the same issue, as essentially everyone would be 2-A with Immesurable/Infinite speed via scaling to the top tiers. There have been other more balanced proposals (Low 2-C and MFTL+) but are also met with heavy skepticism.

What is accepted, however, is that abilities displayed in Dissidia can be added to the characters' profiles as long as it is not impossible for them to attain normally or need very specific preparations or contexts to use.

I'm pretty sure we already did something like that... On second thought, we didn't, it got rejected.

You know the Blazblue tag battle? It basically the same thing and it got rejected hard with the only exception being an original character for that game so, yeah, Dissidia will die as "that fighting game" lol

There is one thing that is being applied from Dissidia, stuff that relates to Final Fantasy 1 is being accepted as it is full on canon (Dissidia is literally a prequel to Final Fantasy 1), so things pertaining the Warrior of Light (the main hero), Garland (the starter villiain) and Chaos (the final boss) can be used. Things that apply to characters like Shinryu and Omega are also useable as those two are openly the same being appearing through the franchise via travelling through dimensions.

TartaChocholate said:
There is one thing that is being applied from Dissidia, stuff that relates to Final Fantasy 1 is being accepted as it is full on canon (Dissidia is literally a prequel to Final Fantasy 1), so things pertaining the Warrior of Light (the main hero), Garland (the starter villiain) and Chaos (the final boss) can be used. Things that apply to characters like Shinryu and Omega are also useable as those two are openly the same being appearing through the franchise via travelling through dimensions.
Same with Gilgamesh. The Gil in Dissidia is the very same from 5 and from other games he appeared in, as he "broke into" the Dissidia world while searching for Bartz. Even if the other fighters aren't considered canon in Dissidia or were clones/manikins, this was the real deal Gilgamesh.

If you canon dissidia you might also canon SMT Dante that veing said vergil and Dante are equal and SMT Dante is 1-c at his very bace add SDT i'm perrty sure he become 1-b as i said Dante and vergil are equal so vergil could be 1-b now how sephiroth want to deal with this sorry but if you canon something that absolutely has nothing to original story so i can canon SMT Dante sorry but vergil at this point stomp very hard sephiroth or even you can canon UMVC3 which vergil able to defeat galactus which makes vergil 1-b at his bace now what?

If you canon dissidia you might also canon SMT Dante that veing said vergil and Dante are equal and SMT Dante is 1-c at his very bace add SDT i'm perrty sure he become 1-b as i said Dante and vergil are equal so vergil could be 1-b now how sephiroth want to deal with this sorry but if you canon something that absolutely has nothing to original story so i can canon SMT Dante sorry but vergil at this point stomp very hard sephiroth or even you can canon UMVC3 which vergil able to defeat galactus which makes vergil 1-b at his bace now what?
A) Necro as Shiva said

B) Dissidia literally just is canon though, it's not the same as SMT at all lmao

A) Necro as Shiva said

B) Dissidia literally just is canon though, it's not the same as SMT at all lmao
lol give me a cutscene from any final fantasy game that point to dissidia but nope we don't have any sorry why would you think a fighting-like game have linked story to original as i said dissidia still isn't canon go and search and bring me a prove from now I say vergil is winner via to SMT dante scaling and UMVC3 THAT makes vergil 1-b bring a prove that i'm wrong (with actual facts not bulsh*t such as dissidia is canon cause i say or i am a sephiroth fanboy so i say sephiroth is winner ) GIVE ME PROVES that dissida is a canon in original final fantasy sephiroth has no chance against current vergil just to mention that qlipht tree is exact as world tree from god of war only different is their dimentions and it's a simple thing both tree like elevator to transport you from other dimensions the point is they can take you into OTHER dimensions your team already power scale worl tree that is low 1-c and so the both tree have exact the same powers both tree have 1-c and we can see dante and vergil destoryed it in no time can yeah i said Dante AND vergil but do you think can't vergil solo the tree? it's just makes more time but he can' can sephiroth destory the low complex multi thing? nah i don't thing so at list not in original final fantasy (also we cannot use remake sephiroth cause we can't see full power sephiroth we must see the part 2 version and see what can sephiroth do) from now vergil is winner until part 2 of FF7 and we will argue again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back