• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why did Vergil (DMC) lost to Sephiroth (FFVII) in Death Battle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know DB isn't the most reliable source but why do you think they gave the victory to Sephiroth? This wiki says Sephiroth is a 4-B, likely far higher and Vergil is a 3-A, possibly Low 2-C. Shoudn't he win easily? Did DMC V gave him that big of a power boost? What do you think would happen in a fig
SephirothCGModel-CrisisCore
ht between them today? Would the out outcome be different after seeing the latest DMC?
DMC5 Vergil render

The DB came by the end of 2017, back then IIRC Vergil was only tier 7. Not to mention that DMC 5 hadn't been released yet, so Vergil's best displays were him measuring to Dante in DMC3 (IIRC his appearance in DMC4 is a prequel chapter of sorts to his appearance in 3). From what I understand, Dante's massive power jumps happened between DMC1 and the novels where he unlocked the Sparda Devil Trigger and grew stronger from there, later defeating a stronger version of Mundus in the novel and fighting Argosax in DMC2, which has then been retconned to take place before DMC4 and not after. It was in DMC5 that Vergil had shown that he had become strong enough to keep up with Dante even after Dante had become so powerful. And well, in the wiki Tier 3/2 DMC wasn't still done back when the DB was released, those revisions came later as well.

Basically what Tara said.

The fan battle happned in 2017, Devil May Cry 5 came in 2019 and it gave Vergil a big upgrade hence why the match is now outdated.

Couldn't Sephiroth still win via haxxing Vergil? Sephiroth is overall much faster still, even with Vergil's greater power and spatial cutting.

ZERO7772 said:
Basically what Tara said.
The fan battle happned in 2017, Devil May Cry 5 came in 2019 and it gave Vergil a big upgrade hence why the match is now outdated.
Thanks to Cloud's adventures in Ivalice, Sephiroth scales to tier 2 material from FF5, so vergil's buffs may not even help him

Thanks to Cloud's adventures in Ivalice, Sephiroth scales to tier 2 material from FF5, so vergil's buffs may not even help him

So is Sephiroth getting an update to his profile?

Tbf, DMC stats here aren't the same everywhere else. While they're tier 3 here, they're tier 7-6 at other places.

Not that I have a problem with that.

The real cal howard said:
Tbf, DMC stats here aren't the same everywhere else. While they're tier 3 here, they're tier 7-6 at other places.
Not that I have a problem with that.
Same with Mario and gang

Other places and sites see them as tier 8 while we see them as tier 4-2

@TFSCell: Well... Initially I was dead set on Sephy's 4-B rating, but some stuff has been brought up that does make quite a bit of sense. Not sure if something will come out of it, but I want to take a look myself into FFV and other things that have been discussed. At the very least to see by myself the arguments and bring up the case.

Discounting the fact that he has a metric ton of hax to bypass it, he should reasonably upscale from Cloud who has Low-high negation

differnt time the episode came out , it came out at the end of 2017 , when universal devil may cry was considered a outlier and when dmc was considered city level to multi continiental at best , while now dmc5 has given dmc characters legit universe busting feats and well ya know how a continential level vergil vs a solar system level sephiroth would turn out....

welp with the dmc upgrades , bumping them up to a soild universe level at bare minuim , while sephiroth is only solar system level as of now , RIP SEPHIROTH.

i dont recall sephiroth getting any universe busting feats , unless we are using kingdom hearts , which he might be getting universal feats because sora who fought sephiroth is also getting a multiverse level feats , but it seammed for death battle they were only using canon sephiroth from final fantasy 7 and crisis core.

Vergil was going against low-high Regen null and still regenerating. What hax from Sephiroth would bypass Vergil's Regen?

but canon sephiroth was is only rated as solar system level and probobly higher , meaning likley multi solar system to possibly small galaxy , but nowhere near universal at least as of now , unless we do some serious revisions for final fantasy 7 to make them universe level , as it stands now they are MSS at best.

ZephyrosOmega said:
Discounting the fact that he has a metric ton of hax to bypass it, he should reasonably upscale from Cloud who has Low-high negation
Sephiroths Low High is not combat applicable though so probably not the best example

TFSCell said:
Vergil was going against low-high Regen null and still regenerating. What hax from Sephiroth would bypass Vergil's Regen?
Death Manipulation

Soul Manipulation of a higher potency than Vergil's resistance

Gravity spells that negate durability

Matter Manipulation

Heartless Angel

Just... yknow, cutting off his head

Remy the wolf said:
but canon sephiroth was is only rated as solar system level and probobly higher , meaning likley multi solar system to possibly small galaxy , but nowhere near universal at least as of now , unless we do some serious revisions for final fantasy 7 to make them universe level , as it stands now they are MSS at best.
That's... not at all how tiering works.

And yeah, Sephiroth is Universal, but this wiki's standards make it virtually imposisble to actually put on the page

Sephiroth's massive speed advantage says otherwise.

Vergil healed from bifurcation quickly, but that was from someone comparable in speed to himself, on a much wider part of the body.

prove that sephiroth is universal? , because their is almost nothing putting ff7 at universal , they have solar system level feats at best , but if you can prove otherwise , then ill agree on your point , even if the wiki says otherwise and we may even do revisions for the entire ff7 cast as a whole and put them at universal.

@Schnee: His Low-High is applicable, the Mid-Godly is the one that has too many vague details to use in combat.

@TFSCell: Well, Vergil is Low 2-C in base, true, but IIRC it's a bit more complex than that. From what I understand, the scaling chain begins with the alternate Mundus from the novel who Dante defeated easily, and then Dante kept growing stronger from that finishing with the big scaling chain in DMC5 with Urizen in which both Dante and Vergil ended up tied after several power ups greatly overtaking their previous forms.

@Remy: I think the big change DMC5 brough was it also essentially gave enough connections and allusions between the games and the novels to prove the latter were canon after, and those brough a lot of material for the profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back