• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why did Vergil (DMC) lost to Sephiroth (FFVII) in Death Battle ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schnee One said:
@Tarta He regenerated from a chunk of flesh in 3 days no?
I don't recall that, specifically, to be honest. But, Jenova can build entire bodies from small pieces of her flesh, for example the one seen in the Cargo Ship was a whole body built form a tentacle piece, or the one in the Ancient Capital was a small orb. In the story is stated that Jenova, and by extensions Sephiroth, can enforce their will through their very cells and as long as a piece remains Jenova and Sephy can build a new body. Though one thing they actively try to do is to retrieve as many useable pieces as they can to build their new bodies in order to create the best ones possible, which is how Jenova SYNTHESIS was born and the reason the Reunion took several years.

I'm pretty sure it's very possible Sephiroth could still beat Vergil, even when going by the profiles, considering his huge advantages in speed, range, hax, and the fact he can negate durability.

ChocomilkAlex said:
Vergil lost because Death Battle hates using Power-Scaling and instead literally digs up the most fodder feats for a character. It explain why Tifa lost TO A TIER 8 YANG
I think it was just to promote the latter character, which is very likely to be the case.

dmc2 dante base can blitz someone who is almost the MFTL + baseline (813c) and has a 10x DT speed boost(At least 8,130) which is nothing for vergil

Ecstasy Amphetamine said:
ChocomilkAlex said:
Vergil lost because Death Battle hates using Power-Scaling and instead literally digs up the most fodder feats for a character. It explain why Tifa lost TO A TIER 8 YANG
I think it was just to promote the latter character, which is very likely to be the case.
Yeah because Death Battle is owned by Rooster Teeth

Oliver de jesus said:
dmc2 dante base can blitz someone who is almost the MFTL + baseline (813c) and has a 10x DT speed boost(At least 8,130) which is nothing for vergil
Even tho really they're around relativistic and Sephiroth scales to a 65 million C feat, likely a 7 Trillion one

Even tho really they're around relativistic and Sephiroth scales to a 65 million C feat, likely a 7 Trillion one

The only thing I found in the profile was that 1500c feat

Nobody bothered to evaluate the last two. If you're looking for accurate FF profiles on this site, you're looking in the wrong place.

Besides, Ivalice scaling means Eden scaling, and like dissidia exists anyway so lol

65 Million is for snatching the comet he slams into the sun in the International Supernova, right? And the 7 Trillion would be Eden's Eternal Breath?

65 million for Red XIII's limit break, and 7 Trillion for i think the supernova meteor's travel speed

i don't remember what eternal breath got but it's more consistency

AogiriKira said:
Using shit thats been denied on the wiki. Great
Hey, just because this wiki downplays something doesn't mean the rest of the internet has to

Also it wasn't about being rejected it was literally nobody bothering to take a look at them

Wait, Red's Limit Break? I wasn't aware of that one. Which one?

Yeah, now that you mention it, 65 million kinda falls short for entering the galaxy in just around 10 seconds.

Yeah, can't find it right now, but it was brought up. However, it was I think two years ago, things have changed a bit in that time. Maybe it may be worth bringing it up again in the future.

Another thing I wanted to say, that feat consists of Sephiroth moving faster than and blitzing people on that level when he's at his very weakest. Not to mention, you could potentially scale his other attacks to Supernova in terms of speed, which would be faster than Vergil, even considering the 10x boost.

So, you are telling me that blitzing a 1500c character is better than boosted 10 times 850c?

With the boost it's literally a 1500c+ vs a 8500c

@Tony: Not quite, the boss that provides the 1500c feat is a rather low tier one in Crisis Core, Sephiroth is at the end of a long scaling chain as well from that point on. Leagues above many characters that are in turn leagues above said boss.

Granted it doesn't really amount to being specifically X times faster than the Summon because that would be calc stacking, wouldn't it? (Correct me if I am wrong, though)

It kinda goes like this (still a work in progress, apologies):

>>>>> Stomps
>>>> Soundly Defeats
>>> Not Very Close
>> Close Fight
> Barely Wins
= Equal

The Lifestream >?> Omnislash V5/V6 AC Cloud >>>> AC Sephiroth >>>>> AC Cloud >= Chaos Vincent >>> Kadaj >>>> Yazoo and Loz >> Safer Sephiroth >>> Geostigma Cloud > Party in their Prime >>> Weakened Party >>> Bizarro Sephiroth >>> Jenova Synthesis >>>>> Jenova in Time of the Cetra >>> CC Sephiroth >>>>> Endgame Zack > Minerva >>> Prime Genesis >>> Limit Break Player Turk >>>> Individual Weapons = Zirconiade >>>>> Player Turk >> Buster Sword Zack >> Angeal Penance >> Decaying Genesis >> Newly Promoted 1st Class Zack >>>> Bahamut Fury (Provides the 1500c feat)

@Tony: Ah I know, I'm just saying that it's not simply outspeeding the character who had the feat and it goes quite a bit further. Though I am aware scaling has its limitations in this regard, otherwise we could be handing over an inflated rating for the character.

I think Unoriginal Memes means the speed of his Supernova. Here's the calc.

@Tarta

Yeah you got the point, we can't go and give random numbers cuz of stomps and one shots Otherwise Dante would be MFTL+ by now :v

Thanks, just checked it and who exactly scales to that? They didn't outrun it or dodged it somehow, they outright tanked it and all profiles use it as a durability explanation so no one scales to it as far as I can see.

Nvm, just the supernova speed so basically Vergil still blitzes

Tony di bugalu said:
@Tarta
Yeah you got the point, we can't go and give random numbers cuz of stomps and one shots Otherwise Dante would be MFTL+ by now :v

Thanks, just checked it and who exactly scales to that? They didn't outrun it or dodged it somehow, they outright tanked it and all profiles use it as a durability explanation so no one scales to it as far as I can see.

Nvm, just the supernova speed so basically Vergil still blitzes
The supernova speed that Sephiroth causes

Also nevermind the fact that dissidia is canon making this a moot point

Like i know Devil May Cry gets wanked but this is a special kind of sad

>The supernova speed that Sephiroth causes

The Calc is on the explosion, no one outrun it or dodges it so it doesn't scale to anyone

>Also nevermind the fact that dissidia is canon making this a moot point

dunno about this so go into detail

>Like i know Devil May Cry gets wanked but this is a special kind of sad

So, you are salty?

It is that he wants to downgrade the verse to tier 6, although if the hasa├▒as were not considered tier 3/2 it would be tier 5 being more consistent

Well, Dissidia is canon lore wise. At the very least it openly takes place before the beginning of Final Fantasy I and side materials acknowledge it for the other verses. Though it is an absolute nightmare to try scaling due to plethora of inconsistencies between the canon strength of the fighters, which the game doesn't really adress (kinda like FighterZ), everybody just is on even ground.

Dissida is canon? Talk about nightmare fanfic Ó▓á_Ó▓á.

And @TartaChocholate you ranked Geostigma Cloud below Loz and Yazoo despite him basically disarming them both in the bake chase scene ÔÜå _ ÔÜå.

Limit Break AC Cloud >>> AC Cloud >> Geostigma Cloud > Game Cloud > Party.

Nomura has taken the powers of darkness and seized the Squeenix Hearts to control all fictions. OvO

To be fair I did say it was a work in progress, >_>; so yeah, corrections are more than welcome. Gonna fix that up in a bit(Still have to add Deepground)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back