• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are FT characters MHS+

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Thunder Palace is just Lightning Magic. If it was a Dragon Slayer move, then they would have known because it would be called Lightning Dragon Slayer's Thunder Palace. Just like how his Lightning Body is just Lightning Magic and not Dragon Slayer Magic.

....what? Dude....yur gonna base it off of names??? Laxus Lightning is LITERALLY DS Lightning....the Thunder Palace is FILLED with his Lightning AKA his DS magic. I really don't get where in the world u r getting this from but ALL of his magic is based from the Lacrima he has

Why would Laxus' lightning be any different whether it comes from a cloud, or his hand? It's the same ability.

Actually....if we can figure out Laxus Lightning then this could be used for other series that is thought to not have real lightning!

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I feel like people are waay too quick to call outlier for feats honestly...
It's just Calaca and Rin really.

This was already accepted by many people in threads including admins so why's even here.

No, Thunder Palace is just Lightning Magic. If it was a Dragon Slayer move, then they would have known because it would be called Lightning Dragon Slayer's Thunder Palace. Just like how his Lightning Body is just Lightning Magic and not Dragon Slayer Magic.

....what? Dude....yur gonna base it off of names??? Laxus Lightning is LITERALLY DS Lightning....the Thunder Palace is FILLED with his Lightning AKA his DS magic. I really don't get where in the world u r getting this from but ALL of his magic is based from the Lacrima he has

There is no proof of it being DSM, just like how Lightning body is just lightning magic, we never seen other Dragon slayers do something similar, he has Fairy Law, Dark Écriture, Thought Projection, Organic Link, red lightning. organic link is from his thunder palace

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Why would Laxus' lightning be any different whether it comes from a cloud, or his hand? It's the same ability.
For one, if they're creating the clouds, that's just altering weather conditions to produce lightning, the other is producing electricity from their body/magic.

One is Magic > Weather > Lighting, the other is Magic > Lightning, which does make the two reasonably difference. Hence why not all weather manipulatior who happen to have electricity manip have MHS attack speed all around.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Yeah that's my point. There is a bigger gap between Irrelevant speed and FTL than there is between High Hypersonic and Massively Hypersonic+ but it is not an outlier for Ren because it is in a different Key. Her almost being dead doesn't matter if she's amped.
Why are you even using an Outerversal character as argument here? When a character trascends dimensions it's very likely that they'd get such feats. IDK about Ren Fuji but we could get some feats from other characters supporting his Irrelevant's speed. But that's enough about him cause we're derailing with things that doesn't matter here.

@Davidsteel

Good night, dude.

@Matthew

With the current evidence it's not enough. Nobody explained the electromagnetism thing, the 'numb muscles' could be explained with fatigue and nothing more, Laxus's body lightning are dodgeable while the CtG aren't for some reason and it has two displays of having physical force behind it. The 'comes from nature' doesn't mean anything is the magic inside FT has different mechanics from the real (explained in this paragraph).

Those are the arguments against this, @Dargoo

And the lightning comes from the sky which has clouds, and whether it is stormy or just cloudy

The properties of his magic shouldn't change. There is also the fact that Laxus' lightning form is still tye exact same magic he used when he shoots lightning.

An admin agreeing to it wouldn't make it the final decision. That sounds like elitism to me, discussions should be allowed to be brought up if there's people who have issues with it. If you actually read above I'm not against this being real lightning, although there are some inconsistent justifications behind it being real lightning like it being real because it's apart of nature despite people like Natsu being able to make his fire dense and harden. My main issue would be that this kinda seems like an outlier in my opinion.

It's just Calaca and Rin really.

This was already accepted by many people in threads including admins so why's even here.

I feel like this should be closed soon

@Rin, it does when majority of the admins agrees including other non admins. You seem to forget that. That is majority of votes than elitism. Please don't make this political

How would this be an outlier? One high end feat doesn't always equal an outlier. This has been stated for awhile now.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
The properties of his magic shouldn't change. There is also the fact that Laxus' lightning form is still tye exact same magic he used when he shoots lightning.
They don't. However the way they acheive lightning is entirely different. If they're summoning lightning from existing clouds, sure, but if they're just altering weather conditions, that isn't actual electricity manipulation and shouldn't scale to electricity they produce from the body.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
How would this be an outlier? One high end feat doesn't always equal an outlier. This has been stated for awhile now.
I mean, my rule of thumb is to have at least one supporting feat or some statements that make it more clear, but that's just me.

We don't see lightning being shot from his body to the sky then down, we just see it being called down from the sky as a bolt of lightning

CNBA3 said:
We don't see lightning being produce from his body, we just see it being called down from the sky
Yeah, that's why I asked for more context, as I don't know the verse. However if someone dodged cloud-to-ground lightning then yeah, that's pretty clearly MHS unless there's literally isn't anything else that would suggest so.

Yeah, that's why I asked for more context, as I don't know the verse. However if someone dodged cloud-to-ground lightning then yeah, that's pretty clearly MHS unless there's literally isn't anything else that would suggest so.

The magic in this verse is a combination of both nature and the user as both work in tandem that produces magic. There is one where he does call down lightning and Gajeel jumps to save Natsu before contact

I generally disagree fra

@BlackeJan

Not all of his Lightning Magic is DS Magic, Makarov even told him to keep his Dragon Slayer Magic a secret he decided to use it on Gajeel and Natsu for the Luls. Lightning Body,Thunder Palace, and Red Lightning are just normal lightning magic.

The magic in this verse is a combination of both nature and the user as both work in tandem that produces magic. There is one where he does call down lightning and Gajeel jumps to save Natsu before contact

Ah, then yeah, I don't see why that wouldn't be MHS outside of it being an outlier. Is there any other comparable feats or support for this that could make it more reliable to use?

Which goes back to my first point on the fact that we aren't other forums. We have many things other various forums don't accept. Doesn't mean jack or shit. Ain't no one forum 100% correct. Neither are we. We should evaluate things by our standards. Saying this is an outlier because OBD said it is does not fly.

Ah, then yeah, I don't see why that wouldn't be MHS outside of it being an outlier. Is there any other comparable feats or support for this that could make it more reliable to use?

Erza reacting to Irene's meteor which called at high speed from outerspace, Jura reacted to Laxus who was moving as lighting.

The former was around the end of the series, and latter is around the middle

The lightning that Laxus used is comparable to actual lightning being drawn to a person with metal mimicry acting as a lightning rod via conductivity.

Just want to say, Kirin has its own speed and manga given time frame so it being real lightning or not does not really matter. And I am out again.

@DragonEmperor

What a way to say that I'm just stretching my arguments without reading them. Congratulations.

@Matthew

And no. I'm not calling anything outlier yet. I'm saying that we shouldn't use the current calc with the differences Laxus's lightning displays. Instead, we should use a calc coming from a CtG or from him becoming lightning.

And no. I'm not saying that the admins are wrong because they accepted this. I'm saying that the logic behind this it's doubtful. Three of the four requeriments are doubtful and without them we shouldn't use this as real. I'm still waiting for the electromagnetism explanation.

@The thread

I finally read the whole thread someone posted before and I don't see the same arguments so this should continue.

The points I brought into discussion weren't discussed in that thread.

So to summary my things:

• Laxus's lightning coming from body is dodgeable while CtG isn't.
  • The numb muscles argument isn't clear enough to say it is.
  • Magic doesn't necessarily equals the real element despite one statement says so.
  • Laxus's lightning has shown having physical force which shouldn't has.
Those things are yet to be explained. I still don't think Dragonmaster's argument is enough to put it as real just because Laxus manipulates lightning.

And again, my suggestion is that we change the justification for the characters's speed and use a better feat like a CtG or someone reacting to Laxus's while he's lightning itself.

Right now the only legit feat of Laxus's direct lightning being real is the conductivity.

That's not why we're calling it an outlier, the OBD rejecting it was just to support that notion. It's common sense, if a feat pops up that isn't done by a God tiers that's suddenly higher than the previous set power then its an outlier. These characters went from low end HHS to MHS+ and the HHS took place after this MHS+ hence why I doubt they're actually MHS+ this early on.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
That's not why we're calling it an outlier, the OBD rejecting it was just to support that notion. It's common sense, if a feat pops up that isn't done by a God tiers that's suddenly higher than the previous set power then its an outlier. These characters went from low end HHS to MHS+ and the HHS took place after this MHS+ hence why I doubt they're actually MHS+ this early on.
Okay? We've had characters go from FTL+ to over trillions of times FTL+. A high end feat doesn't just mean outlier. Even when a lower feat is performed later. That doesn't always equal outlier. I need to make threads regarding this topic as we have been too outlier happy recently. And the standards for an outlier changes from person to person and group to group.

It does relate to real world element, like how water given enough pressure can cut through steal, Fire hot enough can effect the air pressure creating an updraft for both real world and user's own wind, even elements have chemical compounds that can be used for creating new elements. Just like how Laxus's lightning is real lightning by many accounts. And just because OBD says one thing, doesn't mean this wikia has to follow it, that is blind loyalty.

@DragonEmperor wrote:

"The arguments for against are that Laxus's lightning from his hands shouldn't be as fast as the ones that come from the sky and that the verse was HHS before."

Calaca Vs said:
@DragonEmperor wrote:
"The arguments for against are that Laxus's lightning from his hands shouldn't be as fast as the ones that come from the sky and that the verse was HHS before."
I don't think he was talking about only you.

Calaca Vs said:
@DragonEmperor wrote:
Yeah, you were saying there wasn't any proof the CtG was the same speed as the hand/from the body lightning and that the MHS+ is high enough to considered an outlier.(I don't remember if you said the second part but that was part of Rin's argument)

Through this thread I understand that the best way we could deal with this is using an actual CtG lightning or Jura reacting to Laxus's feat to prove MHS+. Without them the MHS+ coming from an almost dead Erza could be considered as outlier if the results from the other calcs aren't even MHS.

And no, I brought more proof than that. It pisses me off that you said that because it seems you just read what you find convenient.

And your proof was shot down by even admins here, you cannot disprove the proof we have hear. And for outlier, both parties were weakened at this point, which would hardly be that and remains consistant to the story through out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back