• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why are FT characters MHS+

Status
Not open for further replies.
DragonEmperor23 said:
It's not really that confusing, maybe complex/abstract is a better word. His magic is White Dragonslayer magic and he can eat anything that is white which includes light.
but thats the thing though, because light in this case is white (combination of all the colors in the spectrum), that means it is light itself

right, just saying that it doesn't really exclude natural light as well, which actually explains why he can't just eat the light we see as much as he wants because the earth bends light and thus cannot produce white light needed.

@Davidsteel1

"aside from the lightning coming from above there has been zero discernable difference between the lightning used in either circumstances by Laxus"

I'll go with what FinalBattle said to answer this: Laxus's lightning has shown having physical force behind it. It pushed people before so many times that is more than just an inconsistency.

"The matter of when he fires it from his hands ppl dodge and when it comes from above no one dodges is circumstantial evidence at best, I can throw a jab and someone can dodge it and then I can throw a hook at the exact same speed in completely different circumstances and the person fails to dodge it, does the persons failure to dodge affect the fact that both moves were at the exact same speed or rather the fact that it was in a different circumstance is what makes the difference?"

This isn't the same. Dodging a real lightning at point blank requires more speed than dodging a cloud-to-ground lightning unless the distance is comparable to a close range battle distance. And the fact that many characters had problems dodging a lightning that comes from far away than Laxus presents more problems.

"Or here's a more apt example Enel is capable of firing bolts of lightning from the sky but he is also capable of firing lightning from his hands does that make the lightning from his hands any slower than the one from above? Keeping in mind the fact that both Laxus and Enels powers are nearly identical"

Nearly is the key word. And I disagree. Enel is the lightning itself while Laxus absorbs and manipulate lightning. The applications are similar but the nature of every power is different. We have several things proving Enel being real lightning (even Nami who's the master of weather said that).

"-the degree to which a specified material conducts electricity, calculated as the ratio of the current density in the material to the electric field which causes the flow of current. That's the definition of conductivity, I don't think it really has anything to do with what happens to Wall"

I don't know about physics so I can't argue against this. I don't even know what's your point tbh. What I said is that Wahl could be weak to the lightning just because he's a natural conductive material. Could you explain this again?

"This wasn't a decision that had minimal involvement from anyone trust me."

Then the link involving the agreement on the blog should be different cause it leads to misunderstandings.

@CNBA

I agree that the lightning Laxus used was real from the proof shown, especially with conductivity, lightning coming from the sky, Lighting being born from both one's spirit and nature, even lightning effecting machines, if unprotected.

Regarding the nature of it and the cloud-to-ground argument I must say that we don't treat Lightning Jutsu as real lightning even if it shares the same properties. The only exception is Kirin.

Laxus's lightning has physical force and it's apparently slower than the CtG one. Laxus could just throw a lightning to a cumulonimbus and this will charge with the electricity to make a real lightning coming from the clouds. Just like Sasuke did with the heat of his fire IIRC.

@Mitch

I adressed the nature thing above.

And no. Laxus's lightning is what's supporting Erza's meteor. Without this the verse is Hypersonic+ IIRC and that feat was called outlier due to the massive difference. Don't forget that Erza's feat is above Mach 6500 while this is just Mach 1300+. This is the supporting feat.

@Quoting FinalBattleX01

-His lightning has consistently shown to have physical force behind it, something that shouldn't be possible (e.g. in chap. 120 his lightning launches Mystogan in the air and in the same chapter blasts Erza away. There are other examples of this happening)
-In chap. 123 p.5 it seemed to literally carry Natsu away with continuous force
-The fact that Natsu can eat it and gain lightning powers reinforces the idea that its magical lightning as opposed to natural -Other Dragon Slayers have weird mutations of their elements (i.e. Natsu's solid fire, Wendy's healing magic, Rogue's shadows somehow becoming tangible e.t.c.) Why would Laxus be the exception with the real, base element?

I'll support the last point saying that if Natsu can eat Laxus's lightning then he should be capable of eating the real thing. The same goes to all the Dragon Slayers but that's not proven as many people think. The Slayers can eat his element and the magic that uses it but if they're capable of eating other magics then why don't they try the same with the actual element? I.e Natsu eating air like Wendy does.

I think the only requeriment that only shows Laxus's lightning as real is the conductivity and possibly the electromagnetism if someone explain that so I can get it. The paralysis seems iffy and it could be related to Natsu and Gajeel being exhausted more than muscular numb.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Because Sting's Magic is descriped as White/Holy Magic, not inherently Light, His attacks work more like Ark from SDS, therefore Holy Power, I mean he ate a White Arrow, so it's clearly not Light as in Light Speed, also it bends
funny thing, even bent light can be calculated in speed as well.

@Cala because magic comes from both nature and user's spirit, just like how Kirin comes from nature that is why. and Kirin has physical force yet treated like lightning. That is what cloud to ground lightning means.

How is it a supporting feat? Erza only scales to the meteor when amped on friendship and the meteor was made by Irene in her dragon form. It can't be an outlier if it happens during an amp or by someone in a transformation.

you must remember that Irene was weakened drastically at the point of her transformation as well after using the trasfer spell twice. and while amped with power of feelings, she uses armor as well to help her out

@CNBA

Naruto's Chakra when used on Raiton has several similarities with actual lightning and yet it's not listed as such. Kirin is the only case and the physical force behind it it's likely the only discrepance between it and the real deal while Laxus's lightning has more things discrediting it as such.

@DragonEmperor

No, Laxus's lightning being real is the supportive feat for Erza's feat. If Laxus's lightning is considered as non-real then the verse would be downgraded to HHS and the meteor's feat would be considered an outlier when it comes to speed because the gap is too damn high even for Power of Friendship and that BS.

if chakra is not listed as combined with nature like magic is, then no there is no real similarities. there is no real difference between Laxus' lightning and Kirin in this case since it adds in the nature factor to it. besides that there is more proof that Laxus' lightning is real as well. another thing to discredit for Kirin is that real lightning does not take the shape of a beast as well.

You don't use previous feats to justify whether or not feats are outliers in transformations. There are multiple characters who are several tiers higher in transformations. It doesn't matter how fast or strong they were in previous modes/forms because it's possible to achieve any new level of speed or power in a new transformation/form. See Ren Fuji who goes from 7-A to 5-B to 1-A. Just because he has 7-A feats in one form doesn't mean all his 5-B feats in another form are all outliers.

Don't wanna derail this either but Narutos verse chakra nature stems from themselves and Sasuke could use Kirin cause of his Lightning nature so Raikage Lightning is also real. That reminds me but Laxus has a Lightning Lacrima so that wouldn't be his own magic but it stems from something else, take that Lacrima away then you get nothing

we do not know how implanted Lacrima works, I remember when Laxus was about to fight all of Raven Tail and I was guessing that his father Ivan would use some means to remove it, but that was then. for all we know that lacrima becomes part of them indefinitly. Also he has Fairy Law as well.

yes, chakra stems from them, Kirin stems from nature, Magic stems from both

>I'll go with what FinalBattle said to answer this: Laxus's lightning has shown having physical force behind it. It pushed people before so many times that is more than just an inconsistency.

That's a fair point, so I decided to go through literally all of Laxus fights to figure this out and in doing so I noticed that a massive majority where Laxus is involved and sent characters flying he generally landed blows so there is that which more than explains characters being pushed back, but there is an element of truth to ur point though, there were 2 occasions that I noticed this happens and both were in the fight against Ravenclaw every other time as far as I noticed Laxus had used a physical move amped by lightning to send ppl flying so saying it's pushed ppl back so many times sounds more like an exaggeration to me.

This isn't the same. Dodging a real lightning at point blank requires more speed than dodging a cloud-to-ground lightning unless the distance is comparable to a close range battle distance. And the fact that many characters had problems dodging a lightning that comes from far away than Laxus presents more problems.

While going through the fights I also noted every moment Laxus used Cloud to ground lightning. The first time was against Gajeel- who at this point wasn't making any move to defend himself- the second time was against Natsu whom he had already trashed and was struggling to get off the ground- and even then Gajeel was able to get Natsu out of the way b4 the lightning struck- the third was against Hades and was a surprise attack, the fourth was against Tempesta another surprise attack and the fourth was against Wall- we don't see whether this bolt even struck him since we cut away to Gray and when we cut back Wall is unscathed and Laxus isn't even where he was initially suggesting they had moved.

> Regarding the supposed difference between Enel and Laxus, Enel isn't the only one who becomes the element Laxus has shown he has no issue in transforming to his element so it is clearly a step beyond simply absorbing and manipulating it. Also Nami says Enel uses real lightning, that's fine but it has very little influence in this argument, I brought up Enel because I was trying to make the point that even though a character can use cloud to ground lightning and can use lightning from their hands it doesn't mean both are not the same thing.

>as to Wall being a conductor I was just trying to say that I don't think Wall being a good conductor was the issue, keep in mind Gajeel literally changes into metal and he never made any claim that Laxus' lightning harmed him more than most. But I'm not a physicist either so it's best not to speak on matters I barely understand.

> the link is to show the maths behind the result not necessarily y it was accepted.

DragonEmperor23 said:
Laxus's lacrima is his Lightning Dragon Slayer magic. He learned Lightning magic on his own.
Can't be. I vividly remember that Laxus had a weak body and Ivan (iirc) saved his life by implanting in him a DS Lacrima in him

So just browsing while I am doing mountains of college work

How about;

1) Finding the thread that accepted it (It does exist. I was there)

2) Message Calc members.

This thread would get done 2x fastwr if you do that.

BlackeJan said:
DragonEmperor23 said:
Laxus's lacrima is his Lightning Dragon Slayer magic. He learned Lightning magic on his own.
Can't be. I vividly remember that Laxus had a weak body and Ivan (iirc) saved his life by implanting in him a DS Lacrima in him
Laxus was not going to die, Ivan just implanted the lacrima out of pity. Laxus still learned other magic besides LDSM

@Dragonmasterxyz:

we did give them the thread, but they still continue to deny it.

^^^^

Where? I remeber that Laxus had a weak body and Ivan I planted a DS Lacrima in him. That's why he's a 2nd Generation DS....and what else did he learn other then Fairy Law?

Besides as seen with Sting and Rouge, getting implanted with a lacrima of a slayer type magic does not also give you the non slayer type verson.

Red Lightning, Thunder Palace, Lightning Body, Dark Ecriture, Thought Projection, Organic Link

I feel like this is really nitpicky, Gilthunder, Kirin, and Eneru have all had physical force behind their lightning and they all get treated as normal lightning, Laxus's Lightning has almost all the traits of really lightning, suggesting otherwise is a little biased and silly

@CNBA

>if chakra is not listed as combined with nature like magic is, then no there is no real similarities. there is no real difference between Laxus' lightning and Kirin in this case since it adds in the nature factor to it. besides that there is more proof that Laxus' lightning is real as well. another thing to discredit for Kirin is that real lightning does not take the shape of a beast as well.

Again, quoting FinalBattle:

"Similarly, some lightning Jutsu also share traits with real lightning (can travel through metal, numb the body on contact, travel through water, create electric fields, affect the nervous sytem e.t.c) and yet the only lightning speed Jutsu we accept is Kirin, and only because it was explicitly stated to be lightning speed in manga. It seems like the criteria for acceptance is just a little inconsistant, no?"

As far as I know Raiton has more similarities with real lightning than Laxus's lightning. Or at least better argued.

@DragonEmperor

That's not the same thing. Right now we're talking about speed and Ren Fuji is listed as FTL likely FTL+ in both first and second keys. If he jumps tiers like that is because he has feats proving so with more feats supporting the tier he is.

AFAIK we have only two speed feats listed as MHS+. One comes from this topic and the other comes from a feat that if the former doesn't exist it should be considered as an outlier because before Laxus's calc the verse was HHS and we don't accept things like this if they seems so outlierish.

@Magic stems from Nature

The fact that Slayers eats the element doesn't prove the element they manipulate is real aswell. Again, there are many differences between them. If the showings of physical force happened once then I wouldn't be saying this because it could be argued as a little inconsistency but it's not the case since it has been shown having actual physical force many times in both Natsu and Laxus's magic.

@Davidsteel

>Laxus's pushing people

Hm... seems correct. Just forget about the "many times" but that doesn't change the point that Laxus's lightning has apparently physical force which shouldn't has.

>Laxus's fights

Could you provide such scans? It would be useful to settle this.

>Enel and Laxus

Yes, Laxus can travel when transformed into lightning. I'm not denying that but the fact that he came from the clouds transformed into lightning (and for some reason the lightning stood there for some time before showing it was Laxus) doesn't mean that his attacks are lightning speed. Why? Because he came from the clouds and as I said earlier only the CtG lightning should be considered as real instead of everysingle attack he uses.

>Nami's statement

I don't want to derail but in this case Nami's the credible scientific source that proves Enel's real lightning and attack as such. And in Enel's case he can use the same speed because he's literally lightning while Laxus isn't.

>Wall

Then I'll wait for someone who knows a bit more about physics to solve this matter.

@Everyone

What I'm aiming for this it's solving those issues regarding Laxus's lightning. IMO they were accepted with a little flawed argument.

• Using CtG doesn't give you the same speed just because you use it.
  • The 'numb muscles' scan could be just Natsu and Gajeel severely injured.
  • The electromagnetism is yet to be explained.

BlackeJan said:
.....where is the organic link....the Red Lightning * Thunder Place is from his DS magic!
No, Thunder Palace is just Lightning Magic. If it was a Dragon Slayer move, then they would have known because it would be called Lightning Dragon Slayer's Thunder Palace. Just like how his Lightning Body is just Lightning Magic and not Dragon Slayer Magic.

Calaca Vs said:
@DragonEmperor

That's not the same thing. Right now we're talking about speed and Ren Fuji is listed as FTL likely FTL+ in both first and second keys. If he jumps tiers like that is because he has feats proving so with more feats supporting the tier he is.

AFAIK we have only two speed feats listed as MHS+. One comes from this topic and the other comes from a feat that if the former doesn't exist it should be considered as an outlier because before Laxus's calc the verse was HHS and we don't accept things like this if they seems so outlierish.
Ren Fuji also goes from FTL to Irrelevant from 2nd to 3rd. He does that because he has a feat supporting it, being outerversal. The feat supporting the speed upgrade to MHS+ is the meteor feat and is done by amped characters that do not scale to their weaker forms.

Again, Kirin and laxus's lightning are not from nature (latter both nature and spirit), while other Raiton are just from the user, There is also the railgun which is usage of electromagnetism, which uses electric fields as well. And again, conductivity of Metal to lightning. It does apparently for Kirin for CtG

Again, it's not the same thing. Ren Fuji is far different from any FT character that's not even funny. He had FTL speed when he was 7-A and still has the same rating as 4-B. Being Outerversal means that you're above dimensionality in many ways so it's logical that he'd be Irrelevant.

In this case we're talking about a verse who goes from HHS (despite Laxus) to MHS+ with a Mach 6500 from an almost dead character. The difference is quite clear and it doesn't involve dimensionality and outerversal stuff. The difference between a high end HHS+ and Erza's feat is 650x bigger and there's nothing more suggesting that rating but Laxus's lightning which I find doubtious.

I'm suggesting to use calcs where Laxus's literally uses CtG or he turns into lightning to justify such rating because right now the lightning he emits from his body shouldn't be considered as real. So no, I'm not denying that every lightning Laxus uses is fake if you're thinking that. A CtG calc would be more useful in this case.

I think we're sometimes too generous with lightning feats in general, although I don't know enough about the verse to give a proper opinion. Could someone sum up the arguments for either side for me?

Yeah that's my point. There is a bigger gap between Irrelevant speed and FTL than there is between High Hypersonic and Massively Hypersonic+ but it is not an outlier for Ren because it is in a different Key. Her almost being dead doesn't matter if she's amped.

I agree with Calaca, I do understand the Ren Fuji comparison but they are two different situations which aren't at all comparable. I do also still think FT having a MHS+ feat this early into the series is an outlier despite the other feats being HHS.

It will just be MHS+ because it is accepted as real lightning, even admin said it was accepted.

This entire thread is just giving me flashbacks to all the previous threads we've had on this issue and it's just a massive headache.

@Calaca

>Nami I wasn't trying to say that Nami's statement was wrong or inaccurate I wasn't even questioning Enel using real lightning the point I was just trying to make was that if there has been no clear difference in the nature of the lightning used then it is reasonable to assume they are the same.

>Laxus becoming lightning. I understand that u don't believe that we should equate Laxus using Ctg lightning with his normal attacks, but I disagree. I've told u my stance on this matter and u told me yours we don't seem to agree so let's just agree to disagree, if I can't convince u now there really isn't any point in trying to continue.

>Laxus fights, I'm sorry but I can't post those atm, I'm honestly supposed to be asleep cuz I have classes early 2moro but I'm still on here. If someone else can find them and post them then that would be appreciated but if not I'll post them after I've gotten sleep and have free time on my hands.

>Again let's just agree to disagree.

Could someone sum this up in an understandable way for me?

Otherwise I'm just going to unfollow this as I have little knowledge on the verse.

Dargoo Faust said:
I think we're sometimes too generous with lightning feats in general, although I don't know enough about the verse to give a proper opinion. Could someone sum up the arguments for either side for me?
So we're arguing on whether or not Natsu's calc of dodging Laxus's lightning is valid. The arguments for it being valid are that his lightning has been shown to come from cloud to ground, it has shown properties of real lightning with being conducted to metals and that it's been shown to numb muscles after attacking opponents. The magic in Fairy Tail has also been said to be the actual natural element and the magic version is the same as the real one. The arguments for against are that Laxus's lightning from his hands shouldn't be as fast as the ones that come from the sky and that the verse was HHS before.

Dargoo Faust said:
Well we went through this in a thread a long time ago, and majority of participants including admins agree to go with it being real lightning with all it's properties, it is from nature as well as user, it has a conductivity to metal which one used as a lightning rod, Laxus conjured lightning bolts from cloud to ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back