• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So, it looks like our contestants are Hulk, Thor in Infinity War w/ Stormbreaker, Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, and Scarlet Witch. Possibly Iron Man since his Mark 85 puts him in the Large Country catagory as well. So who comes out on top more times than not? Or at the very least, what's the ranking and why? The easiest criteria might be to compare their performances against Thanos. Does Captain Marvel lose her title?

Thor has the raw power and is the strongest.

Second Strongest is Scarlet Witch most likely,then again Captain Marvel goes with her raw power and Strange is weaker then her but still wreckes CM with his abilities.

1. Strange beats all the other contenders except for Wanda because she doesn't need travel time for attacks. Takes the number 1 spot since he is simply better in general.

2. Wanda beats everyone (bloodlusted) simply due to compatibility.

3. ThorBreaker is physically weaker than Carol but his axe will tear through her higher defense like it did to Thanos (and thus Hulk).

4. Carol gets out haxed, out ranged (as in they have better range attacks) and out AP'd by those above her but is basically better than Hulk at everything.

5. Hulk ...... why did you not go Worldbreaker after absorbing the IG gamma rays? Basically Thanos but less skilled and thus will lose to evryone else on this list since they all have either beaten Thanos or would have if not for Infinity Stones.

IW Thor should physically be the strongest.

Hax wise Doctor Strange wins hands down. I'm actually kind of disappointed he was just relegated to supporting cast in Endgame.

So whoever wins this, should it count as a victory on their page over the others? Or is this just a what if-discussion? Also currently Thor has 4, Strange has 4, Wanda has 2

Riptide240 said:
So whoever wins this, should it count as a victory on their page over the others? Or is this just a what if-discussion?
Also currently Thor has 4, Strange has 4, Wanda has 2
Just a what-if discussion. If you want it to be reflected in their profiles, you need to make separate 1v1 matches and see that they are not stomps.

"5. Hulk ...... why did you not go Worldbreaker after absorbing the IG gamma rays? Basically Thanos but less skilled and thus will lose to evryone else on this list since they all have either beaten Thanos or would have if not for Infinity Stones."

I know right? I was fully expecting this to happen maybe this will buff Hulk in the future?

In the future? Unfortunately, according to the Russos, his arm damage is permanent.

In terms of who would win a fight, I feel like no one in this battle royal can counter most of Strange's reality warping. All he'd have to do is trap them in the mirror dimension or give them the Loki treatment, sending them into a falling dimension for as long as he needs. He may not be the "strongest", but he can definitely pass for most powerful. His had is overwhelming. And Wanda's psionics aren't really equipped to handle any of his mystical arsenal.

Strange fighting Thanos with 4 infinity stones is more impressive than what Wanda did to be honest.

In terms of AP it can be either IW Thor or Carol. I'm not sure which one

actually russo did say it was permanant in the form that it cant heal itself. he said it might be healed or even replaced in the future depending on what the future directors do with his character. i hope they give him a world-breaker movie. that would be so sick.

We'd first need Universal to play nice with the movie rights. That's basically the main cause of all the Hulk issues in the MCU, they can't make a movie solely dedicated to him so they're forced to relegate his arcs to being subplots in the crossover movies. Which isn't ideal since just about every movie he's in has multiple main characters who already have their own arcs and stories being carried over from their solo films that the directors and writers will need to address ultimately leaving the Hulk with very little time for anything.

TLDR: Universal sucks all the butts

JackJoyce said:
Strange fighting Thanos with 4 infinity stones is more impressive than what Wanda did to be honest.

In terms of AP it can be either IW Thor or Carol. I'm not sure which one
IMO Thor almost OHKOing Thanos in IW is more impressive than Carol getting OHKOd by him in Endgame using the power stone. Even Tony tanked a similar attack in IW. And yea Strange wasn't even fighting Thanos seriously since he knew wha had to happen. For some reason I feel like it would've been a much better fight

Before that he was almost the 100-year-old virgi

1. Thor in Infinity War w/ Stormbreaker (Brute strength plus firepower and a fatal blow on Thanos).

2. Captain Marvel ( have more strength and durability than Stark but couldn't hold her own against power gem punch).

3. Doctor Strange (Haxed but glasscanon. managed to hold Thanos in place until Thanos use 2 gems to attack him).

4. Iron Man (Good defence against energy base attacks and Thanos punch).

5. Scarlet Witch (Almost defeated base Thanos).

6. Hulk (Get stomped by Thor, Surtur and Thanos and survived).

1. Thor with Storm Breaker one shots anyone who gets hit by it, he just needs to aim for the head.

2. Doctor Strange haxes and ggs everyone here with Mirror Dimention or Sling Ring, but because the Gauntlet's hax is more potent he gets shut down by him. Anyone else tho would lose hard to him.

3. Scarlet Witch stomps Base Thanos and thanks to range doesn't get swatted away by the Power Stone. She also pushes back a nigh-complete infinity gaunlet by herself.

4. Iron Man was able to block a blast from the power stone and make Thanos bleed even when fighting a mult-Gem'd gauntlet. I'm conflicted on this one on putting him above 5 but I just think his ability to go toe to toe with a stone and not get swatted away is pretty impressive.

5. Captain Marvel, hasn't shown anything too crazy other than breaking the ship to pieces and overpowering and no-selling base thanos's punches... She might have stomped him but we didn't get to see it before she got punched across the entire planet by the power stone.

6. Hulk loses hard here he wasn't able to beat base thanos, and we could see he didn't even use the power stone to do it.

In terms of sheer power, Thor with Stormbreaker back when he was still a buff-boi and before becoming Lebowski, is clearly the strongest. I thought this should be obvious to anyone based on scaling from the Gauntlet, I mean:

With ONE attack, he blasted right through an energy-blast and barrier from the COMPLETE Infinity Gauntlet, and proceeded to nearly one-shot-kill Thanos (who himself said that Thor WOULD have one-shot-killed him if he had gone for the head). No other character in all of the MCU besides Peter Quill when he had his Celestial Powers, has a feat as impressive as this one.

HOWEVER, in terms of who would actually win in a fight: The clear answer, as others have pointed out, is Dr. Strange due to his hax.

Summary: You can count this as a vote for both Thor and Strange. Thor for best power, Strange for best hax.

I find it hilarious how Kevin Feige, Marvel Studios, and Brie Larson have over-hyped Captain Marvel as being the "strongest," when that is obviously total bullshit; Scarlet Witch could clearly beat Captain Marvel, and Thor from Infinity War is clearly above both of them. She's turned out to be one of the most over-hyped characters in all of fiction when comparing real-world hype statements to her actual feats. Brie Larson is by far the worst offender in this regard, what with her repeatedly saying completely unfounded BS with no evidence like how Captain Marvel "can definitely lift Mjolnir," or the worst-offending statement of all, that one time when she said that Captain Marvel can MOVE PLANETS. Remember that, guys, remember when Brie Larson said her character can move planets? Pepperidge Farm remembers, and Pepperidge Farm says she's full of shit XD XD XD

Wanda has the most power, Strange has the best hax, Thor's Stormbreaker gives him the best AP, Carol has the best general physical power/speed combo in addition to her energy aura/blasts/absorption, and the Hulk is probably the physically strongest/toughest since he's the only one we're certain can survive one snap besides Thanos.

Mr. Redic said:
Wanda has the most power, Strange has the best hax, Thor's Stormbreaker gives him the best AP, Carol has the best general physical power/speed combo in addition to her energy aura/blasts/absorption, and the Hulk is probably the physically strongest/toughest since he's the only one we're certain can survive one snap besides Thanos.
What you just said contradicts itself multiple times. First you say that Wanda has the best power, but then you say that Thor has the best AP. Power and AP are the same thing, dude. Then you proceed to say that Carol has the best physical power. So which one of these three has the best power/AP, then?

Unless by saying that Wanda has the "best power" you meant not actual attack-potency, but the actual NATURE of her abilities. Is that what you meant? In that case, you need to be more clear in the way you state things, because the way it is worded makes it sound like you are talking about AP.

Hulk is NOT the physically strongest/toughest. Captain Marvel is most definitely above him in that regard. Granted, her physical power comes from her energy/aura, but it is still her physical power/strength nonetheless (just like how we consider the physical power/durability of characters in Dragon Ball to all just be part of their strength and toughness, despite a large part of it coming from augmentation with their aura). Also, Post-Sakaar Hulk got casually beaten-down by Base Thanos, and despite him being able to survive the Snap, we have no actual evidence from solid feats/scaling that he is really any stronger now than he was then. I highly suspect that him being able to survive the Snap has as much to do with his Low-Mid Regenerationn as it has to do with his durability and power.

Strange because hax. I really don't think it should matter in literally any way that he's a glass canon hax aside, that doesn't change the fact the hax is a big wall.

For pure power... As far as we've seen, Thor in IW with Stormbreaker should take it. It still feels very odd and like there's something missing that he went from smacking away a beam from the complete Infinite Gauntlet to struggling with Thanoscopter Blade Thanos, big belly or not, but its whatever.

Behind him and the two that win just because of compatibility are Scarlet Witch and Captain Marvel. I truly do not care one bit how much people dislike CM or Brie's general attitude or whatever else, that just feels like petty sentimentality unrelated to the topic. Carol, besides Wanda, was the only one unequivocally shown pushing Thanos back and without any issue at that, forcing him to Power Stone her ass away and not being able to overpower. This by all means is actually more impressive than Wanda for the simple reason that overpowering Thanos close and personal with your own hand is one thing, with Wanda's powers that don't leave Thanos any chance to retaliate because he doesn't have any powers without the stones is another. Simply said, what Wanda does with her TK doesn't leave Thanos room for anything, no out maneuvering even if Wanda is only a little stronger than him, but what Captain Marvel does leaves more room for Thanos to do anything, as he obviously ends up doing, but he couldn't do anything with his own power - and we know he's an expertly skilled fighter.

Poor Hulk ends up at the bottom of all this. But since he's best boy and can finally get fans without worrying they'll be scared to even look his way, I don't think I care xD.

"I truly do not care one bit how much people dislike CM or Brie's general attitude or whatever else, that just feels like petty sentimentality unrelated to the topic."

This. And somehow that personal bias and dislike for the character gets in the way of powerscaling and people lowball her to extreme levels with completely unfounded excuses.

AKM sama said:
"I truly do not care one bit how much people dislike CM or Brie's general attitude or whatever else, that just feels like petty sentimentality unrelated to the topic."
This. And somehow that personal bias and dislike for the character gets in the way of powerscaling and people lowball her to extreme levels with completely unfounded excuses.
I'm not lowballing her. I just don't appreciate the actress who plays the character making completely unfounded statements about power-scaling with no basis or actual knowledge to back up what she is saying. Lol.

I don't actually have personal issues with Brie Larson, though. I want to note that I am a feminist myself and am perfectly fine with 99% of what she has said in interviews and online, in fact I support the majority of it. The ONLY statements she has made that I have issues with, are the ones regarding power-scaling. Other than that, I actually like Larson quite a bit, so don't get me wrong here. Haha.

I just think it's silly how Marvel Studio's hype for the character doesn't actually match her demonstrated feats. But hey, we don't know what feats she will show in Phase 4, so we will have to wait and see. Perhaps her feats in Phase 4 will end up actually supporting all the hype by Feige and Larson! That would be cool.

I wasn't talking about you, just some peeps on the internet.

Back