• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Whitebeard vs Ikaros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaltias

VS Battles
Retired
Both are 6-B, speed is equalized and Ikaros can't use her cards.

Whitebeard: 6 (Knight, Kinkiest, Stefano, Zack, Velox, Yomi)

Ikaros: 6 (Homu, Shadow, Starry, PaChi, Number, Burning)

Inconclusive:

Ah thank you for the information. Whitebeard himself is baseline 6-B however he can increase his AP to an uncertain extent via Busoshoku Haki. He also has Kenbunshoku Haki giving him precog but Whitebeard tends to tank attacks as opposed to dodging. He also has a pretty massive stamina advantage being able to fight with his organs burnt, half of his head missing, took a final beating from Blackbeard and his crew and still gave a speech.

Meanwhile Ikaros has a massive experience and range advantage, likely more mobile and agile and might take the skill advantage.

I'm gonna have to vote for Whitebeard with Mid-High difficulty.

Well, Ikaros has proven that she can take a beating from much stronger foes than herself (Ikaros Mela) and while she was injured pretty critically, she did managed to get back up. Her durability obviously doesn't scale fully, but it is a good deal higher than her own AP.

Would precog help much against an attack that keeps chasing him forever (Artemis)? Also I mean, Ikaros can keep fighting for days if needed, so I doubt that stamina will play a huge factor.

Just pointing out obviously, vote counted.

1: Ah that makes sense I suppose. Essentially a reverse glass canon ( If that's even a term.)

2: One Piece characters are known for their immense stamina, such as Portgas D. Ace fighting Jinbe for a solid 5 days while at a disadvantage being surrounded near Water and Jinbe being able to use Busoshoku Haki. Sakazuki (Admiral Akainu) and Kuzan (Admiral Aokiji) were able to fight each other for a full 10 days before the fight actually ended. And well Whitebeard is superior to them in every aspect. However you are right about the precog part. His precog is likely top tier in the OP verse but he doesn't dodge very often.

1) It's called tank

2) Well yes, I meant that it's less of a factor because they are more likely to die before actually having their stamina reserves completely depleted, considering how high their stamina is

Kaltias said:
1) It's called tank

2) Well yes, I meant that it's less of a factor because they are more likely to die before actually having their stamina reserves completely depleted, considering how high their stamina is

1: Listen it's 5:57 and I'm half asleep lmao. Forgot the term.

2: Fair.

Anyway should probably get sleep before I end up saying something dumber lmao.

@Homu

Most of her haxes are restricted since she can't use cards here (it's also fairly OOC for her to use them, but she would use them if necessary)

Her usual tactic is mostly staying at a safe distance then spamming Artemis (doubt that she would use Apollon in the middle of Central Park of all places) and using Aegis to block the incoming attacks that she doesn't manage to dodge.

@Knigt

Dude get some rest lol

So she is like Madoka but less hax. WB had dealed with projectiles before but her flight gives her slights advantage here. I will votes for her since she can just spammed arrows from every directions, She can forces him into going defence and it's only matter of times before her attacks will meet their targets.

How far is WB into MHS+ btw? I'm wondering if speed unequal would be fair

Ikaros via huge mobility and range advantage, she could just spam her arrows non stop until WB dies or is incapacitated.

I was talking about the "fly to the other side of the planet then spam Artemis" kind of "fly away"

Kaltias said:
I was talking about the "fly to the other side of the planet then spam Artemis" kind of "fly away"
What stop Whitebeard to also spawn quakes to counter all her Artemis?

Nothing in particular. But playing defensively isn't exactly his best choice if he must prevent Ikaros getting out of range

Whitebeard's powers have been shown to be used as BFR, sending opponents flying several kilometers into the sky into god knows where, has stupid ED range where islands hundreds of kilometers feel his power, has precog and has generally speaking more fighting experience.

Although I will concede her combat range > his and she has better year experience, plus mobility is a thing.

Stamina leans to WB, Artermis is a pain but most of his precog feats are from him asleep. Plus, he also has tanked some pretty gruesome abilities in the past.

I say Whitebeard, plus quake spam is a thing he does. Although this is a very close match.

My vote is subject to change.

I think Sins summed it up pretty good. Whitebeard is a gruesome tank and this is likely to come down to outlasting the opponent.

I mean, if he sends Ikaros flying away, she recover, track his position, and then teaches him why you don't fight at long range against a strategic bombardment type Angeloid.

There is also Aegis, her regen, and her stamina is ridiculous just like WB's

True. I will concede that even with my reasoning, he does not one shot.

Whats her regen like again? I should ask this because if its above Mid, It probably a vote for Ikaros lul.

Yeah but that doesn't tell me much in terms of how much damage she can power through and her pain threshold. Example being, Whitebeard can fight while having a heart attack in battle, get his stomach filled with burning hot magma ( Which probably burnt a bunch of very important organs.) Had half of his face literally blown off ( Honestly should have killed him since it likely burnt a good chunk of his brain off.) , stood up and managed to body Akainu, got attacked by everything member of the Blackbeard pirates and still had enough in him to give a speech before finally dying.

Her regen stems from her reactor which needs to be destroyed to kill her for good (it replaces the heart)

The worst that she powered trough was probably Chaos tearing off her wings, breaking her limbs and iirc damaging her reactor (which is her power source and the thing that keeps her alive, so basically brain+heart).

There is also the fact that she was beaten up pretty badly by Ikaros Melan and got back up (also powered trough having her reactor almost destroyed, but she went Pandora afterwards so idk if it counts). For the record, Ikaros Melan is vastly above base Chaos, who is significantly stronger than Astraea who is significantly stronger than Ikaros herself.

Also, read it instead of watching it, the manga is far better

Kaltias said:
I mean, if he sends Ikaros flying away, she recover, track his position, and then teaches him why you don't fight at long range against a strategic bombardment type Angeloid.

There is also Aegis, her regen, and her stamina is ridiculous just like WB's
Voting Ikaros, yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back