• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which has the better fandom. Pokemon or digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dunno if anyone's mentioned this, but if you've ever been on Pokemon Showdown... it can get very elitist and toxic there.

Reminder that Pokémon has mass genocide in its lore.

But guns? Oh no, not in my family-friendly game.

Reminder that humans and Pokémons "married" each other.

Wasn't there a lady who married a Tentacruel?

What do you think is the ''biggest'' fanbase in the world? and how close are pokemon or digimon to that title?

I mean, Pokémon is the biggest media franchise in the world, bar none. Digimon is surprisingly high, but it's one below Twilight. Guys, fix this travesty.

Digimon isn't that below. It has over 500 episodes (Pokemon cracked 1,000 fairly recently tho) with a couple manga series and several video games. Probably top 30 at least.

I fixed it. Digimon is surprisingly high. And if you combine it with Tamagotchi (which is coincidentally one below it), it shoots up right under TMNT.

How are you defining the size? I usually define the size of a media franchise by how many comics, episodes, manga, books, etc, it has, though I'm guessing you're moreso talking about its brand worth.

Digimon doesn't out do Pokemon. Pokemon has a metric shitload of books, comics, manga, films, live-action plays, albums, educational games, flash games, etc.

Andytrenom said:
I did not expect Cars to be that high...
Cars is one of the largest toy brands in the world, surprisingly.

Personally, I had no idea Anpanman was remotely that big...

Just to be clear, I actually like Cars. It's just that it's placement is a surprise to me.

Darkanine said:
Digimon doesn't out do Pokemon. Pokemon has a metric shitload of books, comics, manga, films, live-action plays, albums, educational games, flash games, etc.
Pokémon Live! ftw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back