• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Which has the better fandom. Pokemon or digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disney is a brand, not a media series.

Sensantional Six is pretty huge though, since it encompasses every Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Goofy and Pluto story ever told.

Needless to say, that's a lot.

Darkanine said:
Disney is a brand, not a media series.

Sensantional Six is pretty huge though, since it encompasses every Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Scrooge McDuck, Goofy and Pluto story ever told.

Needless to say, that's a lot.
I mean, he called "DC Comics" #1.

I assumed he was talking about brands.

The real cal howard said:
Darkanine said:
Digimon doesn't out do Pokemon. Pokemon has a metric shitload of books, comics, manga, films, live-action plays, albums, educational games, flash games, etc.
Pokémon Live! ftw
Fun fact: one of the Pokemon Live actors (Andrew Rannells, who went on to play Elder Price in The Book of Mormo) regretted being in Pokemon Live so much, he stated in his own words he would have rather "been in a snuff or a **** film"

Also I love how Pikachu was almost taller than Ash in that musical

A young man, callow and foolish in innocence, came to own a sword.
With it, he smote Pokémon, which gave sustenance, with carefree abandon.
Those not taken as food, he discarded, with no afterthought.
The following year, no Pokémon appeared. Larders grew bare.
The young man, seeking the missing Pokémon, journeyed afar.
Long did he search. And far and wide, too, until one he did find.
Asked he, "Why do you hide?" To which the Pokémon replied...
"If you bear your sword to bring harm upon us, with claws and fangs, we will exact a toll."
"From your kind we will take our toll, for it must be done."
"Done it must be to guard ourselves and for it, I apologize."
To the skies, the young man shouted his dismay.
"In having found the sword, I have lost so much."
"Gorged with power, I grew blind to Pokémon being alive."
"I will never fall savage again. This sword I denounce and forsake."
"I plead for forgiveness, for I was but a fool."
So saying, the young man hurled the sword to the ground, snapping it.
Seeing this, the Pokémon disappeared to a place beyond seeing...
~ Veilstone's Myth​
Best part is, some people think it's Giratina who was that lone Pokémon. And Giratina didn't just...nuke that dude.

I don't know about Digimon's fanbase, but yeah; Pokemon's fandom can get pretty toxic. So many people say Generation 1 is the only good generation and everything else sucks; others say the whole franchise is a masterpiece despite the blatant flaws later generations have. And even people in the middle can get somewhat aggressive. As for me, I only liked the first 4 generations, but I don't really force mine on others like a lot of Pokemon fans of all sides usually do.

Side note to Cal mentioning Kirby having the best fanbase. Actually, Fire Emblem's fanbase is also great as long as it isn't Mik or cheeper; not saying that's the best either. But I don't think anyone from Golden Sun's fanbase is really toxic; probably because it's so obscure.

FE having a good fanbase? Lol no, look at all of those weird ships Awakening brought. I mean, Lucina X Chrom is still a thing...

BrainScatchComms fanbase is mostly good but there are some really entitled guys who take little jokes to personally.

Pokémon Live! ftw

Digimon also have one. Digimon Adventure TRI. Super Evolution in Stage is a canon live-action play that's better than the anime itself.

Executor N0 said:
Digimon also have one. Digimon Adventure TRI. Super Evolution in Stage is a canon live-action play that's better than the anime itself.
That may be true Ex....but that's a really low bar when it comes to quality. ovo

You think you know a guy, then he licks a teenager's face like he was Freddy Krueger.

I don't even know you anymore, Gennai.

Speaking of which, he supposedly has a Low 2-C feat according to some interview. He might warrant a profile eventually.

Japanese Digimon Fandom is worse than I thought 0v0

The Digimon Twitter is alive again. But... It don't say anything about the Shoutmon X4K figure.

Japanese fans are already complaining and putting together several complaints to Bandai about this and several other reasons. They started a controversy because in some places Bandai writes Okuwamon and in others Oukuwamon, some Japanese complain for the Bandai not to pronounce on the subject.

They also complain that in DRB the Rhinomon X is said to be an Adult while the original form was an Armor and apparently in Artbook it is said that both were Armors.

They are also complaining that on the Bandai site it is said that scientists do not know who created File Island, but in the first Artbook it is said that it was human creation and the Folder Continent was a discovery of them. But the latest Artbook says that both were developed by scientists. They complain that Bandai contradicts itself all the time.

You know ... The Japanese Fanbase exaggerates more than I imagined.

I remember of my old times in Brazilian Digimon Fanbase.

Hate was the most common thing to see among people, always people gathering in groups to attack people from other groups. Already had theft of pages in facebook forcing the owner to pay money to rescue the page, or they steal the pages and then uses a total blockade of ADMIN people so that they were forgotten by fandom, already had information manipulation, group dictatorships (That self proclaimed dictatorships ), people being banned for not agreeing to the established hate scenario, legal proceedings against people from opposing groups, people being called traitors for deciding not to care about what was decided between the groups and more.

I could write a series of netflix using this as a base 0v0

I remember being in Japanese Pokemon fanbase once..... Oh boy. I dropped the franchise at Gen 6 because apparently, 95% of the fanbase are autistics.

I mean, it was understandable because most of the people I chat with is probably mostly teens like me but goddamn. Every time we talk about something there's one or two guys who either hype Pokemon so ******* high or call it piece of shit for not being Gen 1.

I wonder on something:

1) how do you define fan bases? Like if they do not know shit and yell they love a certain franchise, are they still.

2) if I know something to a certain level and I can talk reasonably and show some interest in one thing, but am too "autistic" to join a discussion community, am I in a fan base?

Honestly Pokémon fans are more toxic.

Why do you all say digimon fans are more toxic.

Digimon fans are better at working with each other.

Pokémon fans are bad with each other.

Pokémon has a bigger fanbase so it's more toxic than digimon.

The bigger the fanbase, the more toxic it can be.

Sure digimon might have a few lunatics here and there but their not as toxic as Pokémon or undertake.

Plus cybersleuth and digimon survive prove that digimon isn't dying.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Digimon fanbase can be just as shit if not more shitty than the Pokemon or Smash Bros fanbase.
Pokémon is more shitty. Why are you saying digimon is more shitty.

I may sound like a digimon fanboy. But I'm just saying that because Pokémon has the bigger fanbase so it's more toxic than digimon.

Why does everyone here say digimon is more toxic when it's the opposite.

Darkanine said:
Pokemon without a shadow of a doubt. Outside of this wiki, I've had few good experiences with Digimon fans. Lots of elitist who worship the sub and curse everything else, or people who don't even remotely understand Digimon lore but act like they're experts on it (like the admins of Wikimon...).
I can't believe a digimon fan himself is saying that digimon is worse than Pokémon when it comes to fanbase.

Pokémon is obviously more toxic dude.

Executor N0 said:
I remember of my old times in Brazilian Digimon Fanbase.

Hate was the most common thing to see among people, always people gathering in groups to attack people from other groups. Already had theft of pages in facebook forcing the owner to pay money to rescue the page, or they steal the pages and then uses a total blockade of ADMIN people so that they were forgotten by fandom, already had information manipulation, group dictatorships (That self proclaimed dictatorships ), people being banned for not agreeing to the established hate scenario, legal proceedings against people from opposing groups, people being called traitors for deciding not to care about what was decided between the groups and more.

I could write a series of netflix using this as a base 0v0
Your saying digimon is worse than Pokémon in fanbase.

You do realize it's the opposite right.

I'm getting really mad here that most of replies say digimon is more toxic when it should be the opposite.

You need to seriously cut down on the sass here. You just came back from being unblocked, and now you're trying to pick fights with the staff all over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back