• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Hey, idk if this thread or anyone interested in 07th-verse are still active or not, but the English patch for Symphony of Catbox and dreams has been released, just a reminder.

This technically isn't WTC related but I don't know where else to discuss this specifically. Should we talk about Ryukishi07 working on a new Silent Hill game?!

HAHAHAHHAHH

Realistically, I don't expect continuation on Ciconia until after he's done working on Silent Hill f. Which meeeeeeeeeeans we still got awhile lol

I think SHf releases this years, so we might get some release date for Ciconia later this year.

But that's just my copium speaking.

Hello, I would like to ask a few questions about Umineko's verse.
first: What exactly are catboxes? I found a site that said that catbox's had infinite kakeras, but I'm not sure what the catbox is for, or exactly what it is, I've seen people saying that they are like "worlds" of witches.
Second: Is there just a sea of fragments? What is his tier? And how far does he understand himself in cosmology? I've seen someone saying that there is a sea of fragments in each layer, and that in each sea of fragments there are infinite catbox's.
Does a witch have more than one catbox? Either on her layer or somewhere else.
He also says that within the ocean of fragments there are countless catboxes, and also he said that the catboxes of the ocean of fragments transcend each other, and are inaccessible to each other. Basically saying that the first catbox is 2-A, the second is low 1-C because it transcends and is inaccessible to the first one.

Last edited:
first: What exactly are catboxes? I found a site that said that catbox's had infinite kakeras, but I'm not sure what the catbox is for, or exactly what it is, I've seen people saying that they are like "worlds" of witches.

The term "Catbox" originates from the concept of Schrodinger's Catbox. I won't bore you with the details of why it's named like that and whatnot, but a Catbox in When They Cry basically is the territory of a Witch. This territory can incapsulate a universe, multiple universe, infinite universes, and much much more.

Second: Is there just a sea of fragments? What is his tier? And how far does he understand himself in cosmology? I've seen someone saying that there is a sea of fragments in each layer, and that in each sea of fragments there are infinite catbox's.

There seems to be a Sea of Fragments for each layer, and, because the previous point was about them, each Catbox/Territory has its own internal Sea of Fragments containing the Kakera's (basically entire universes) of that Catbox. The Sea of Fragments exists all over the cosmology, baring the Human Domain, as that's the lowest point of it. The Sea also doesn't really have a set tier, as, going by the current tier on the wiki, it can go from like 1C to High 1B.

Does a witch have more than one catbox? Either on her layer or somewhere else.

Voyager Witches can have as many as they wish to, as they aren't bound to one like Territory Lords are.

He also says that within the ocean of fragments there are countless catboxes, and also he said that the catboxes of the ocean of fragments transcend each other, and are inaccessible to each other. Basically saying that the first catbox is 2-A, the second is low 1-C because it transcends and is inaccessible to the first one.

Yes, that's just a feature of the grander Sea of Fragments that exists in every layer. Like, a single Kakera in a higher layer can contain the entire Sea of Fragments from the lower layer (we directly see this in Higurashi Sotsu with Eua's Catbox), and this could go on ad infinitum.

Right, but these catbox are really inaccessible higher dimensions? He basically said that catbox are high 1-B structures, and the second layer of a witch is already high 1-A, having infinite catbox 1-A that transcend the previous one.

And what exactly is going on here? He said that Beatrice is creating infinite inaccessible kakeras/higher dimensions (high 1-B), and says that because of this, all kakeras of all layers are transcendent.

Right, but these catbox are really inaccessible higher dimensions?
Sure, why not, they do contain dimensions that are superior to lower ones.
he basically said that catbox are high 1-B structures, and the second layer of a witch is already high 1-A, having infinite catbox 1-A that transcend the previous one.
This is not quite right in this wiki, maybe for some outside scaler.
And what exactly is going on here? He said that Beatrice is creating infinite inaccessible kakeras/higher dimensions (high 1-B), and says that because of this, all kakeras of all layers are transcendent.
Ange explained the nature of how infinities function in WTC, the wiki treats it as an analogy, I'm not sure if your question pertains to an original scale outside of here.

Back