• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Why would it be non canon? It is written and supervised by Ryukishi07, and is stated to be a culmination of Higurashi, Kai and Rei by him too (you can check the links in 07th Expansion fandom Wiki).

Gou and Sotsu are very well canon. They are also referenced in Mei too.
Context?

I can't think how both Meguri and Sotsu are Canon when they have totally different storyline including Meta-world unless the both of them (including Eua and Meta-world) are just a mere fragment

Last edited:
Satoko from Sotsu ends up in one of the Mei worlds for a bit. In another story about the Library of Time (a backup to City of Books) Satoko finds a book that it's implied to be Gou/Sotsu. Also, Eua appears multiple times in Mei.

unless the both of them (including Eua and Meta-world) are just a mere fragment
I mean, Hanyuu's entire catbox is just a fragment in Eua's. And in Mei it's implied that the Mei catbox is a different one from Eua's.

I mean, Hanyuu's entire catbox is just a fragment in Eua's. And in Mei it's implied that the Mei catbox is a different one from Eua's.
I mean about Hanyuu VS Eua that happened in Sotsu (this maybe an anti-feat also when Hanyuu was able to appear in the higher world) but it didn't happen in Meguri after Hanyuu's disappearance

In case anyone is currently working in the CRT for Umineko characters, check this out

Otherwise, I'm planning to start working next week or the week after that once I have some free time, in case none's already working on it (you can ask me for help if you are).

Just mentioning that some possible anti-feats that can appear and should be clarified, imo, are Beatrice's Endless Magic (Memoirs from Lambda/Confession of the golden witch) making her step in the Witch Domain while being constructed in the Human Domain and maybe the Onigari-no-ryuuou sword being sent to the Human Domain and then Hanyuu calling it back to the Witch Domain.
Good, but no need to fast things up. Only 4 tier 1-A/H1-A CRTs will be let open per time, and from what I'm seeing there's a lot of new threads for those tiers coming up, so you will need to wait.

WTC does not only need a tier revision, but also a revision to its profiles and some P&As. I'm currently trying to add scans and reference to the profiles (along with already having a CRT made since like 2021 with relevant tiering scans), and I'll likely be getting help with this from Jinsye and maybe Ultima too.

Also, as mentioned above, only 4 CRTs can be open at once, so there is really no need to hurry this.

In case anyone is currently working in the CRT for Umineko characters, check this out

Otherwise, I'm planning to start working next week or the week after that once I have some free time, in case none's already working on it (you can ask me for help if you are).

Just mentioning that some possible anti-feats that can appear and should be clarified, imo, are Beatrice's Endless Magic (Memoirs from Lambda/Confession of the golden witch) making her step in the Witch Domain while being constructed in the Human Domain and maybe the Onigari-no-ryuuou sword being sent to the Human Domain and then Hanyuu calling it back to the Witch Domain.
iirc, City of books doesn't have any anti-feat (??)

Question

1. About the City of books and Featherine study is outside the Witch domain is weird for me when Erika within the City of books said that there is a higher layer and higher witches

"Great witches who live on a far, far higher plane than we do are hardly any different from a Creator or God. From their perspective, our little tale (should be the City of books) is worth little more than a single book, if that."

2. (Unless City of books and her Study if both are really outside the witch domain)
Any further explanation about Featherine transcending the Witch domain and interview from R07 when Featherine realized that she was written by someone and became a writer herself which can be an anti-feat

Last edited:
Pretty sure Erika was referring to the Umineko tale in that quote. Like, IIRC, she even mentioned hers and Ange's lives in the same context.

Tbf what is stated to be beyond Witch Domain is Aurora's Study, not CoB itself. I don't remember if CoB and Aurora's study have shown to be directly connected/in the same plane in episode 8.

Anyway, Aurora, who exists beyond the Witch Domain, is called the Witch of Theatergoing, meaning beings beyond witch domain also can be called Witches. Which isn't really inconsistent, since the definition of witches itself is vague

Tbf what is stated to be beyond Witch Domain is Aurora's Study, not CoB itself. I don't remember if CoB and Aurora's study have shown to be directly connected/in the same plane in episode 8.
I think it's heavily implied to be in the same space. There's also that interview from 2011 where Ryu directly states that Featherine's residence is in the City of Books.

So finally its here...
I wish we could use mei scans too, like it would be way more easy to get high 1a but CoB could work too. Great job as always

I think it's heavily implied to be in the same space. There's also that interview from 2011 where Ryu directly states that Featherine's residence is in the City of Books.
I've heard that that is a mistranslation, and that the correct translation says that the books are laid out from the study to CoB.
広大な虚無の海の中に、可能 性や幻想、妄想の数だけかけらが浮いてい て、そのかけらが島や領地と呼ばれている。 『O●E PI●CE』で言うところのグランド ●インみたいな感じですか(笑)。何とも言えない不思議な空気感がありますね。そこに 世界政府ならぬ元老院と呼ばれる組織が存 在する。組織に関しては、謎めいた雰囲気 を楽しんでもらえるだけでいいかなと思いまし た。図書の都は、ネーミングセンスも含めて 気に入っています。本がぶわっと置かれてい るフェザリーヌの悪の居城は、最初の開発 コードネームはベルン城だったんです(笑)。
In the vast sea of nothingness, there are as many fragments of possibilities, illusions, and delusions floating around, and these fragments are called islands and territories. It's like the Grand "In" (Grand Line) in "O●E PI●CE"(laughs). There's an indescribably mysterious atmosphere there. There is an organization called the Senate, which is not the world government. As for the organization, I thought it would be better if people could just enjoy the mysterious atmosphere. I like the City of Books, including its naming sense. Featherine's evil Castle, where the books are laid out, was first developed under the code name of Bern Castle (laughs).
Though I'm not knowledgeable in Japanese to confirm

Also i have to ask what do you think about Maria's "strongest creator" statement, isnt it an anti feat?
The "strongest" stuff might be a mistranslation. This is what I've got with both DeepL and ChatGPT 4:

私は世界で一番の魔女、うぅん! 世界で一番偉い、造物主になることを約束されていた子…!

DeepL: I am the greatest witch in the world, ugh! The greatest in the world, the child who was promised to be the creator...!

ChatGPT: I am the greatest witch in the world, no, the child who was promised to become the most powerful, the creator of the world...!

Wouldn't Aurora be High 1-A+? She surpasses even the Study and COB after all, and is described as a pillar to the entire world.

You'd need to prove that it encompasses all possible worlds, including all conceivable extensions of qualities, meta-qualities, meta-meta-qualities and so on to reach High 1-A+

Wouldn't Aurora be High 1-A+? She surpasses even the Study and COB after all, and is described as a pillar to the entire world.
At first, I thought we could get H1A+ FAA based on she is only one layer below the creator domain. But i guess that alone wont be enough to qualify

At first, I thought we could get H1A+ FAA based on she is only one layer below the creator domain. But i guess that alone wont be enough to qualify
I thought that too! Looking and backtracking from tier 0 description, it was making sense. Whatever, it is all in Ultima's hands anyway.

Also i have to ask what do you think about Maria's "strongest creator" statement, isnt it an anti feat?
Me personally, I think it's her childlike nature thinking stuff up (from Maria's perspective) and a massive red herring based on that (regarding the second scan about explaining what Creator is). But I dunno, maybe that's just me

The information about creator is almost nonexistent. Afaik there only is the explanation in memoirs of Lambda, the description in tips of one episode –I don't remember which rn– and some mentions in episode 4 and 7 related to Maria.

Besides that, there is a whole event in Mei about how someone truly omnipotent and omniscient cannot exist on the world, though Mei is not accepted as canon afaik

The information about creator is almost nonexistent. Afaik there only is the explanation in memoirs of Lambda, the description in tips of one episode –I don't remember which rn– and some mentions in episode 4 and 7 related to Maria.

Besides that, there is a whole event in Mei about how someone truly omnipotent and omniscient cannot exist on the world, though Mei is not accepted as canon afaik
Iirc ovy said some events are canon. We have to check them i guess

Heh, Ryukishi being the master of detective novels once again. I guess without love it really cannot be seen

I'm pretty sure you can fairly consider the whole game besides, at best, crossover events as canon

Though if it is not accepted by the wiki, then it doesn't matter
I wish i could play it. But what do you think about the scaling. If you remember i shared some qualitive superiority scans before, if we can get 1a layers in human domain, wouldnt we scale witch domain to h1a without infinite layers of 1a? And we could get inf layers into h1a for witch domain.
I think its similar what you guys did in AFB wiki(if im not missing something)

If Human Domain ended up having qualitative superiorities, pretty sure Witch Domain would end up being High 1-A (meta-QS) and every qualitative superiority would end up being meta-

Ain't every event written by Ryukishi? I'm not sure about crossovers, but pretty sure Ryukishi07 is the main writer of anything related to When they cry in Mei

Back