• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Does anyone know which chapter of the manga explains the cat boxes?
Don't know the exact chapter in the manga as I've read the VN, but if you mean Beatrice's catbox, it is firstly explained within the chapter 3, after Virgilia was defeated by Beatrice and the former met Battler in the Meta-World.

If you mean the sea of fragments within the catbox, it is explained in episode 5, when Bern decided to solve Witch's epitaph

If you mean Bern's catbox, it is after Lion and Williard were alone in the chapel.

Higu Mei's main story and events should be canon, the crossovers not that much (outside of the Umineko one, duh). The Higu Mei catbox was confirmed to be a separate catbox from the VN one in the first Eua event (where IIRC she tells the GM that this ain't her gameboard so she's just here for the funsies and not to wreck stuff).

I think I'm delusional because I couldn't find it at all. The most I found was that Virgilia compares the catbox with the gameboard in the sense that the catbox is the gameboard's possibilities, so perhaps some argument can be made that catboxes follow the same R>F that Players and Game Masters have in relation to the gameboard but in relation to possibilities within possibilities?

Also, this Mei story confirms an old theory about higher beings: it seems that they take their forms based on the memories/mind of the human that they are interacting with. This explains why in Umineko they are witches (cause of Yasu), while in Higu they are gods (cause of Rika).

Are those stories temporal ones or part of the lore of Higurashi Mei? I'd like to read a bit of it but need to find some good translator that could let me understand what it says because I don't understand japanese

Oh? Is there anything else known about it?
Screenshot_20231030-134128-205.png

Screenshot_20231030-150248-954.png

Are Alice's abilities outdated or are there missing scans? I just want to see non-duality in umineko
I also want to read this series but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does anyone know?

Almost all 07th Expansion pages' haxes are outdated

And afaik Trianthology has no translation to english, so at best you'd have to play it in japanese

There's something I'd like to confirm.

As we know that Hanyuu came from another world (parallel world) which is called Ryun's dimension as the background of Higurashi
(Each of fragments has the sword inside the shrine also details about the Furude family)

so basically, can we say that each of fragments has parallel world (timeline) inside of them ???

Yes. Fragments can contain a bunch of things. There are fragments in Gou/Sotsu (and Mei too, iirc) that contain the entirety of Hanyuu's Catbox (or at least its Sea of Fragments).

Mfw I'm hearing about "human level Umineko" for the billionth time and everything that occurred was fake illusions.

I don't even care if that's how one interpreted Umineko (although this really works when viewing it as a standalone, and not WTC as a whole), but it's annoying seeing it come up for when vs debaters wanna nerf it

Yeah, it's annoying when the people who make that claim has not really even read the VN or the manga and just follows it to downplay Umineko because they don't like it to be strong

Like, I like both interpretations, and would even agree to have a human interpretation key/profile. But, from that to claim that "everything that happened is fiction lmao Umineko Human Level, cope" is just silly

I have a question about this.
Since HDE will be removed, what will replace it?
I believe they must have some kind of metaphysical existence, but there is no such ability on the wiki.

Back